Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - luigi's mansion 2

i said this is the best story i have ever made well me and my friends just to tell you this maybe the long story on fac

Chapter 4 - luigi's mansion 2

Chapter 4 - luigi's mansion 2
                                        luigi's mansion
Luigi decided to run an inquiry. There were a lot of people there. Surely at least one of them saw where Mario went.

Luigi walked into the hallway and saw Toad and Yoshi lounging around.
"Hey Luigi!" said Toad. "Remember the time we were a team in Double Dash, and you fell off the back of the cart and got run over, and I was so busy looking back and laughing that I drove into a wall and blew up? Oh, good times..."
"YOSHI!"
But Luigi couldn't worry about that. "Guys, have you seen Mario? He's been gone for almost 20 minutes..."
"YOSHI!" Yoshi pointed towards the front door.
"Yeah," said Toad. "Once you and Daisy started gettin' all lovey on the dancefloor, Mario just bust-a-moved out of here. He didn't even say anything..."
Luigi didn't quite understand, but he trusted them. Mario must be outside somewhere. "OK, thanks guys!"
"No prob."
"YOSHI!"

Luigi darted towards the front door, but just as he was about to grab the handle, the door swung open into his face! "OWW!" he yelled.
"Oh, err, sorry Luigi."
Luigi saw Mario standing in the doorway. He appeared to be quite tuckered out. "Mario?! What the hell were you doing? You've been gone for nearly 20 minutes! Peach was worried about you!"
"Umm... Toadsworth told me the light in the washroom blew out, so I ran around back to see if I could flip the breaker to the washroom, but I couldn't find it..."
Luigi raised an eyebrow. "Uh, Mario. This house only has one breaker switch, and it's in the basement..."
"Oh..." Mario said, sounding embarrassed.
Luigi shrugged. "Well, we can worry about that later. Right now, I desperately need to talk to you. Come on upstairs. There's a couch in Nana's Room..."
"Nanas's Room? Who's Nana?"
Luigi closed his eyes. "Never mind. Just c'mon..."

The two walked up the stairs to the second floor. They entered a large room with a lot of sewing equipment, a couch, and a big rocking chair. Mario and Luigi sat down on the couch. They didn't bother turning on the light.

"Mario... how did you do it?"
"Do what?"
"How did you tell Peach how you felt?"
"Umm... well, we both just sort of knew it, that's all."
That doesn't help me, Mario..."
"Well hey, that's honestly the best answer I can give. What you really need to worry about is wondering how you're gonna propose!"
"Oh, c'mon! Don't tell me it was hard for you to propose to Peach! She was practically begging to!"
"Yeah, I guess you're right. It was always 'Mario, when are we gonna get married?' and stuff. And when I finally did it... it was my happiest moment."
"I can imagine... I so desperately want to reach that point with Daisy, but... I don't even know if she feels the same way..."
"Well, it's like I said. Once you both just sort of know it, then you'll immediately know the other one knows it, too. And that'll be the time to say what you want to say, because you know that's the one thing they want to hear..."
Luigi smiled. "Thanks Mario. You're the best."
"No problem."
The two sat in silence in the dark for a little while.

Mario then perked up again. "So, you ready to go back down? It's about 10 o'clock now, so things are just startin' to get crazy!"
But Luigi wasn't listening.
His eyes were wide with fright, staring into a dark corner...
"Luigi? What is it?"

Mario couldn't see what Luigi was looking at, but over the faint banter of the party downstairs, Mario could hear...
*squeaksqueak squeaksqueak squeaksqueak*...
The sound of an old spinning wheel turning on its axis...
On its own.

"Mario..." said Luigi, clearly frightened. "What's going on?"
"I don't know..." said Mario.
They watched in horror as the spinning wheel began to spin slowly faster... and faster... and faster and faster and faster...

Luigi appeared on the brink of insanity. He had to do something. Whoever - or whatever - was spinning that wheel wasn't going to stop.


Luigi and Mario continued to stare at the spinning wheel in the corner as it continued to spin faster and faster. Instinct would have perhaps told them to leave the room, or turn on a light, but both the light switch and door were right next to the phantom spinning wheel. Luigi and Mario felt safest on the couch, but they didn't exactly feel safe anyway.

Suddenly, without much thought, Luigi stood up and began to approach it slowly and carefully...
Mario became concerned. "Luigi! What are you doing?! Get away from it!"
But Luigi continued to advance. As in response to the ever-shortening distance between them, the spinning wheel began to spin even faster, creating the horrible sound of wood screeching on wood.

Luigi gulped as he was merely a foot away. The sharp needle jutting out at seemed to glisten without the aid of any light...
The wheel spun wildly now. It seemed that any second the entire thing would fall apart...

Luigi reached out his hand. Why? To try and counter the wheel's spinning? He wasn't completely sure himself, but he reached out for it anyway...

*FWIP!*
Suddenly, the entire device leapt up into the air. It did half a flip in the air, causing it to land right on the wheel. And as it hit the ground, the momentum of the wheel's spinning caused it to zoom forward like an out-of-control car. Luigi had no time to react. The spinning wheel shot forward directly into him. As it smashed and broke apart against his lower body, he stumbled backwards and landed with a thud.

"Luigi! Are you alright?!" Mario yelled, jumping down from the couch and running up to his brother's side. Luigi's legs had been slammed pretty badly, but he was OK...
Or at least he thought.

Mario examined his legs. "Oh my god, Luigi..."
Luigi looked down too, and gasped.
The spinning wheel's needle had driven into his right leg, right below the knee. His blue pant leg was slowly turning a dark shade of crimson. He could feel the blood run down his calf.
He immediately felt it beginning to throb. "AAAGGGHHH!!!" he cried in pain. "What the hell just happened?!?"
"I'm not sure," said Mario, "but I think he should get that taken care of right away. Then we'll go back downstairs and enjoy the party."

Mario helped Luigi into the nearby washroom and cleaned up the mess. Removing the needle was a slow and painful process, but they eventually got it out. The wound wasn't too deep, but it was nasty to look at. They immediately applied some alcohol and bandaged it up. Luigi then got into a new pair of overalls once he was able to walk effectively again, though it still throbbed with each step, and he had to resort to limping.

Mario and Luigi then stood silently on the staircase, listening at the party going on downstairs. Mario was quite shaken up, but not nearly as much as Luigi. He appeared on the verge of tears.
The two were silent for a while, until Luigi finally spoke a terrifying message...

"It's happening again..."
Mario looked up at him. "What?"
"It's happening. The ghosts... they're back. Back to take revenge upon me..."
"No Luigi, don't scare yourself like that..."
"Then how do you explain the spinning wheel, huh? How'd it spin on its own? How did it FLIP in the air and drive its needle into my leg, huh?!"
Mario couldn't think of anything to say.
Could the ghosts really be back? But how? Luigi had captured them, and E. Gadd had turned them back into paintings. Even King Boo. They were all captured and couldn't do any more harm...
Right?

"Man, I wish E. Gadd was here..." said Luigi. "You did invite him, right?"
"Yeah," said Mario, "but he didn't answer."
"Oh..." said Luigi glumly.

Mario tried to change the subject. "Hey, how are we going to cover up that limp of yours?"
"Umm..." Luigi said, "We could make up a story... but I think we should tell someone..."
"Well, I dunno. What do you think?"


Mario and Luigi, who's leg was still hurting badly, were on the stairs pondering how they were going to explain Luigi's limp.
"We have to think of something quick Mario. I bet everyone's wondering where we are..."
"Yeah, you're right, I'm trying to think..."
"Oh, I know! How about we say that I slipped on some spilt soda and landed on my knee?"
"Naw, that's dumb..."
"Uh, ok. How about... I was running up stairs to the bathroom and I fell on the stairs and hurt my leg?"
"No, that's stupid..."
"*Sigh* I haven't heard any better ideas out of YOU!"
"Oh, I got it! We say that we were setting up a game of indoor mini-golf upstairs, and while I was taking a practice swing, you were to close, so I ended up cracking you in the shin with my club!"
".....Whatever, I don't care. Let's just go down."




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Fuzzball96 on September 23, 2006, 5:17:03 AM

Fuzzball96 on
Fuzzball96POOR WEEGIE!!!