Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Restless Dreams

Seto Kaiba was always against believing he played any part in ancient egypt. Now, sombody is about to refresh his memory and bring out a side of him that has been locked away since childhood.
(with Yugi, Bakura, Marik, Joey, etc.)

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Restless Dreams

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2: Restless Dreams
Chapter 2: Restless Dreams

The meeting with Subaru had a heavy affect on Seto for the remainder of the night. Why couldn’t he stop thinking about her? He didn’t see her as attractive, as somebody he wanted to get to know but she still lingered in the depths of his mind. He had left work early and went home, getting no objection from Mokuba who followed faithfully after him. Seto got some aspirin and a glass of water and sat by the large fireplace, gazing into it as it crackled and danced to some unheard melody. “Seto, are you sure your alight?” Mokuba asked after checking in on him from time to time to see him sitting just as he had the previous time he looked. “I’m fine” Seto assured him in a slightly annoyed tone. Finally getting up from his seat and moving from the room, the fire was beginning to go out and would likely go dead soon. “I think I will go to bed,” Seto said, heading up the stairs and vanishing from sight.

He would get no sleep that night; when he did he could see images and memories quite clearly…. “I am sick of running from the pharaoh! We should use that rod of yours and my crystal and defeat him before he separates us.. that is what he is trying to do.” Came a tired and strained voice, resembling that of that girl in the park. He then heard his own voice. “Subaru, we don’t have enough power to take the pharaoh, not with his guards in our way, we have to keep moving, wait until we catch the pharaoh by surprise.” He said in a soft and comforting tone. What was going on? Why was he hearing voices in his head? They were speaking of a pharaoh, which must mean that this was another of those… ancient past beings that Ishizu assured him he was one of. It was stupid! He wasn’t in the ancient past! He tossed and turned some more, trying desperately to sleep and stop this nonsense from playing out in his head. “What if Yami catches us… what if he separates us and I never see you again?” Subaru asked with some dread and sorrow. “I wont let him separate us, I will protect you and we will always be together.” Came the determined voice of the high priest.

The beams of sunlight came in on Seto, finding it annoying as he was still trying to sleep, he hadn’t gotten enough but it seemed he was just going to have to get up and walk around like a zombie for the remainder of the day, completely unaware of what day it was, valentines day, yet another thing to get on his nerves. He got dressed and moved downstairs; seeing that Mokuba was already gone he headed outside after a quick breakfast. He stretched his stiff muscles and began walking about aimlessly, mind wandering while he did so. He ran into Yugi who was talking to Serenity, she seemed excited about valentines and would give Yugi no room to talk, leaving him simply nodding his head. He saw Seto and saw a way to get out of this without seeming rude. “Hey Kaiba” he said, looking rather dumbstruck as Seto didn’t look like he even noticed Yugi as he passed him, to deep in thought. Yugi watched him leave, Serenity giggling suddenly. “He must not like valentines day” she said with a grin, wondering what was taking Joey so long to get there to meet them. Mokuba who was running over to him holding something in one of his hands, looking rather excited, snapped Seto from his daydream. “Hey Seto.. I got us some free tickets to a horse race that is going to start soon. Come on, let’s go before it starts!” He said, Seto looking at him blankly a moment. Were did he get free tickets and why a horse race? Well, maybe he should just to get his mind off of things, that and Mokuba had already run off without allowing time for him to object. Once finding their seats he looked at Mokuba and spoke loud enough for him to hear him over the crowd. “Were did you get free tickets?” He asked. “I got them from one of the racers who I ran into while in the city looking around, you remember that girl in the park, Subaru?” Seto looked rather unpleasant at the mention of her name. “You got them from her!? Mokuba, I want you to stay away from her!” He said, Mokuba looking at him with some defiance. “B..but why cant I see her?” he asked. Seto would have said more if not interrupted as the announcer came on, calling out names of people and their horses as they rode past towards the starting gates. “…Next up is Subaru Sphinx ridding a beautiful white stallion named Sapphire, he appears to be one of the biggest horse here today…” Sphinx? That was her last name? Hopefully knowing this wouldn’t affect Seto in any way. They soon got prepared, the large crowd waiting patiently for the race to begin, many were routing for Subaru since she was born and raised in this town, and because her adoptive father had been one of the greatest horse racers of his time.
Suddenly the gates opened and the horses thundered out, an excited roar was growing in the crowd as they fought for position, announcer rambling on, calling names and positions. Subaru had started back in fifth but was quickly making her way up through the ranks, slipping into second, urging her great beast to move faster, gaining on the leader who was the current champion. Seto watched more intensely than he would have thought he would, wondering if her skills of riding were as good as her dueling skills, she was determined and strong to endure ridding such a big horse, being one of two female riders, the other was near the back. “GO SUBARU” Mokuba shouted out suddenly jumping to his feet and cheering her on, Seto was stunned by the behavior. They were coming into the last turn and the excitement was going rapidly as Subaru moved in on the leader, taking the inside to close the gap for the final straightaway. Mokuba was no longer the only one on his feet; most everyone was by this point. Seto had no choice but to go with the crowd, stand so he could see over them. Strangely his heart was beating fast and he was as anxious as Mokuba standing next to him, or not quite, considering Mokuba was jumping up and down on the spot. “…and she has done it SUBARU WINS!” the announcer called out, the crowd cheering with approval. Strangely, Seto was having a hard time not joining in; he was mixed with pride and happiness for the girl, like she was important to him.. even though she wasn’t, at least he didn’t think so. Then he remembered the previous night, the words that seemed to come out of his own mouth… “I wont let him separate us, I will protect you and we will always be together.”

(Chapter 3 COMING SOON)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment