Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - luigi's mansion 2

i said this is the best story i have ever made well me and my friends just to tell you this maybe the long story on fac

Chapter 6 - luigi's mansion 2

Chapter 6 - luigi's mansion 2
                                        luigi's mansion 2
Luigi told her everything. How he had won a haunted mansion, how Mario had been captured by the Boos, about Professor E. Gadd, his Portrait Ghosts, the Poltergust 3000, King Boo...
He then went on to explain how E. Gadd had used the treasure Luigi found in that house to build Luigi a new mansion, how the mansion was built with exactly the same layout as the haunted one...
And then the frightening sight in the storage room, and the haunting incident with the spinning wheel, and how he had nearly gone mad with fright at the sight of the Poltergust 3000 left on his doorstep...
Daisy listened to the tale with wide eyes. It was probably the most unbelievable thing she'd ever heard. Normally, she'd have accused Luigi of just being funny, but his behavior clearly showed that he was dead serious.

Luigi finished off by lifting up his right pant leg and showing the bloody bandage under his knee where the spinning wheel's needle had impaled his leg.
"King Boo did this to me. He's back... Back to kill me and everyone else in here... Please Daisy... keep all this a secret from everyone, OK?"
Daisy began to tear up. She rushed into the Washroom and embraced Luigi. "Oh Luigi, I'm so sorry all that had to happen to you..."
Even after telling his horrifying tale, and the ghostly incidents that had happened since, Luigi suddenly forgot eveything once Daisy was again in his arms.
"Thanks Daisy..." he said.

Daisy then looked at him. "I don't understand. How did this 'King Boo' escape from his painting?"
"I don't know..." said Luigi.
"And who delivered the Poltergust 3000 to your doorstep. And why?"
"I don't know..." Luigi repeated.
"We've gotta get a hold of this Professor E. Gadd guy. He should be able to help us solve at least some of this mystery..." she said thoughtfully.
"That's exactly what I was thinking," said Luigi.
"Great. Let's go!" Daisy was about to walk out of the Washroom when she spotted the light switch. "Geez Luigi, if you're so scared of King Boo, why don't you turn on the light?"
"Umm... Mario said the light bulb burnt out, so I didn't bother"
But before he could finish, the light flickered on.

Daisy looked at it suspiciously. "Mario siad it burnt out?"
"He said Toadsworth said it burnt out..."
"Oh... that's odd. It seems totally fine to me..."
"Yeah..." said Luigi, rather suspiciously.

"Well, anyway Luigi, should we try calling E. Gadd?"
"He's not answering his phone. I left a message, but he hasn't answered. If anything, we could walk. I think it'd only take about 10 minutes to walk, err... run there."
"OK. And what about the Poltergust 3000? I think Mario took it to the Parlor to examine
it. Should we investigate that, too?"

Luigi thought a bit.



Luigi thought for a moment, but then decided. "Let's go to E. Gadd's house first. He might be able to answer how King Boo may have escaped from his painting, plus I have to ask him why he built my mansion to the exact same layout as the haunted one."
Daisy looked a little worried. "But what about Mario... and the Poltergust 3000? Whoever left it here obviously didn't mean to give it to you as a present..."
"Mario can take care of himself until we get back. If we run the whole way, it'll only take about 10 minutes."
"OK," said Daisy, "But let's be as quick as we can. I'm worried about Mario..."

Luigi and Daisy ran out the front dorr into the cold, dark night. Storm clouds shifted unnaturally in the sky, and the two could hear thunder rumbling overhead. They ran through the woods as quickly as they could in order to outrun the coming storm. Within 10 minutes, they reached a small brown shack in front of a massive empty lot.

"The mansion..." said Luigi, pointing to the lot, "...used to be right there."
"Where did it go?" asked Daisy.
"I don't know. Once I defeated King Boo, it just... disappeared."

Without another word, Luigi ran up to the shack and knocked on the door.
No one answered.
The shack's only window showed only darkness on the inside.
Luigi jerked the door handle.
Unlocked.

He slowly opened it and crept inside. Daisy held onto his arm and followed him in. They first were in the labrotory, but this room appeared empty. Luigi crept over to the next door, and opened it. He found himself in the training room. As he and Daisy walked through, he half-expected a ghost to pop out of one of the chambers. He tried to keep calm and continued on towards the next door. Upon opening it, he appeared in the machine room...
The Ghost Portificationizer.
Just looking at it gave Luigi horrfying memories...

Daisy could feel Luigi shaking. "Luigi? What's wrong?"
"Umm... nothing. It's just... this is the machine I told you about that turns ghosts into paintings... and the other way around, too..."

Oh..." said Daisy, not too sure what to say.
As they walked through the room, Luigi sniffed the air. He smelled smoke.
Had the machine been used recently...?
But what Luigi really needed to see was that King Boo's portrait was still hanging in the Gallery as he had last seen it. He needed to confirm that King Boo was still safely cooped up in that painting and that he and Daisy, and everyone at his mansion, had nothing to worry about...

Luigi carefully reached for the Gallery door...
But as he did, he heard a creeking noise behind him.
Daisy heard it too, and let out a small gasp.
Luigi peered into the darkness...
Something was moving around. Behind the machine...
Luigi took a careful step forward...

And suddenly, a small, white object lunged at him!
Luigi screamed and toppled back, as did Daisy. The small white figure flew at them like a ghost...
LIKE A GHOST!?!




The white object was rushing at them with great speed. It almost reminded Luigi of the white shape he had seen in the Storage Room...
But that was King Boo...
KING BOO?!?

Diasy was behind Luigi, clearly frightened. Hearing her cries gave Luigi the courage to rear back his arm and give the white monster a wicked punch in the face!

"AAAGGGHHH!!!" the creature screamed in pain. It stumbled back into the machine. It stood up up what appeared to be two small legs, scurried over to the light switch and turned on the lights.
Luigi gasped.
"Professor?!

Professor E. Gadd stood there with an astonished look. His glasses were crooked and his nose was bleeding, but he wasn't mad. In fact, he seemed quite startled. "Luigi? What in blazes are you doing here? I thought you were a ghost for goodness sake!"
Luigi laughed nervously. "Heh, really? We thought you were the ghost..."
"We?"

Luigi turned around and looked at Daisy, who was still sitting down. Luigi took her hand and helped her up. "Oh, Professor, there's someone I'd like you to meet. Professor, this is
Daisy. Daisy, this is Professor E. Gadd."
Daisy bent down a bit to shake E. Gadd's hand. "It's nice to meet you Professor. I've heard a lot about you!"
"Well met, Miss Daisy. Heh, I'm surprised Luigi never mentioned you!"
"Oh really?" said Daisy, giving Luigi a playful look. Luigi chuckled a bit.

The Professor released Daisy's hand. He suddenly sounded serious. "So what are you two doing here scaring the daylights outta me?"
"Well," said Luigi, "I was throwing a party in the mansion you built for me, and I was wondering if you wanted to come..."
But the Professor suddenly seemed nervous. "Oh... a party, huh?"
"Yeah..."
"With lots of innocent people...?"
Luigi could sense E. Gadd's anxiety. "Umm... yeah..."
E. Gadd then gave both Luigi and Daisy a very serious look. "Tell me you two... what's the real reason you're here...?"

Luigi and Daisy looked at one another and exchanged glances. Luigi looked back at the Professor and explained his firghtening experiences in his new house. How King Boo had attacked him in the Storage Room...
How the spinning wheel had impaled his leg...
How the Poltergust 3000 had been thrown on his doorstep by an unknown guest...

E. Gadd listened intently to every detail. He nodded his head occasionally, as though he understood everything.

As Luigi told the tale, he tried to put the pieces together. Could E. Gadd really be the one behind all this? He had built the house to the exact same layout as the haunted one... perhaps to help King Boo find his way around easier? And E. Gadd was really the only one that knew exactly how the Ghost Portrificationizer worked... he could've easily freed King Boo from his painting. And the Poltergust 3000... the Professor was the only one who could've logically delivered it! But why? Luigi really had no idea why the Professor would want to do any of these things... but at least Luigi thought he had a lead in this mystery...

Once Luigi had finished, there was silence among the three. E. Gadd continued to look down in deep thought. Daisy just looked as worried as ever. And Luigi just had so many questions he wanted to ask E. Gadd.
Had he delivered the Poltergust 3000? Why?
Had he freed King Boo? Why?
Why hadn't he returned any of their calls?
But what Luigi wondered most of all... Why had E. Gadd built Luigi's new mansion exactly the same as the haunted one?
Through all of his self-inquiry, Luigi suddenly doubled back to Mario's brief absense during the party...
Luigi decided to run an inquiry on E. Gadd, but what question should he ask first?

What question should Luigi ask first? Use the list above to choose, or perhaps come up with your own. There's still lots of questions to be answered! ;)*
I appreciate everyone's input (especially metalsonic C:), but I think Majikn and viewtifullink had a good idea of how to begin the inquiry. 7 cookies to everyone that asked a question!

After a while of silence, Luigi finally spoke. "Hey Professor, why are you being so... evasive?"
E. Gadd looked surprised. "Hmm?"
"Well, you didn't answer any of our phone calls, you're hiding in your lab in the dark... what's goin' on? What are you hiding?!"
Luigi lunged forward a bit. E. Gadd was taken aback by his anger. "Umm... you called me?"
"Yes! Twice! First Mario called you to ask if you wanted to come to the party, then I called you while the party was going on. I even left you a message!"
"Oh..." said E. Gadd. He walked over to the nearby phone and checked. I showed that there was one message. He played it back.
"Doh... I guess I didn't see that..."
"But you've been in your lab all night, haven't you?"
"Well, not ALL night..."
"What do you mean?" asked Luigi.

Luigi began to think. He couldn't explain why E. Gadd would've missed Mario's earlier call, but... Luigi had called E. Gadd and left his message, and about a minute later, the Poltergust 3000 had been delivered. Now either E. Gadd had been home but just didn't hear the phone, or he'd been gone while Luigi had called. But gone doing what...?
Gone delivering the Poltergust 3000!

Luigi looked at E. Gadd angrily. "Alright Professor, why'd you send the Poltergust 3000?!"
E. Gadd struggled with his words, as thought trying to come up with an excuse. But then, he finally looked down and sighed.
"Alright, I admit it. I did send the Poltergust 3000 to you..."
"I kinda figured that out," said Luigi. "But why?!"
Daisy finally spoke after a long silence. "And why were you hiding in your lab with all the lights off?"
E. Gadd looked up. "I can answer both those questions with one explanation..."
"What?" asked Luigi.
E. Gadd looked down again. "Something... horrible... happened in my lab earlier tonight..."
Daisy got a little closer to Luigi. "W-what happened?"
E. Gadd took a breath and began. "After the Boos' mansion disappeared, I went on studying ghosts as usual. In fact, the mansion incident had gotten me more interested in studying Boos and what made them different from normal ghosts, as well as what made






Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment