Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - luigi's mansion 2

i said this is the best story i have ever made well me and my friends just to tell you this maybe the long story on fac

Chapter 7 - luigi's mansion 2

Chapter 7 - luigi's mansion 2
                                        luigi's mansion 2
King Boo different from normal Boos. The results of these studies have been absolutey astounding, but that's a tale for another time... Anyway it was about 9:30, and I was getting ready to go to bed, when I heard a noise in the machine room. It sounded like someone was fumbling with the controls. Naturally, I armed myself with the Poltergust 3000 and crept over there. Once there, I saw... a dark figure placing a large painting on in the Ghost Portificationizer, as though ready to put it in reverse. I hoped whoever it was wouldn't be able to figure out how to set the machine in reverse, but my hope was shattered when I heard the roar of the engine and watched as the painting began to go through backwards. In my despair, I let out a cry, and the figure heard me. With great speed, it sped forward and knocked me down before I could even fire up the Poltergust 3000. Whoever - or whatever - that was, they were gone. Once I got up, I remembered that a painting was going backwards through the machine! I tried to stop it, but I was too late. The sum of all my greatest nightmares came out of the slot - King Boo! I tried to suck him up, but his eyes seemed to glow more red than ever. He used his darkling power to lift me up and fling me into the wall. My back was injured, I couldn't move, and the Poltergust 3000 was several feet from me where I couldn't reach it. I could only watch as King Boo used his powers to float each portrait from my gallery, one by one, onto the Ghost Portrificationizer. He stacked them all up so that when he flipped the switch, all the portraits would go through one by one and turn back into ghosts. Once they were all in position, King Boo turned the machine on, laughed in my face, and flew out. By then I had reovered my strength, but it was too late to stop the machine. I grabbed the Poltergust 3000, but too late before Boolossus, or the 15 Boos that made up Boolossus anyway, had already been freed. But before any more could escape, I pressed the vacuum nozzle against the slot, forcing the escaped spirit directly into the mouth of the vacuum. I held it in position until all of the remaining 21 of my portrait ghosts were within. The 15 Boos didn't make much of an attempt to stop me. In fact, upon release, they immediately flew off with after their king. But that aside, I was now standing there with a Poltergust 3000 filled with vengeful spirits. I knew I couldn't keep it long, so..."
"So you came to me so I could get rid of it," said Luigi.
"Precisely," said E. Gadd.
"But I'm confused," said Luigi. "Why can't you just put the ghosts back through the machine and turn them back into paintings?"
"I tried, but whoever set King Boo free short ciruited the machine. It now only can function in reverse... I wanted to deliver the Poltergust 3000 to you in secret and tell you everything, but once I rang the doorbell, King Boo appeared and attacked me. I merely dropped the box, ran back home and found a place to hide. I didn't get a chance to tell you why I'd sent it. I just prayed you'd figure it out on your own, though I never would've even risked it if I'd known there was a party going on..."
Luigi suddenly remembered Mario. "Mario! What if he accidentally releases the ghosts inside? We have to go back and stop him-!"
But Daisy stopped him. "Luigi, there's still a lot we don't understand yet. We have to just pray that he's safe and find out as much as possible..."
"You're right," said Luigi. She was always right.

Luigi wanted to speak more with E. Gadd, but the unbearable thought that his brother and everyone at the party could be in danger was too much for him. King Boo and Boolossus were already roaming around in there, and more angry Portrait Ghosts certainly wouldn't make things better.
"We have to go back," said Luigi. "We can figure this all out later, but right now... we have to go back."

Daisy and E. Gadd looked at one another. It was hard to argue with him. "Alright," said E. Gadd, "though I must say, a recent discovery I made concerning the Ghost Portrificationizer is that ghosts trapped within paintings tend to build up huge amounts of rage over time. If they happen to be released once, they likely surpress their rage and continue to haunt like normal, but if they get cooped up in a painting twice... that rage comes back with more reproducing at an astonishing rate. If these Portrait Ghosts escape, they will not be happy. You'd be surprised what power rage can give to a ghost..."

Luigi shuddered at the thought. All these Portrait Ghosts, with the exception of King Boo, had all been trapped in paintings two times in the past, and were now filled to the brim with vengeance. Perhaps King Boo knew this... had he freed them deliberately to harness this power of rage?

Luigi had no time think. "We'll take out chances. C'mon!"
Daisy looked scared, but ready. "OK, but please be careful Luigi..."
With that, the three of them ran out into the woods and began to 10-minute run back towards Luigi's Mansion...
Mario had placed the Poltergust 3000 on the Parlor table and was examining it thouroughly. He had remembered Luigi using this vacuum to beat King Boo and his legion of Boos, as well as E. Gadd's Portrait Ghosts. Maybe looking at it had given Luigi horrible memories? Mario still didn't quite understand why Luigi had seemed so scared upon seeing it.

Peach walked in and sat by Mario. "Mario... you've been acting strange all night. You were gone for nearly 20 minutes at one point, then you went straight up and talked to Luigi, and now you're in here looking at some vacuum cleaner like a detective. What's going on?"
"I can't talk right now Peach. I'm busy," Mario said, not even looking up.
Peach stamped her foot. "Mario, if this is about our marriage, then please tell me!"
"It has nothing to do with that. Why would it?"
"Well I don't know. You ran off right when my favorite romantic song came on, and since then all you've been doing is worrying about Luigi. I understand why you would worry about him considering all he's just been through - and what he's going through now with Daisy and all - but still... I'm here too."
Mario looked up. "Who told you Luigi was in love with Daisy?"

Luigi told me. A long time ago."
Mario laughed. "So he's told everybody but her, eh?"
Peach laughed too. "I think so, though I do think she suspects it. Though... she might not want to believe it, since people are sometimes scared to hear the things that they want to hear the most..."

But Mario wasn't listening. He found a small twist cap on top of the vacuum and was busy twisting if off. Once he removed it, he peered inside with one eye. It was all dark inside. That was odd, since he suspected to see the color of the bag texture inside...
But out of the darkness came an angry yellow eye that glared back at him.
Mario jumped back in surprise, but didn't put the cap back on.

"What was that?" asked Peach.
"Nothing..." said Mario. "Umm... listen, I really should work in private, so if you don't mind, I'm gonna walk on over to the Study and continue in there. Bye."
With that Mario got up and walked towards the door. Peach stood up. She was absolutely furious. "So you'd rather look at some stupid vacuum than spend some time with me?! Some husband you are!!"
But he was already gone.
Peach sat back down and began to tear up. Who was that man and what had he done with her darling husband...?

~~~

Luigi, Daisy and E. Gadd arrived at the mansion's front door. Luigi was about to ring the doorbell when Daisy stopped him. "Wait Luigi, are you sure you don't want to go in sorta unnoticed? After all, Professor E. Gadd isn't here for the party..."
E. Gadd laughed. "Pssh! Of course I am! I still gotta a few good moves I remember from the 40's!"
"Yeah, but we have King Boo and all the ghosts to deal with first." said Luigi.
"I know!" said E. Gadd, "but can't we have a little fun first?"
"How about last?"
"OK fine..."


Luigi decided Daisy was right. "The more secret we keep E. Gadd's presence, the more likely we'll be able to stay on the job."
"Well fine," said E. Gadd sarcastically, "I can see you're too COOL to be seen with an old kook like me!"
Daisy laughed. "Yeah, it's too bad really. You'd be the life of the party!"

The three of them circled the mansion, checking to see if there were any unlocked windows. They searched every window that they could on the bottom floor, until they finally came across one that was unlocked. Luigi peeked in, but it was too dark to see
exactly what room it was. "C'mon guys," said Luigi. He slowly pushed the window open and began to crawl in. Daisy followed closely behind.
But E. Gadd was staring up at the sky. Storm clouds were swirling overhead. Their movement was so unnatural...
"Somethin' bad's a-brewin' here..." said E. Gadd. "I can sense it..."
"Well worse things will start to happen if we don't hurry!" said Luigi. E. Gadd nodded and hopped his tiny frame onto the window sill. Once all three of them were inside, the wind blew the window shut.

The three were left standing in a dark silent room. Luigi squinted to see in the darkness. He felt around until his gloves touched something big. It felt sort of like a cage, but it was open on the top. "Sort of like a crib..." he thought.
A crib...
"We're in the nursery guys," he said.
"The same nursery where you fought Chauncey?" said E. Gadd. Daisy nudged him, urging him to be quiet.

Luigi used the crib as a guide to find the door, or at least the light switch. But as he stood over the crib, he felt a cool chill. It made him shiver, but only partly because of the cold...

"So," said E. Gadd, "If we're in the nursery, then the Parlor where Mario is should be just outside this hallway."
"Yeah," said Luigi. "And speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask you - why on earth did you build my new house to the exact same layout as the haunted mansion?"
E. Gadd was silent for a long time, until Luigi finally heard him sigh. "OK Luigi, I have a confession to make..."
Luigi stopped snooping around for the light switch and simply stood and listened. He fully expected to say that he did it to make King Boo and the Portrait Ghosts feel more comfortable while they took revenge upon Luigi. It was the only explanation Luigi could think of...

"Luigi, I didn't build this house..."

"WHAT?!" Luigi and Daisy said in unison. Luigi's entire hypothesis immediately went down the drain. "What do you mean? Who built-?"

"Allow me to explain," said E. Gadd. "This house... has been standing for nearly 70 years. They say it was originally owned by a cruel, greedy man named Voltaire Mortegarth. He was so rich he had sixteen royal servants do almost everything for him. However, they all hated him with a passion, so much so that one of them, Leonard Rioma, revolted against him. Voltaire was so vain he hardly believed a lowlife like Leonard could influence him, but his ignorance got the best of him. Leonard managed to sieze all of Voltaire's wealth, including his pride and joy - his mansion. It left Voltaire so enraged that he vowed to get back at Leonard at all costs before promptly commiting suicide on the mansion's porch. Out of respect for his old boss, Leonard buried the body within the depths of the mansion, and continued to live there peacefully for five years...

before unknown circumstances caused him to go crazy. No one knows what happened - some say it was something to do with the mansion itself. Either way, Leonard ran away from there. Where they went and how he continued his living remains but a mystery, but legend has it that Leonard returned to the house as an old man and and died inside. Niether his body nor Voltaire's body was never found. All I know is that this house has been empty ever since..."

Luigi and Daisy stood silently and listened to the tale all the way to the end. Luigi couldn't believe it. "So... if that's true, then... King Boo..."
"Yup," said E. Gadd, "I didn't build this house based on the haunted mansion. King Boo built that house to the layout of this one..."
"But why this house? What's his connection to ths mansion?"
"I never found out..." said E. Gadd.
"And speaking of which, how do YOU know about this mansion?"
"...When you plan on capturing a ghost, its best to learn as much about the haunting ground's past as possible..."
"Wait... you captured a ghost here? Which one?"
"Boolossus..."

Luigi closed his eyes and shook his head. "No no no... none of this adds up! None of this makes any SENSE!!" Daisy tried to calm him down, but he threw her arms off of him. "Professor, you told me you BUILT this house! Why?!"
"Well, I was afraid if I'd told you how old this house was, I'd have to tell you its history. And if I told you its history... Luigi, I fear the ghosts of Leonard and Voltaire may still haunt this place. I knew you couldn't stand living in a potentially haunted house, so I tried to cover up the story by saying the house was brand new. I only used your treasure to redo the interior and make it appear so..."

Luigi put his hand over his face and sighed. It seemed that with every question that was answered, another popped up...

It was far too much to think about. Luigi merely continued forward through the door. "C'mon guys, let's go make sure Mario's OK..."
No one said a word while the three walked to the Parlor. However, they found it to be empty. Luigi couldn't help the wave of anxiety that swept over him.
"He must be downstairs at the party," said Daisy.
"Now hold it," said E. Gadd. "Luigi, you kept the GameBoy Horror I gave to you, right?"
"Yeah," said Luigi, "but I think I left it in the Billiard's Room somewhere..."
"Well it has a function that can locate the Poltergust 3000 anywhere, anytime. If Mario has it, then we can use that feature to find him. Fancy going to get it?"

Luigi scrathed his chin.

"Hmmm..." said Luigi. "I dunno. Maybe we should just check the party and-"
"Oh, c'mon! Let's get the GameBoy Horror!" said E. Gadd, excitedly running down the
stairs. Luigi and Daisy looked at one another and shrugged. They followed him down.

The three walked through the hallway past the ballroom door where the party was supposed to be taking place. As they passed, Daisy kept her ears open for sounds of the party. But she didn't hear anything. Maybe the party had finally settled down...?
And why were all the lights off? She had just realized that the every room they'd walked into since they returned was off. She didn't even see any light seeping out from under the ballroom door into the dark hallway. Just... dark.
Evidently, Luigi had noticed it too. He looked around in the dark nervously.

E. Gadd eventually led them to the Billiard's Room. The three walked in, and found that this room, too, was dark and empty. Luigi felt around for the light switch, but he couldn't seem to find it.

E. Gadd had barely begun searching for the GameBoy Horror when he saw something sitting at the chess table in the southeast corner. He immediately froze. "Nobody move..." he warned. Luigi and Daisy obeyed. E. Gadd moved closer to whoever it was that was sitting at the chess table. Whoever it was, they were sitting with their back facing them. E Gadd stopped for a second - them leapt forward. "Whoareyouandwhatareyoudoinghere!" he yelled. The seated person screamed and nearly fell out of their chair. It was most definitely a woman's scream.

"Peach?!" cried Daisy. She ran up to the table up to her. Luigi followed. Peach turned around and looked at E Gadd, who looked quite embarrased. She then looked at Luigi and Daisy, as though wondering for a second why the three of them were together. She finally spoke... "Who the heck is this nutcase?"
Luigi cleard his throat. "Umm... Peach, this is Professor E Gadd. He's, err... an old friend of mine."
"Nice to meet you Peach," he said, shaking her hand. "Sorry about that. For a second there I thought you were a gho-"
Luigi punched E Gadd in the arm, urging him to be quiet.
"Oh, well... nice to meet you too, Mr. E Gadd. You have quite a way of greeting people!"
E Gadd laughed. "Well hey! Luigi never told me he was acquainted with such beautiful ladies!"
Both Peach and Daisy giggled and looked up at Luigi. He looked at E Gadd, a little annoyed.

Daisy hadn't lost her nerve, though. "Peach, have you seen Mario? He has something that we really need to get our hands on..."
"Yeah," said Peach. "He was examining that vacuum cleaner that was delivered like a total fool. I tried to talk to him, but se seemed so intent on studying that thing that he walked out on me. He went into the Study, so I decided to go over and follow him, but once I was outside the door, I stopped. It just didn't seem worth it. So that's when I decided to just come into the Billiard's Room and sit here by myself..."
"So he's in the Study?" asked E Gadd.
"Well, he was, but that man's been all over the place tonight. Who knows?"

Hey Peach, did you happen to notice anything strange about that vacuum?" asked Luigi.
"What's everyone's deal with this stupid vacuum?! Though... actually, I do seem to remember Mario taking off some twist cap, looking inside of it, and then jumping back like something inside tried to bite him. And then when I was outside the Study, I heard some wierd noises coming from behind the door... but, I don't think any of those things are real important..."

E Gadd looked up at the dark ceiling lamp. "Say Peach...
do you know who turned off all the lights?"
"Why no. A little after I walked in here and sat down, the lights just went off... Why? W-what does that mean?"
E Gadd suddenly seemed nervous. "C'mon guys, we have to find that GameBoy Horror quick. Everyone look around!"

Everyone immediately began to search for the GameBoy Horror. Even Peach, even though she didn't exactly know what she was looking for. They searched for no more than a minute when Daisy called out, "I found it!"
It was in one of the small brown drawers on the left hand wall, which was right next to some pool sticks laying against the wall and beneath a dartboard. Daisy held the little device up triumphantly. Luigi smiled.

But he suddenly froze when he heard a loud *clunk*. It sounded like something small and hard had just been dropped onto the floor... Luigi listened. It sounded as if something was rolling along the wooden floorboards. It seemed that he was the only one that heard whatever it was he was hearing...
Luigi dropped onto the gorund and looked beneath the pool table...

The 8 ball.
It was rolling on its own...
Right towards Daisy!

Luigi wasn't sure what this 8 ball was planning to do to her, but it couldn't be good. And he couldn't let it happen.
.

Luigi would've tried to stop the 8 ball, but it was moving faster than he could craw under the table after it. Besides, even if he could somehow catch, he'd be afraid to. What was moving that ball?

Luigi did the only thing he could think of. ``Daisy! MOVE!!!''

It reminded Luigi of Slim Bankshot holding his pool stick...

Luigi shook his head. No. Slim Bankshot wasn't free. He hadn't tried to kill Daisy. The Portrait Ghosts were still trapped inside the Poltergust 3000...
Luigi looked back. The bluish mist had disappeared.
Luigi immediately dismissed it and walked back out into the hallway. There was no way the ghosts had been freed already. No way...

Luigi met E Gadd in the hall. ``Luigi... should we head for the study now?''
``OK, but where are Peach and Daisy?''
``I think they went into the conservatory...''
Luigi suddenly remembered the ghost Melody and became a little scared, but then reminded himself that there was nothing to be afraid of...
``Luigi, maybe you should talk to her...'' said E Gadd...
Luigi wasn't sure. What should he do?
I'm actually quite surprised that B won, but ok.

Despite how much Luigi desperately wanted to talk to Daisy and apologize to her, the apparition he'd seen in the Billiard's Room really had him worried. He needed to make sure the ghosts were still within the Poltergust 3000 and that Mario was safe. He could talk to Daisy immediately afterward, but the Poltergust 3000 couldn't wait any longer.

``C'mon professor,'' said Luigi. ``We have to go see Mario as soon as possible. I need to make sure everything's ok.''
E Gadd looked up at him. ``Ok, but let's be quick.''

As the two ran through the eerily dark and silent hallway, Luigi asked, ``Professor, do you think Daisy was angry at me?''
``I think she was just really scared. Most people would be after narrowly escaping being rained on by darts.''
``...Ya think I should've talked to her? You know, apologized for not taking action?''
``It might have been a good idea, though it is kind of late now...''
''Yeah, you're right...'' said Luigi unhappily. ``But that's not our main concern right now...''

The duo ran up the Foyer steps, through the door, into the hallway, and stoped outside the Study door. Luigi checked his GameBoy Horror radar. Indeed, the Poltergust 3000 was beyond that door.
Hopefully, Mario was too.
Luigi nervously gripped the door handle...
Shut his eyes...
And threw open the door.

Luigi and E Gadd stared in the room in fear. The room was empty.
They slowly walked in. ``M-mario?'' Luigi asked nervously. ``Are you in here? Oh god, please tell me you're in here...''

book do? Well, considering what the spinning wheel and 8 ball had done, Luigi and E Gadd weren't sure they wanted to know...

What should they do?

*Write a strategy to help them escape! Be sure to use the resources in the room to help them. Remember, without the Poltergust 3000, they ghosts are invincible!*
You're welcome to those who thanked me for writing the MM Story. In fact, I have the FSA Story saved onto my dad's comp, but I will only have access to it tonight and tomorrow night. If you're interested in it, please let me know soon. Otherwise, it'll be two more weeks before I can get to my dad's comp again.

Anyhoo, I appreciate everyone's input, but I believe viewtifullink's strategy wins this time. But 12 sugar cookies to everyone who participated!


Neville's eyes flashed red with anger as he opened up the book in his hand and ripped out a few pages. What was he planning to do? Luigi and E Gadd wondered. Neville then held up the pages and threw them like ninja stars. Luigi and E Gadd jumped back out of their way, and watch as they shredded through the chair behind the desk and sliced it into several pieces.
"Dang," said E Gadd, "That oughtta deliver a hell of a paper cut..."
"Professor," Luigi pleaded, "What are we gonna do! Without the Poltergust 3000, we can't do anything to-!"
That was the last he could say before ducking down and dodging another set of ultra-sharp pages which shaved off the corner of the desk.

From his position, Luigi spotted the cover of the book Neville was reading...
"Johnny Tremain"

"Ugh," said Luigi. "No wonder Neville has no problem ripping out the pages and risking getting blood all over them. This guy's gotta get a better book to read..."
E Gadd snapped his fingers. "That's IT! Luigi, you're a genius!"
"I am?!"
"Yes! You see, no matter how vengeful a ghost becomes, that rage can never overpower the reason why a ghost stays on earth even after death!"
"I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that..."
"His unfinished BUSINESS! All ghosts have unfinished business! That's why they don't cross over!"
"Oh... so?"
"SO... Neville's reason for remaining on earth was to finish all the good books in his library! If we can just find him a better book, he'll likely revert back to his usual reading state!"
"Oh..." said Luigi.
"OK, so let's just mozey on over to the bookshelves and have a look..."
"Umm... E Gadd?"

Yeah?"
"Neville is, like, 2 inches in front of your face."

E Gadd looked away from Luigi at the angry mustached face in front of him. Neville raised the book, which was partway open with razor sharp pages sticking out, and swung across. Luigi pulled E Gadd backwards at the last second. Otherwise, the pages sticking out of the book would've easily slashed through E Gadd's throat. "C'mon! Let's hurry!"
Luigi and E Gadd bolted towards the bookshelf and began the mad hunt for a good book. Luigi was having some difficulty. "Little Women? No... Scarlett Letter? No good... Biography of Whoopi Goldberg? Where the hell does he find these..."

Luigi ducked down to avoid a mad swipe from Neville. It slashed the spines of all the books Luigi had been looking through. He proceeded to search through the books on the bottom shelf.

"HEY!" he heard E Gadd call. "Is Antigone a good book!?"
"To old!" Luigi answered.
"How about Moby Dick?"
"Too long!"
"How about this, ummm... 'Wind Waker Interactive Story' by KholdstareV?"(my friend on gamefaq.com)
"Who the **** is that?!"
"I don't know..."
"Then it probably sucks! Keep looking!"

Luigi finally came across one that looked interesting. It had a picture of a Boy and a Dog on the front. It was called 'The Phantom Toolbooth'. Without much thought, Luigi whipped around with the book in his hand. E Gadd was busily searching when Neville was sneaking up behind him, holding a paper airplane that looked sharp enough to pierce through bone. He raised his arm, ready to throw it at the back of E Gadd's head...

"NEVILLE!" Luigi cried.
Neville turned and looked at him, his eyes flashing red.
"Umm... might I recommend this book?" asked Luigi, shutting his eyes.
Neville floated up to him and took the book in his hand. He looked at the cover, then read the back.
He then looked at the ruined Johnny Tremain book in his other hand. He dropped it.
"Thank you," he said. "That Johnny Tremain book was boring me to tears! But this one seems interesting enough..." With that, he floated back to his rocking chair and began to read. As he did, the evil glow in his eyes slowly faded.

E Gadd walked up to Luigi, the remains of the Poltergust 3000 in his hands. "It's totaled," he said. "She'll never work again..."
"So... it's unfixable?" Luigi asked, even though he pretty much already knew the answer.
"C'mon. Neville seems pretty interested in his book, so let's just leave quietly..."
The two walked out of the Study, leaving Neville behind with his good book.

They walked into the Foyer and stood on the steps. And it was now that they were safe that they now suddenly realized the situation they were in.
They were too late. The Portrait Ghosts were freed. Boolossus and King Boo were running the place. Luigi's Mansion was now filled with blood-thirsty spirits.
Their friends and loved ones were lost somewhere within the walls, and God knows whether or not they were alive or dead...

Luigi remembered what E Gadd had said about ghosts and their unfinished business. What would happen if this business was finished? Would they cross over and live in peace...?
With the Poltergust 3000 utterly destroyed, Luigi began to think. Perhaps helping these vengeful spirits reach their goals and cross over may be their only defsne against them. Maybe they could help all of the Portrait Ghosts finally find peace in heaven or hell...
Even King Boo...

But as Luigi stood, thinking, he suddenly remembered Daisy and Peach. They were in the conservatory, where the ghost pianist Melody Pianissima had resided in King Boo's ghost mansion. It made him worry that they could be in trouble even at that very moment...

What should he do?
Luigi wanted to ask E Gadd about possibly helping the ghosts cross over, but he thought of Daisy and Peach in the conservatory and it made him very nervous. Besides, E Gadd probably didn't care much about helping the ghosts cross over anyway, seeing as he felt the need to imprison them inside paintings for their entire afterlives...
"C'mon Professor," said Luigi, running down the steps. "Daisy and Peach might be in trouble. You did say they were in the conservatory, right?"
E Gadd began to run down the stairs after him. "Oh yeah, the conservatory where you captured Melody!"
"Yeah, that one..." said Luigi glumly.
"But all she does is play the piano. What can she possibly do?"
"Well, considering how much damage Neville can do with just a book, I really don't wanna find out..."

Luigi and E Gadd ran through the dark hallway towards the conservatory. As they ran by the door to the ballroom, Luigi took another glance to see if there was any light coming from underneath the door.
He saw none. The ballroom was pitch dark.
Now that he knew the Portrait Ghosts had been freed, he suddered to think about what may have happened to all the guests...

The duo burst through the door to the conservatory. This room, too, had gone dark. The whole house seemed dark. Perhaps the release of the ghosts had caused a blackout? Luigi felt around the wall for a light switch. He found none. It also seemed that every light switch in the house had simply disappeared...

They saw Daisy and Peach had each taken a seat on top of one of the three drums on the

northern side of the room. Daisy was looking down, almost as though she were in tears. Peach looked as though they were trying to console her. When they saw Luigi and E Gadd enter, they both looked up at them. Daisy, however, looked right back down again. Peach walked up to them.
"Luigi," said Peach sternly, "What's going on here?!"
"I don't have time to explain now..." he said, taking a nervous glance at Melody's piano chair. "This room isn't safe. We have to get out of here." He called over to Daisy. "Daisy! We have to get out of this room! Please, listen to me!"
Daisy looked up at him, her expression sad and angry at the same time. It broke Luigi's heart to see her look at him like that. She then looked back down again.
Luigi understood how she felt. Most people didn't handle near-death experiences too well. But the fact that he could have helped her... it made him feel terrible. "Listen Daisy, I'm so sorry I didn't-"

But before he could finish, he heard the door slam shut. He, E Gadd, and Peach all whipped around and looked. Even Daisy looked up, her eyes now wide with terror.

And then they heard a single piano key.
A soft, high-pitched piano key.
At any other time, it would have sounded beautiful, but now, it struck fear in all their hearts...

They heard another...
And another...
Until they heard the slow paced piano notes start to string together into a song...
A horrible song...
A song that brought thoughts of death to all their minds...

The song then began to play faster, and louder. As it continued to grow in intensity, Luigi felt a throbbing pain in his head. He looked over at E Gadd and Peach, who were right next to him. They too were succumbing to the horrible effects of the mysterious song.
Luigi then looked over at Daisy. She appeared ready to pass out from the extreme pain in her head. At that moment, Luigi forgot all about his own pain and approached her. As he did, he looked at the piano chair...
And saw Melody sitting in the chair, pounding on the keys like a madwoman, her eyes glowing red like fire. She looked at Luigi and let out a horrible laugh.

At that moment, Luigi looked back at Daisy. Her pain must have been unbearable. When Luigi was only a few feet from her, he reached out his hand, hoping to help her, somehow...
But he soon felt on the verge of faint. The evil melody pounded in the back of his skull with such intensity. He finally lost it and toppled forward. His outstretched hand missed Daisy and instead landed ard on the drum next to the one she sat on...
*BUUUMMM!*

At that moment, the evil song stopped. Sweat on his face, Luigi looked back at Melody.

The red glow in her eyes had dimmed, and she stared into space as though the drum beat had awakened something within her.
Luigi then remembered how when Luigi showed Neville started reading the Phantom Tollbooth and the glow in his eyes had receded as well...
Could the drum beat have been the key to Melody's crossing over...?

Luigi looked around the room. There were 3 drums, a xylophone, a harp, a cello, and a saxophone. Daisy, Peach and E Gadd seemed to have recovered as well. Maybe they could put on a preformance? It seemed as though that's what Melody was wating for...

*Who should play what? Remember, there are 4 people and 7 instruments, so use your imagination and find out how they can play all 7 at once! Melody's waiting! :O*
Will everyone just get a grip here!? We've gone through nearly 2-and-a-half pages of posts since the last part of the story, and nearly half of that was absolutely useless crap. Seriously, this is ridiculous...
If you guys want to talk about mailing each other Interactive Stories, then PLEASE do so on the Discussion Topic. Hell, anything not related to the story or voting is to be done on the Discussion Topic! I thought I made that very clear, but after seeing how foolish everyone is acting, I guess I better remind you once more - This topic is for the story and voting ONLY! All other business is to done on the DISCUSSION TOPIC!!!
I'm especially disappointed in you, munchkip. I thought you knew better than to answer to any of _H_I_'s bullcrap. _H_I_, you're no better. I've said that the vote limit has been removed already, and I've said that if you wanted the FSA Story, you should've asked me on Tuesday or earlier. Please read before making ignorant comments like that. Go somewhere else if you want to act stupid, both of you, and anyone else who felt the need to say anything aother than what this topic is meant for!!!
For goodness sake... -_-
I really hope I don't have to bring the post-limit back into effect, but if this nonsense continues, I may have to.
And I don't want ANY apologies, so long as they are included with your vote. Otherwise, I will see it as a mere waste of space and I will become angry again.
I apologize for acting mean, because I'm really not, but when it comes to my stories, I take my business seriously.

OK, that's all.
On with the story...
Gotta go with viewtifullink's again. This guy really puts effort into his strategies. Well done. C:

Luigi could see Melody's angry eyes suddenly begin to glow red again. He knew he had to organize this symphany quick.
He ran over to the saxophone and picked it up. He then jumped on top of the drums and began to dance upon them. He wasn't sure he was making a great sound, but at least he had rhythm. Melody seemed to have picked up on this rhythm and began to play the Mario Theme, just as she had done before.
'E Gadd, go grab the cello," he said. E Gadd obeyed and ran over to it. "Peach, try the

xylophone." She relucantly picked up the sticks and began to play it. "Daisy... wanna play the harp?" Daisy merely nodded and walked over.

Within minutes, the orchestra was in full swing. Luigi danced atop the drums, trying to keep a steady beat, while tooting on the sax. E Gadd was playing the cello surprisingly well, and while he may not have hit every right note, he had good rhythm. Peach seemed pretty clueless with her xylophone, and wasn't doing to good, but thankfully, the other instruments drowned out her performance. But Daisy... she was playing the harp like an angel. Luigi felt his heart go all aflutter with each harp string he heard her run her fingers across. All this was topped off by Melody's fine piano sonata.

But something wasn't right. Luigi had done this before,
but nothing was happening...
Something was missing...

From the top of the drums, Luigi looked around the room for an instrunment they perhaps missed...
And he spotted a triangle on the ground, next to Peach's foot.
"Peach!" he cried between sax notes, "Grab the triangle!"
Peach looked down and saw it. She dropped one of her xylophone sticks and picked the triangle up.
"Peach, right at the song's climax, hit it!"
"OK!" she called back, continuing to play the xylophone with one stick.

The song's climax was coming soon. Luigi was ready to call out...
*DOO Doo doo doo, Doo, doo Doo DOO, doo Doo DOO, DOO Doo...
"Now!" he yelled.
At that moment, Peach used the stick in her hand to strike the triangle.
*DOO!* *TING!*
At that moment, Melody rose from her chair. The evil red glow in her eyes had all but vanished. She held out her arms and looked towards the heavens. She closed her eyes... and within the blink of an eye, se disappeared into the sky with a flash of light.
Luigi knew it.
She had crossed over.

The four stopped playing their instruments and walked together into the middle of the room. "What just happened?" asked Peach.
Luigi was about to answer, but E Gadd beat him to it. "She has finished her unfinished business - playing a perfect performance of the Mario theme - and has no peacefully ascended to heaven..."
Daisy then looked at Luigi and E Gadd, a look of fear on her face. "But... if she was here, then that means... Mario..."
"He couldn't contain the ghosts. They escaped..." said Luigi glumly. "And I think that... the incident in the Billiards Room was a result..."
She gasped. "And what about all the guests?"
"They're gone..."








Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment