Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - attack on the village

This is a story I wrote some time ago... It takes elements of my favourite stories and creates a new story with it... Its not complete but I will try to add more as ideas come to me... so if you have ideas that could add to my story please let me kno

Chapter 3 - attack on the village

Chapter 3 - attack on the village


2

Far from the village, a dark man cloaked in a long battle cape was watching the carnage and desolation produced by the dogs. Mounted on a black stallion, the man was pondering as what village to destroy if this was not the one whom hidded the child he had so long sought. His name was Captain Valor Strife. When his men, looked at him, they could see that he was not a man to take lightly. Strife was one of those men who carry a mission to its end, even if it took him all his life. He was a tall, broad man, with long grey hair, attached in a long braid. His face was the one of man who is not afraid to destroy anyone or anything that stand in his way. The reason that his soldiers did not mess with him was the fact that he had a piercing glare in his right eye. The left one was closed because of a long scar that went from the forehead to his cheek. He looked like one of those knights who forgot their honour to follow the ways of the mercenaries. For some years now, he had been ordered by his master, to seek a child whom, he said could bring his destruction. The child he said was one of the last member of an important family. HE was to find the child and bring him back to his master dead or alive...dead preferably.

******



As the dark hounds began their attacks in the villagers home, Korran quickly ducked under a cart full of hay. “Who are those guys and what do they want? did he ask himself. He suddenly felt a reassuring presence by his side. As he looked around he saw two big blue eyes looking at him from a near lump of hay. There was no doubt about it: Orion had followed him to the village this morning. Normally, Korran would have scolded the young dragon for his disobedience, but not now.
[ulist]
Orion, boy am I glad to see you!
[/ulist]


In his head he suddenly heard the soft voice of his friend:
[ulist]
Hush, young master ,something is very wrong here.I am glad I have found you, we must get away from here...
[/ulist]

[ulist]
I won't go away, I must help my aunt, she needs me
[/ulist]

[ulist]
Young Master you must get away to somewhere safe. How will you help your aunt if you are hurt?
[/ulist]

[ulist]
I don't care she's all I've got left besides you…
[/ulist]


The young dragon snuffed as if he was angry at something, but calmly he continued:


[ulist]
We are One you an I. I will always be there for you, you know that…. But if something happens to you, I will never forgive myself. Your aunt knows it, she told me, so I …
[/ulist]


Suddenly he stopped and lifting up his head to the sky, his eyes changing colours and became yellow, a colour Korran had never seen in the eyes of his friend.
[ulist]
Orion, what is wrong?
[/ulist]
Ignoring his friends question, The dragon began sniffing the air


[ulist]
Something is wrong,… evil creatures...”He then covered his nose, groaning: “Oh! what a stench!”
[/ulist]


Puzzled Korran sniffed the air. There was a strong smell of burning wood mixed with the stench of burning flesh, like some meat that had burned in a cooking pit. The odour was poignant and made Korran a little sick. Stirring through the hay , he made his way to his friend seeking for comfort.


[ulist]
“No, Do not Move!” was Orion response as his master approached him.
[/ulist]


But the reply came to late. At that moment an fiery arrow made his way to the top of the cart, soon followed by two others. The hay began flaming as Korran rushed to Orion trying to escape the fire that slowly began burning its way through the rushes of hay. Trying not to panic, Korran, coughing and gasping for air, reached his friend who's eyes were now full of anguish and fright. The fire was becoming dangerously hot and the boy was wheezing. He touched his dragon medallion, praying for a miracle to happen. For no apparent reason he began chanting the Fire song used by children to thank the fire element for his aid around the house:





Fire that burns bright,

Fire that burns high,

I thank thee for thy help.

You cook the food,

You warm us good.

You give us light,

That makes night bright.

Fire my friend, help me!

Please just don't burn me!





“A little silly”, Korran thought, “for I will surely die in it”. Then curiously, as if it understood the boy's plea, the fire became less aggressive and less hot. Before falling in unconsciousness, Korran saw curious creatures looking at him from the still burning hay. Recognising the pendant, one of them ,a young fire fairy signalled to her fairy-sisters and the other creatures: the red and orange fire salamanders, to the fire dancing pixies dressed in flashing tones of yellow, orange, red, to the little phoenixes and other creatures to quiet down. Soon, the fire died down and, as the creatures turned toward him, respectfully bowed and disappeared, the young boy fainted.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment