Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - A view of the past

This is a story I wrote some time ago... It takes elements of my favourite stories and creates a new story with it... Its not complete but I will try to add more as ideas come to me... so if you have ideas that could add to my story please let me kno

Chapter 7 - A view of the past

Chapter 7 - A view of the past
Child of Legend

By Melissa Busque


The potion began to take effect and Korran slowly fell asleep. For a time it seemed that darkness was all around him. He called out for Orion but no longer felt the dragons reassuring presence. Then sound came back and he heard a woman crying out in pain. Around him he heard women encouraging her to push. The vision came back to him and he saw that he was in the apartments of a noble, maybe the apartment of a queen. He then heard the first cry of the newborn. Nearby a servant was examining the baby. When she turned to face the queen, he saw that she was holding a bundle of gold and red drapes from which a babys little arm came out.

The wizard had told him to be silent.



Its a boy, your ladyship!

Nira looked around her as she heard the cry of the new-born. A boy! A beautiful little prince! Nira thanked the heavens for giving her this beautiful gift and answering her prayers. An heir for the land, and what a king he would be. This awaited child was everything she had wished for and even more.For a long while she prayed the ancestors and the departed beast for a chance to be mother. And now, not far away from her bed, she heard the cry diminished as her ladies in waiting examined the new-born and took care of him.the sound died away and soon after her half, the fairy Kay, appeared quietly beside the bed carrying a bundle of clothes from which she saw a tiny arm looking for something to grab. Nira slowly sat up and in an instant, she felt her new-born son reach for her. As she gave him her finger to take, she began to cry of joy. What a beautiful boy. His skin was pale as the moon, and the little hairs revealed that the child would have blond hair turning white just like his father. Ignoring the reason of his mothers crying the baby yawned and went to sleep after this moving trip. Then fatigue took Nira and, after handing the baby back to Kay, she lay down and, exhausted from the work of childbirth , fell into a deep sleep.
Korran approached the bed and admired the sleeping lady. She had beautiful long red hair, the colour of dawn. She was slender and her face was flawless, almost glowing with the first rays of the sun. He stood near the bed. Then he heard some singing and saw that a fairy was singing a lullaby. It seemed familiar to him somehow. He wanted to go to her but retreated to a corner as he heard steps approaching the door.

As she slept, Kay took the baby and began feeding it ambrosia, to assure his long life as any elf baby received at birth. As the baby drank, the door near by opened to reveal the baron Falcon Mist. The lord looked pale and nervous, in spite of his strong will and body, almost as if he was expecting the worse. What he saw brought tears to his eyes. In the bed asleep, looking peaceful, slept the love of his life, his queen, with a smile on her face. Near her sat her half Kay, softly singing in the high tongue of elves, looking down on an infant. The baron slowly approached the bed and kneeled down, taking infinite care not to disturb Nira. As if she understood the turmoil of emotions he felt, Kay slowly rose and with infinite care, gave the baby to him. He took the tiny infant and sat on the bed near his lovely wife. Cradling the child in his strong arms, he laughed and wept tears of joy as looked at his newborn sons wrinkled face. Outside the window, his dragons half was emitting a small light as if he was reacting to the emotions of Falcon. The child moved in his sleep and a moment later, opened his eyes, revealing deep pools of blue water. Blind, the child spread his little arms wide, trying to reach for his fathers face. Seeing this, his father took the little ones hand and carefully guided it to his cheek.
Korran also came near the bed and for a while looked down on those two beings. Dracius had told him about this strong man. Seeing him holding the baby he saw that this man was not as cold as people said. His heart pinched as he saw the love in this mans face. He then saw the woman in the bed stir.

It was in this moment that Nira awoke to find the two persons she loved the most together. As she looked at him, she saw he was beaming; a rare sight in this strong man, out of long battles. Her heart softened as she looked at them. There was this strong prince of Legend guiding the hand of his new-born son. She let out a sigh. Suddenly the Barons head turned and seeing that his wife had awaken, he approached and, giving the baby to her, he leaned and kissed her forehead. Demanding the attention that was his due, the infant let out a cry of hunger, which made both parents laugh. The young prince would live a plentiful life and plans would be made to guarantee him a beautiful future.
Korran prepared to leave the room. As he was invisible, he easily passed through the wall. Looking around the hallway he saw a figure approach the door and crouch in front of the door to see what was going on in the room.


Looking through the keyhole of the room, another figure was smiling, a cruel cold smile. The news was good, very good indeed. His patron would pay him well for this information. He had finally found the weakness of the son of the Wind King. Suddenly feeling someone approaching the room, he became metamorphosing. His small crooked legs became long and elegant, his chubby body changed to the slim waste of a maid, his grey hair became a long braid of brown hair and his wrinkled face changed to the graceful features of Vynia, one of the lady servants. The visitor approached the corner as Vynia finished arranging her clothes. Luckily he did for Lord Falcons bodyguard suddenly approached. Bowing to him, Vynia quickly marched away as the bodyguard approached the Ladys chamber and with a couple of knocks on the door, gained entrance to the room. Turning the corner, Vynia struggled not to laugh& That oaf might be good at protecting but what a poor eye sight! she thought. Then gracefully running away, Vinya made her way to the stables and there she changed back to a little crooked figure dressed in a long grey cloak. Taking a small pony he rode away to tell his master the news.
Seeing this transformation, Korran gasped in surprise. For a while he followed the maid and when he saw her transform back and leave, he returned to the room. A new character was standing near the bed. He seemed familiar to Korran. As he came near the creature, he saw that it was none other than Dracius. He looked younger his hair were pale brown and his face although serious, did not have the sad look he remembered seeing in the centaurs face.


The Baron and his lady were still deep in admiration of their newborn son when Dracius entered the room. Bowing low, the bodyguard awaited for the Barons attention. After some times, the Baron looked up and noticed his bodyguard.
Ah! Dracius, Come, come and see.

As the bodyguard moved closer, a queer expression appeared on his face as if he was worried about something. None of the less, obeying his Master he approached the crib where the baby was lying. What he saw was a tiny child asleep in a bundle of clothes of gold and red. Taking his hand to a pocket at his belt, Dracius drew out a small pendant hanging from a golden chain, that he then put around the infants neck. Wondering what his trusted servant was doing, the Baron approached and looking down at the boy, he saw the tiny round pendant bearing the shape of a dragon. Then smiling, he reached for the inside of his shirt and drew out another pendant similar to the one his son was wearing. On this one, the dragon was enrolled around a sword as if he was carrying it. As if he knew the pendant was taken out, Dorg gave a great cry from his cavern and flew to the roof near the ladys balcony. Then shouts began as the people of Legend realised that their new prince was finally here. Great cheers erupted from the crowd as Dorg announced the news to all the mystical halves of the Land.
Korran brought his hand to touch the pendant that lay around his neck. It looked identical to the one Dracius had put around the babys neck. Except this dragon was on top of the sword and it was not as round as the other ones. But then he remembered Draciuss telling him that the pendant would change as he grew up. An few seconds after, he felt the wind bearing him away and he found himself outside the castle looking at the balcony where the couple would appear.



The Baron soon appeared on the balcony bearing the newborn child to show him the land that would be his heritage. Nira held by Kay followed behind, looking at them. Although she looked exhausted from labour, her beauty was only increased by it. In her gown of silk, she looked radiant and a glow seemed to come from her, or above her, from the sun. Shouts began to erupt from the crowd below like a great wave produced by the horses of the King of the sea:  Hurrah, hurrah for the Baron! Long live the heirs of Legend& Long live lady Nira! Hurrah Hurrah! Tears of joy glistened on Niras cheeks at this sight.
For a moment, tears glistened on his cheeks as well. As he touched them he realised that her tears mingled with his loneliness, as if they made one source. As he approached to touch her, the events began to go faster and he could only watch.

***
It was decided that the boys would be Sollan after the name of Niras homeland Solaris, the kingdom of the sun. Thus the name suited him well, for the boy soon developed hairs that were the colour of the zenith sun, a bright yellow that turned to white at nightfall. His eyes were changing colour, going from a soft green to steel blue, depending on his mood. From his mother, he also inherited the beauty of the angels and the love of music.
Soon after the birth of the child, the search for the child half began. Ambassadors where sent to all the kingdoms and through the lands to find the creature that would share the life of the heir of Legend. Invitations began pouring out to the many Lords and nobles and the preparation for the bondage celebration began. The Elements were invited to bless this child and to give him presents. Many gifts were brought forward but the greatest gift came from Nira and Falcons parents. Soon after Sollans birth, a golden sack brought by two dragons, a Sun Dragon and a Sky Crystal Dragon, arrived at the palace. The package, once opened, revealed a rainbow egg the size of a small boulder. Attached to it was a note indicating the provenance of the gift:
A child was Born from Sun and Wind
With much beauty and strength of mind
To you this gift is made O child
To share your life for quite a while
When rain and sun combine thys said
A rainbow dragon shall be made
So this egg contains your half
a gift, O child, on our behalf.

When he saw the egg, Korran realised that this young one would be the happiest creature around. He would live in a beautiful land with a wonderful family and would bring the baby great comfort. And yet as he looked at the egg, he felt he had seen it before. As the egg was placed in a nest he retired, confused.


To protect it, the egg was placed in the care of dragons to be kept warm until the Bonding ceremony under the protective eye of Falcons half , the dragon Dorg and Unea, the nurse of Dragons. This would be a day to remember.
Korran heard Pages voice in his head: we come to it at last&The last days of Legend&Then Korran felt the world moving and the floor crumble. He felt himself falling and quickly landed in the anti chamber of the Baron.

**************************

Preparations were well under way when the Baron began to notice some strange occurrences in the kingdom and its environment. First of all was his trusted friend Dracius who seemed to be less and less visible in the castle and more absent-minded. The Baron first thought he was worried about something as was his habit in protecting him, but he soon noticed that he became more and more cold to the man he had sworn to protect. A thought came to his mind: Could it be, was it possible that Dracius was&then he shook his head as if to negate sucha ridiculous thought: no impossible he thought& Jealous of the baby? What a silly notion! he thought and yet there was something in his friends mood that might indicate otherwise.
Korran also realised that something wrong with Dracius. He was not the same. He was cold and there was something in him that made him wonder. He then remembered the strange creature he had seen standing near the ladys room. He had changed in a maid, could he changed in some other creature? Looking back on the Baron, he turned around and as he was leaving the room, he heard the strange reports.


For some time now, the Baron received reports of a strange group of rogue creatures and people who entered towns and destroyed everything that was on their way. Some of the creatures resembled the great Hell dog himself, but in many examples. They bit and killed with their venomous teeth any people in their way. Misshapen creatures attacked the villagers and left desolation after they had gone. One report troubled him more then anything.
A young man from the survivors of Frowil village gave a precise description of one of his attackers: He was tall with long brown hair and on his back he had a sword bearing the symbol of Legend. He wore nothing on his upper body but his lower body was not that of a man but the legs of an animal. He had piercing eyes and he laughed like a mad man as he attacked my father. Then he ordered his troops of creature to destroy the entire village. Many villagers from other attacked town gave the same speech and description. And they also said that the creature had given orders to his troops to continue burning everything until they had found where the hatching grounds were hidden and Legend destroyed. As much as he hated to admit it, The Baron had discovered that the mysterious leader was no other than his faithful Dracius and after finding him drunk in the cellars the Baron had no choice then to pronounce judgement.


Leaving the room, Korran began running in the castle. He had to find Dracius before the baron made a very big mistake. But the problem remained: where to look? He then heard a woman scream. A few guards approached and looked in the cellar. There lied Dracius. He was gaunt and looked as if he was under a spell. Behind him, he felt the Baron approach and tell the guard to wake him and bring him the audience room. He could do nothing to save him and was forced to watch as he was judged.


Dracius was splashed with water and escorted to the main audience room where Falcon passed judgement on the evildoers of his land. The Baron .sat in his chair, looking gravely at him. He wore a dark blue tunic and on his forehead rested a circlet of gold with in its centre a shield representing a hissing dragon. Dracius knew from these clothes that the Baron was to pass judgement on some grave matters. Seeing himself surrounded, he understood that he was the one being judged. Looking around not understanding, Dracius learned his faith.
Grave reports came to me, Dracius, about things happening over the land. But one thing, one report came to me that gravely disturbed me. Can you guess what it was?
My lord, answered the Bodyguard, I have no idea what you are referring to. I have always been your faithful servant. I am yours to command as was my seer before me&
Quiet! Dracius, ordered the Baron in a voice that tolerated no excuses, I have received many reports of people who described you destroying their lands&
At this Korran almost cried out: Its not him! You have the wrong person. But the warning from wizard came back to his mind and torn between his desire to save his friend and obey the wizard, he continued to watch helplessly as his friend tried to explain.

At this the bodyguard tried to speak but was interrupted by the Barons hand.
- Although I do not think you did such a thing, I am relieving you of your duties for a while and letting you go back to your family. You are suspended for the time and I will call you back to my service when those reports have calmed down. You are to depart at sundown. I do not like to be parted from you but you leave me no other choice.
Seeing that it was useless to debate the matter once the Baron had spoken, Dracius bowed and exited the room. As he was leaving, he heard the Baron called: Dracius&
Turning back to the Baron, Dracius replied hopefully: My Lord?
-I will require your sword back. Give it to the smith before leaving.
Disappointment showed on Dracius face as he turned back. As you wish my Lord. Then escorted by the guards he trained, Dracius went back to his room and began packing.
Watching the centaur leave, Korran felt defeated. It was so unfair. He then turned to the Baron, and as he watched him leave the room, he saw that he was grim. When the door of the chamber closed, Korran fell on his knee and looking at the ceiling , he cried out: Why? Why must I see this? What do you want from me? But only the silence responded. Soon the wizards voice resounded in the room: You must learn what befell Legend before I send you on your way. I warned you to keep silent. Now you have disobeyed. I wanted you to see all that happened but you leave me no other choice then to send you directly to the end of Legend, at the end of this day. Korran hurried out of the room and easily found Draciuss room.


Rumours of Dracius departing spread like wildfire through the castle. People were debating the news and many decided to ignore it. The people who were most happy of this were the survivors of the small villages. As the day passed, many people came to see Dracius to see if the rumour was true. The evening was coming as Dracius picked his bag and headed for the gates of the city. As he was walking, a voice interrupted his thoughts of revenge. -Dracius?
Korran followed closely behind. He wanted to see him. When he heard the lady, he turned to see her standing with her fairy and the baby. He hid in the shadow, waiting to see what happened next.

Returning he saw Nira and Kay coming towards him. How beautiful Nira looked. Her hair had taken the auburn hue of the setting sun. Her eyes clearly showed concern for the man who had protected her husband so long. She was dressed in a long robe of lilac colour. Behind her came Kay holding Sollan. The baby was asleep. Looking down in kindness, the bodyguard silently asked to take the baby one last time. Nira and Kay acknowledged and Kay handed Sollan. As he took the baby, Dracius looked grim. How long would this exile last? he wondered. As if she read his mind, Kay acknowledged the concern on the centaurs face.
I dread the idea of seeing you go, my friend, Kay replied,  but fear not, exile will not last. Until we meet again.
I also hate to see you go, answered Nira, but fear not, you will soon return. We will miss you greatly. Please to not bear my husband ill will. He cares much for you, as much Sollan does to us.
The named startled Korran. Was that not the name Dracius called him? The name of the baby. His name! Waves of understanding began to unfurl on him. This was his home. He wanted to run to the lady, but was stopped by an invisble wall. The wizards voice echoed:. You now know the truth about your past but knowledge is not enough, you must see how Legend fell.

The baby opened his eyes and smiled at him. Seizing a finger of his right hand, the baby looked at this man as if saving this mans face in his memory. Looking in those blue eyes, Dracius hoped he would return one day to see them all again. Then seeing that the sun was setting, he regretfully broke the babys grasp and gave the baby back to Nira. Before he left, he fell Niras hand on his shoulder As a token of our friendship, I give you this. Then Dracius felt a chain settle around his neck. Looking down at his chest he saw a pendant representing the sun. Turning around he looked at her. And as if he was engraving their faces in his memory, he left the Palace. From the top of the tower, a black form waved a Flag and gave the signal&
Korran saw the pendant change hands. He reached for his pouch and found the same pendant. Then he heard a strange bird singing and saw the flag. He had to help him. But as he tried to move he found himself unable to. He cried to the wizard to let him go then felt himself go numb. He heard the evil coarse voice again, the darkness he felt since the death of Dracius, whispering in his ear: Watch and see the End of your Land and your precious friends fate.


Dracius continued his way, passing through the silent city, acknowledged by few peasants going home until he arrived at the forest gates. The gates were made of intertwined branches protecting both town and forest from surprise attacks. Before passing the gate he glanced back. Then, taking one last good look at the castle of Legend, he turned and continued his way. It was not long before he felt a presence behind him. Hoping it would be his enemy; he turned around ready to attack his follower. What he saw was not the enemy he had expected or imagined but The Lord Chancellor Ivan, and his escort. As usual, the Chancellor was dressed in his official robe of emissary and chancellor. Seeing such a guest in these parts, Dracius bowed in respect. The chancellor looked at him with what looked like a smirk or a half smile.
Good evening Dracius! Where might you be going at this time of night?
I am going back home to my family, Lord Chancellor. But pray tell: What might be doing here at such a dangerous hour? Evil beasts are said to be lurking around Legend. It is not a safe time to travel.

The Chancellor smiled looking amused: Always the protector, I see. But if I am here, it is because I have heard some strange reports about attacks in villages near to Legend. What surprised and alarmed me is that you Dracius, would commit such horrible acts&
I am innocent. replied Dracius not liking where the conversation was going.
Of course, I doubt it was you& no it could not have been you. But I had to see. And from the looks of it, it seems some of it was true for you are leaving Legend. In that case, I have a proposition for you.
Dracius looked suspicious: What kind of proposition exactly?
My army needs a captain of your skills and aptitudes to battle against the enemy, in battle. And since The Baron has no more use for you, someone with inside information on Legend would be most helpful.
Dracius listened to the conversation and the offer but at the moment he heard the chancellor talk of Legend, a thought came to his head. Why would one so powerful as the Chancellor need inside information of the land The Great King was allied with? And how did the Chancellor know he was leaving Legend? Unless&
An idea came to Draciuss mind. A notion he needed to test. Turning to the Chancellor he saw that his escort had made a circle around him and the chancellor cutting all way to escape except for a small space behind the chancellor. Then making up his decision, he faced Ivan.
My lord Chancellor, although your proposition seems interesting, I must decline it. True, Lord Mist let me out of his service, but like my sire before him, I am and will stay his humble servant. Also my lord, the land is at peace, and no enemy was cited. What need would you have of me? I must decline.
This said, Dracius picked up his bag and after bowing to the Chancellor, he made his way out the circle, as he passed the Chancellor, he heard him says: Are you sure I cannot convince you otherwise?
Continuing his way he replied: My heart and conscience are my guides. I must decline.
He had only made a few steps when felt a tiny needle prick his neck. Feeling the narcotic taking effect, Dracius was not aware of Ivans guards chaining him. Just before darkness claimed him, he heard the chancellor hiss in his ear: Wrong Answer. Then darkness came.
Korran heard the cold voice in his ear. One has gone, many more to go! Then the time accelerated.

*********************
The day of the Bonding was imminent as reports continued rushing in: troops of renegades and soldiers were attacking the villages surrounding Legend, destroying anything that stood in their way. Thus the number of homeless people and victims of these mysterious attackers increased rapidly. But there were no more reports of Dracius presence in these attacks. The bodyguard had disappeared and now a dark shadow was overseeing the attacks.
To help those family, part of the castle of Legend was transformed into shelters for the women and children who could not help in the battle. The men and soldiers were preparing their weapons and defences against an invisible enemy. The magical halves of the people sensed the battle and prepared in their own way. All the young ones and their humans were put in shelters in the dungeons. Messengers from distant land sent word of arriving troops and support to help defend the Land of Legend. Nira, her court and Sollan were sent into hiding to perform the Bonding Ceremony. The ceremony could not be delayed any longer, for the Child already showed the first signs of Tie fever, a sickness that appeared a few months after the birth of a child. The only known cure was to bond the child with a magical creature. Unfortunately, time was running out for young Sollan who was growing weaker as time passed.
Korran also felt weak. He felt drained. The voice whispered in his ear: Sleep, Sleep the eternal rest! Sleep forever, my little one. Let darkness take you. Slowly, Korrans eyes began to droop. The creature was about to give the final kiss when a strong voice was heard. Awake Korran, Orion awaits you, Awake! Korran awoke to find himself in the middle of a battle. Around him he saw, many creatures battling evil hounds similar to the ones he had seen in his own village. AS he looked towards the castle he saw that many creatures armed with a battle ram, were attempting to gain access to the city. He tried to help but since he could not be seen he could only watch as the carnage progressed. And yet&


No one had expected it, but the war for Legend had begun... Now,as troops entered the gates, the Baron hoped he would be able to hide his new born son Sollan. Looking around, The Baron saw mythical creatures were fighting Ivans dark troops: the black squadron and the dark hounds. What he didnt know is that each man of the squadron was worth two dragons and that the weapons were almost equal to the power of the elements. This strong combination was the result of an intertwinement of dark magic and years of experiments on both creatures and human slaves. Some of the poor creatures, now brainwashed by Ivan, had gone through a terrible ordeal for some of them no longer retained a discernible form and only fought in desperation.


Standing on a hill, Korran saw a group of riders overlooking the scene. One of them was wearing rich clothes and stood in the middle of this group. He seemed quite happy of his troops. Soon he saw him riding towards the Baron and in an instant, the baron was pined down.


Following closely behind was the Chancellor, surrounded by his hydra hounds, supervising his numerous troops. On his face was a grin of pure evil as he watched around triumphant as his goal was almost in his grasp. At this sight, the Baron understood the situation as a feeling of defeat was threatening to overcome him, but his pride soon took over as he glanced at his enemy. Suddenly, the baron felt as if a spear or dagger had entered his heart. He realised that his other half, the great dragon Dronag, lay wounded somewhere and that he would not be able to get to him in time. The chancellor advanced to contemplate the fall of his rival and the end of the line of The Mist of the land of Legend. As he gazed down on Falcon, his face became a mask of rage as he asked the Baron:
 Where is the child?, asked Ivan in a menacing voice.
To hell with you!, answered the Baron now gasping for air.
 Now, now, Baron,, said the chancellor in a mocking voice,  what would the king say if he heard you?
Probably the same thing than me, you devil! gasped the Baron
Ah! But what the king doesnt know cant hurt him, can it? sheepishly answered Ivan
You demon!, answered the Baron, he knows what you are&
Chancellor Ivan came down on his knee and, in a soft but enraged way, confessed in the Barons ear:
 He thinks he knows& The old fool! But when I am done, the king wont have Legend to protect him& will he? Ill just tell him that you tried to betray him& After all, my importance in the kingdom is well known and will have more influence.. And without Legend, the world is not complete& There is not much hope& And whom will the people turn to? Science&and me. Now! asked the chancellor menacingly, For the last time, where is the child ?
The Baron looked up to Ivan, a look of triumph on his face as a beam of light arose in the sky. The Baron knew then, that his sons future was assured, for the bonding between the magical creature and his son was complete.
Korran also saw the beam of light emerge from far away. Startled he looked down in his fathers face and saw that his father was laughing:

You are too late, Ivan, the bonding is made. Soon, my son will be out of your reach and the land of Legend will have a ray of hope and the king, a new ally. The future of this land is safe!
Ivans face became a mask of rage as he realised the meaning of the Barons words. As long as the creature lived, the child would live and he would not be able to control the land. A minor setback, easily taken care of he thought; for the child was but an infant and the creature an egg . I still have a chance of destroying the Myst family. Getting up, he looked as his main dark hound, a hydra-hound, with multiple heads, and commanded:
 Kill him and lets get that child!
As the chancellor left, one of the numerous heads of the Hydra-hound plunged at the Barons chest and, with his powerful jaws, extinguished the life of its victim like a wind blowing off a candle. Turning around , the chancellor picked up the Barons long runic double-edge sword, decorated with a dragon at his hilt in such a matter that it held the blade, symbol of the familys rank and honour, and approached the fallen monarch ready to strike if need be. As the hydra hound retired, Ivan heard:
 Long live the king& murmured the Baron, then his head fell back and he was still.
 Not for long& muttered the Chancellor. To be sure of his death, the Baron plunged the sword through its victim, ending whatever life was left in his rival.
Not far from there, the barons dragon let out a final cry then was no more.
Korran cried out in disbelief. No, father! Then seeing that there was no way to bring this great warrior back, he fell down and cried. He felt the ground shake. Then everything went black and he awoke, crying out the name of his father.


Standing by his bed was Alara and the wizard. She looked exhausted and sad as she understood what he went through. The wizard was frowning as he looked down on him. Korran could not decide if he was angry or just preoccupied. Then the wizard spoke: you have disobeyed me. Normally, I would have let you sleep forever with those memories for your actions. But I understand your turmoil and wish to help Legends rebirth. Looking sadly on both children, he continued: Legends people were like a family to me. Now all my children sleep, while I sadly look upon them, unable to awake them from their slumber.
Korran was startled by the wizards words. If what the man had said was true, he was a very old being and knew much. He approached the wizard and put his hand on the mans shoulder. he then saw the disappearance of Legend. Far from there, the four Elemental families, the Fairies, the Goblins and all the magical creatures began hurling, crying, screaming their pain as they all felt the end of the royal lineage of Legend.

Korran took his hands away and put his hands on his ears, trying to stop the many shouting he heard. After what seemed an eternity, the voices stopped. He turned to Alara, she did not seem to have heard all those voices. He then turned to the wizard. Quietly, the old man took out a scroll on which was written the beginning of a story. Approaching, he read: The ancient books tells of a great storm that engulfed the land of Legend with the promise of being reborn only if a warrior bearing the mark of Legend was brave and able enough to bring peace to it.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment