Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The battle

The story of a leopard who will have to join together with his brother and sister to save the leopard race. (will occur in chpt.3)

Chapter 1 - The battle

Chapter 1 - The battle
Wow,it sure is sunny today. Kabira thought. Kabira looked intothe sky. “ So what can I catch today?” He wondered aloud.Hmm... an antelope might be good, or maybe I could steal from thecheetahs again. Kabira looked out across the open Savannah. He spotted a herd ofzebras. He licked his lips hungry for the meal before him. “WellI guess it's my lucky day.” He crouched low in the grass andcrept forward. As he crept up on the zebras, one pricked up itsears. Kabira stopped in his tracks, holding his breath. He knew thateven the slightest sound could cost his lunch. The zebra put it'shead down to graze again. He crept up on his prey a little more. Hestopped once he reached striking distance. When the zebra turned itshead the other way, Kabira ran full speed ahead. Then he sprang onhis prey, sinking his teeth into the creature's neck. The creaturedied instantly. Satisfied, he carried the zebra to a nearby tree.Kabira then climbed the tree carrying the zebra in his jaws and beganhis feast. All of a sudden, he heard a shuffle in the grass. Kabirastopped his chewing and listened intensely. Nothing. Must havebeen a bird or my imagination. Kabira thought. Then he heard itagain, but this time it was closer. All right so it wasn't myimagination... then what could it have been? He wondered. Hesniffed the air searching for any scent that might have been theanimal that caused the rustling. Right then the scent of hyenaflooded his nostrils. Wait, that scent seems familiar... oh shootit's the hyenas I stole lunch from yesterday! Kabira realizedwith alarm. He must've brought the whole pack with him! Hetried to control the quiver in his voice “ I know that you'reout there! You don't need to hide anymore.” To his surprise,the leader hyena stepped into the open. “Hello little leopard.”the hyena said “ Long time no see eh? There's no need to panicyou can give us that zebra and we'll go home peacefully.”Kabira could tell there was something fishy about this. “ Soyou say you'll be gone if I give you this zebra? Actually, I thinkI'll keep this zebra and eat it myself. Oh and by the way who are youcalling little one, shorty!” The hyena was furious. “ Youhave just crossed the line leopard, we'll get you no matter how longyou stay in that stupid tree. Your going to die even in your mostdesperate efforts to escape.” The leader hyena glanced towardhis pack. “ Surround him and kill him, even if it takes thewhole rest of the day and tomorrow!” The hyenas advanced andtook their positions around the tree. Kabira was frightened. Whatam I going to do? I can try to outrun them, but they'll just catch upto me later... ugh think! What can I do? If I try to fight them,they'll just outnumber me. I guess I have to face the facts, I'mdoomed. All right, I'll fight them. I hope luck is with me today!Kabira hesitated for a moment,then charged down the tree. He could see the look of surprise on thehyenas' faces as he attacked the closest one near him. Heeffortlessly bowled it over. The hyenas tackled Kabira, creating deepscratches and gouges in his body. Kabira struggled to fight them all.I have only defeated four of the hyenas. If I countedcorrectly, there seems to be sixteen hyenas in all. They're all wellfed and strong, this battle is clearly won. I should've just tried tooutrun them. Then,the leader hyena jumped on Kabira. It clamped down on Kabira's neck,pinning him down. Kabira then yowl andscreeched as loud as he could, trying to harm their sensitive ears. His plan worked. Thehyenas cringed a little bit. While they were distracted, Kabirastruggled free from the attacking hyenas. Only the bottom onesnoticed. The hyenas on top didn't realize he escaped and ended upattacking their own pack. “He got free you idiots!” Theleader hyena screeched in anger. The hyenas immediately tackledKabira. Darnit! I thought that would of worked out better! Agh!A hyena bit into his shoulder and created a deep cut. Kabira foughtback with all his strength left. He managed to knock the hyena back.Then he felt a searing pain on his neck. Everything went dark.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment