Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Can We Be Together?

When Sasuke finnaly defeats his brother, he comes back to Konoha. But what will Sakura do? Will she choose the path of GOOD..........or EVIL? Read to find out!

Chapter 9 - Can We Be Together?

Chapter 9 - Can We Be Together?
Well, *sniff sniff* this is it! The last chapter! I'm sad, I don't want this to end.... WAAA! I wanted to go out with a BANG so I made this extra long for ya'll! Ok, well, thats enough talking! Here ya go people! THE LAST CHAPTER to When The Stars Don't Shine!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥



“If you don’t give them to me, I will force you to!” Sasuke yelled.

“I do not have the keys. Kabuto locked me in here too.” She confessed and her eyes became glassy. “He said he has no more use for me, so he gave me some food and threw me in here.” Sasuke’s eyes softened just a tad as he sat down next to her.

Sakura brought her gaze to Sasuke, though not quite looking in his eyes. She reached back and untied Sasuke's wrists withough even looking at his face. “If you want, I’ll tell you the story now.”


For about fifteen minutes, Sasuke listened to Sakura’s dreadful story, taking in every detail. They sat, leaning against the cold, hard wall. Sasuke clenched his fists and grinded his teeth together.

Sakura’s eyes were glassy once more, once she was done with her story, she didn’t take her eyes off of the floor. She was immediately snapped out of her thoughts as Sasuke got up from his position. She looked up at him in question, her brows furrowed with worry and sadness.

“So, he used you.... to get to me. Is that correct?”

Sakura wasn’t sure if it was a question, or a demand. He sounded concerned, but at the same time, fuming with anger. She nodded hazily and he continued.

“And you got hurt in the process.” Sasuke didn’t take his eyes off of Sakura. His onyx eyes starring down on her emerald ones, as if he could find information just by looking at them. Once again, she nodded slowly, and getting up from her position.

She could tell he was about to murder Kabuto for what he has done to his friend, and what he put her through, that she could see in his eyes. Just by the way he glared at the wall, anyone could tell, even Naruto.

“Don’t worry Sasuke.” She finally had the courage to talk to him again. He turned to face her, and he softened just the tiniest bit. Sakura knew though, that it was a lie. She was still under Kabuto’s control by that gosh darn bracelet. As she thought about it, her gaze settled on that same object. She starred at it, occasionally turning it over to look at the other side. But her actions didn’t go unnoticed.

Sasuke reached over, and grabbed her wrist and examined it himself, which caused Sakura to blush just the smallest bit.

“How do you suppose we get this off of you?” Sasuke asked, not taking his eyes off the emerald gemmed bracelet.

Their conversation was cut short as they heard the door open. Automatically, Sasuke jumped in front of Sakura protectively. She already had enough lately, he wouldn’t have her go through anymore.

He narrowed his eyes as that bastard, Kabuto, walked up to the two, which were in the corner of the small room.

“Seems you let the Uchiha down from his ropes I see.” Kabuto starred at Sakura, who was peeking around Sasuke, just to get a glimpse of him. She swallowed, and nodded. Sasuke still didn’t budge from his spot in front of the small girl.

“What happened to the food I sent you?” Kabuto looked around the room to see the shards of broken glass in a small pile on the opposite side of the room.

Sakura bit her lip nervously.

“GO TO HELL!” Sasuke shouted, and kicked the plate straight out of her hands, sending it crashing into the brick wall.

Sasuke could feel Sakura shaking from behind him, probably frightened of that freak, Kabuto.

It’s almost like Kabuto could read their minds, as he knew what must have happened. “I’ll let it slide this time.” He smirked. “I’ll bring some more food later.” With that, he left the two, making sure to lock each and every lock that was on the door.

Sakura sighed in relief and fell to the ground in exhaustion. Sasuke released some of his tension and sat back down. He wanted to kill Kabuto on the spot, but knew he would have no chance without any chalkra.

For the next ten whole, long hours, they exchanged conversations, and had taken a small rest in-between. Now, they weren’t talking, just taking in the silent moment and relax.

Sakura almost yelped when she heard her own stomach growl. This didn’t go unnoticed.

“When was the last time you ate?” Sasuke turned to face his teammate.

Sakura bit her bottom lip again, and looked away and mumbled something.

“What was that?”

“I said... three days.” She trailed off and looked up at the Uchiha, looking for the expression on his face.

“Are you crazy!?” Sasuke finnaly snapped.

“Well, I was just under so much stress, I just couldn’t eat! I did drink water though, if that counts.” She started twiddling her fingers like Hinata.

Sasuke sighed. “We need to get you some food. Where the hell is Kabuto. He said he would have food.”

Sakura didn’t say anything. She hated to be the burden of the group. That’s what she always thought of herself, the one who is always in the way. When she was little, maybe twelve, she was always the one being saved by one of her teammates. She was so scared, she could never stand up for herself. But now, she even surpassed the Hokage. The Hokage! The funny thing is that she had a better chance of becoming hokage than Naruto does. But now, right now, she felt as usless as she did when she was twelve.

Sasuke noticed the mood change, judging by the expression on her face. He wanted to comfort her so badly, show her that he wasn’t a heartless bastard, but he wasn’t the one to show emotions. Not even to his closest friends. But what he did, even shocked himself.

He slowly reached his hand over to her hand, and gently gripped it, using his thumb to stroke it gingerly.

Sakura was shocked, but felt much more relaxed now. Who knew the almighty Uchiha could care so much. She smiled in thanks and her eyes became heavy. Yawning, she started to fall asleep against the wall. She didn’t care that it was uncomfortable, she was so tired she could sleep on a rock, which was almost exactly what she was sleeping on.

Sasuke watched the girl fall deeply asleep right next to him, letting out a quiet snore here or there. His eyes widened when he seen her falling to one side. He was about to catch her, but she caught herself and positioned herself against the wall, sitting straight again.

What he wasn’t prepared for, was her to fall the opposite way this time, and leaned her head on his shoulder. Sasuke didn’t seem to mind it though, it gave him some comfort. He soon found himself falling into a peaceful sleep as well.


"Sasuke? Sasuke, where are you?" A pink haired girl yelled, swaying left and right throughout the cold, dark woods.

"You betrayed me." An eery voice called out, echoing in every direction of the damp forest. "I trusted you, and you betrayed me!" It said again, with more anger and force this time.

"Wha- who are you. Show yourself!" Sakura cryed out, a kunai firmly into her hand.

Just as she asked, a faint shadow of a figure came out of the darkness. Identity was still unknown to her.

"Who are you?" She yelled, but more scared than anything.

"Why? Why couldn't you have been strong enough? Why are you so weak to defend even yourself?" As those words were said, a tear made its way down the crushed blossoms face.

"... S-Sasuke?" She painfully said, wishing and hoping it wasn't true, even though it was most indeed true.

"Your not strong enough."

"Yes I am!"

"Your weak.”

"No I'm not!"

"Your useless."

"Stop it!" Sakura covered her ears and fell to the hard ground. Tears were streaming down her rosy cheeks.

Sasuke walked over to the pathetic little blossom and lifted her chin up, so she would be facing him. "And do you know why your weak?"

That sentence caught Sakura's attention quite quickly.

"it's because you love me.”

Sakura’s eyes widened immediately, as he continued.

“You hold back your true strength when I’m around. You were perfectly fine while I was with Orochimaru, but the second I returned, you fell apart again.”

Those words burned. REALLY burned. Like spears going through her heart, or at least what was left of her heart.

“S-so your saying… Give up on you?” She wasn’t sure weather to say anything or not, but it just happened to spill out.

Sasuke’s form was hazy, as if a glitch in a video game. He took a deep breath and said, “...Yes.”

“Sakura”

She was speechless. Why wouldn’t her voice work.

“Sakura.”

It’s like someone took her voice away, It’s like she couldn’t even breath.

“Sakura!”

Sasuke shook the sleeping girl as she stirred in her sleep. Obviously she was having a nightmare... a bad one.

“Wake up! Sakura!”

Sakura’s eyes snapped open, tears in the corner of both of them. Was that a dream? What was it trying to say to her?

“Are you ok?” Sasuke surprised himself for all of his concern for her.

She didn’t say anything, those words were racing through her head, giving her a massive headache.

“S-so your saying.. Give up on you?”

“…Yes.”


She shook her head quickly, shaking those thoughts out of her mind for the moment and whipped the tears away.

“I’m alright.” She muttered and again, her stomach growled, but a lot louder this time.

Sasuke looked around the room, hoping there would magically be food somewhere and anywhere. He didn’t find any food, but heard a faint clicking noise, and automatically knew what that way.

Kabuto walked in, his glasses hiding his eyes and a smirk on his face.

Sasuke glared at him, not because he was a bastard, but because there was no food with him at all.

“You said you would bring food. Where is it?!” Sasuke snapped, taking a glance at Sakura, who had her knees pulled up to her chest, and her arms hugging them tightly against her.

“Yeah, there’s a funny story about that. I don’t need her anymore. So she can just die for all I care.” He pushed up his falling glasses. Two gasps were heard and he automatically knew he was satisfied.

“Oh, no you won’t!” Sasuke hissed, punching Kabuto in the side of his cheek.

“What the...” Kabuto fell to the ground and held his cheek in pain. ‘Where did this boy get that much chalkra, didn’t I take all of it?” Kabuto’s gaze came upon a fragile girl, sitting in the corner of the room. ‘Of course, I didn’t take all of that girls chalkra for obvious reasons. She must have given the Uchiha the last of her chalkra."

“You know Sasuke, I was going to take over your body, but first I will get rid of your little friend first!” Kabuto reaches in his pocket and pulls out a small control-like thing. He grins evilly and turns the knob on full blast.

“AHHH!” Sakura screams as the electricity jolts up her arm like daggers. She slams her arm against the hard wall, hoping for it to shatter, but to no avail. She falls to the ground, tears falling down her smooth cheeks, occasionally letting out a scream or shriek now and again. ‘Why won’t it stop! It hurts...’

“Sakura!” Sasuke yells, but didn’t go after her, knowing he must get the source of the attack. He plows into Kabuto, trying to reach for the device, but he kept getting pushed away.

“Now Sasuke. You should know that for me to take over your body, I mustn’t hurt it.” He shakes his index finger like you would do to a little kid that has done something wrong.

Sasuke didn’t seem to hear what he said, and leaps into the air. Reaching into his weapon pouch, he grunts. Kabuto must have confiscated all of his weapons. Sasuke thinks fast and goes to kick him in the chin, but Kabuto dodged it just as it was about to hit him.

Sasuke cursed under his breath. He didn’t have enough chalkra to perform jutsu’s, the only thing he can do right now is taijutsu and dojustu.

Kabuto reared back his fist and sent it flying towards Sasuke’s face. He immediately ducked and kicked his foot out, trying to trip Kabuto. Unfortunately, he jumped and backed out of the way.

Sasuke could see in the corner of his eye that Sakura was still on the ground. He would hear a whimper from the poor girl. He had to act quickly, Sakura was just barley hanging onto life.

He wasn’t even paying attention when Kabuto punched him hard across the face, sending him flying backwards into the wall.

The Uchiha struggled to get up, his muscles tensed, he used up all the chalkra Sakura had given him.

Using all his remaining strength, he got on his two feet, and limped over to the chuckling Kabuto. Sasuke was about to attack again, but seen a faint shadow behind him. ‘Sakura... how is she standing in that condition?’ He thought, but she put her index finger up to her mouth, signaling him to be quiet, which he did.

Sakura slowly crept up on Kabuto, who was too focused on pitying the attempts of Sasuke to even notice her, wincing at every step she took, the pain was about to take it’s run its coarse on her. She used the last of her strength to kick the control right out of Kabuto’s hands, sending it flying to the floor.

Kabuto seen in the corner of his eye that it was that pink-haired nuisance, but he lunged at the control that was still sliding on the floor.

But it was stopped, not by Kabuto, but by Sasuke’s foot. With a smirk on his face, Sasuke slams his foot down on the control, crushing it into tiny pieces.

The bracelet on Sakura’s wrist started to malfunction, sparks started to fly out of it. Then it finally exploded.

Sakura signed in relief, the pain, its finally gone. Giving Sasuke a weak smile, she leans on the wall and slides down it, knowing she has absolutely no energy left whatsoever. Sasuke’s heart settled, knowing Sakura is out a danger.

Kabuto let out a growl of some sort, which caused both ninja’s attention fairly quickly. His body began to mutate into his demand form again.

Sakura let out a gasp, seeing those piercing red eyes of his. She watched as his form became much bigger and a lot more muscle.

It’s voice was just as deep and terrifying. “I was going to take over your body Sasuke, but now I just want you dead!” Kabuto raps both his hands around Sasuke’s neck and holds him up against the wall. Sasuke let out a gasp and his feet were flailing frantically.

He grabbed Kabuto’s hands and tried to pry them off him, but he was way too strong for Sasuke.

Sakura watched in horror and she heard bones crush from the Uchiha boy she cared so much about. “Stop... stop... STOP!” Sakura screams with new tears forming around her eyes as she sat up, now standing.

Kabuto turns to face her, amused at how much courage she has to tell him that. ‘This could be fun.’ He let go of Sasuke, which he slid to the ground with a thump, and started sauntering over to the cowering girl.

Her legs started to shake and she was about to collapse from underneath her. She bit her lip and tried to put on the meanest face as possible.

“You hold back your true strength when I’m around”

Her eyes began to water.

“You were perfectly fine while I was with Orochimaru,”

Her gaze settled on the ground.

“But the second I returned, you fell apart again.”

‘No... no... NO, NO, NO!’ Sakura’s once terrified eyes were replaced with rage and her hand started to glow a light green.

‘She can’t possibly still have chalkra left, does she?’ Kabuto though as he stopped walking, merely feet away from her.

She grunted loudly and trusted her hand at the ground, causing it to shatter like glass.

Kabuto struggled to keep his balance, not focusing on whats going on around him. Sasuke watched in amazment. ‘She really did surpass the Hokage.’

‘I still have one weapon left.’ Sakura thought. She jumps in the air with a kunai firmly in hand. She trusted both of her knees into Kabuto’s face, shattering his glasses in the process. Then jamming her feet into his stomach. Last, she jabs the kunai into the most sensitive part on Kabuto’s back.

Both keel over and collapse on the ground.

“Sakura!” Sasuke yells, running to her aid. He sets her upright in his arms so she can breath easily. She opens one eye to a smiling Sasuke... wait! Smiling. Is that possible? Sakura smiled weakly in return.

“Where did you get that extra chalkra?” Sasuke seemed amazed.

“I honestly... don’t know.” Sakura’s voice was very exhausted

What happens next startles both of them. They lean in, and kiss. Not a dramatic, demanding one like at the party. But a gentle, caring, compassionate kiss. Sakura snaked her arms around his neck while he held her hips as gently as possible.

But their kiss was cut short when what they both feared came back to haunt them. Kabuto gets up on his own two feet, now back to his human form, and has a dagger in one of his hands.

“Your both DEAD!” He starts running towards the couple. They didn’t have enough chalkra to even move, let alone dodge an attack.

Sakura let out a shriek and Sasuke held her protectively as they both closed their eyes, awaiting the eternal darkness to come. But it didn’t.

They both opened one eye to see Kabuto drop the dagger and fell forward inbetween the two. Surprisingly, he had a Dai Shuriken jabbed in his back.

Sasuke and Sakura looked up and smirked. There, standing where Kabuto was standing, was Naruto. With that stupid grin on his stupid face, at the stupidest time.

“So, did I miss anything?” Naruto sarcastically said, rubbing the back of his head. Hinata comes in behind him and kneels down next to the injured couple.

“Are you two alright?” Hinata checked over all the injuries they had.

“Just perfect.” Sakura smiled sweetly at Sasuke, and he returned it with another one of his kisses.

“Woah!” Naruto gawked.

After Hinata cleans them up, just enough to make it back to the village, she and Naruto left them alone once again.

“Sasuke?” Sakura asked with her hands behind he back.

“Hn?” He turned to face her.

“I love you.” She hugged the Uchiha so tightly.

“...I love you too.” That surprised him. But what wasn’t surprising, is that they shared another kiss together, as an official couple.

You know, a lot has happened within the past month. People wish upon shooting stars that their one true love will find them. But dreams do come true in the oddest times. And love blooms, even when the stars don’t shine.


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


WAAAAAAAAA!!! It's finally over!! *sniff sniff* reviews and thanks are the next chapter. R&R PLEASE!!!!! *sniff sniff, goes and crys on my bed*

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kwazi on January 19, 2008, 12:59:13 PM

Kwazi on
Kwaziomg!!
your story is so great!!!!!!!
it's so beautiful!!!!!
it made me cry!
but you did great!!
it's awesome!!!

Symphoniaprincess101 on October 12, 2007, 11:52:50 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101no matter how many times you read this it still gets to you^^

Hayley864 on August 19, 2007, 10:42:01 AM

Hayley864 on
Hayley864baaa. that was awesome!

AlleyCat17 on July 22, 2007, 11:50:45 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17there i read the story again and it is still is as awesome as the first time i read it.

hornetthehedgehog on June 20, 2007, 3:19:29 AM

hornetthehedgehog on
hornetthehedgehogthats was totaly wicked!! i have just finnished it and omg thats the best story i have ever read mega cool faves

Symphoniaprincess101 on June 11, 2007, 10:35:43 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101TT^__^TT CUTE!!!!!!

pizza24 on June 11, 2007, 9:25:40 AM

pizza24 on
pizza24*CRIES*THAT WAS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME THE BEST STORY IV READ IN A LONG TIME^^the ending was wonderfully romantic♥

kagome99 on June 11, 2007, 8:57:44 AM

kagome99 on
kagome99AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT WAS A PERFECT ENDING!!!!!!!!!I WAS REALLY STARTING TO TEAR UP OVER THAT!!!!!!!SUCH A GREAT STORY!!!!!!I'LL MISS THIS STORY!!!!I LUV IT!!!!!!!!
~Crazii

vesblondie on June 11, 2007, 6:39:20 AM

vesblondie on
vesblondieOMG! IT'S OVER! Oo' Man...I loved this! Beautiful ending :] So cute! (sorry.I read the tanks befor the ending ^^') *hits myself* NYA! THIS WAS SOOOO AWESOME!

AlleyCat17 on June 11, 2007, 5:58:52 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17*SNIFF SNIFF* OMG THAT WAS THE BEST STORY I HAVE EVER READ I JUSTED LOVED IT SO MUCH AND IM GOING TO MISS READING THIS STORY.WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
*GO'S OF TO CRY EVEN MORE*