Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

intro to my story, chapter 1 coming soon

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled
I looked out over the hills where the grass waved in the wind to the sea; where the sun was setting. I remembered what had brought me here in the first place

I had just bought a new Camaro and was heading home.
I had a wife and a son. Tim was turning nineteen in three days. This was his present. He had often told me about how much he liked cars. I myself don’t really know that much about them. I am a writer, I write fictional tales.
I decided to call my wife and let her know I was on my way.
“Hi Carol, I’m on my way with Tim’s present.”
“Alright, but hurry I heard that a big storm was coming.”
Now I don’t usually put too much thought into things like storms, but I had heard the report as well. It was supposed to be as powerful as a hurricane. I was a good twenty miles away from home still. I could see clouds forming to the east. The sky was getting darker every moment. Then in one big flash a bolt of lightning flashed across the sky. The wind was picking up and I could feel the car starting to rock back and forth. Then the rain started, just a sprinkle at first. Around five minutes later it started poor. My windshield wipers couldn’t keep up with the rain.
It was about this time when I heard a voice say, “it begins here.”
No more words, only silence. I could no longer hear the rain, just the sound of waves. Then I felt a jolt in my seat. Then my back end came up and I was looking at a dried riverbed. I had fallen off of the Larson Bridge.
The bridge, for the most part was steel and concrete. But the edges were thin sheet metal. The bridge stood 1,274 feet above the riverbed.
I knew I was going to die. But I felt safe; don’t ask me to explain it because I cant. But I felt safe. I closed my eyes waiting to hit the ground. But I never hit it; it must have been a good hour before I opened my eyes. I might have dosed off, I’m not quite sure what happened

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ammotu on July 27, 2003, 2:23:06 AM

Ammotu on
Ammotugreetings citizen...I read your story, it is really good so far but where are you going with it?