Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - luigi mansion 2 the end of the story

i said this is the best story i have ever made well me and my friends just to tell you this maybe the long story on fac

Chapter 9 - luigi mansion 2 the end of the story

Chapter 9 - luigi mansion 2 the end of the story
                                luigi mansion 2
And with that, the two ran through the storage room door.

Once inside, Luigi instinctively felt around for the light switch, but then remembered - King Boo had made them all disappear. "Crap," he muttered.
"Luigi, what's that?" Daisy pointed to a button on the wall. Luigi remembered this. He pressed it, and the west wall jerked, shook, and slowly moved all the way back, revealing the second half of the room. Luigi saw the grate and poster that he remembered. He ripped the poster off the wall. Beneath, as he suspected, was another button. He pressed it, and the grate flew open. Luigi half expected a mob of angry Boos to fly out, but nothing did. In fact, he began to wonder if anything was down there...

Daisy was curious too. She stepped close, and peered into the blackness. "I can't see anything, but I feel a draft. There's definitely a room down there..."
Luigi began to feel scared. "Daisy, be careful..."
But Daisy kneeled down and stepped in closer.
"Daisy, no!"
But at that moment, an invisible hand grabbed Daisy's dress and pulled her headfirst into the hole!
"DAISY!!!"
"LUIGIIII......"
Without any thoughts, Luigi leapt into the hole, unknowing how far into the dark he would fall...

To his surprise, he found he only fell about twenty feet or so before landing on a pile of what felt like an old mattress. Daisy was there too, but he couldn't see her. "Daisy, where are you?"
"I'm right here."
"Where?"
"I think I'm right next to you..."
Luigi felt around. "But it's so dark. I can't see yo-"
But he stopped when he felt his hand touch Daisy's cheek. It made his heart skip. "Oh, heh. There you are."
"Luigi... where are we? You've been in here, right?"
"No, I have no clue what this place is. It's too dark. I think we should wait for our eyes to adjust to the darkness before exploring..."
"OK, and Luigi... you can take your hand off my cheek now."
Luigi pulled his hand off, embarrassed. "Oh, sorry!"

The two sat in silence until they were soon able to ake out each other's faces in the dark. "Ready to carry on?" Luigi asked.
"After you!" Daisy answered.
They got off the old mattress and began to look around. It appeared to be a secret room of some sort. All Luigi could really discern was a table with two books on it.

Daisy couldn't really tell where they were either. She looked around the room in wonder and fear...
and the bones were littered with rusting jewelry.
The other was lying down in front of him, as though bowing down to the other. It wore rather shabby clothes, though it's body, too, was littered with jewelry...

Luigi shuttered at the sight. He didn't do so well looking at fake skeletons, let alone real ones.
Daisy was more intrigued than nervous. The positions these people had died in... what the hell was their story?
She took a step into the dusty space to take a closer look at the mysterious scene before them. Luigi gathered his courage and stepped in too. The gold necklace of the sitting skeleton had something written on it. Luigi and Daisy walked around the bowing skeleton and put their heads in close to see what it said...
V.M. Estates

"V.M.?" Daisy asked.
"Voltaire Mortegarth..." Luigi said quietly.

Daisy gasped. "Do you really think-?!" She looked down at the bowing skeleton. "So then, this must be..."
"Leonard Rioma," Luigi said. "Voltaire's not-so-loyal servant..."
"Sure looks loyal to me..." said Daisy, observing the scene.
Luigi noticed a trowel in Leonard's hand, and a bucket of long-since dried cement next to Leornard's bones, along with a few spare bricks.
"Leonard walled himself in here with Voltaire's dead body..."
Daisy recalled the story E Gadd had told them about Voltaire and Leonard. It didn't seem to fit with the scene before them, but then again...
But where could they get answers?

They had a feeling that all the answers lay within the pages of the books on the table...
Luigi left the skeletons at peace and walked up to the table with the two books. Daisy followed. Luigi picked up the brown leather-bound book and blew the dust off the cover...
Journal of Leonard Rioma

Daisy picked up the hard black book and srubbed the dust off...
Journal of Voltaire Mortegarth

Luigi and Dais looked at one another, the diaries of two tortured souls in their hands. They knew that by reading these diaries, they could hopefully solve this mystery altogether...
They only hoped the spirits would permit this...

Luigi and Daisy each opened their respective journals and began to read...

Toad was curious about the mysteries of crossing over. "C'mon Professor, it'll help us
beat these ghosts!"
E Gadd thought a while, and then agreed. "OK, but let's go to the Foyer first. It's the only safe room in the mansion."

Peach, Toad and Yoshi followed E Gadd into the Foyer, where E Gadd began without delay. "First, I'll explain precisely what a ghost is. Everyone essentially has a ghost inside them. It's your very soul. However, when a person dies, their spirit leaves their now useless body and is judged based on their last life whether to go to heaven or hell, in which case they are sent to their destination until their spirit is permitted to enter a newborn body and start over. It's an endless cycle. However, sometimes a spirit has some very important unfinished business that could ultimately help change their destination. If it may help the spirit avoid the depths of hell and reach heaven, the 'arbiter', per say, may agree to allow the spirit to remain on earth as long as they need to finish this business. These spirits without bodies are what we call ghosts. If by chance this business if finished, the ghost will immediately pass on to heaven..."

Peach chimed in. "But Professor, Luigi said that he was troubled by the fact that there were some ghosts that looked like humans, yet there were also Boos... you know, that don't look human at all..."
"Ah yes," reasoned E Gadd, "The differences between ghosts and Boos. A ghost is, well, I already explained that! But Boos... Boos are those rare spirits that have no significant amount of good or bad records. They're basically a ghost, but with no unfinished business, and with no 'tilt' as to whether or not to go to heaven or hell. The 'Arbiter' may decide to let these spirits remain on earth so that they may voluntarily tilt their judgement by doing either good or bad deeds. However, as a sort of punishment for having such an uneventful life, their physical appearence is morphed into the hideous white balls we all know and fear. The only way a Boo can cross over is to do enough good or bad deeds to determine whether to go up or down, and they must visit a holy site of any sort, where they will be judged yet again... However, since Boos are the spirirts of truly lazy people, they often feel as though they don't deserve such punishment because they never really did anything bad. Therefore, most of them take advantage of ther horrible appearence and merely use it to do evil and mischevious things to let out their anger. All they have to do is avoid getting near any holy sites and they can continue their devlish acts forever..."

"So... is that King Boo's story?"
"No..." said E Gadd. "King Boo has a FAR more intriguing story..."
"...Now then, I'm not sure what his name was when he was alive, so I'll simply refer to him as 'X'. So, you see, when X died, the 'Arbiter's judgement was to immediately send him to hell. However, when the devil came to claim his soul, X fooled the devil by luring him to the sight of a crucifix, for as you know, the devil is powerless in the presence of the crucifix. X's spirit wandered on earth for several more years, each time fooling the devil in order to avoid going to hell. The 'arbiter' finally caught on, and angry with X, he decided to have him judged by St Peter and the Devil themselves - the guardins of their own afterworld. St Peter couldn't let him into heaven, of course, because X had been an evil man. But the devil was so angry at X for having fooled him so many times that he wanted nothing to do with him. X was a lost soul, rejected from both heaven and hell.

Even the great 'Arbiter' wasn't sure what to do. And so... he transformed him into a Boo... an especially hideous Boo with red eyes and a blue tongue. This Boo's especially firghtful appearence gained him the respect of Boos eslewhere - so much so that he eventually realized his power and corwned himself as king among Boos. So you see, King Boo isn't really a king... in fact, one might argue that he isn't even really a Boo, but..."

E Gadd stopped. He couldn't anymore.
"But Professor," said Peach. "If you know all this, then why did you trao all the ghosts inside paintings and display them in a gallery?! Shouldn't you of all people be the one helping them corss over?"
"Now you listen here, miss!" he said angrily, "You don't understand how confusing it is to have two such different hobbies. Painting and studying ghosts... Neither one on their own could get me any money. The only way was to combine them somehow..."
"That's weak!" Toad yelled. "You tampered with the laws of corssing over just for MONEY?!"
"YOSHI!!!" Yoshi sounded angry too.
E Gadd couldn't argue back. His desire for money when he was young was ultimately the reason why everyone was in danger at that very moment...
"I didn't want them to cross over..." he said, looking down. "But now I know that they have to..."

He looked up. "C'mon guys! Let's help these ghosts find peace!"
After a small celebration, they noticed a man wearing a blue wizard suit stalk in slowly...

*It's now time to see about those diaries! Which one?*
Daisy opened up the book in her hands and began to read...

December 1, 1935
"My 16 servants have just finished building my glorious new mansion. I spent nearly 100,000,000G on it, but it's worth it! I now have a mansion and 16 servants that do everything for me! However, there is one servant I have that stands out among the rest. His name is Leonard Rioma. He seems to have a pretty independent spirit for a labor worker. The other 15 aren't much special. In fact, they're all appalingly dim-witted by themselves, but when they work together, they can do pretty much everything, like one big man! How perfect - excellent workers that are too dumb to know how much I rip them off as slaves! The only one I have to keep an eye on is Rioma. He looks at me with a rather cold eye... It's probably nothing, though. I have mothing to fear of some lowlife servant of mine. For now, I eagerly enter my new mansion. The humungous green 'V' in the top center is just calling to me!"

December 7, 1935
"The holidays are approaching fast. My deardear lady Cilla pesters me for a ring she's had her eye on. I plan to propose to her with it on Christmas Day. I want to buy it for her, but all my savings must go towards keeping my mansion in prime condition, as well as presents for myself. Some say I'm a bit greedy... though the ones that do wake up the next morning to find their bank accounts empty! Ah... such is the joy of being a banker...
Though, I must say, I thought I saw that Leonard Rioma fellow giving my Cilla a rather flirtacious eye... If that man so much as lays a finger on her, I swear he will pay..."

December 15, 1935
"Leonard Rioma entered The Study, my office, today. He claimed he was willing to do extra work and have some rations reduced in order to get more pay. Who does that damn, dirty Italian immigrant think he is?! Well, he seemed pretty desperate, so I humored him. I plan to increase his work load and reduce his rations by 50%, but pay him only 30% more. He won't even notice, the damn idiot! Immigrants are so stupid that they are willing to do absolutely anything for an extra 22 cents! It's idiotic! Besides, what the hell does a labor man like him need extra wages for?! It's not like he can ever plan on buying anything valuable...

December 20, 1935
"I was polishing off some of my porcelain china when I caught a glimpse of my dear Cilla out in the snow today speaking with another man. Leonard, I bet, the snooping maggot. That man has some nerve trying to swoon my girl. Does he not realize that I own him, and that I can ultimately decide whether he lives or dies?! I'm not worried, though. Cilla is likely laughing in his face about how poor and dirty he is! My darling Cilla could never fall for scum like Leonard! And besides, once I get that ring for her, she'll be glued to me! Speaking of which, I'd better plan on getting that thing soon..."

December 24, 1935, Christmas Eve
"I am so angry right now, journal. I went to the jewelers to get that ring, but it had already ben sold! Someone beat me to it! I swear, if the person who'd already bought that ring was right in front of me, I don't know WHAT I'd do! I told my 16 servants that their work load would be increased and that they'd have no days off, even for Christmas. If they can't enjoy a good holiday, they shouldn't be able to either. I told them my tale of woe without a second thought. The dumb 15 merely said that I should look for something better, though I noticed Leonard was looking at me in a very strange way...

December 25, 1935, Christmas Day
"Words cannot express my rage today, journal! I went to Cilla with a small tin ring I had bought this morning. I planned to tell her why I didn't get her the ring she had wanted, but when I walked in, she was wearing that very ring on her finger! Furious, I asked her where she's gotten it, and she explained that Leonard had bought it for her with his extra money and proposed! LEONARD!! Without another word, I ran to my office to let out my anger, but I saw Leonard sitting in my chair like he owned the place! He told me that he and Cilla had been secretly in love for a year, but he could never afford a ring. He became a labor man for me with hopes that he could make the money needed for that ring. Cilla had then used all of my money to have my position as banker abdicated - only to give it to Leonard! He then spilled the worst new of all - he had gained custody of my mansion too! I'm standing outside in the lonely winter snow right now. My mansion... now in the hands of my traitorous employee and my ex-love... The green 'V', now a green 'L'... I cannot stand it! I must go..."
January 1, 1936, New Year's Day
"Im so cold and weak I can barely write. All I have now are the tuxedo and top hat I stand in, along with a few garments that I may need to sell soon. My 15 servants send me just enough support to survive. I'm glad they still remain loyal to me. Ever since Cilla and that bastard Leonard stole my money and my mansion, I've been living in the lobby of a motel. I feel the clerk is growing angry with me that I never leave, but his anger cannot compare to mine...

I now stand on the porch of my former mansion. I have rung the doorbell, and I hear the footsteps of Leonard's shiny shoes approaching the door. I hold a sharp dagger in my hands... This is my last moment, journal...
Leonard, I will make you pay. I will avoid pursuit of the devil if I have to...
Yes, Leonard Rioma, I will make you pay...

A few drops of blood dotted the bottom of the page, and had soaked into a few pages below. The rest of the diary was blank. That was all there was.

Daisy closed the book and set it on the table. Her heart was still heavy from the story she had just read. She looked at Luigi next to her, who was still busy reading. She waited patiently for him to finish. There was so much to tell...

