Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Wreckage

When Starfire is forced to leave Earth to go to war with Tamaran, Robin is heartbroken. Raven tries to comfort him, but her own emotions get in the way.

Contains some Robin x Starfire and Robin x Raven. Enjoy!

Chapter 5 - Wreckage

Chapter 5 - Wreckage


Sorry for the wait, people! I've been on vacation and caught up in a lot of homework, so I didn't have time to write this chapter until now. Thanks for following along with the story; I'm doing my best to make it interesting. Be patient with me, please, I'm not a great storyteller. =] Enjoy! (I hope!)

DISCLAIMER: I still don't own the Teen Titans or their jet plane. I wish I had that plane… I'd never be late for school again! =D



Read and Review, people!



Cyborg grunted with strain, heaving the last box of supplies onto the jet. Beast Boy climbed into his small cubicle on the right of the sleek plane.



It had been only two hours since Raven and Robin looked into the Tamaranian mirror and onto the raging war. As soon as the scene had finished, Robin had made his choice. The Titans were going to Tamaran.



Cyborg and Beast Boy were informed of the plan shortly after. The rush to leave had begun with a single phrase…



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



“GET THE PLANE READY!” Robin announced loudly, running into the main room, where Cyborg and Beast Boy had begun arguing over a car racing video game again. They turned around abruptly.

“What?” Cyborg asked uncertainly.

“Fire up the engines, we're going to Tamaran,” Robin said impatiently.

“But why?” Beast Boy said, surprised. “Star said we couldn't come. She said that we can't interfere with…”

“I don't care!” Robin interrupted, annoyed. “I just saw what was going on at Tamaran! They're losing the war! We have to help! Or Star…no, the whole planet, will fall!”

Cyborg and Beast Boy jumped up simultaneously.

“I'll get the supply boxes!” Cyborg called as he charged out of the room and down the hallway. He didn't feel the need to question how Robin found out about the war until later.

“I'll start up the jet!” Robin yelled, heading for the stairwell.

“But wait, what do I do?!?” Beast Boy cried after Robin.

“Go get Raven!” Robin shouted, already halfway down the stairs.

Beast Boy jumped up and raced towards Robin's open door, where Raven still sat. She stared blankly up at Beast Boy as he rushed in.

“Come on, Rae! Get whatever you need and come and help us prepare to leave for Tamaran!”

“Already?” Raven said, hopping to her feet. “Then why are you still here! Go, go, go!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



And so it began. For the next couple hours, the Titans darted around, grabbing their weapons and jackets and capes, and whatever other extraneous items they thought fit to bring at the moment.



At last, they were ready to depart. The teens climbed into the jet, fumbling with seatbelts and the several buttons and joysticks in front of their leathery seats. Robin clipped his microphone to his ear.

“Everyone ready?”

“Yep!” Beast Boy answered eagerly excited.

“Roger that,” Cyborg said enthusiastically.

“Whatever,” Raven said in her slightly sarcastic monotone. Robin smiled to himself. She's back to her old self again, he thought.

“Ready for liftoff?” Cyborg asked, breaking the rather awkward silence.

“Let's go already, Cy,” Beast Boy said, fidgeting in his seat.

“Alright, alright,” Cyborg said, “But let Robin explain his plan first.”

“I'll explain along the way,” Robin stated. “Time to take off.”

The engines rumbled, gaining power as Cyborg pushed his lever labeled “LIFT OFF” forward. The ceiling above the jet slid to the right, making an exit for the anxious Titans to take off. Blue flames shot out of the back, and the jet lurched into the dark night sky. They were on their way.



After the vessel steadied itself in the air, Robin spoke.

“So, this is how it's going to work. When we're near Tamaran, we'll fly towards the southern areas, which are less infested by the armies. We'll land the jet in a hidden area, surrounded by a barrier, like rocks or hills. There, we'll travel by foot towards the royal grounds. Once we get there, we'll get inside the castle. We can steal- I mean, borrow, a few Tamarianian soldiers' outfits there. We then can go out onto the battlefield undetected, and fight our way towards the front. Raven will create a barrier along the front lines to prevent any more Hertorones from coming in, while Cyborg takes out the Hertorones along the back portion of the area. I'll try to defeat the soldiers along the middle. Beast Boy will morph into a bird and fly to Starfire, and tell her we're here to help. Hertoron's army will have lessened enough by then to lose to Tamaran.”



The jet was silent for a moment. The Titans considered the outcome of the battle.

“This might work,” Raven finally said. “This is a good plan, Robin.” Robin smiled inwardly to himself, strangely happy with Raven's comment.

“But,” Beast Boy said suddenly, “How did you find out about the war?”

“He found a way,” Raven said briskly. Robin breathed a sigh of relief.

“What if she's hurt?” Cyborg said, sounding concerned. “Star, I mean. She might need help getting back to safety.”

“I'm sure Beast Boy can cover that,” Robin said confidently. Beast Boy grinned proudly.



Tamaran came into view about an hour later. The flight had been boring, so the Titans were glad to see a change in the atmosphere. Beast Boy cheered happily.

“This is no time for cheering,” Robin said sharply, silencing the excited changeling, “We still have to land, and go over our plan again.”



The jet began it's descent to the rocky plains below them. The teens awaited in a stiffened quiet for what seemed like an eternity before the jet softly and gently touched the bumpy terrain. The Titans jumped out of their cubicles and filed swiftly in front of Robin. He deeply inhaled the strange, foreign air and began reciting the plan again.



After a good five minutes into the lecture, Beast Boy leaned sideways towards Raven.

“Do you think he really believes we'll remember all of this? Or does he just like to hear himself talk?”

Raven knitted her eyebrows. “He's just trying to make the plan clear, Beast Boy. It's a good plan if you actually listen.”

“I hope it's gonna be over soon,” he sighed.

“Don't hold your breath,” she smirked.

Robin turned towards the two, looking slightly annoyed.

“Listen well, BB. It's important that you pay attention,” he said sternly. The boy wonder turned for a moment.

“And stop bothering Raven,” he added, looking back.

“Hey, I'm not the one who talks for hours just to hear my own voice,” Beast Boy snapped.

Robin crossed his arms angrily. “I don't think your quite grasping the concept of the situation we're in right now. Don't you realize this is a life or death situation we're facing here?”

“I'd be able to actually consider our `situation' if you'd shut your yap!” Beast Boy shot back.

“Since when have you ever considered anything?”

“You shouldn't be talking! When's the last time that you considered anyone but yourself?” Beast Boy said, raising his voice.

Robin lifted his finger, but then stepped back, remembering Raven. He had been…unfair. Heartless, even. Suddenly filled with remorse, he turned to glance at Raven. Her shoulders sagged a little. She looked at him for a moment, as if trying to tell him something with her eyes, but cast them downward after a rather awkward second. Robin looked back at Beast Boy, who was conversing quietly with Cyborg. The green teenager cast him an irritated glance and looked away. Raven spoke up.

“Can we just get going already? I don't think we're helping anyone by staying here.”

The boys nodded. Robin opened his mouth to begin their trek to the battlegrounds, but was interrupted by an ear-piercing boom. In a state of panic, the Titans rushed forward towards the top of a nearby hill to see what had happened. Raven was the first to reach the top. Her eyes widened. Taken aback, she stumbled and fell onto the approaching Robin. He helped her up, and looked towards the battlefield.



Smoking shards of buildings were scattered all over the place. The flaming pieces of foliage and waste lay next to the soldiers, who had already succumbed to the ashes.

“Something must have exploded!” Cyborg moaned, placing his head in his hands.

“But what type of bomb would cause…all of this?” Beast Boy said, motioning to the wreckage.

“An atomic-type bomb?” Raven inquired.

Cyborg lifted his head up, his face twisted with horror.

“A detonator!” he whispered, “an atomic detonator… I should have known! We have to get over there! Fast!”

Robin looked confused. “Why so quickly?”

“When one goes off, the rest are triggered soon after,” he said softly, staring towards the ashes. “There's more detonators. And then the big one will go off. And then…. boom. It's all downhill from there.”

The whole group seemed to hold their breath.

I can't have anyone get hurt. Raven thought darkly. Not BB or Cyborg. Not Robin.

Wordlessly, she lunged off the edge of the plateau they stood on and flew off. The boys watched her go. They knew what had to be done. It was time to carry out the plan.

“Let's finish this,” Robin said finally. With that, he began trudging down the steep hill to his final war.

Sorry people, I have trouble making things interesting, so I left you with a cliffhanger. Muhaha.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment