Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: Enter the Sphinx

Seto Kaiba was always against believing he played any part in ancient egypt. Now, sombody is about to refresh his memory and bring out a side of him that has been locked away since childhood.
(with Yugi, Bakura, Marik, Joey, etc.)

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: Enter the Sphinx

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1: Enter the Sphinx
BEFORE YOU READ:
A few notes before you read. Those who are major Kaiba fan girls might not want to read this because they will think I have flawed Kaiba’s image, but being one who pays close attention to his personality throughout the series, feel I know what I am doing. This is based solely on the American television series, nothing more, and nothing less. It takes place after the battle city finals, before ‘Waking the Dragons’ takes place. I already have the story all played out in my head, a thanks is given to an rp buddy who helped me shape and form the story. I have altered a few things to make it more enjoyable and to ensure there is no confusion. I hope you enjoy, any comments and questions are welcomed. This story spans several chapters and is a work in progress so be patient with me between chapters.

ABOUT SUBARU:
Subaru Sphinx is a highly skilled duelist who currently lives alone with Zest, a gray fox she found when it was a small kit. Subaru's parents had both died when she was only a small child and she was left at an orphanage. A few months later an elderly man, world famous for his horse racing skills, adopted her. There, Subaru met Mai Valentine, they have been great rivals ever since. Today, Subaru gets by on the money she makes from duels and horse related events, after her adoptive father died. There are rumors going around that she has a dragon more rare and powerful than blue-eyes.

In ancient Egypt she was a powerful sorceress. She created a magical crystal that had the ability to absorb, or amplify the power of the millennium items. Having heard of the crystal's power, Seto Kaiba got in touch with Subaru. For several years they worked together, becoming stronger in hopes to overpower the pharaoh. During this time they became very close to one another. Fearing their plan, Yami had Subaru captured and locked away. The tomb robber, Bakura, managed to break her out and they began working together, stealing artifacts from tombs.
Subaru doesn't know much about her past but feels strange whenever she sees Seto. She still has the powerful crystal in her possession to this day.
[img][/img]

YU-GI-OH: Ancient Memories

Chapter 1: Enter the Sphinx

Battle city had proven a hard and emotionally straining time on Yugi and his friends, with that out of the way they were finally able to relax and enjoy their time just hanging out. The card shop owned by Yugi’s grandfather was doing well in business considering the lack of any tournament and the group couldn’t be happier. Kaiba and Mokuba had returned home and Seto was busy at work and Kaiba Corp, trying to salvage the drop in money his company was making, there had to be some way to get it back up, he would find a way to draw in more people eventually. One of his advisers had suggested another tournament but after his loss to Yugi, he wasn’t really enthusiastic about the idea of another duel. Yugi had all three Egyptian god cards, how would he beat that? All of this was giving him a headache and he told everyone to stay out of his office unless there was an emergency that needed to be immediately brought to his attention.
Though most would never be caught dead disturbing him when he was in a bad mood, the door opened allowing Mokuba access to the room. Seto seemed to be under a lot of stress and the young Mokuba was determined to help him relax. “Seto, you have been in here all day.” Mokuba said. “I think you should come and get some fresh air, maybe a walk in the park?” he asked, aware that Seto wasn’t likely to say yes. Seto looked at the questioning Mokuba, wondering if his saying no would lead to more pestering from his brother, the only one with guts enough to be stubborn after his decision was already made. “….Alright Mokuba, I guess a quick walk wont kill me.” Seto muttered, getting up from behind his desk and following Mokuba out into the crisp, clean air.

The young women moved at a slow pace through the park. She was about Seto’s age, carrying herself in a confident manner. She had vivid teal eyes and silver hair that fell in soft waves to her mid back. The silver was accompanied by pink highlights that streaked thinly through it. She wore unique clothing that showed some skin, not too modest but not too sleazy either. She was rather withdrawn and quiet, eyes shown with intelligence, a deck of cards hooked to a thin silver belt and her waist. Her name was Subaru Sphinx, a girl who held a secret that had yet to be revealed, one she had no knowledge of herself. A choker necklace was at her throat, a strange magenta tinted jewel attached gave off a faint glow. Magic contained within it, which could prove powerful in the presence of a millennium item. “Zest.. were are you?” she called out as she walked, looking for a small gray fox that belonged to her. She knew the fox had run off to play his game of steal the card with yet another victim. The small fox, formerly know as Zest, moved through the park, having found a playful looking human that had what was needed to get a game going, he loved it when people chased after him and he had come to a conclusion that if he stole something of theirs, they would chase him all the day to get it back. He studied the blonde boy as he headed through the mostly vacant park, hands in pockets and he seemed to have a certain destination in mind. Zest moved stealthfully after him, eyes fixed on the deck of cards he had. He heard Subaru call out his name but paid no mind, not when he was just about to get a game going. He bounded up to him, getting his attention with the cute innocent fox trick. “Hey there little fella” Joey said, kneeling down to pat him on the head. Perfect, now all he had to do was swipe a card. He darted to Joey’s side and in his teeth, gingerly got one and pulled it out, racing off with the Flamed Swordsman. “HEY! GIVE ME THAT BACK YOU LITTLE SNEAK!” Joey yelled after him, running to catch the little beast.
Mokuba and Seto had been walking without a word spoken between them when a most unpleasant voice rang out, the second rate duelist, Joey Wheeler. They rounded the corner in time to see him dive at the fleeing fox, holding what looked like a card. Joey had missed and was now laying, looking angrily at the fox who teasingly, waved the card at him a few feet away. Mokuba thought the fox was cool; Seto was quick with the insults. “Looks like the dueling monkey is being outwitted by a small fox.” He said slyly, eyes slightly narrowed and a smirk forming on his face. “Hey, shut up rich boy!” Joey spat, getting back to his feet, now covered in grass stains. “Hopefully you can get those stains out, don’t want to ruin the only clothing you have.” Seto continued, Joey’s hands forming into tight balls, refraining from punching him, hot temper flaring. “I SAID SHUT UP KAIBA!” He yelled, eyes moving as he saw Seto’s gaze instantly shift from him to somebody who appeared to have come up from behind, turning to find Subaru who gave Zest a quick scolding as she picked him up. “I believe this is yours,” she said, handing him his card. “Thanks” he muttered, annoyance still lingering in his voice. He didn’t want to stay any longer, not with Seto’s insults. “Yuck, it’s all slobbery and gross” he said, wiping the card on his shirt before looking unpleasantly at the fox who appeared pleased with himself. Joey stalked off before another word was spoken. Mokuba had turned his attention back to Subaru and the small fox. “Hey, is he your fox?” he asked curiously, going over for a closer look. Subaru nodded, “yes, this is Zest and I’m Subaru.” She said in greeting. “Good to see you again Mokuba.” “You know my name? Were have we met before?” Mokuba asked, not remembering her. “We went to the same orphanage.” Mokuba thought about this a moment, they went to the same orphanage? He was having a hard time placing her. “Don’t worry about it, it will come back to you.” Subaru assured him. “Your name is familiar though.. are you that dragon duelist I have heard about? The one with a really strong dragon everyone is talking about?” He asked. Seto was watching with some annoyance, why must Mokuba talk with everyone he met? As for her, if she was a dragon duelist it didn’t matter, he was the greatest dragon duelist and that was how it would stay. “I am, I suppose you want to see it too right?” she asked. Everyone who did know of her always wanted to see this card. Mokuba nodded, “really? You would show it to me?” he asked, eyes wide with excitement. He loved to see new cards. Subaru pulled out her deck, searching until she found the card she seeked. ‘Bahamut, king of dragons’ it had an attack of 3200 and defense was the same. It also had a special ability allowing it to control all dragons on the field weaker than itself. Mokuba looked at it for a long period of time. “Hey Seto, you should come and see this card it is way cool.” He said, Seto rather reluctantly coming closer to have a look at this so called ‘great card’ it wasn’t so much the fact it was stronger that got to him, it was the fact that he swore he had seen it somewhere before… but were? He suddenly felt memories flooding back, flashes of a life he didn’t know or believe in. It was hurting his head and he seemed to wince. “Seto? Are you ok?” Mokuba asked with concern, his brother wasn’t usually like this. Mokuba’s words were unheard by Seto who continued to see flashes of himself, of that dragon, of that girl.. was he going mad? The visions faded and he seemed to come to. “I am fine Mokuba, lets head back.” He said, afraid to look at Subaru for fear he would suffer those… flashes again. “Ok” Mokuba said reluctantly, returning the card to Subaru who seemed confused and curious about what had just happened to Seto. Mokuba patted Zest on the head, who in turn licked his hand. “Nice meeting you two, maybe I will see you again sometime” Mokuba said, rushing off to catch up with Seto.

(Chapter 2 COMING SOON)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowsphinx22 on November 11, 2004, 4:09:06 AM

shadowsphinx22 on
shadowsphinx22Yay! My first chapter is now up and running... it is a rather boring chapter but it will get alot more exciting over time. Cant just jump right in because that would confuse people. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.