Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Nadira receives news

This is a story I wrote some time ago... It takes elements of my favourite stories and creates a new story with it... Its not complete but I will try to add more as ideas come to me... so if you have ideas that could add to my story please let me kno

Chapter 4 - Nadira receives news

Chapter 4 - Nadira receives news


Queen Nadira awoke from slumber as the smell of the burning village came to her. It was a strong smell. She was quickly aware that a young servant maid was standing by and calling out to her:



-Milady, there are people to see you, they say it is important.



Nadira left her room and made her way to the throne room. In the chamber decorated with small jewels and illuminated by the fire of small insects, she found the many different house spirits from the village, brownies, dwarves, domovois, spae wives, waiting anxiously for her. The brownies and domovois all chattered anxiously, the dwarves asked to fight, the spae wives sang thrillingly. It took a while for the queen to untangle all the questions of the house spirits. From what she caught, it seemed that giant beasts and armed men had made there way in the village, this morning, and using there weapons, had broken into houses, searching for something.



As the turmoil continued, the queen cried out for silence. This was grave news indeed. Many reports were coming from other parts of the land about this and the queen could only stand and watch. After long minutes of silence, the queen stood up and called up her messengers. Five creatures representing the five races of fairy helpers appeared near her. “ Go through the lands and tell the others of this. Tell the others to be on their guards for intruders. The time is soon at hand where the child will appear to lead the people. “



A Dwarf stood up: “Rubbish!” did he cry, “the child was prophesied ages ago. Legend believed in this and it is no more, you all know that! Then why should we wait for a miracle? People believe us to be stories, that is what I think this child to be: no more then a story.



A number of voice became murmuring between them, exclaiming their surprise at the young dwarf's daring. Then the queen stood up. And looking deep in the eyes of the dwarf, she read his heart.


[ulist]
“Long have you suffered, Olric Roughbeard to the care of a bad family. Your faith has webbed away and it is your despair that now speaks those words. But I say: the child is real and will come to this place soon”… Then turning to the others she told them what she knew of the child.
[/ulist]


As she was speaking, young fairies arrived in the room accompanied by their friends. They seemed excited about something, for their amber eyes were gleaming with delight. They chattered wildly and arriving in front the queen, one of the sisters made a sign to the others insisting they calmed down. Then turning to the queen, she bowed low, and saluted her:



-May your beauty and grace never fade, Queen Nadira. I am Fiera, kin of the fire king, at your service. These are my sisters Amber, Blaze, and Flare. We bare news concerning the child, as was bidden by our kin and your Grace. We met the Child and his half, though we could not do much to help…



At these words, the crowd gasped and exclaimed itself. It took quite a few minutes for the crowd to calm down. By that time Fiera had told the queen the entire story: A few hours ago, men attacked a village not far from here. As they used fire, my kind appeared. Hungry, we followed some arrows that landed in a cart of hay. As we devoured the hay, we heard the coughing of a child trapped under it. He was quickly fading, and, through his wheezing he beckoned us, not to burn him. My companions took no heed of this child of men, but around his neck he wore a pendant. It is how we knew him.



At these words: the Queen was taken ill, and was taken away to her room, while in the council debated what to do.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment