Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Flight

When Starfire is forced to leave Earth to go to war with Tamaran, Robin is heartbroken. Raven tries to comfort him, but her own emotions get in the way.

Contains some Robin x Starfire and Robin x Raven. Enjoy!

Chapter 2 - Flight

Chapter 2 - Flight


Hey wow! If you're here, you must've read my first chapter! And maybe even enjoyed it! I'm flattered. Oh well, here goes another disclaimer. I DO NOT own the Teen Titans. Or cornflakes.

Er…. Enjoy!



Chapter 2- Flight





The Titans awoke at a little after sunrise. It had been a restless night for all of them, especially Robin. Many thoughts were running through his mind.



What of the Teen Titans now?

Will we ever be the same?

Will I ever be the same?

Starfire, why must you leave us?

Why must you leave me?



Breakfast was silent. The teens all sat apart, wallowing in their misery. The bright, sunny morning seemed dull. Even their cornflakes, chock-full of sugar, seemed tasteless.



They had arranged to meet Tamaran's representative at seven `o' clock. Minutes dragged by for what seemed like hours. The rooftop would've been comfortably sunny to anyone else, but not in the Titan's position. Raven shivered and wrapped her cloak around herself. Starfire stared off into the distance. She anticipated the arrival of the representative. She turned around. Everyone looked sullen, except for Robin. He was expressionless. He looked up at her, and stared at her blankly. Poor Robin, she thought sadly. She motioned towards him. He stepped forward, but suddenly moved back, surprised. A gust wind blew in Starfire's hair. She turned around. The ship had arrived.



The vessel was orange (a typical Tamaranian color) with chrome ridges. It shone brightly in the crisp morning air. On any other day, it would have looked beautiful. But not today.



The team stood up. The ship slowly and gracefully landed, as if careful not to scratch it's wonderfully crafted perfection. A man stepped out. He was tall and thin, with thick bands of muscle along his arms and legs, clearly visible through his tight uniform. His face was sharply shaped, with thick eyebrows and an unsympathetic frown. His long, reddish-brown hair was combed neatly back into a ponytail. His hands were clamped together behind his back. He obviously had no intention of staying there much longer.



“My lady,” he said in a deep, musical voice, bowing stiffly. It was hard to believe this voice came from such an austere man.

Starfire stared at him. “Where is Galfore?” she asked.

“And you must be her friends. A pleasure.” He said, ignoring her. He did not seem to take pleasure in meeting them at all.

Cyborg stepped forward. “Sir, can't we have a bit longer with Star? I mean, if this is really our last day, we should….”

The man cut him off. “That won't be necessary.” He said shortly. “My name is Rentore. I have been ordered to return you to Tamaran for battle preparations.”



Starfire stared at him in disbelief. She didn't want to leave. Not yet.

“Please, Rentore, can I not stay here for a little while longer?”

“No,” he said quickly, “No, I have orders to bring you to Tamaran immediately. We really must be going now.”

Starfire looked at him desperately. “Let me at least say goodbye,” she pleaded.

Rentore sighed, annoyed. “Make it quick,” he said.



Starfire turned to her friends with a teary glance. She hugged Cyborg, then Beast Boy. “Goodbye, friends,” Starfire choked. She turned to Raven. “I can never forget you, friend Raven, my sister.” She hugged her fiercely. Raven hugged her back. “May the light of Azarath be with you always,” Raven said tearfully.



Starfire turned towards Robin. She erupted into great, heaving sobs. “Oh, Robin…” she sobbed. Robin took her into his arms. “I wish it didn't have to end like this.” He said, tears streaming from his hidden eyes.

Rentore tapped his foot impatiently, unmoved by the scene. “Come now, my lady, let's go,” he said.

Starfire looked at Robin for the last time with despair. She leaned towards him. Robin touched her cheek and kissed her.

“Star, I love you…”

Cyborg and Beast Boy stared open-mouthed. Raven looked away.

Starfire smiled painfully. “I love you too.” She said, hugging him once more. She turned away and followed Rentore into the star cruiser. The ship took off without any delay. Robin fell to his knees and cried. Beast Boy and Cyborg went to comfort him, but were also crying. Raven had disappeared.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadow_Dance on June 13, 2006, 11:41:16 AM

Shadow_Dance on
Shadow_DanceI must RREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

TeenAvaGo_1 on March 7, 2006, 12:14:19 AM

TeenAvaGo_1 on
TeenAvaGo_1it's getting better! keep going!

sWaLLoW_tHe_KniFe on March 6, 2006, 8:03:45 PM

sWaLLoW_tHe_KniFe on
sWaLLoW_tHe_KniFeo0o it's intresting so far! Like it! expecially Raven feeling upset about Robin kissing Starfire...I can tell this is gunna be good