Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - prologue

This is a story I wrote some time ago... It takes elements of my favourite stories and creates a new story with it... Its not complete but I will try to add more as ideas come to me... so if you have ideas that could add to my story please let me kno

Chapter 1 - prologue

Chapter 1 - prologue


Prologue





Night was falling over the great castle of King Thenedar. The followers of the Sun King had left their stations after a long day of work and were heading back to the kingdom of Solaris as the workers of the moon began working on the stars, lighting them up for another beautiful starry night. But this night, the stars had refused to shine their usual strength and the night was dark, mourning some great catastrophe. The only light to be seen were the shooting stars, tears coming from the moon who, like many members of the elements, were grieving the loss of the royal family of Legend. Over the night she wept and her tears fell, light jewels in the Ocean, where Legend once stood. For every inhabitants lost, she wept. When her tears hit the ground they changed to moonstones. That is why we can still find them today.



The land below was quiet as the grave. Walking silently, the remaining children of the Earth, dwarves, gnomes, rock people tried to rid their mother of all the blood shed over the years. Like the moon, she wept as she opened herself to receive the bodies of creatures and men from the kingdom of the elements or otherwise. Her children now and forever.



The night was well underway when, on the battlefield, appeared a strange creature. Quietly it made its way through the many corpses lying around. Looking at each decaying face, he walked, silencing his pain and his shame of surviving such an ordeal. He walked for a long time until he saw a glimpse of light emanating from what seemed to be a small mountain. Approaching it, he saw that it was, in fact, the decaying body of a great dragon. Lying near it was the corpse of a man. He wore a battle armour representing a dragon and a fairy. A great sword representing two intertwined dragons emanated from his chest.



The creature fell down near the body and began to sob, releasing the many years of suffering and imprisonment he had endured.



-Alas, said he, “I have come too late, my lord! I failed to protect your life and that of your kin. I failed to protect Legend.” Quietly stroking the man's remaining hair, he saw that man no longer wore the pendant of Legend. He looked around, still the pendant was nowhere to be found.



From far away he heard the cruel laugh of his jailer. He got up and cried out to the Wind:

“I will find you. I will make you pay”. But only the echo responded. Releasing the sword from his bodily sheath, he placed it in his empty scabbard and, taking a last glimpse behind him, he began to walk towards the moon and the palace of the sky.
























Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment