Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1

Vincent's daughter discovers she has a special power on her sixteenth birthday...

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1
Vincent's daughter
by:Seras015

Disclaimer: I do not own Final Fantasy VII, but I do own my characters.

This chapter one, I tried to set it up better. R&R,once again constructive critiscism is welcome and flames are NOT.Sorry if Vincent is OOC. The next chapter will be longer I promise!

Chapter one: Concerning One's Destiny

Cold.

Dark.

This would describe the room where Seles found herself. " I can't see a thing..." Seles strained her eyes in the darkness her words echoing.She fumbled around, blindly reaching out in front of her. She felt something hard and wooden. "A door?" Seles ran her hands across it looking for the handle. " I wonder where it goes..." Upon finding the handle she turned it and pushed the door open,revealing a long hallway dimly lit by candles along the wall.She ran down the hallway hoping for an exit,but the hall seemed to stretch on forever. "Where's the end?" Seles slowed her pace to a walk.

"Are you lost girl?" Seles turned to see an old woman approaching. She was short and fat and wore an old fashioned dress. " This isn't the way to the exit you know." The woman kept approaching.Seles suddenly felt uncomfortable and began to back away. " You're special you know,you can finally break the seal for me..." The woman reached out and Seles stepped back once more and released a gasp as she began to fall down...
down...
down...
Images passed by by in her head...a young boy about her age with blonde hair and a scar across his eye,her father,Vincent,and a silver dagger.She couldn't breathe,the air was to thin,was she going to die?

Seles opened her eyes and gasped for air,and found herself staring at the dull gray of the apartment ceiling.She pulled herself out of bed and walked over to her bedroom window.The sun was just beginning to rise over Midgar the eastern sky was slowly turning orange,pink,and red. "What was that dream?" Seles sank into thought as she began to dress. She pulled off her pajammas and pulled on a red tanktop and a pair of khaki shorts. " What seal was that creepy old woman talking about?" She opend her door and entered the living room.Seles nearly jumped as she saw two crimson eyes watching her in the dark.

" What are you doing up this early?" Seles realized this was just Vincent,not another dream.

" Just thought I'd get an early start." She lied of course and she knew he could tell. " Would you like breakfast?" Seles turned on the light and it revealed Vincent sitting on the couch.

"No... I have to go to work in a few minutes." Vincent continued to watch his daughter as she walked into the kitchen. " Sure you don't want to tell me why your really up?" Vincent stood and approached Seles. " There's no way you just got up this early especially on Saturday."

" I had a bad dream that's all..." Seles had a headache and didn't really want to talk right now. " Do you want some coffee?" Seles decided it was best to try and change the subject.She looked up at Vincent who was apparently caught off guard by her sudden question.

"...no I have to go." Vincent pulled his crimson cloak over his shoulders and fastened the buckles. " Oh,and Happy Birthday." Vincent kissed Seles on the forehead." You're sixteen today right?" Seles nodded in response. " Your mother would be proud..."

~End Chapter one~

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

waterwolf29 on August 27, 2006, 4:13:19 AM

waterwolf29 on
waterwolf29What happened to Yuffie?
Oh wait I'll read the next
chapter!

Vincent11 on July 27, 2006, 1:45:55 PM

Vincent11 on
Vincent11I love it the way you end it makes the reader want more your great!

VincentValentine13 on January 12, 2006, 2:55:18 AM

VincentValentine13 on
VincentValentine13Well, I'll ignore the Yuffietine factor, but I will say something.
At the beginning of this chapter, you wrote, "Cold, Dark, This would describe....etc." Now, the cold dark part was okay, but you probably couldv'e worded that next sentence, that was kinda....hmm, I don't know....not right?
Anyway, Vincent's portrayel is good, but maybe you could be a bit more descriptive in your writing. Hope this helps you, and come point out my mistakes on my story too, please!