Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Even radiance can be shadowed…

Twelve-year old innocent childish Naruto Uzumaki loves singing, rocking on his electric guitar and dreams of becoming a rock star. Can the help of two shinigami help him achive his dream? Full Summary inside.

Chapter 3 - Even radiance can be shadowed…

Chapter 3 - Even radiance can be shadowed…

Hello and once again thanks for joining me in the third chapter of ‘Fox Moon’! I was really busy with family and school things, so I had to take a break from writing in order to type this chapter. This is a short chapter, so I apologize if it doesn’t fuel your hunger! I’m so sorry! (dodges a couple of flamed arrows, but manages to get pinned to the wall) Wahhh!!! Please, just enjoy the following chapter! Please read and review!!!


Disclaimer
: I do not own Naruto, so don’t sue me. I only write for my entertainment and because it keeps me from going insane…but if I did own Naruto, there will be a lot of yaoi couples. (Grins evilly)

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Twelve-year old innocent childish Naruto Uzumaki loves singing, rocking on his electric guitar and dreams of becoming a rock star. Unfortunately, a malignant tumor in his throat prevents him from pursuing his passion. However, his life turns around when two surprisingly fun-loving harbingers of death appear to grant Naruto a temporary reprieve from his illness and give his singing career a magical push start.

“….” Talking
‘……’ Thought
…… Naruto’s Emotions
“….” Memories
“…” Music

--
Chapter 3: Even radiance can be shadowed…


---The following afternoon, outside Leaf Records---

Lots of Kyuubi fans awaited in line to enter the building to watch their new idol give his first performance. Many girls giggled in the thought of taking pictures and in hopes that they could at least talk to the blonde hottie.

And while they waited, the blonde was getting ready in the dressing room.

Deep blue eyes open slowly then widen as Kyuubi took a look at himself in the mirror and admired the outfit the wardrobe staff handed him. Although the main colors were white and orange, it also had its small share of black.

Sasuke, who had just popped in without the blue eyed singer’s notice, took one look before his mouth dropped open in how it made the teen look appetizingly attractive.

He had on a slim white dress shirt with long sleeves that had black thread on it, an orange dress vest with two black breast pockets that were sealed with zippers. (I’m very obsessed with zippers, its kind of goth/emo/punk all at the same time!) A black spiral logo was on the back of it. (I love the spiral design of the Kyuubi seal and because Uzumaki also means spiral, so it’s like the family crest) He was also wearing a black loose pair of pants that screamed ‘emo’ in a sense. The thread on the pants was white, and it was all completed with a black tie with the same nine-tailed fox logo. (After Kakashi found out that Naruto loved foxes, he ordered a lot of new designs for the blonde from the wardrobe staff who was thrilled to the fact that a hot male teen idol liked a cute woodland creature as a logo.) The outfit hugged his body, showing it to be more feminine than masculine. (if you’ve seen Yugioh, you may notice that Naruto is like Yugi in a chibi way, while being Kyuubi is like Yami in a hot slim way) A black choker with a silver spiral tag on his neck was added to show some animalistic nature to this ‘innocent’ image.

“Woah, awesome outfit! Thank you!” he said smiling in his normal cheerful way, but now that he was Kyuubi, Naruto’s normal cute looks were now hot, or at least to the wardrobe staff who squealed, fainted, and gasped at the sight of him.

“No, no! Thank you for wearing it and making it look grand!”

“Oh, you make it complete!”

“Only a true radiant person can make it so!”

His manager entered the room and when he caught sight of the youth being surrounded by his ‘admirers’, he began to chuckle drawing everyone’s attention to him.

“It seems to fit you quite well.” Kakashi said before being ambushed by the staff that mainly consists of women and just one guy. He gave out a small sweatdrop before giving his gratefulness to the good job they did.

“Oh, but Mr. Hatake! It was you who gave us the materials and image we needed to create such masterpieces!” an orange haired girl said as she caught one of her fellow staff members who fainted at the hotness of the silver-haired male.

“Oh, I didn’t do much, I just provided a little inspiration.” Kakashi said as he began to take several steps back from the scary crowd.

“Oh, he’s being modest! That’s so attractive!” said Deidara as he began to give a small chuckle before giving the final touches on Kyuubi’s super soft textured hair. He admired how silky the young singer’s hair was, so he had made sure he did his absolute best to make it known to the world.

‘Weirdoes’, Sasuke thought as he stood next to Naruto. He didn’t like how close the older blonde was to the younger one, even if it was to do hair and makeup.

After Kakashi ushered everyone but himself and the blonde (plus invisible Sasuke, who decided to stay out of the way and sight for the moment) from the room, he looked over the singer before giving a nod and a thumb’s up.

“Yes, this will definitely be a hit with the audience. Considering that there’s a huge crowd outside waiting to see Kyuubi! And with those songs you’ve written, it will be the greatest thing since Icha- I mean uhhh…sliced bread!” he said as he gave out a small nervous chuckle.

The neko Shinigami sweatdropped as he knew what the manager had managed to try to hide.

‘Pervert.’ he thought with a scowl. He only hoped it wouldn’t rub off on the young blonde. Gods forbid it.

“Thank you for the praise.” Kyuubi said as gave the older man a childish bow.

Kakashi laughed again before a knock on the door called for his attention.

“Hmmm? Wonder what it could be. Excuse me, Kyuubi.”

“Oh, of course.” was the reply.

Naruto turned to look at his reflection as the Hatake spoke to a man who seemed to manage to dodge all the busy workers who were setting the stage.

“Mr. Hatake, it’s here…”

“Oh, wonderful! Right on time! Excellent!” the manager said before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind him.

As the two men spoke with one another outside, Sasuke walked up to the blonde to make his presence known. He sighed as he hanged his head in shame, yes he felt a little guilty on the argument from several days ago, so he thought it would be the perfect time to make up for it. And with Naruto alone, he wouldn’t have to worry if anyone was watching, thinking that the boy was talking to himself.

“Oi, dobe…” he started out, but when he got no response, he looked up to see something unexpected.

The human’s eyes were lightly glowing, not much to be noticed if not studied hard enough, but behind those cerulean blue hues, a wave of red was threatening to break free. The look was almost…soulless. Just like when he had asked Naruto if he was really going to be a singer. At first he was sure he was imagining.

Alarmed, the raven-haired grabbed the blonde by the chin and pulled the tanned body towards him, breaking the trance Naruto was on, his eyes returning to normal, before blinking confusedly at the concerned kitty eared cap-wearing Shinigami who was staring into his eyes hard.

“Sasuke?”

The said onyx eyed teen blinked, before a small pink tinted line appeared on his pale face at the closeness of their faces. He instantly pulled away, releasing the hold on Naruto’s face then looking away.

“It’s nothing.”

Question marks appeared around the orange clad boy as he tried to even figure out what just happened. He crossed his arms across his chest and closed his eyes to think it out, before receiving a small thump on his head.

“Ow! What was that for!?” he growled out, glaring at the now amused death god.

“If you try to think too much, you’ll end up hurting yourself…dobe.”

This time, he got a response as the singer punched him square in the cheek, before executing a swift knee kick to his stomach causing the taller of the two to fall on his hands and knees.

“Don’t call me ‘dobe’ you Teme!” he gritted out in anger standing above him with his hands clenched tight.

Sasuke stared at the floor in shock; he didn’t expect the young human to know how to actually fight, since the blows proved how skilled he was.

‘That would explain the punch from the other day…caught me completely off guard.’ he thought before getting up.

“Well, it seems that you’re a quick one to anger…” he said as he wiped his face staring at the blonde.

“It’s your fault! What are you doing here? Did you come to tease me? Cuz if you did, I swear I-“ he was cut off.

“I’m sorry…”

Naruto stared at the neko for a moment in shock.

“Wha?”

“I-I said some bad things to you…about your motive being insincere and not at all serious…”

Sasuke looked away, his bangs covering his eyes.

“At-at the audition…I was so taken back that I just couldn’t move. Your voice…was so…unique…pure…it was like it didn’t belong in a human…just a sound…a beautiful sound…and I felt like I was dreaming.”

The tanned boy’s innocent eyes widen in amazement as the other continued.

“And…and I was happy…I was happy because there was a singer like you…because it reminded me…when I use to sing as a human…”

Naruto took a step back in surprise.

“Y-you used to be human!? Sakura too!?”

Sasuke nodded.

“Yeah, death is just a half job for people who commit suicide. Not a real big deal or anything…a bit boring and stressful, but a job nonetheless.”

Sasuke committed…suicide? However, he doesn’t seem like the type to have done so…I would have thought that he had died naturally or something else…but to have taken his own life…

“And when I found out your song was for…Neji…I was upset because I was moved by such a song…but it was wrong…I…I really knew you were strongly serious…so…”

He took a small breath before continuing.

“I’m sorry.”

Sasuke…

Naruto smiled before walking up to the raven-haired and glomping the latter.

“Yay, we’ve made up! I forgive you because I’m happy!” he said childishly.

The young death god blushed as he began to sputter.

“H-hey dobe! Don’t touch me! Leggo!!!”

Pout.

“I’m not a dobe, Sasuke-teme!”

And thus began a two minute insult of the metal capacity of 7 year olds…

“I know you are but what am I?”

“A dobe.”

“Grrr, I know you are but what am I?”

Smirk.

“A dobe.”

“Gah, I’m never talking to you again.”

“………”

They both glare at each other in silence. But with our little blond, the quietness never lasts long.

“Arrghhh, teme! What are you looking at!?”

“A dobe.”

They were so caught up in they’re fighting, that they both didn’t hear the door open.

“Naruto!”

“Hmm-wahhh!!!”

Both the mortal and Shinigami looked up from their heated argument only to be swept off their feet by envelopes of different sizes. Soon both the teen idol and the now kitty transformed Sasuke were buried under the letters.

“Looky at all the fan mail you’ve received!” Kakashi said cheerfully as he now held the empty mailbox carrier.

Naruto emerged to the surface of the paper ocean taking a deep breath.

“W-what? F-fan mail?”

The odd-colored man nodded as he tossed the cardboard box aside.

“Yup, these are all requests from radio stations. They’re all requests for ‘Lonely Fire’. Your songs are #1 requested in the local stations. And the album isn’t even out yet. Ad only your voice is heard…”

Azure eyes widen as the words began to sink in.

Kakashi gave the young boy a kind smile.

“Surely now you know that you weren’t chosen just for your looks?”

They both began to laugh.

--

Neji…it’s hard being strong…but now I know I can keep going forward…and I’m probably not alone…


As soon as everyone was seated inside the small concert hall, the lights went off, then on, the spotlight now setting it’s lights on the once empty stage that now held an enormous pear white egg with the Konoha seal on the center.

Murmurs of surprise.

“An egg?”

“What’s going on?”

CRACK!

“Ladies and Gentlemen, here he is…”

White and orange feathers burst out of the egg as a figure emerged from them. Fans screamed, cheered, and drool (fangirls), as Kyuubi was viewable, two white and orange wings spreading out of his back, with a wide grin of his face.

More hushed voices.

“Wings!?”

“Computer graphics?”

“No way!”



Backstage, Sasuke had snapped his fingers to create the special effects.

‘The rest is up to you, dobe.’ he thought as he sat back and enjoyed the show.

The crowd went silent as Kyuubi began to strum his guitar and sing in a clear low voice.

I dreamed I was missing
You were so scared
But no one would listen
Cause no one else cared
After my dreaming
I woke with this fear
What am I leaving when I’m done here?
So if you’re asking me I want you to know

The blonde idol began to sing in a louder voice, as he gently lowers himself to the ground, his wings fluttering.


When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I’ve done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed
Don’t resent me
And when you’re feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

Azure eyes deepen with emotion as he continued his song.

Don’t be afraid
I’ve taken my beating
I’ve shared what I made
I’m strong in the surface
Not all the way through
I’ve never been perfect
But neither have you
So if you’re asking me I want you to know

Forgetting/all the hurt inside you learned to hide so well
Pretending/someone else can come and save me from myself
I can’t be who you are

The guitar began to end it’s string induced song as Kyuubi repeated the last verse before trailing off.

As soon as the song ended, the crowd jumped to their feet and began to cry for an encore.

Inwardly, Naruto smiled as he began to laugh into the mouthpiece as he started his second song of the night. A small band joins the singer as he starts, and a small group of dancers began to make their appearance. They’re dressed as a high-class society.

The curtains draw to reveal the setting of a ballroom party. The dancers surround a girl with light brown hair in a white ballerina outfit. She seems to be covered in blood.

Oh please, she’s not bleeding
on the ballroom floor just for the attention
That’s just ridiculous…ly on.

But she’s sure is going to get it (the attention & the bullets)
here’s the setting, fashion magazines line the walls
now the walls line the bullet holes.

The dancers move to let the girl to dance around, and then they begin to join her as Kyuubi moves around to the beat. On the audience, the fangirls are trying their hardest not to jump the hot blonde.

The white clad ballerina dances to cerulean-eyed idol as she pulls out a gun and aims it to herself. An act of shooting herself, then she drops the gun and continues her dancing.

Have some composure, and where is your posture?
Oh no no! You’ve pulling the trigger all wrong.

Have some composure, and where is your posture?
Oh no no! You’ve pulling the trigger all wrong.

Give me envy
Give me malice
Give me attention

Give me envy
Give me malice
Give me…a break

When I say shotgun you say wedding

Shotgun

“Wedding!!!”

Shotgun

“Wedding!!!”

Yeah sure let her have it.
She didn’t choose this role.
But she’ll play it and and
make it sincere so you cry

The dancers begin to encircle the ballerina as male dancers dance with her before switching partners. She twirls and begins to stagger in act of dizziness of blood loss.
Kyuubi puts his guitar down and still singing, dances with her in a choreography that he had practiced earlier that week and perfectly memorized it by heart without missing a beat with his singing.

But they believe it from the tears and the teeth
right down to the blood on her feet
Boys will be boys, hiding in estrogens and Auberinge dreams

Have some composure, and where is your posture?
Oh no no! You’ve pulling the trigger all wrong.

Come on this is screaming photo op.

But they believe it from the tears and the teeth
right down to the blood on her feet
Boys will be boys, hiding in estrogens and Auberinge dreams

The ballerina begins to fall to the ground and the whiskered teen kneels by her and gives her a slight peck on her cheek as his wings disappear into a disarray dance of feathers that spread through the stage before realizing into the audience then disappearing.

The thick red curtains fall on the bowing and curtsying dancers and band, as the black clad blonde walks up.

“Thank you for coming! I hope you enjoyed the performance as much as we loved performing it for you. Give a hand to my lovely dance troupe and marvelous band.” he said as he swept his right arm upstage and the dancers and band members appeared giving their bows and curtsies once more to the screaming, whistling, cheering, and clapping of the fans.

Backstage, Sasuke gave a small smile as he floated next to Kakashi in his plushie form.

“Well, it seems that he’s become a big hit alright! Looks like we’re going to be busy now.” the silver haired man said with an eye smile, a lovely smile gracing his features, making the wardrobe staff that were standing next to him to squeal and glomp him into a dog pile.

The neko Shinigami sweatdropped as he watched, then turned his attention to the now exhausting teen that began to walk towards him.

“Thank you…Sasuke.”

The winged kitty just made a shooing gesture with his paws at the compliment.

“It was no big deal…growing wings…it’s fairly easy.”

Naruto shook his head.

“No, not that. For cheering me up earlier.”

A blush grazed the furry cheeks before Sasuke poofed into his human form.

“W-what!? D-don’t get me wrong! I just hate it when people who just worry about-Hey! Are you even listening to me dobe!?” he said as the blonde began to walk off humming a tune.

Sasuke sighed before whispering.

“But…this time…you didn’t cry…”

Blue ocean depth eyes turn to look at him.

“I…I respect that about you…a little…”

At that statement, Naruto gave him a warm smile.

--

Meanwhile at the Uzumaki Residence:

Ino gently knocks on Naruto’s door.

“Naruto. Naruto-kun, dinners ready.”

No answer in the other side.

And why may you ask? What happened to Sakura as she played the role of the blonde?

After getting the sweet from Tsunade earlier, Sakura had fallen asleep after playing around to get rid of the extra energy she got, so now she was completely out.

Ino, curious to why the blonde didn’t answer, slid open the door and gasped when she saw it empty. (Remember, she can’t see the Shinigamis)

Crying out in alarm, she ran to the main house and made her way to the dining room.

“Lady Tsunade! Lady Tsunade!” she yelled as she slammed/slid opened the door with force.

The said woman was calmly sipping her tea before she addressed the younger blonde.

“What is it Ino? Why are you shouting so? And I thought I told you no running in the-“

She was cut off as the female teen spoke out with terror filling her voice.

“Lady Tsuande! Na-Naruto’s gone!”

The tea cup fell from the older woman’s hands and shattered on the floor as Tsunade turned her brown gaze toward the Yamanaka.

“What did you say?”

--
End of chapter 3
--

Okay, I hope this chapter came out as good as I hope it did. I apologized for the crappy description for the performance. (sweatdrops) I had the image of it in my head, but it kinda of messed up when I was trying to type it out into words. Please forgive me for the worst thing you’ve ever read.

The songs are as followed;

Leave out all the rest by Linkin Park (Minutes to Midnight)

Time to Dance by Panic @ the Disco (A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out)

Okay, now I’m going to start with the 4
th chapter so I can hopefully update as soon as I can before any of you lose interest. So pray that I can at least update quickly, and I’ll pray as well! Well, see you soon!!! Please review!

- silent-insaneminako











Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rainbowfox16 on November 16, 2007, 9:21:08 AM

rainbowfox16 on
rainbowfox16...Lose interest? Worst thing I ever read? Are you INSANE? I LURVES IT!!! I'm so adictted to this OC. Man oh man. I'm gonna check your story everyday in hopes you've updated!!