Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 43 - alex and/or sally has issues

i worked out the bugs!
anyway its about-wait a min, im not tellin u wat its about but i will only say:it switches narratives.(lil trick i learned frm mr.j.stroud,writer of my favourie trilogy)

Chapter 43 - alex and/or sally has issues

Chapter 43 - alex and/or sally has issues
It was Saturday morning at downtown. Not many people were out, but those who were
Strode along leisurely or sat, chatting to friends.
That morning, sally was sitting at the counter of the ice cream parlour. Infront of her was
A triple fudge sundae and a notepad; in her hand a pencil.
Sally had decided to collect her thoughts on paper- or maybe a better fraise would be
‘collect her memories’. On each page of the book, she wrote a description of every dream she had ever had and around it, little annotations.
In total, sally had had five different dreams. Five different memories.
If only alex were here to help her.
‘hey carl!’ she called.
‘yeah?’
‘where’s alex? He wasn’t at school yesterday.’
‘He called in sick for work to. But I think he might come in today.’ Carl went away to busy himself.
Just then the door opened.
And in came alex.
Sally could tell he wasn’t feeling ok when she saw the mess of hair on his head and that he was wearing his shirt inside out.
‘alex are you ok?’ sally asked.
‘no’
‘why weren’t you at school yesterday?’
alex pretended he hadn’t noticed.
‘carl, isn’t your shift over?’ he said, not looking at her.
Carl quickly got his things and left. Alex waited till he was across the street. Then he turned to sally.
‘I think I had one of your dreams.’

**********
well, we really had a situation. I didn’t understand why alex had dreams. I wonder though…
‘alex what colours your hair?’ I asked.
‘sally are you-’
‘yes I am’
‘look I don’t think-’
but at this point I really couldn’t be bothered.
Jumping up and over the counter, I dragged alex to the backroom of the ice cream parlour.
Locating a large sink, I ran some water and dunked alex’s head under it for a couple of minutes. Then I pulled him out. My work was done.
All the dye had washed off turning the previously blond and black mess into a dirty blond mess.
‘hmmm…’ I hmmed. ‘you should stop dying your hair- you look betterlike this.’
Alex just dried himself with a towel.
‘what was the point of that?’ he said finally.
‘well, I wanted to know what you actually look like.’
‘why?’
I sighed and dragged him back out. Then I shoved my book in his face.
‘oh you think I’m that dude in your dream?’
‘yeah!’
a smile spread across his face.
‘what are you smiling at? You do know this means my guess that we’d end up together is right’
‘I know.’
…oh sugar.
I could feel myself going bright red.
‘awww!’
me and alex slowly turned to see trinity sitting down finishing off my ice-cream.
‘go away trinity.’ I said.
‘aw, shush. I’ve got a headache.’
‘well that ice creams just gonna give you brainfreeze.’ Alex said as I jumped over the counter.
Trinity sighed.
‘I had a bad dream.’
‘what is this? A dream-a-thon?’ I said sarcastically.
‘you had a bad dream too?’
‘no just a memory one. Here-’ I showed her the note book. ‘heres a description.’

**********
later on, sally and trinity went to the shops. They bought a bunch of new stuffs and were very pleased with themselves.
Presently they sat at a bench, drinking slushies.
‘umm could I sit there?’ asked an innocent voice.
Monica was standing on their left.
‘ofcourse!’ said trinity happily.
Monica sat down.
Sally suddenly shivered.
‘you ok sal?’ trinity asked worridly.
‘yeah…I’m fine.’
‘hey do you know what would be fun?’ said monica, seemingly not noticing sally.
‘if we all went to the movies!’

**********

sally, trinity and monica left the cinema giggeling.
‘so what do you want to do now?’ asked monica.
‘oh, well we were gonna head home-’ began sally.
‘WHY!?’ trinity and sally were taken aback.
‘I mean, its not even dark. We should enjoy ourselves!’
‘yeah well…see you at school!’ sally and trinity quickly walked off.

‘that was a little weird’ said trinity a while later.
‘yeah…’ sally was checking her phone for voicemail. ‘wow twelve voice mail from alex!’
‘aww, their probably him just confessing his love to you!’ giggled trinity.
Sally just gave her a mean look and put her phone to her ear, listening to the message.
Then a shocked look on her face. She checked the next mail. Her expression worsened.
‘whats the matter, sal?’ asked trinity, noting the horrified look on sally’s face.
Sally put the phone to trinity’s ear.
Trinity heard alexs voice through the phone. It was cracking and mixed with screammes and noises.
‘SALLY! THERES A-A MONSTER------CANNAL---*scream*CERION GET OUT OF*crash* SALLY-NOW!’ alex’s voice screamed.
‘CERION!’ trinity screamed. ‘WE HAVE TO-’
But sally had already henshened, climed a lamp post, and was now jumping from rooftop to rooftop.
Trinity henshened and followed suit.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

swampertgirl0504 on August 26, 2008, 5:47:03 PM

swampertgirl0504 on
swampertgirl0504kewl