Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - luigi's mansion 2

i said this is the best story i have ever made well me and my friends just to tell you this maybe the long story on fac

Chapter 8 - luigi's mansion 2

Chapter 8 - luigi's mansion 2
                                        luigi's mansion 2
And Mario?"
E Gadd and Luigi looked at each other. Daisy had a feeling she knew what they were thinking - Mario was missing too.

"I still have no idea WHAT is going on here!" said Peach. "Daisy, you obviously do! Why didn't you tell me!"
"Well, I figured there was no need to so long as the ghosts weren't freed..."
"What ghosts!?"
Daisy told Peach the entire tale. Every single detail.

Peach was stunned. "My god... we're trapped in a mansion full of evil ghosts!? And all the guests are missing? And my Mario... where is he?!"
"We don't know," said Luigi. "We just have to stick together and find everyone."
"But what about the ghosts?! How do we know they haven't just killed everyone yet?"
"We just have to pray..."
"And what do we do after we escape? Just leave the ghosts here? They'll probably just follow us wherever we go until we're dead!!"

Luigi suddenly realized that Peach was right. No matter where they went, the ghosts would follow. King Boo... he would never cease his hunt for Luigi until he was dead. Luigi knew it...
But Luigi then cracked a grin.
"Not unless we help them all cross over..."
"Like Melody?" asked Peach.
"Yeah, just like her."
"So... we just need to learn every ghosts unfinished business and help them finish it!"
"Exactly!"

Peach then thought a bit. "Though, I do wonder what King Boo's unfinished business could be..."
Luigi thought about that too. What might be the unfinished business of king of all Boos be? He stole a quick glance at E Gadd, who looked as though he knew the answer, and it wasn't good.

E Gadd finally spoke. "OK team, let's split up. It will increase our chances of finding any missing guests!"
"And any ghosts that need help crossing over!" Luigi finished.
"Yeah, that too..." said E Gadd, though there was a certain sorrow in his voice when he said it...

"Umm... OK!" so how should we split up?"

*How should they split up? 2 groups of 2? A group of 3 and one solo? Who should be on which team? Hurry! The guests are in danger!*
It's ok HL and munchkip, you're forgiven. C:
I think you both (and a few others) suggested Luigi and Daisy be a team, and E Gadd
Peach be a team. I think that's the best, so I'll use it.

Luigi looked over at Daisy, who still looked rather upset. He really needed to talk to her. "Daisy and I can go together."
"OK," said E Gadd. "So I guess Peach and I will be a team. Hows about we check the second floor and you two check the first?"
"OK, said Luigi.

E Gadd walked towards the conservatory door, with Peach behind him. "Wait," said Peach. "If we do happen to find someone, we should all meet somewhere."
"Godd thinkin," said E Gadd, "Let's see... I say in precisely one hour, we all meet in the..."
"Foyer," said Luigi. "It's the only safe room in the mansion."
"Yeah, the Foyer," said E Gadd. "OK, c'mon miss Peach, let's get going!"
"OK..." said Peach, who looked absolutely frightened.
Within a few seoncds, the two were out the door.

"I hope everyone's OK..." said Luigi.
"Me too..." said Daisy.
Luigi looked at her with a faint smile. "You, um... you play the harp really good."
Daisy smiled a little back. "Thanks. It's my favorite instrument. It just sounds so beautiful, doesn't it?"
"Yeah..." said Luigi, and under his breath said "...just like you."
"Hmm?" Daisy asked.
"Wha-? I didn't say anything..." Luigi managed to say.
"Oh..." said Daisy, though she gave a look as though she had a suspicion about what he said.

A serious look came across Luigi's face. "Listen Daisy, about what happened in the Billiard's Room, I-"
But Daisy stopped him. "It's ok Luigi. I was just... scared, that's all..."
After a few seconds of silence, Daisy approached him and put her arms around him. He put his around her. "Luigi, I'm scared..."
"Me too," said Luigi. "Me too... We all are. But we have to be brave. Our friends are more scared than we are, because they don't understand at all what's happening..."
"But neither do we," said Daisy, releasing him. "There's still so much we don't know..."'
"I know," said Luigi. "But solving every little mystery isn't important right now. We just need to get everyone out of here..."
"No Luigi..." said Daisy seriously. She then put her face in close to his and smiled slyly. "Let's leave the rescuing to E Gadd and Peach. WE... are gonna solve this mystery..."

Normally, Luigi would've objected, but something about the way Daisy said it was so convincing...
"OK, let's do it!" Luigi exclaimed.
The two smiled and walked out of the conservatory into the hallway...
Luigi and Daisy walked into the Foyer, for as they said earlier, it was the only safe abode in the mansion. "OK," said Daisy. "Let's first jot down a list of questions that still need to be answered."
"OK," said Luigi, pulling a crumpled napkin out of his pocket. "Got a pencil?"
"Got a pen," she said in a rather flirtacious manner. She pulled a pen out of her pocket and handed it to him. The two began to discuss the events of the past and present. Of the people, places and things involved. Of virtually everything that could've possibly shared a connection to what was going on...

...And in a matter of minutes, Luigi had written down a list of questions that needed to be answered at all costs...

1. Who freed King Boo from his painting, and why?
2. How did the ghosts escape from the Poltergust 3000? Did they break free, or did an external force help them escape?
3. What is King Boo's connection to this mansion? Boolossus' connection to this mansion? King Boo's connection to Boolossus?
4. Why did King Boo build a replica of this mansion in front of E Gadd's labratory and captured all of his Portrait Ghosts?
5. King Boo had tried to lead Mario and I into a trap in his ghost mansion, and he now plans to kill us here, despite the fact that we've never met him. Why? What is his grudge against us?
6. Why had Mario been acting so strange all night? Where did he go after the Poltergust 3000 broke?
7. Does the story of Leonard Rioma and Voltaire Mortegarth have any significance?

Luigi and Daisy studied the list intently. They pondered over what soucres they could use to answer these questions.
"Well," said Luigi, "If we happen to find Mario, I'm sure he could help us answer question 6."
"And considering these Leonard and Voltaire guys both lived and died in this house," reasoned Daisy, "There has to be some sort of record they left behind to help us answer number 7."
"As for all the other questions..." said Luigi.
Daisy looked a little hopeless. "...Hopefully some asnwers will lead to other answers."
"Or, if we could somehow have a chat with King Boo..."
Daisy thought a bit. "If we did somehow get that opportunity, we'd best take advantage of it."
"Alright then Daisy, I say we search the mansion for either Mario or a record of Leonard or Voltaire. Whichever we find first, it doesn't matter!"
"OK, let's go!" said Daisy. "But first, let's check the ballroom to see if anyone is still there..."

With that, the two headed towards the ballroom, their minds reeling with possibilites of what may have happened in the mansion's mysterious past... as well as what may have been happening within at that very moment...

Toad rubbed his head. How he had ended up in this room full of gym equipment was anyone's guess. He remembered that two floating figures had caused an uproar in the ballroom, and that a chandelier had fallen and killed someone. And now... he was here.
He had been hanging with Yoshi at the time. But Yoshi was nowhere to be found.

He got up and felt a pain in his left leg. He found an exercise bike had been overturned and fallen onto his leg. He fought the pain and tried to walk towards the door. "Some party..." he told himself. "What the hell kinda practical joke is Luigi pulling here...?" He didn't know why, but something was telling him that this was far more than a prank...

"Y-yoshi..."
Toad jumped. Was that Yoshi?! No, it couldn't be. Yoshi always sounded so happy, but that sounded... scared.
"Y-yoshi...!"
Toad looked in the corner where he heard the voice. Yoshi sat there, staring at the center of the room at the huge barbell. "Yoshi, are you ok!?" Toad asked, running over to him."
Yoshi knew Toad was there, but he didn't look up at him. His eyes were fixed on the barebell. "Yoooshi..."
"Wha- what it it? What's wrong?" Toad asked, getting more scared by the second.

He then slowly looked over at the spot where Yoshi was looking...
"YOSHI!!!" Yoshi screamed as he grabbed Toad and jumped out of the way of the huge barbell that came sailing at them. It narrowly missed, smashing against the wall with a huge CRASH!!!
"What the hell was THAT?!" Toad screamed. He looked in the center of the room and saw the biggest, buffest man he'd ever seen.
And he was floating two feet off the ground.
"Oh my god..." said Toad. "It's a freakin' ghost!!"

"YOSHI!" Yoshi ran towards the ghost and lashed his tongue out. It went right through him, but Yoshi didn't give up. He dodged a mighty punch and proceeded to try and kick him from behind. No luck.
"Yoshi, get out of there! It's no use! You're just going right through- YAAAGGHHH!!!"
The ghost was coming right at him, his muscles bulging and his eyes red like fire. He picked up two dumbells and chucked them. Toad closed his eyes, but just as they were about to smash his face in, a long red tongue lashed onto them and flinged them back in

the ghost's face. The ghost staggered back in pain. The dumbells appeared to have hurt him.

"Yeah! Nice one Yoshi!" Toad yelled, but not before screaming again, for the ghost was going for him again! The ghost reaed his fist back for a punch, but Toad felt a red tongue wrap around his body. He was then flung up into the air - onto Yoshi's back!
"YOSHI!" Yoshi cried.
"Nice one, Yoshi! I always knew you were the coolest!"

And so, Yoshi ran around the room, dodging the blows of the crazed ghost. Toad would pick up dumbells and weights and every piece of equipment he could find to chuck at the ghost and make him hold back, but nothing did.

But Toad then noticed something - the only objects the ghost was able to make contact with was the gym equipment. Maybe they could use this to their advantage...
"Yoshi, can you grab that huge barbell over there?"
"YOSHI!"

Yoshi lashed out his tongue and grabbed the huge barbell that the ghost had thrown earlier. He was waiting for Toad's signal to throw it on top of the ghost...
As the ghost drew closer, he stared t Toad through firey red eyes...
"Hey sucker!" Toad cried, "Suck on THIS!!!"
With that, he did a stylish jump off of Yoshi and kicked a nearby punching bag into the ghost's face! The blow threw the ghost back and onto the floor. "NOW" cried Toad.
"YOSHI!" With that, Yoshi used every last muscle in his tongue to fling the barbell down hard on the ghost's chest. "OOOGGGFFF!!!" he exclaimed.

"OK Yoshi, let's put an IMPOSSIBLE amount of weight on this thing to hold him down!"
"YOSHI!"
The two ran back and forth, grabbing weights from every corner of the Rec Room and pytting them on each side of the barbell. Pretty soon, it was loaded to its fullest, and looked as heavy as a frickin' boulder. The ghost struggled to lift it off of his chest, but it didn't even budge.
"Nice work Yoshi," said Toad, giving him a high-five.
"Yoshi!" Yoshi said, returning the high-five.

But they then looked back at the ghost, and to their surprise - and horror - he was using all of his ghostly strength to actually LIFT the crazy amount of weight off of himself!
Toad and Yoshi were so shocked they couldn't say a word. They only watched as the burly ghost lifted the weight off of himself inch by inch...
Well, anyhoo, I think B wins this time...

The burly ghost would definitely be able to lift the weight off of him enough to escape in a matter of seconds. They didn't have time to rummage around for more weight.
Without a second thought, Toad leapt up, grabbed one side of the barbell, and struggled to pull it back down. "Grrrrggghhhh!!! I won't let you... lift this thing!" he shouted. Yoshi

The old man raised an eyebrow. "You beat up Biff Atlas? Yeah right."
"Wait... how'd you know his name was Biff Atlas? ...Who ARE you?!"
"Not important right now. Did you just help Biff cross over?"
"YOSHI!!!"
"Umm... I think he means 'yes'."

The old man closed his eyes and looked down sadly. Toad and Yoshi went up to Peach. "Yo Peach," Toad asked, "Why are you roaming around with this Goomnut?"
"That's Professor E Gadd. He's a ghost researcher. Didn't Luigi tell you?"
"No... but how does he know Biff? Does he have something to do with that guy coming in here and trying to kill us?!"

Peach explained everything. She tried to recall everything she remembered from when Luigi, Daisy, and E Gadd told her the tale. Yoshi and Toad listened the who;e way through.
"Yoshi..." Yoshi replied.
"Damn... that's one tripped out story," said Toad.
"Tell me about it," said Peach. "Right now, we're only worried about saving everyone. Do you know where any of the other guests are?"
"You're guesses are as good as ours, Princess. Sorry..."
"YOSHI!!!"
"Hmmm? Oh, yeah! Yoshi's a great scouter! He can help us find everyone, no prob!"
"Oh, wonderful!" exclaimed Peach. She was so delighted that she might now be able to find Mario, wherever he went...

"Say, Peach, you said Luigi and Daisy went off on their own?"
"Yeah."
"Heh, well, let's hope Luigi finally works up the guts to tell Daisy how he feels, eh? EH?"

Toad, Yoshi and Peach went up to E Gadd. "Sorry for being rude," said Toad. "Hi, I'm Toad. This is Yoshi."
"YOSHI!!!"
"Yes, Luigi told me about you two. Says you're quite the kart drivers! Nice to meet you. I'm Professor E Gadd."
"Well met, Mr Gadd. So, about this whole crossing over business... can you explain it to us? You know, so we can help all the evil ghosts in the mansion pass on?"
E Gadd was hesitant, but agreed. "...OK, we'll talk on the way. W need to get going and get everyone out safe. As for Luigi and Daisy, I hope their safe..."

*From who's viewpoint should the story be told THIS time?*
Luigi and Daisy wondered where they might be able to find King Boo, or a record left behind buy either Leonard Rioma or Voltaire Mortegarth. "Well, you explored King Boo's ghost mansion," Daisy said to Luigi. "Any ideas?"
Luigi thought a bit. Where had he first meet King Boo...?
The storage room!
"Ah yes, I remember in King Boo's mansion, I first let the Boos free oin the storage
room. King Boo, too. That's where I first saw him."
"OK, let's check it out!" said Daisy.
"Oh, and as I think you know already, it's connected to the ballroom, so let's check and see if anyone's left there on the way."
"OK..."

The two walked to the ballroom door and opened in.
The room was empty...
The two large circular pads on the ground where spinning slowly, and an etheral green cloud floating around the room...
"The Floating Whirlindas..." Luigi said.
"Oh, yeah, you told me about them. The dancing couple?"
"Yeah. Looks like they scared everyone out..."
"Wait, Luigi, what happened over there?!"

In the middle of one of the spinning tiles, there lay the remains of a fallen chandelier. Luigi had a bad feeling that the Floating Whirlindas had made sure someone was crushed beneath it...

Ignoring the green mist that floated nearby, Luigi ran up to the chandelier's remains. Daisy followed behind closely. He inspected it, praying that no one was underneath...
Until he saw a small, pudgy white hand oustretched from beneath the rubble...
"Mallow..." Luigi said sadly. "I hardly knew you, man..."

Daisy spotted someone huddled in the corner. It looked like a little man dressed in a blue wizard suit. He stared through wide, teary eyes at the hand reaching out from under the smashed chandelier. "H-hello," Daisy said, approaching slowly. "Don't worry, everything's gonna be OK..."
The man said nothing, his eyes still wide, and shook his head slowly.
Luigi walked up. "Geno? Are you ok? What happened here?!"
Geno trembled a bit, but managed to speak. "That... cloud. Those two dancers... They... killed Mallow."
Luigi looked at the floating cloud caused by the dancing couple, still shifting around lazily. He didn't have time to explain the entire story. "Geno, listen to me. I need for you to go to the Foyer and stay there. Princess Peach and my friend Professor E Gadd will eventually meet up with you. Can you do that for me?"

Geno seemed as though he heard what Luigi said, but was still in shock over the sight before him. "Mallow..."
"Mallow will be OK, trust me."
Geno looked at him in disbelief, but realized Luigi obviously knew what was going on more than he did.
Without another word, he ran out the door towards the Foyer.
"I hope he's OK..." said Daisy.
"Me too," said Luigi, "But let's hirry over to the storage room before the Whirlindas do anything rash."





Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Mattkur on July 27, 2006, 5:43:30 AM

Mattkur on
MattkurGood story! Could you add Magikoopa?