Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Dragon

A fictional fantasy of Celia and a childhood promise she made to a 'dragon', which she forgets. Just a cute short story.

Chapter 2 - Dragon

Chapter 2 - Dragon


The golden brother watched the storm dragon's darkening scorn for the girl intensify. He watched the girl's confused look of terror as she found herself lost in the blackening void. He sighed and narrowed his eyes.

“Brother. That is a very dangerous thing to be doing to a mortal. Beside seeing she doesn't even know her transgression against you.” He widened his eyes in abject horror as his brother released a bolt of lightening near the girl.

“That's it brother! No more games time to end this stupid obsession!” The golden brother roared his decree and his rays broke through the frills of his brother's disastrous storm. The storm gave a small groaning of protest instead of it's intended boom of victory as the girl screamed in terror and fled away from the singed tree. She ran further in her fright away from the house and further into the forest as the siblings confronted each other. The storm dragon disconnected himself from the storm he had melded himself into before. His long serpentine frame lashed heavily out as his body that was once shrouded by clouds flashed out with purplish scales and a pair of injured glowing yellow eyes. His brother cut through the clouds his scales a brilliant mix of platinum and gold as his green orbs were fixed on his brother's narrowed slits. The storm dragon opened it's mouth a gurgling mix of ozone as sparks flickered and danced within. With a slash of it's tail it dashed to its brother to attack and connected with a loud thunderous clash of otherworldly bodies.

Celia ran deeper and deeper in her fright, tears and rain alike upon her stricken countenance. She then felt a warm glow on her back and noticed the sun had come out through the clouds. A sob akin to a gasp caught in her throat as she saw a glowing dragon whip through and she stood cemented to the spot as another ethereal being alighted from the clouds. She screamed but was not overheard over the crack they released as they impacted each other. But from that collision a volley of light and thunder gyrated from their pinnacle and a magnetic flux threw her to the ground. In her eyes blazed the two embattled specters which faded in and out of focus, their thrashing in the sky becoming less and less audible till the girl passed onto unconscious, and was dead to the world.

Celia's mother looked outside as the sun started to shine and smiled as the clouds were slowly being pushed away.

“Celia!” She yelled hoping to find her daughter was close by. She shook her head when there was no answer. The grieving mother came outside.

“Are you calling for your daughter?”

“Yes, she's probably reading a book somewhere.”

“My son did say Celia liked to read.” She looked down sadly and back up at the sky.

“It looks like I should go home.”

“Oh, it was nice having you but a shame on such terms.” The mother nodded and went to her car parked in the front. She quickly backed up and circled to the road and left back to the empty house where she and her son had been the only inhabitants. Celia's mother sighed, she now felt twice as sorry for her as she originally had been. She had wanted a better life for their poor old acquaintances. She had known them for years and when the boy's father died they had ran into financial trouble so she arranged the marriage to her daughter so that they could live their life in wealth. Now there was no way it was going to happen, either way for the former betrothed pair.

Celia opened her eyes and groaned. The sound echoed as she found herself in a wet cavern. She gasped as she looked around and quickly sat up.

“Where am I?”

“Oh, you're awake.”

“Huh?” She turned to see a young blonde male with green eyes smiling at her. He was surrounded by a white light and she had to shield her eyes from its harsh glow. He wore a pair of silver hoop earrings and had white clothes on.

“I'm sorry it came to this.” He looked over his shoulder. “Brother?”

“Coming.” The boy who walked in at the command had long black hair that came to his waist and golden eyes. He didn't glow bright but had a dark purple tint. He had dangling amethyst earrings and was wearing black with gold trimming.

“Where am I?” she asked again after she had stared at the golden-eyed boy's bored countenance.

“Inside of you.”

“Inside of—“ She started shaking. “Are you a demon and an angel come after my soul?” She gulped.

“Am I dead?”

“If we were which of us would be the angel?” The blonde one asked. He gave a sly look to his brother. Celia fell back to the floor and the blonde laughed apologetically.

“Tynan.” The blonde said a little embarrassed at himself sauntered to the trouble-maker. “Will you tell her or shall I?”

“I will tell her.” The dark one cleared his throat as Celia's violet eyes fixed upon him.

“You belong to me!” The blonde slapped a hand over his brother's mouth.

“Ha ha. Very funny little brother.” Tynan glared at him. He muttered something into his hand.

“Wham didj wamph meda say? Misae?”

“Tell her that….” He looked over at her as she watched her eyes widened looking away from them.

“I'm going to hell?” She covered her ears and started rocking herself. The blonde started whispering into his brother's ear, he fidgeted uncomfortably and once even blushed as his elder brother pushed him away after his advice.

“Misae? Are you sure?” Misae shrugged. Tynan growled and punched his fist into his open palm catching her attention, Celia looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

“Uh….” He faltered.

“I can't do this Misae.”

“Why not?”, he asked smugly, “Last time you tried to kill her and it was all right.”

“Kill me? Tried? Do you mean the lightning? Is that how I died?”

“You're not dead!” Tynan yelled. Celia shrank back.

“Then where am I? She asked meekly. Then a vision of dragons came to her mind.

“Dragons!” The boys jumped at her sharp exclamation.

“The dragons killed me!” She stated as she wondered at the great beings.

“Didn't I just tell her she wasn't dead?” Tynan growled.

“Hey, why don't you tell her again? She listens about as well as you do.” Misae smiled secretly.

“Shut up.”

“They were so beautiful.” She said her eyes shining with the memory. Tynan smirked despite himself. Misae looked at his brother who now was almost serene again.

“You promised something to my brother.” He examined his fingernails.

“Promised? Promised—what?” There was a short silence.

“You promised to be his eternally.” He said equally. Misae blushed at his brother's newfound bluntness and his head drooped.

“Do you remember?” Misae looked up at her.

“But I wasn't talking you. I was talking to that other dragon on the cover.” Tynan's eye twitched as he pointed at Celia.

“What—what the….” He turned back to Misae who smiled crookedly.

“What do you mean by that!” He went to her and placed his hand on her shoulders. Misae quickly went to his side to make sure he didn't hurt her.

“I was the only one who heard your promise. I don't know why though!”

Misae looked at Tynan and smiled turning away from him. Tynan looked at him.

Misae, you have been withholding something from me. He released Celia and went to his brother and clenched his fists.

“You were implored by a human spirit who redirected you to her granddaughter. Besides these kind of arrangements usually aren't called upon by the dragons.”

“I know that,” he said grating his teeth.

“So why was I called upon?”

“Do you remember dear brother when you said you would like to have a great friend, a human even?” Tynan blushed.

“Well more than a friend really….” Tynan looked at Celia.

“And she's the one.” Tynan looked down. “Yes I guess I do understand now.”

“But of course, that is if she does agree.” Misae turned to Celia.

“So do you?” Celia looked at Misae placidly.



It's a crime you let it happen to me
Never mind, I'll let it happen to you
Out of mind, forget it there's nothing to lose
But my mind and all the things I wanted

Every time I get it I throw it away
It's a sign, I get it, I wanna stay
By the time I lose it I'm not afraid
I'm alive but I can Surely fake it

How can I believe when this cloud hangs over me
You're the part of me that I don't wanna see

Forget it

There's a place I see you follow me
Just a taste of all that might come to be
I'm alone but holding breath you can breathe
To question every answer counted

Just fade away
Please let me stay
Caught in your way

Forget it

Just fade away
Please let me stay
Caught in your way

It's a crime you let it happen to me
Out of mind, I love it, easy to please
Never mind, forget it, just memories
On a page inside a spiral notebook

Just fade away
Please let me stay
Caught in your way
I can live forever here

Forget it

How can I believe when this cloud hangs over me
You're a part of me that I don't wanna see

I can live forever here








Celia's mother was rubbing her temple as a pair of brown-haired boys ran around her. Tamra was smiling with her husband as he whisked the naughty boys up.

“You two stop pestering grandma.” He said kissing their hair.

“Yes daddy!” They said wrestling in his arms. He released them and they went to the cool marble walk. Celia's mother watched remembering that was where Celia loved to play best. She sighed, after searching for three years they had given up. She sighed heavily again wondering where the child could have gone and found it painfully harrowing that the betrothed died on the same day. Was it coincidence or a terrible plot? She had long wondered and had nightmares about it. But she had finally stopped wishing hadn't she? The room was in the same condition she had left it in with books laying everywhere. The boys yelled close by. She turned to watch them. They were bubbling limbs of energy and she found it hard to keep up with them. She was surely old enough now to have grandchildren but found herself already drained from the search for her daughter. The sun was setting and surely this one was one of the more beautiful ones she had watched, or was it only because it was the first she had actually had paid attention to since then? She didn't know. Her husband came outside and saw the rambunctious twins chasing each other, he smiled and put his hands on his wives shoulders and kissed her cheek. Her son was watching her and a pained expression crossed his face. Tamra looked at him and pulled his hand to hers and kissed it. The lovers watched the sun set as the twins finally tired and sat one in his grandmother's lap the other in his father's lap, falling to sleep. They carried them up and laid them down to sleep. The two woman stood in the doorway as they slumbered away. Celia's mother eyes watered but before Tamra could help remedy she went to her room and cried there. Soon all the anguish forced her to sleep. What a strange dream she had as she did….

“Mother?”

“Celia?”

“Yes”. Celia not aged by a day walked from the thick darkness. She had vivid eyes that made her mother fall to her knees. Celia quickly came to her side and kneeled beside her.

“You're alive?”

“Yes, in a sense.” Celia was quiet for a while as her mother stared at her searching for reality.

“Mother, I came here of my own will. I don't want you to mourn me.”

“But you're gone I can no longer see you.”

“I can be here in your dreams.”

“But you're an aunt now. You can't be with them.”

“They will know me too in their dreams.”

“As will everyone else. I promise.” She smiled. Tynan's voice called out.

“Celia?”

“ I'm here.”

“Celia who is that?”

“My….” She blushed.

“I'm her fiancé.” He stayed on the edge of the darkness in dim obscurity.

“If you want to visit all of your family, you'll have to be quicker than this.”

“Of course. Mother I will come again.” Misae's light shone through the daughter as Celia's mother was gently rocked back into deep unconsciousness while her daughter ran back into the darkness.

When the family woke up they all relayed a strange dream with Celia in it telling them she was alright. They would pass that tale through the generations to come for years, each puzzling over it. Did it really happen? Was it a made up fantasy? They can never know for certain, but when the most terrible storm blows over they swear they see two dragons in the sky: one of the brilliant bright clouds and the other the storm clouds slowly dissipating and that they see an outline of a girl between them. Do you believe? You promise?





Names and Meanings:





Misae white hot sun

Celia-blind

Tynan- dark

Tamra- palm tree



+ Thank you lyricsondemand.com

The song is Forget It by Breaking Benjamin. Go to radioblogclub.com search forget it or Breaking Benjamin if you want to hear it.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment