Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Workin' at the Car Wash, Yeah!

When Ruby moves to a whole new region and a whole new town, he also has to go to a whole new school. He is then put in a class with a buncha weirdos! Will Ruby survive or will he be doomed to live like this forever?!

Chapter 11 - Workin' at the Car Wash, Yeah!

Chapter 11 - Workin' at the Car Wash, Yeah!
Today was the day of the school sponsered car wash. We charged people for free, but some people always gave donations, anyway. Everyone was getting ready, and some cars had already pulled up.
"Crystal, can you hand me that sponge?" Yellow asked.
"Here ya go," Crystal said, as she gave her the yellow sponge. Yellow mixed some soap and water, while Silver and Blue worked on getting the hoses ready.
"I wonder what happens when I pull this nozzel..." Silver said, pointing the hose to himself.
"No, wait--!" Blue cried. Instantly, a wave of water exploded into Silver's face. he quickly turned the hose off, and everyone hooted in laughter.
Meanwhile, Sapphire was whining her head off.
"But I don't wanna wash someone's filthy car!"
"Er, well, you can use the hose to rinse the soap off," I said.
"Yuck."
"Hey Gold, how's the sign?"
Gold turned his head and smiled. "It rocks, man!" Red held up a giant piece of poster board that said "Free School Sponsered Car Wash! Donations accepted." In the background was a red car, some sponges, and a hose. I nodded in approval and Red and Gold worked to add the finishing touches on it.
***
Peridot was carrying to buckets full of soapy water and saw Diamond with a magnifying glass. Dy watched in curiosity.
"Guys, what are you doing?" Peridot questioned.
"Ya know how on T.V. people can adjust magnifying glasses to burn things? I'm trying to do that, but I have not yet succeded..." Diamond replied as she poised the magnifying glass a little more to the right.
"Good luck with that!" Peridot said with uncertainty as she dragged the buckets along.
***
Amethyst was helping wash a red van, and has just finished the tires. She had purple hair, and strangely, her right eye was blue and her left eye was purple. Let's just say she has a fuzzy felling for Red. EMO Red.
She grunted as she picked up a bucket to refill it. She spotted Diamond and Dy with the magnigying glass. Diamond had scribbled a sign that said "If you are wondering what I'm doin', I'm trying to burn stuff with a magnifying glass!", taped it to a pencil, and stuck it in the ground.
"Okay..." she said with a sweatdrop. No watching her step, she bumped into Peridot, who just came back from filling two buckets. Water sloshed onto the ground, and the buckets were once again, empty.
"Oh my god, I'm sorry!" Amethyst apologized, bowing.
"No sweat, I hate this job anyway!" Peridot said with a wave of her hand. "Are you volunteering?"
"Yeah, my name's Amethyst!"
"Sweet, I'm Peridot! That's girl who's trying to burn grass is my friend, Diamond."
"Why...?" Amethyst started.
"Don't ask."
***
"Pearl, why aren't you doin' ANYTHING?!"
"Because, there's nothing for me to do." she scoffed.
"What?! There's a buncha stuff to do!!" Gold exclaimed. Pearl flipped her hair, and that made Gold even angrier. He gritted his teeth and stormed out of her prescence.
"Jeez, she makes me sick..." he murmered. All of a sudden, he heard someone shout, "Success!!" He turned around and saw that Diamond had, indeed, created a small flame on the grass.
"I knew it wasn't a myth!" she triumphed. "Well, better put it out," She took a hose and doused the flame with water. She then slipped the glass in her back pocket, and bounded to the car lane, to see if she could be in of any service.
***
"How much money have we collected?" Red asked.
"About 10 dollars..." I said, as I scrubbed the fender of a jeep.
"Nice,"
Silver was handling the hose, and accidently turned on the nozzle, spraying Red and me from head to toe.
"Yargh, you idiot!" Red snarled, and he took a bucket of soapy water and heaved it at Silver. Silver dodged but it hit Blur instead. And, of course, Blue got anygry and fired a stream of water from a hose.
"Water fight!" Aquamarine yelled, as she turned on another hose, full blast. Everyone was soaked, but the cars were squeaky clean. Soapy water drained down the driveway, as Peridot, Gold, Dy, and Diamond emerged from a hiding spot under a table.
"Dang, I just had this washed," Dy said, wringing the water from his drenchted shirt.
"And this sweatshirt is dry clean only!" Gold said, with a fist in the air. Pearl, who didn't do anything from the start said "Now I have something to do! Make fun of how ridiculous you all look!"
Gold, Dy, Diamond, and Peridot all sighed.


.....



Luckily, the teachers didn't know ANYTHING...

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Coolstra on May 4, 2007, 11:57:19 PM

Coolstra on
Coolstralol! Water fights are fun!
Great job!

gemdrop123neo on April 24, 2007, 7:28:01 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoW00t! I love it when Aquamarine makes Ruby's life a living *beeping* *beep*
 
And...then....GIOVANNI PULLS UP IN HIS GANGSTA CAR AND RUNS OVER ALL THE LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashleetheangel312 on April 26, 2007, 11:35:22 AM

Ashleetheangel312 on
Comment Deleted

gemdrop123neo on April 26, 2007, 11:41:07 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoMUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
....AND MORE EVILNESS!

sapphirestar7789 on April 27, 2007, 7:51:22 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789Right...

Umbreonsrule on April 24, 2007, 3:25:19 AM

Umbreonsrule on
UmbreonsruleThis story's really great, keep it up! I can't wait for the next part. ;)

drakestshadow_x on April 23, 2007, 10:02:02 AM

drakestshadow_x on
drakestshadow_xyes!!! i heart small fires :D

wolf-girl-ghost on April 22, 2007, 7:42:10 PM

wolf-girl-ghost on
wolf-girl-ghostLol awesome!Water fight!Even though I wasn't involved...Am I still in the fic?

shinypikachu2608 on April 22, 2007, 7:32:33 PM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608the teachers will find out

fennecfox on April 22, 2007, 1:52:04 PM

fennecfox on
fennecfoxYeah, Silver ACCIDENTALLY started a water fight...