Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - 8

Vincent's daughter discovers she has a special power on her sixteenth birthday...

Chapter 8 - 8

Chapter 8 - 8
Vincent's Daughter
by:Seras015

Disclaimer:I do not own Final Fantsy VII

AN: Sorry it took me so long to update. Thanks to hurricane Katrina, I've been without electricity for two weeks. I also have dial-up, and the phones were out.


Chapter 7



Seles felt a cold bottomless fear grip at her insides. Leon couldn't help her now. She was being carried down this hall to her death. She felt another jolt of terror and suddenly she couldn't breathe. "No,no,no....it wasn't supposed to be this way..." Thomas tightened his grip on her and looked into her face. "No,no,no....it wasn't supposed to be this way..." He laughed slightly and his mouth broke into a smirk.

"You humans are so amusing, always repeating yourself." He continued to look at her as he walked. "Did you break?" Seles said nothing, he was mocking her. "Can you be fixed?" He was now laughing hysterically. Seles tried to hold back her tears, but they came anyway. Staining her cheeks, she let them continue to flow freely, she was such a crybaby, but for some reason she didn't care. "Don't cry."

"Stop mocking her Thomas." Seles jumped at the sound of Leon's voice. It sounded unfamiliar somehow. "We don't want our precious Seles to cry." Leon turned and caught Seles by the chin. His eyes weren't the soft gentile blue of Leon's, they were now just like Thomas'....green and empty. "She must be happy...she's going to meet her mother." Seles stopped crying and looked up at Leon, her face full of shock and anger. "I don't know what father saw in her, she was nothing like Luccrecia." Thomas put Seles down and continued to laugh. "What's so funny Thomas?" Thomas looked surprised and immediately stopped laughing, a defeaning silence swept across them. "Luccrecia was much prettier and smarter." Leon looked at Seles with an expression of distaste. "Yuffie was inferior in every way to Luccrecia, what on earth did Vincent see in her?" Seles was boiling with anger at this point, she completely forgot her fear. Leon was standing very close to Seles at this point, his green eyes seemed to glow with some emotion she couldn't read.

"You damn monster!" Seles began pounding her fists on would-be Leon's chest. "I hate you! I hate you!" Seles' ponding became softer and softer untill she stopped, violent sobs shaking her. "I'll kill you Leon...."

"Leon? Why would you want to kill him?" This time it was Thomas that spoke, something about his tone was different. Seles turned to face him, and found a scene she didn't quite understand. Thomas was standing there, but was no longer smiling or laughing....he was crying. Why was he crying? It didn't make sense. He seemed out of place. Just like Kiro had before....

"Leon brought this upon me." Seles found herself in disbelieve of her own words. She loved Leon...or was that fake? Did she really care for him? She had so many questions that couldn't be answered. Thomas stared at her blankly. Seles felt something warm press against her. Leon was leaning against her. He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her hair.

"Do you really blame me?" This voice was warm and kind....much unlike how it had been before. She leaned her head on his shoulder. "I didn't mean to..." Something wet fell on her neck. She looked up to see the blue eyes of Leon.He was crying. This was the real Leon not Sephiroth, Thomas was still merely standing there staring blankly. Then Leon spoke, but the cold malice had returned to his voice. "What has begun must be finished." Seles looked into green eyes now. Leon grabbed her wrist and began to forcefully pull her down the hall. Thomas seemed back to normal as well. Soon the came to a large room, it was pitch black with only one small patch of light in the center. There was some sort of altar on the floor, around it was a large extravagant symbol. Thomas took Seles from Leon and layed her on the alter and placed chains on her wrists and ankles. She had struggled a bit, but Thomas easily overpowered her. "Thomas..." Thomas nodded and took a long, brightly polished silver knife from Leon. On it was the same symbol that was on the floor, Thomas pulled up Seles' shirt a little ways and pressed the knife to her bare flesh. Leon mumbled something she didn't quite hear. Thomas pulled the knife across her skin slowly, cutting her flesh easily.

"Ah.." Seles winced as he pulled it across her skin. The wound bled freely, it soon ran off the altar onto the floor and fell on the symbol below. when the first few drops hit the symbol it seemed to glow. The more that fell the brighter it seemed to become. Thomas repeated this process three more times. The pain Seles felt was unbearable. When thomas stopped Seles tried to raise her head, but found she could not. The loss of blood in her already week condition proved to be too much. It was becoming harder and harder for her to see, even though the glowing symbol illuminated the whole room. The room appeared to be new, as had much of this place. Thomas stepped back and handed the knife to Leon. "Please stop..." Leon bent low close to her face. "It hurts." Leon slowly pressed his lips to hers. He brought his hand holding the knife up and slit her cheek, it began to trickle blood, and he pulled away. Seles cried harder. Her loud sobs breaking the silence.

"Blood is such a pretty color." Leon ran a finger over a cut smearing her blood. Thomas was chanting something in the background, but she couldn't make it out. She was afraid, but there was nothing she could do. She didn't even have the strength left to cry, her dry sobs continued to break the would be silence. The only sound was Thomas and her. "It should be about time for our other guest now." Thomas stopped chanting and walked towards the direction they had entered from. "The ritual is almost complete..." He carressed her face gently. Thomas had now stopped walking and stood perfectly quiet and still. Someone else was standing near him. Her vision was too blurred to see who, but she didn't have to wonder for long. "Vincent, so good to see you."

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

waterwolf29 on August 31, 2006, 12:06:51 AM

waterwolf29 on
waterwolf29Keep going!