Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - birthday

AU its harrys 6th year(post OOTP)$ new students come to Hogwarts this year.Will they help Dumbledores plan of inter-house unity or will they spread the rift between the houses further apart?

Chapter 1 - birthday

Chapter 1 - birthday
DISCLAIMER: I own none of the harry potter characters,although I wish I did.So don't sue me because if you do I have nothing to give you.

SUMMARY: It is Harrys sixth year at hogwarts and 4 new students will be joining them.These 4 new students aren't any run-of-the-mill students no they are 4 very special students(I am not gonna tell you why cause that would just ruin it).Will these 4 new students help Dumbledore finally achieve his goal of inter-house unity,or will they just make the rift between the 4 houses bigger?

A/N:this story is completely AU.YAY this is my first fic,but i don't think it will be good because it is my first fic and I am a crappy writer.But the idea wouldn't leave me alone so I typed it.I also want to dedicate this chapter to my best friend Julia,because you have been such an awesome friend since we first met. :P

Title-founders heirs
Author-Sari5156


_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                                        chapter 1:
                                                                        birthday
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was 11:59,July 30th and every house on Privet Drive was completely dark except for number 4.There was one light on in that house, and it was on in the smallest room in the house. Inside that room Harry Potter,the-boy-who-lived sat on his bed looking at his alarm clock waiting for 12:00 to come.It was a custom for Harry to sit up and wait for midnight so that he could celebrate his birthday.

As the clock turned to 12:00 it started to beep.

Harry sighed and looked out the window to see if hedwig was coming.Soon after harry heared tap,tap,tap so he went to go open the window.Four owls flew in when he opened the window.Hedwig,Pig,a barn owl,and a very offical looking great horned owl landed on his desk.Harry walked over to the owls to take the letters from them.

First he went to hedwig and took hermiones present and letter from her pro-offered leg.Hedwig took off and flew into her cage to have a drink.Next Harry went over to Pig and took his present and letter from Ron off Pigs leg.'I am surprised that Pig could cerry the letter PLUS the present,he was such a small owl'.Pig then joined hedwig in her cage and strted to eat a bit of food.Then Harry went to the barn owl and took the bag and note from him knowing that this present was from hagrid.The barn owl then flew out of the window back to hogwarts. Harry then went to the great horned owl and took the letter from it and the owl flew out the window too.

'I wonder who this is from?'harry thought.

Harry then turned over the envelope and a feeling of worry set in when he seen the offical ministry seal on the back.'Must be my O.W.L results,I will leave those for last'

Harry took the letter from hermione and opened it then started to read:

        Dear Harry,

        Happy Birthday!

        I hope your summer hasn't gone too bad.I just got back from France a couple days ago.We had so much fun!

        We got your letter yesterday,and it's good to know that the dursleys more pleasent to you.

        The order hasn't told us anything new yet,so we don't have anything new to tell you.

        What happened at the Ministy of Magic is not your fault Harry.I REAPEAT IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!If it is any ones fault it is Bellatrix's and      Voldemorts!Please don't feel guilty for what happened.

        Love,
        Hermione

        (p.s. I hope you like your present)

No,Harry couldn't let himself think about him,as long as he didn't think about what hapened and he pushed it to the back of his mind he was ok.But this time it was not working and raw emotions rose to the surface."Sirius....,"Harry said quietly "I have only known you for 2 years and you were already ripped from my life.I am so sorry."Silent tears started to slip down Harry's face.Harry took a deep breath,wiped his tears away and reached to open Hermiones present to him.

Harry opened hermiones present to find another box of eagle quills and some sweets from France.' good thing 'Mione gave me those quills because I was running low'Harry then reached under his bed,lifted up the board under his bed,and placed hermiones gifts uner the board.

Next harry went to open Hagrids present.Hagrids present to Harry was some rock cakes.Like Hermiones present he put it under the board then read the note.The note read:

        Dear Harry,

        Happy birthday Harry.I hope that you have a good summer.

        See you when school starts,
        Hagrid

Harry went over to Rons present and read the letter he sent.

        Hey Mate,

        How's your summer been so far?Mine has been good.I hope that those relatives of yours are still treating you good 'cause if their not then      the order will have to come pay a visit.(We would come and get you but right now everyone is being really serious about your protection at      your aunts,so we wouldn't be able to come get you.)

        Oh ya,Dumbledore agreed that you could come over the Burrow for the last week of holidays.Hermione is gonna be staying for the last     week too.Some one from the Order will be there to pick you up to come over.. We can go to diagon alley together and get our
        textbooks.Hermione wants us to wait for you to get to our house to tell you what we got on our O.WL.'s.I don't even know what Hermione  got on her O.W.L.'s,she won't tell me.I guess I shouldn't tell you mine,you will have to wait 'till you come over.When we go to diagon alley    we can visit the twin's joke shop.They are doing really well!

        I hope that you have a happy birthday!!
        Good luck on your owls

        Ron

Now Harry couldn't wait until the last week of summer holidays to see Ron and Hermione again!Reaching over Harry picked up Ron's present and tore it open.Inside were some Honeydukes sweets and some stuff that Harry asumed were from Fred and George's joke shop.

Putting that stuff under the board he reached for te final letter.Picking it up he turned it over,opened the seal and lifted the letter out.'My whole carrer as an auror lies in this one letter.More specifically what I got on my potions Mark.'Dread crept in as Harry thought of what he would do after school if he didn't get accpeted into the NEWT potions class.Harry Unfolded the parchment and read:

        ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVEL RESULTS:

        passing marks:Outstanding(O)
                         Exceeds Expectations(E)
                         Acceptable(A)
         failing marks:Poor(P)
                         Dreadful(D)
                         Troll(T)

        HARRY JAMES POTTERS RESULTS:

        Astronamy:                              A
        Care of Magical Creatures:              E
        Charms:                         O
        Defense Against the Dark Arts:  O
        Divination:                             D
        Herbology:                              E
        History of Magic                        D
        Potions:                                E
        Transficuration:                        O

Harrys hearts dropped like a rock as he read that black E scrawled after his potions mark.All his hopes of being an auror went down the drain.Sitting on the bed Harry dropped hid head into his hands.Now he had no idea what he wanted to do after school was finished.All of his hopes gone because of him not being able to study harder for his stupid potions exam!He was just about ready to cry when all of a sudden there was a big poof of fire and Fawkes sat on the edge of his bed,note tied to his leg.

Fawkes waled over to Harry and nudged him in the side.Looking up Harry reached out and took the letter from Fawkes' leg.While stroking Fawkes' feathers on his head he read the note from the headmaster:

        Dear Harry

        Regarding your potions mark,which I believe you got an exceeds expectations on you will be attending professor Snape's NEWT level       potions class.So buy the text books for the NEWT level potions class.But mind you though you have to keep up good marks.

        Have a good summer
        Professor Dumbledore

Fawkes left in another firey poof.Harry jumped up off the bed and yelled a triumphant "YES!!!"

As Harry closed his window and changed into his pajamas he thought'Thank you so much headmaster.'Turning off the lamp,taking off his glasses and climbing into bed Harry thought'Boy Snape is gonna be so mad that I got into his NEWT potions class!'with that final thought Harry fell asleep with a smile on his face.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There i got that chapter done!It took me a couple hours to type up.Kind of a happy/sappy ending huh?

Next post:In a week or two

Remember to R/R please!!!:D             

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BobrechaunProductions on June 17, 2006, 4:19:19 PM

BobrechaunProductions on
BobrechaunProductionsVery good! I wish I could give Harry a hug because I miss Sirius too.
And Snape is SO gonna be off the wall furious.