*Time to check up on the rescue team! Where should they look for missing party guests and portrait ghosts?*
The man in blue walked in slowly and sorrowfully. He appeared so stricken with greif that he might collapse. Yoshi ran up to him and helped him regain his balance. "Geno?" Peach and Daisy asked at the same time.
Geno looked up and nodded. "Yeah..."
"Where've you been, man? What happened?!" Toad cried.
"Mallow... the ghosts... killed Mallow..."
"Oh dear..." said Peach.
"Oh my goodness," said E Gadd. "The ghosts have actually killed someone now? Oh no..."
"Mallo..." Geno muttered. "Why...?"
"Oh, we have to hurry and find everybody!" Peach said. "Especially Mario! Oh, I'm so worried!"
"Don't worry!" said E Gadd. "I happen to know that anyone who dies unwillingly at the hands of a ghost can be returned to their body if the ghost that kills them crosses over..."
"What?" Toad asked. "That makes no sense..."
"Of course it does!" said E Gadd. "Dying at the hands of the dead... Normally, ghosts can NEVER kill a human being, but another unexpected side-effect of my machine... ghosts filled with rage after being released from my machine two times have the ability to kill, but if we can help that ghost cross over, then the one that was killed can have their soul returned to their body!"
"How the hell do you know all this?!" Toad wondered.
"Because once I started using my machine to trap ghosts, the 'Arbiter' gave me a hell of a lecture! Hehe..."
Damn, you REALLY messed with the laws of chaos, didn't you?"
"Regretably, yes..."

Geno looked up. "So... Mallow can still survive?"
"Yes," said E Gadd. "Mallow is undoubtedly a ghost now, who's unfinished business is to wait for one to help him return to his body. We're the only ones who can, and we can do so by helping the ghosts who killed him cross over..."
"The dancing ghosts!" Geno cried. "It was the dancing ghosts that killed him!"
"The Floating Whirlindas?" E Gadd asked.
"Yeah, whatever! C'mon! Let's go get 'em?!"
Geno made a mad dash for the door, but Yoshi wrestled him to the ground.
"Geno, calm yourself. There are other guests that need our help. We must search for ones that are alive before trying to help ones that are already dead!"
Geno stopped, sighed, and settled down. "OK," he said. "What are we supposed to do?"
"We just have to search," he said.
"Is anyone else safe besides us five?" Geno asked.
"Just Luigi and Daisy," said Peach.
"Well then where are they?!"
E Gadd looked away. "We don't know..."
Geno closed his eyes and shook his head. "Alright, fine. Where do we look first?"
"Yo doc," Toad said, "Are there any religious sites in this house, by any chance? You know, if King Boo's really a Boo, then we can use that site to make him cross over!"
E Gadd thought a bit, then snapped his fingers. "The Secret Altar!" he exclaimed.
"Yoshi?" Yoshi wondered.
"Yes, of course! Luigi visited that room in King Boo's mansion! It was where King Boo resided... That shrine wasn't real, so nothing happened to him there, but if such a room truly exists in this mansion... Yes, I recall hearing that Voltaire, despiye how mean and greedy he was, was still very religious. He thanked god for his great wealth..."
"And where is this Secret Altar?" Peach asked.
"The basement! Let's go!"
"Alright!" Geno exclaimed.
As the party headed downstairs, Geno asked, "Say Professor, who is Voltaire?"
"Oh, that's a long story. I'll tell you on the way..."

By the time E Gadd had finished telling them all the tale, they were outside the Secret Altar. Toad tried to open the door, but it was locked. "Hey, it won't open!" he said.
All five of them examined the door, seeing if there was some sort of secret mechanism to opening it...

"Yoshi!" Yoshi spotted something on the wall next to the door. It looked like a keyboard mounted onto the wall, but much bigger and more primitive, and conatied only the letters of the alphabet. "Must be a sort of code that opens the door..." said E Gadd.

Etched into the stone wall, above the letter buttons, was a poem.
My first appears in the middle of time
My second has low and show as a rhyme

My third is the very beginning of none
My fourth is the sign that earth has begun
My fifth is the end of eternity
My whole - the thing that brings most joy to me

Everyone read the poem at their own pace, but no one could decipher what it meant. They only thing they seemed to agree upon was that it told what the code was, and that Voltaire wrote it to help him remember it.

*What is the code? Also, once they figure it out, what shoud they do?*
A. Explore the Altar?
B. Search for King Boo so they can lure him there?
*Remember, you must answer the riddle for your vote to count!*
After examining the riddle, everyone thought for a long time what it might be...
Toad then jumped. "I got it!" He jumped up to the keyboard and proceeded to punch in a word. Nothing happened.
"That obviously wasn't right," Peach said. "What the heck did you type in?"
"Cheez!"
"Cheese? But cheese has six letters..."
"I know! That's why I put a 'z'..."
"But why cheese!? That doesn't even fit the riddle!"
"Oh, well... I really only read the last line..."
"So?"
"Everyone loves cheez!"
E Gadd went up and smacked him upside the head. "You dang little chumpnut! Use that massive head of yours!"
Geno then jumped. "I know it! I know it!" Everyone watched as Geno ran up and inserted a five-letter code...
M-O-N-E-Y

They heard the unlocking of a lock and saw the door swing freely open.
"Of course! Money!" E Gadd snapped his fingers. "Whew, only Bill Gates' greed could compare to old Mortegarth's..."

"Yoshi!" Yoshi jumped and ran into the altar. It was so dark inside, for every candle in the room was out, but the gold trimmed walls still shimmered without the aid of light...
"C'mon, let's check it out," said E Gadd.
"OK..." said Peach nervously. She slowly walked in, followed by Geno, followed by Toad.
In the middle of the room was a raised bowl of what looked liked moldy water.
"Must've been a dish of holy water," E Gadd reasoned.
"Hey doc?" asked Toad, "If this Voltaire guy was religious enough to build an altar of pure gold, then why did the 'Arbiter' want him to go to hell?"
E Gadd scratched his chin and raised an eyebrow. "Well, let's see... he was evil, greedy, and racist. And he only became religious because he thanked God for his great wealth, so... yeah, methinks he deserved to go to hell."

Oh..." said Toad thoughtfully.

Peach and Yoshi were looking around when Yoshi spotted something on the wall. "Yoshi," he said, pointing. Peach looked, and saw a message painted on the wall. However, it was s dark she couldn't quite read it. "Umm... does anyone have a light?"
"I do," said Geno. A lighter materialized in his hand and he lit a the three candles of a nearby candelebra. He handed it to Peach, who held it up to read the message.
BY now, everyone in the room had gathered to see what was written...
And sprawled across the wall, written in red ink...

THANK YOU, ELVIN, FOR LIFE AFTER DEATH

And painted below was a large red crucifix.

Everyone read the message three or four times over, wondering exactly what it meant. It almost scared them. Had Voltaire written this? But... what did it mean? And who was this 'Elvin'?
Everyone stared wide-eyed, except E Gadd, who was sulking away, sweating. His eyes shifted back and forth.

Toad then turned around and looked at E Gadd, who was suspiciosly sneaking away. "Hey Doc?... What does the 'E' in your name stand for...?"
When E Gadd was asked what the E in his name stood for, he suddenly became nervous. He continued to back up, though knowing he wasn't going anywhere.
"Well, what does it stand for?" Toad persisted.

E Gadd finally cracked. "It stands for ELVIN, ok?!"

Everyone looked back on the wall at the name in the message.
THANK YOU, ELVIN, FOR LIFE AFTER DEATH

Peach looked back at E Gadd, who was covering his face with his hand. "Professor? Is Voltaire's ghost somewhere in the mansion? And did YOU somehow allow Voltaire to remain on earth even after he died?"
Everyone waited impatiently for an answer while E Gadd wept in silence.

He finally began. "I've been living in a shack not too far from here my entire life. Only about a twenty-minute walk, ten if you run, I guess. Anyway, I was a lad of about nine years when I saw Voltaire's mansion being finished. I used to sit by the site and watch the construction all day for entertainment cuz, well, we didn't have much money, and plus the TV wasn't even invented yet! Didn't have any of them GameCubes or nothin'... Anyhoo, once the mansion was finished, I saw how rich Voltaire was, and I figured maybe I could do some work for him in order to get some money for my family. It was around December at the time, so every time Voltaire went out for a walk in the snow, I'd run up and ask 'Excuse me Mr. Voltaire, mind if I do a bit of work for you in exchange for a few cents?' Voltaire, being the old fart he was, sneered at my requests. However, I never

stopped trying to ask him. One day, though, sometime between Christmas and New Year's, he came up to me. He knew I'd been studying ghosts and the afterlife (Yup, I began studying ghosts at the ripe age of 7!), so he asked if there was any way to avoid the pursuit of the devil. O' course now I know its because he knew he was destined for hell and wanted to take revenge upon Leonard, but back then, I had no idea what his intentions were. I promptly told him that the devil in powerless in the sight of the crucifix. The next day, he loaded my little shack with money, sayin' I should use it for all the ghost research equipment I could handle. Used it to build my lab and Ghost Portrificationizer. My family encouraged me to continue my work, and that's what I've been doing for the past 70 years. Sad thing is, I learned Voltaire had commited suicide on the mansion's porch on New Year's Day. Sometime in the middle of my career when I was capturing ghosts for my gallery, I revisited the old place, hoping to find Voltaire's ghost. Never did find him. Only Boolossus, the last portrait ghost I ever caught - before Luigi came along, anyway. And shortly thereafter King Boo's haunted mansion appeared next to my dear little shack, as though in vengeful response to what I'd done. I've never been able to understand any of it. But now I'm rambling..."

Once E Gadd was finished, Geno asked, "Professor... did you know Leonard?"
"Never met the man, but I did know him by name. Voltaire mentioned his name a few times when I spoke to him. He sounded as though he hated the man with a passion..."

Peach looked at the message on the wall, and the crucifix painted below it. "So, you say you told Voltaire that the only way to avoid the devil was by means of the crucifix..."
"Yes," said E Gadd.
"...And you say King Boo used the power of the crucifix to prevent the devil from forcing him to cross over...?"
"So I hear, yes..."
"Do you think that could mean...?"

Luigi opened the leather-bound book in his hands and began to read. Nothing was dated, so when all this happened was anyone's guess...

Hello journal. Im Leonard Rioma. You are the only thing I bring with me from Italy. We go to America! Im sorry for writing in bad english, journal, but if Im to live in America, I have to speak english. Dont worry, I learn eventualy!

I live in America only one week and I meet beutiful girl! She called Cilla. She American girl. Very pretty and funy. She say she like me becus of my cute stilted english. I spend time with her a lot.

I lived in America for a year now, and still only find low-paying jobs. Its been a long time since I wrote. Sorry, been so busy with Cilla and finding work and I forgot about you. I start writing again, thogh. I will find a job soon. By the way, Cilla is teaching to speak english better. You notice? Haha!

Great day, journal! Cilla found me a good job! I'm going to be a servant for a man
named Voltaire Mortegarth. He got lots of money. Me and fifteen other men are helping to build him a big house called a mancion. I wonder how Cilla got me the job? She talked to Voltaire? I see them now and Voltaire looks at Cilla with a lovy eye. I hope she just talked to him...

The manshin is done! Que bella! I also get to live in it! Master Voltaire seems a little bit too happy with his money, though. It seems its all he loves. He also loves Cilla. That's not fair. I've known Cilla longer than him. I hope she doesn't love him too...

I talked to Cilla today. She told me she got my job for me becuase she 'sedused' Voltaire. That's a word I never heard before. I will check a diccionary...

I'm a little mad how Cilla got me the job, but she loves me, and I love her. I can't be mad. But I'm worried. I'm scared that Voltaire loves Cilla too much. I don't think he's supposed to know that Cilla seduced him... Does that mean he thinks he Cilla loves him? Cilla doesn't love him... does she? I hope no.

Christmas is coming soon. I arrived in America in the center of january, so I missed it last time. This will be my first Christmas in America! I shopped in a jewel store and saw a pretty ring. I can't buy it, though. Don't have much money. I should ask Voltaire for more money.

I asked Voltaire to pay me more if I work more. He seemed angry. I'm angry at him too. He doesn't love anything except his precios money and my precios Cilla. He thinks he can take everything from his servants. The other fifteen are to dumb to know, but I know. He's a bad man. But when I buy that ring for Cilla, Voltaire will know there's no way he can have her!
It's Christmas! I feel like a little boy back in Italy again! I gave the ring to Cilla, and she loves it. Voltaire will be very jealous! But I don't care about that. All I care is that Cilla is happy. But aye! Cilla gave me so much money for Christmas! She told me sit in Master Violtaire's chair, and says the mansion is now mine! I'm so happy! But what will happen to Voltaire...?

Voltaire came in and said he had wanted to buy that ring for Cilla. I said sorry. I didn't know. He seemed very mad that I was in his chair. I told him the mansion was mine now, and he screamed and ran away! I think Cilla stole his money and used it to give the mansion deed to me. It's nice, but think I'll let the fifteen servants go free. And I'm worried about Voltaire. Where will he go?

My third night in my new mansion. I heard a scary noise in the basement. I went down to check, and saw a gold church room. I found no one, but I saw a message on the wall in red. I don't know what it means, but I think its something bad. There was a cross written underneath. The paint was wet...

Very scary day. I was celebrating New Year's with Cilla when the doorbell rang. Cilla went to open the door, and I heard her scream. I ran there and saw poor Voltaire on the

Yeah, it sure does," said Luigi. "But I couldn't help but notice a few... similarities bewteen Leonard and myself..."
"Really?" Daisy said, looking up at him curiously. "How so?"
Luigi opened his mouth to speak, but his mind suddenly went to Mario. He was so worried about him. And he wondered about E Gadd as well. And Peach. Had they found anyone? Were they safe?

"Daisy, we'll talk about this later. Right now we have to find E Gadd and Peach."
Daisy didn't argue. She understood. "OK, but... how do we get out of here?"

Daisy had a good point. They had dropped from the hole in the Storage Room. They wouldn't be able to crawl back up out of it. They searched the room from dark corner to dark corner, but found no doors. "We're trapped..." said Luigi.

"No!" said Daisy. "We can't be!"
"I know it's hard to admit," Luigi consoled her, "But we have to face the truth sometimes..."
"No, I mean we CAN'T be trapped! Voltaire obviously came down here before! There has to be some way in and out of here!"
Luigi remembered how in Leonard's diary, Leonard had written that Voltaire always came down to this room to write in his diary. "Hey, that's true..." Luigi said. It made him blush a little that Daisy was able to think rationally even in such dangerous situations. "Whew... that's quite a woman," he told himself.

Daisy had a strange feeling about the inlet where Leonard had walled himself in with Voltaire's body. Behind Voltaire's skeleton, the wooden wall surrounded by stone looked... out of place...
"C'mere Luigi! I bet there's something in here..."
Luigi was reluctant, but he, too, was curious about the alcove with the two bodies. It didn't seem natural...

The two worked their way around the skeletons, careful not to disturb them. They felt around on the walls, seeing if there was a sort of mechanism that opened a hidden door somewhere. They didn't find anything. Luigi became so frustrated that he slammed his fist on the wooden wall above Voltaire's head...

"No, I refuse to believe it!" E Gadd cried. He covered his ears and cowered.
"But Professor! The similarities are uncanny! Voltaire's story and King Boo's are just so... the same."
"Voltaire couldn't be... He couldn't be..."
But before anyone could say anymore, a loud BANG from behind the mirror on the east wall made everyone jump.
"What was that?!" Geno asked.
"It's King Boo!" Toad cried. "He's gonna KILL US ALL!"
"YOSHIIIII!"
Peach watched E Gadd carefully walk towards the mirror. Peach didn't stop him. She
could tell he knew what he was doing.

E Gadd swallowed as he walked closer to the mirror, step by step. His head and hands were sweaty with terror, but he didn't stop.
He pressed his hands against the cool glass, staring at him own reflection, and yelled, "WHO'S BACK THERE!?" From beyond the wall, E Gadd waited for a response.
"..........P-professor? Professor, is that you?"
E Gadd's eyes lit up. "Luigi?! Is that you, m' boy?!"
"Yes! YES! It's me! Daisy's here too!"
"HI PROFESSOR!" she called out sweetly.
E Gadd put a hand over his heart. "Oh, I'm so happy tp hear you're ok!"
"Professor, you have NO idea how much we have to tell you! We've found out so much in here!"
"Oh, ok! Let me just see how to get out of- Wait a minute... Just where are you two?! You're not trapped inside the wall, are ya?!"
"Of course not! We're in a secret room!"
By now, everyone in the Altar had gathered around to hear the conversation. "Well I'll be damned!"
"Yeah! Now listen, there's gotta be a hidden door or something that connects this room to the Secret Altar..."
"Nonsense! I bet it's right here! Just gotta lift this mirror and..."
E Gadd tried to lift the mirror off the wall. Everyone helped. "Hey Luigi, slam the mirror again!"

Luigi heard E Gadd's command and slammed the back of the mirror with his fist. As he did, he thought he heard something come loose. He slammed again... and again... and again...
"Umm, Luigi..." Daisy said.
"Yeah?" asked Luigi, rubbing his aching hand.
Daisy pointed to a small circular object on the wall near Voltaire's head.
A doorknob.
"Oh," he blushed. He reached for it and turned it...

E Gadd and the gang got ready for one last heave, and as they pulled with all their might...
WHOOSH!
The mirror swung off the wall like a door! Everyone flew back and landed in a heap!

Luigi and Daisy walked through the secret mirror door into the Altar. Luigi was so surprised and happy to see not only E Gadd and Peach, but Toad, Yoshi and Geno too! Yoshi leapt up and immediately dashed at Luigi in joy. "YOSHI!!!" He embraced the Luigi in his tiny arms. "Yeah, great to see you too, big guy!"
Daisy went down and helped everyone up.

Toad got up and saw Voltaire's skeleton had stumbled into the room by accident. "AAAGGHHHH!!! Skeleton! It's gonna KILL US!!!"

Aw, put a sock in it, ya pizza topping!" Geno said, slapping Toad in the back of the head. "Ow! Why's everyone hitting me!? Jeez... I'm not THAT dumb..."

By now, everyone was up and talking about how happy they were to see each other.
"OK eveyone, enough chat!" Daisy said. "Luigi and I have to tell what we've found out about this mansion's history."
"Yeah," said Peach. "We have stuff to tell, too."
"I take it you haven't seen the message on the wall..." E Gadd said sadly, pointing at it. Luigi and Daisy read it with wide eyes. There was much discussion to be done...

Little did they know, a secret party guest was at the front door, ready to bring their night to an end once and for all...

What should happen now?!

Bowser rubbed his claws together and chuckled to himself as he walked up the steps onto the porch of Luigi's new mansion. He'd recently bought himself a radio signal trapper that allowed him to tap into people's phone calls. He usually did it for a laugh, but when he heard a phone call between Mario and Toad concerning a party at Luigi's new mansion, he knew he had to take the opportunity to crash the bash!

Kammy Koopa flew in on her broom behind him. "Slow down, your Ugliness! No need to rush! This party's probably gonna last all night!"
"Quiet Kammy! We don't know that! The only parties that last all night are the ones where people drink! Mario and Luigi are too 'family friendly' to know how to throw a good party!"
"But doesn't alcohol make you sleepy? The last party we threw, you were so fast asleep from alcohol that you wet the couch!"
"Wha-?! Bu-!! SHUT UP!!!"
"Hehe... sorry."
"Well you'd better be, you stupid piece of baggage! Now let's just ring the doorbell and..."
"But wait, your Vileness, listen... It doesn't sound like there's much of a party going on in there..."

Bowser pressed his ear against the door and listened. Kammy was right. It was dead silence behind the door.
"Yeah, you're right! What's up with that?! Where's the party?! All I hear is silence...!"
"Umm... how can you hear silence?"
"Shut up, Kammy. Look... all the lights are off, too!"
"Hmm, maybe the party's over..."
"DAMMIT! I knew we should've gotten here sooner!"
"Well, you know, we could've gotten here and hour earlier if you hadn't made us get off the express bus..."
"I HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!!!"
"Ok, sorry... Listen, when all the guests are sleeping, that's still a great opportunity to do
some great party tricks."
"Like what?"
"Like, you know, filling their hands with whipped cream and tickling their face... like they did to you in the Mario Party 6 commercial."
"Oh yeah! Uh... HEY!"
"Hehe... well, there's still lots of ideas."
"Yeah, like putting their hands in each others' pants and taking pictures!"
"Umm... no."
"OK fine. Well, let's break in first so we can-"

But before Bowser said anything more, the front door swung open!
"AGGGHHH! What the hell?!" Bowser scrambled backwards and fell down the steps. Kammy almost fell of her broom. "Who's there! What are you doing up so late?! It's nearly midnight!"
A shadowy figure stood in the doorway. A large white Boo floated out behind it. It's eyes gleamed red and it wore a golden crown...
"K-King Boo?!" Bowser cried.

King Boo glared down upon Bowser, his eyes glaring in anger. His mouth and teeth stretched out into a wide grin. "King Boo...? What are you doing?!"

King Boo raised his arms and let out a shreik. Bowser felt a force tugging on the horn on the left side of his head. "What the $@*#!" He suddenly was picked up into the air by an invisible force. The horn on his head was set down on a hook above the mansion doorway. He was left hanging there by his horn. "HEY! This isn't funny! Let me down!"
Kammy was lifted off of her broom. The broom magically shredded up into sawdust and blew away in the wind. She was lifted by her dress, and was hooked onto Bowser's other horn. The two struggled to free themselves, but realized they were in a pretty lame situation.

The mysterious figure stepped out from the doorway to see what King Boo had done. They both looked up and laughed. Bowser cursed to himself and tried to get down. Kammy was trying to make out who this mysterious man with King Boo was. Through the darkness, he looked almost... familiar...

King Boo then floated up to Bowser's face. "Bowser..." he said in a deep, cracking voice. "You are the most pathetic monster to ever walk this earth! I don't know why I ever dressed up like you to scare the Mario Brothers! They're not afraid of you! You're just a nuisance that they have to save a princess from once in a while!"
Bowser lowered his eyebrows. "Yeah, right! I bet YOU were a monster when you were alive too!"
King Boo chuckled. "You have NO idea..."

King Boo floated back down with his shady partner and looked back up. "It's a shame we had to meet like this, Bowser. My friend and I were just on our way to do some important business when we just happened to run into you! Have fun hanging up there, ya oafish
moron! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

With that, King Boo and his mysterious partner ran off.

"Curse that King Boo..." Bowser growled.
"Bowser, did you happen to see who King Boo was with?" Kammy questioned.
"No, why?"
"I have a feeling I've seen him before..."

Meanwhile, in the Altar, everyone was about to share each others' resaerch when they heard a commotion outside. What should they do?
Everyone in the Altar could hear a sort of arguement or commotion, even from so far within the mansion. Luigi wondered if perhaps King Boo was involved...
"Guys, we'll definitely talk soon. But first, let's see what all the noise is about."

Luigi ran ahead, followed by Daisy, followed by Yoshi, Geno, Peach, E Gadd, and finally Toad. They followed Luigi up the basement steps, through the hall, into the Foyer and out the front door...
But they saw no one.

"Hello?" Luigi called timidly.
"HellOOOOOOO!!!" boomed an angry voice from above.

Everyone jumped and looked up. Before them lay the most hilarious sight many of them had ever seen. Bowser's left horn was hooked onto a hook jutting out from above the mansion doorway, and from his right horn hung Kammy Koopa by her dress. Bowser hung there with his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face. The sight was so outrageous that everyone immediately began to laugh their butts off.

Bowser sneered."Yeah, yeah! Laugh it up, ya bunch o' fuggin' asswipes!"
"Help us down this instant!" Kammy ordered.

"Why should we?" asked Toad. "We kinda like you up there!"
"Yeah," said Daisy. "And what were you doing here in the first place, tubby!?"

Bowser grumbled. "Well, I just happened to hear about a party going on here, so Kammy and I decided to come and, well... have some fun."
"Looks like you found it!" Geno cracked.
"YOSHI!!!" Yoshi and Geno leaned on each other in crazed laughter.

Luigi suddenly stopped. "But Bowser, Kammy... who put you up there?"
Kammy shook angrily. "That ignorant, scowling King Boo fellow! Why if he were here right now, I'd..."
"KING BOO?!" E Gadd exclaimed.
"Uhh... yeah. King Boo. You know, king of all Boos..."
"Ugh, no! I KNOW who King Boo is! But... he was here?!"


Uhh... duh!"
"Where did he go?!"

By now, everyone had stopped laughing and were listening intently. "How the hell should I know? And why the hell should I care?"
"Because he's trying everyone in the mansion, and I have a feeling his primary targets are the Mario Bros..."
Bowser snarled, looking down at Luigi. "What?! NO! That's MY job!! No stupid Boo is gona take that from me! Now get us down! NOW!!!"

Yoshi shrugged and lashed is tounge out, wrapping it around the hook which Bowser's horn was hooked on. Bowser grabbed it, hoisting his horn off the hook, and using the hook as a pully, Yoshi slowly lowered the duo to the ground. Of course, at about two feet, Yoshi let his tounge so slack, causing Bowser to land hard on his @$$ and making Kammy slip off his horn onto the ground wiht a thump. Again, everyone laughed.
"Cheeky little lizard!" Bowser muttered.
"Yoshi!!!"

"Alright then Bowser!" E Gadd said, "I think we may be able to help each other out. You tell us what you know about King Boo whereabouts, and we'll explain the whole situation to you. We need to discuss the facts anyway, so having you here will only help."
"HELP?! Ah man... I swore to myself I'd never help the good guys! This isn't FAIR!"
"Well, hey!" Luigi said, "If it means you'll be able to be the main bad guy again without any competition, why not?"
"He has a point, your Wretchedness."
Bowser closed his eyes and growled. "Fine..."

"Very well then!" E Gadd exclaimed. "Now let's get down to business! At the moment, we have three main sources of information... Bowser and Kammy, you're the only ones who know where King Boo has headed... Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Geno and I are another, considering what we've been able to uncover..."

Daisy proudly stood next to Luigi and took his hand. Luigi smiled.
"Ah yes, Luigi and Daisy. You're perhaps our most important source! Now, let's begin our discussion! We just need one of us to begin first... would anyone like to volunteer?"

*Who should speak first?*

Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating yesterday. I almost considered not updating today, but I had to. I can't just leave y'all hangin'! XD
A wins.

Daisy stepped forward. "I think we can get this meeting started."
Luigi stepped by her side. "Yeah. We've found out loads of stuff about the mansion's past. Plus, we even wrote down a list of fundamental questions regarding this whole

mystery! I bet we can use it to steer this discussion..."

Luigi pulled out the napkin which he'd written the questions...
1. Who freed King Boo from his painting, and why?
2. How did the ghosts escape from the Poltergust 3000? Did they break free, or did an external force help them escape?
3. What is King Boo's connection to this mansion? Boolossus' connection to this mansion? King Boo's connection to Boolossus?
4. Why did King Boo build a replica of this mansion in front of E Gadd's labratory and capture all of his Portrait Ghosts?
5. King Boo had tried to lead Mario and I into a trap in his ghost mansion, and he now plans to kill us here, despite the fact that we've never met him. Why? What is his grudge against us?
6. Why had Mario been acting so strange all night? Where did he go after the Poltergust 3000 broke?
7. Does the story of Leonard Rioma and Voltaire Mortegarth have any significance?

Luigi read them over to the whole group. Everyone listenened and tried their best to remember them and put some pieces together.

"OK," Daisy announced, "Now that that's settled, let's begin! Luigi and I happened to stumble across some diaries left behind by both Voltaire and Leonard..."
E Gadd suddenly became intrigued. "Really?! What did they say?"
"Well, I read Voltaire's diary, and Luigi read Leonard's. Let's see if we can remember what they said..."

Daisy first recited all that she remembered from Voltaire's diary. She got all the key points in, at least. Luigi had a little more trouble, but he recited Leonard's diary as best he could.

"Oh, such a sad story..." Peach moaned.
"Yo, so this Leonard guy stole Voltaire's money, mansion AND girl! Cool!" Toad cried.
"Hmm..." thought E Gadd. "So, it's clear that Voltaire's goal in the afterlife is to end the Rioma family chain. Voltaire was so angry with Leonard that he killed himself because he believed he would have more luck killing Leonard's son if he was a ghost."
"Why didn't he just kill Leonard?" Geno wondered.
"Well, either solution would have ended the Rioma family, but I think Voltaire just wanted Leonard to suffer, which would explain why Voltaire also threatened Leonard's grandchidren... so Leonard walled himself in with Voltaire's body, thinking it would protect his family. How sad..."

"I know..." said Luigi. "But... about these fifteen servants other than Leonard... they're weak by themselves, so they work as one... sounds an awful lot like Boolossus to me..."
"Yeah, I was thinking of that. It would explain why I captured Boolossus in this house, so that's part of question #2 solved. Though, it still doesn't explain Boolossus's connection to King Boo or King Boo's connection to this house..."

"Oh, and about that last part of Voltaire's diary," said Peach, "It said 'I'll evade the devil if I have to...' or something. Professor, didn't you say you told Voltaire how to evade the devil even after death?"
"Yeah..." said E Gadd, puzzled.
"And you also explained in the story about King Boo that he used the power of the crucifix to evade the devil, which ended up getting him turned into a hideous Boo?!"
E Gadd couldn't help but notice the connection. He scratched his chin thoughtfully
Luigi then thought of something. "Yo, E Gadd! We gotta talk about questions #4 and #5! You know, stuff that happened at King Boo's haunted mansion!"
"Hmm, yes. I've been thinking about that ever since it happened. For question #4, I believe King Boo did this for a number or reasons. For one, I captured Boolossus, his supposed 'royal servant', and he wanted revenge on me. Also, he must've captured my Portrait Ghosts in order to make me suffer, knowing that my pride and money was gone, and also maybe as a sort ot setup for what's happening now. Remember how I told you that ghosts that are trapped within paintings twice become filled with unspeakable rage? Think about it a bit and you'll see where I'm coming from..."
"But Professor! That still doesn't answer question #5! Why did King Boo lure me and Mario into his trap?! What does he have against us!?"
"That... I don't understand..." E Gadd said regretably.

Luigi sighed and looked down. Geno had been thinking a bit and said, "Hey, Professor? Do you know anything about Leonard Rioma's son or his grandsons?"
"Why do you ask?" E Gadd questioned.
"Just tell me," he said.
"Oh, OK. I know nothing of his grandsons, but over years of studying this mansion hoping to find Voltaire's ghost, Leonard's son was brought up a few times..."
"What did it say about him?" Luigi asked
"Nothing much. I just remember that he changed his last name in order to confuse Voltaire's vengeful spirit for as long as possible?"
"What did he change it to?"
"I don't know. All I know is that he anagrammed the letter's of his last name..."

Luigi thought about that. 'Rioma...'
He shifted the letters over, putting the last letter in front, just to see what that would do...
'Ariom...'
That didn't do much. He did it one more time...

'Mario...'

Luigi was strucken right through the heart. His own name was Luigi Mario. And his brother... Mario Mario. It all made sense now - Leonard was their grandfather! O:

"Luigi, you OK?" Daisy asked. "You look all spacey..."
"He was my grandfather..." he muttered.
"What?!" Everyone asked.
"LEONARD WAS MY GRANDFATHER!!!"

Everyone shrieked. No one was even sure what to say!
"But...that makes no sense!" said E Gadd, "King Boo is the one trying to kill you, not Voltaire..."

Luigi exploded. "For god's sake, Professor! Haven't you figured it out?! King Boo is trying to kill me, and Voltaire swore to end the Rioma/Mario family bloodline! Can't you put two and two together?!"
E Gadd didn't even blink.
"And the message in the Altar!" Peach screamed. "We know that Voltaire evaded the devil to get revenge on Leonard, and your story about King Boo said the EXACT SAME THING!"
E Gadd still didn't get it.
"And Boolossus!" Toad cried. "Why would Boolossus be so loyal to King Boo? Because they were King Boo's servant when he was alive! And Voltaire's fifteen servants... RING A BELL?!"
"Hmm..." E Gadd thought.
"Jesus! Haven't you firgured it out YET!?" Bowser roared.
"N-no..." E Gadd stammered.

Everyone finally took a deep breath and screamed, "VOLTAIRE MORTEGARTH IS KING BOO!!!!!"
"YOSHIIIIIII!!!!!!!"
E Gadd scratched his chin for several minutes, then finally jumped. "Oh! I get it now!"
Everyone sighed, exasperated.

"Well," said Daisy, taking the list. "We've made some real breakthroughs today! We've successfully answered questions #3, #4, #5, and #7, arguably the most important ones of all. As for the others..."
"We need to find Mario," said Peach, sadly.

Luigi looked sad as well. "I know, Peach. I'm worried about him too. We all are..."
Everyone nodded.
"I'm not," said Bowser.
"Shut up, tubby! And besides, we haven't heard yet what YOU know!"

"Look, all I know is that I came here to crash your party, and that King Boo and some other bastard put me and Kammy up here and ran off into the woods. That's it."
E Gadd became suspicious. "Someone was with King Boo? Who?"
"I don't know," said Kammy. "But even in the dark, he - or she, for all I know - looked familiar..."

Luigi thought a bit, then announced. "Everyone, I have a feeling I know where King Boo and his shady comrade are going. I'm going to find and stop them from doing what I fear they are going to do... anyone who wishes to join me, do so. Anyone who doesn't should stay and continue to search for the missing party guests. There shouldn't be too many

left..."
"Just Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong and Toadsworth, I think," thought Daisy.

"Right then," Luigi shouted, "WHO'S WITH ME?!"

*Who should join Luigi? Who should stay? Hurry up and choose! Time's running out! >_<*
I think I will go with NintendoMan099's strategy, because I like the idea of Kammy flying back and forth to transfer information. But to everyone who submitted, you get a platter of peanut butter cookies. C:

Luigi stood at the foot of the steps, looking up at everyone on the porch. "Well, isn't anyone gonna come with me?"
No one said a word. Luigi felt so hopeless. "C'mon guys! I can't do this on my own... please, I gotta avenge my grandpa... and help my brother..."

After a while of silence, Daisy slowly made her way through the crowd and stepped the off the porch. She took Luigi's side and looked him in the eyes.
"I'll never your side," she said quietly. Luigi tried to hide it, but he smiled.
E Gadd stood up and scurried down the steps. "When have I ever not trusted you, Luigi?" He stood at Luigi's other side.

Everyone else appeared too scared to go. Luigi couldn't blame them. Facing off against the King of all Boos wasn't going to be an easy task. Most certainly not. Deadly, perhaps...
So Luigi begged no more. "Alright then! We three will go after King Boo. Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Geno, Kammy, Bowser... please look for our friends, and let them know where we've gone, in case we don't come back..."

E Gadd looked at Bowser, who was sitting and twiddling with his thumbs. "Except YOU, Bowser! You're coming with US!"
Bowser looked up, surprised. "WHA-?! But, I don't-!!"
"You know the general direction that King Boo and his partner ran off in. You're the only one who vaguely knows where we have to go!"
Bowser frowned and looked around. Luigi and Daisy had their arms crossed. Everyone on the porch looked at him as though expecting him to go.
"UUUUURRRGGGHH!!!! FINE!!! I'll go... but don't get used to me helping you, ya fruit!" With that, Bowser walked down and reluctantly took his place behind Luigi.

Kammy suddenly jumped up. "Hey, I have an idea! How about I fly back and forth between the two teams and transfer information!"
"Hey... that's not a bad idea!" Daisy thought.
"But Kammy!" Bowser said, "Didn't King Boo shred your broom into sawdust? You can't fly without your broom!"
"I'VE got a broom!!" Toad exclaimed. Everyone looked at Toad, who was holding a broom.

Luigi figured there wasn't a whole lot left to talk about. Their first priority was to get to their destination as fast as possible.
And Luigi already knew where it was...
If they ran, they could get there in about 10 minutes...

"OK," said Bowser, "I think he then came this way..."
"It's OK!" Luigi cried, "I know where King Boo and his partner are!!"
"What? But how?" E Gadd asked.
"Just trust me..." Luigi said.
Niether Bowser nor E Gadd seemed to buy it.
But Daisy put a hand on Luigi's arm. "I trust you, Luigi..."
Daisy's encouragement gave Luigi the will to sprint his @$$ all the way there! "Just follow me everybody!"
Luigi began to run through the thicket of trees. Daisy followed behind him.
E Gadd and Bowser looked at one another and shrugged. They then both began to run, leaving the mansion behind...

The four ran wildly through the trees. Swirling clouds peeked through the gnarled branches overhead. The moon shone through the clouds, eerily illuminating the forest. Branches and twigs scratched Luigi's face, but he couldn't stop running. Bowser figured this was the way King Boo may have gone. E Gadd noticed the route Luigi was leading them was awfully familiar. And Daisy immediately knew where Luigi was taking them...

Luigi had been sprinting for ten minutes straight. He was so exhausted he thought his lungs would collapse. However, just as his legs couldn't run another step, he broke through the final barrier of trees...
And appeared in the empty lot he had been hoping to find.
Daisy burst through not a second later. Luigi was utterly surprised to see that Daisy had been able to keep up the entire time. Hell, she seemed even less tired than him!
Daisy bent over to take a breath, then looked up...
and gasped.
"Oh my god, Luigi... here?!"
"Im afriad so," said Luigi.

Bowser's massive frame sqeezed through the trees a couple seconds later. He didn't seem at all tired, but he was curious about there they were.
"What the hell is this place?"
"Shut up!" Luigi and Daisy ordered at the same time.

E Gadd finally scrambled through the trees soon afterward. He looked as though he was ready to die of exhaustion, but he managed to stay on his feet. He walked up to Luigi's side and looked ahead.
"What in the..."

The four stared at the empty lot before them... and across the lot, was E Gadd's house.
And at the front door of the house was King Boo, chatting with his mysterious partner in

evil.
"What the hell are those brutes planning to do to my house?!" E Gadd said gruffly.
"Nothing," said Luigi, "But I think I have a feeling I know what they're going to do..."
"What is it?" Daisy asked, concerned.
"...I don't want to jump to conclusions, so..."
"Well c'mon Luigi! You want to give them the benefit of the doubt when they are without a doubt going to do something disatrous?! You're mad!!"
"C'mon guys, just trust me..."
"Why should we trust you?!" Bowser scoffed. "Like my grandmama always said, 'Never trust anyone dressed in plumber's clothes who claims he's an adventurer'..."
Luigi crossed his arms. "Well I found King Boo, didn't I?"
No one could find any way to argue with that.

"OK," said Daisy. "What do you propose we do?"
"Well," Luigi thought, "Let's wait until they go inside, and-"
"Inside?!" E Gadd asked. "Do they plan to do something with my machine?!"
"Please, let me finish. But, yeah, they plan on doing something with your machine. Anyway, let's follow them in, and before they do their thing, we jump out, take them by surprise, and unmask the identity of King Boo's partner. From there... E Gadd, do you have anything that can trap ghosts?"
"Other than my busted Poltergust 3000? No..."

Luigi realized then that what he was planning might not work. He closed his eyes and thought deeply.
Daisy didn't know why, but she had a feeling Luigi was planning something dangerous. And he knew it.

Luigi finally looked up. "OK, same plan, but this time... we wait until after they do their thing in order to unmask the partner's identity..."
E Gadd was shocked. "What?! But that makes no sense? Why wait until after?"
"It's a risky idea, but we have to reveal ourselves after this happens. Trust me..."
"OK," said E Gadd, "I have no idea what you're planning, but I trust you."
"Me too..." said Daisy. "...always..."
"Meh, if it'll get me on the top of the villian chart again, I guess I'll say it. I... trust you."
"Cool," Luigi smiled.
"...But I don't think I'll be able to fit in that tiny door," Bowser complained.
"That's ok, you can stay outside and watch for Kammy. She should be coming soon with information. Just... be prepared for a surprise, ok?"
Bowser didn't like the sound of that, but he agreed.
"Alright!" Luigi said. Let's just wait until King Boo and his buddy go inside...

The four hid behind the bushes and watched. King Boo and his clearly human partner were talking and making evil faces. Luigi wondered... could this person also be the one who freed King Boo from his painting in the first place?

Eventually, the two looked around to see if the coast was clear, then slowly walked into

he house and locked the door.
"OK, let's go!" Luigi said.
All four of them moved swiftly across the clearing and in front of the house. Bowser took his post there. "I'll be waiting for that 'surprise'," Bowser said.
"OK, let's go on in, guys..."

Luigi slowly opened the door into the dark house. Daisy followed close behind, followed by E Gadd. E Gadd carefully shut the door and they could all hear King Boo cackling away downstairs. E Gadd promplty began to descend the ladder, Luigi followed him down, and then Daisy. The three walked through the training room, and stopped outside the door to the Ghost Portrificationizer Room...

All three listened...
"Goodness, are you finished yet?!" they heard King Boo call impatiently.
"Just a minute," a hauntingly familiar voice answered.
The sound of clanging bolts and screws were heard, as though someone was altering the controls...
They then heard a noise like a V10 engine revving up. The machine was on.
"Yes!!! Let's do this!" King Boo yelled evilly.
"OK, just go on in and enjoy the ride..." the voice answered.

E Gadd gasped and Daisy put her hand over her mouth. They now understood what was happening...
King Boo was going to put himself back through the machine, and back out again, sacraficing his intellegence for pure, unspeakable rage. Who knows what horrible things he would be capable of now...?
Luigi, Daisy, and E Gadd listened through the door at the clanging machine. They heard King Boo's wicked laghter soon fade as the sound of swirling fluid filled the air.
"Oh my God, we have to stop him!" cried E Gadd. He made a mad dash for the doorknob, but Luigi grabbed his arm and wrestled him back. "No! We have to wait until King Boo is turned into a painting and revived again!"
"Are you CRAZY?!" Daisy yelled over the roar of the machinery. "I knew you had a dangerous idea, but this... this makes no sense! What are you trying to DO to us?!"
"She's right!" E Gadd jumped up and pinned Luigi against the wall. "Are you trying to get us KILLED?! King Boo is already more powerful than any of the other Portrait Ghosts that are already filled with rage! Do you have ANY idea how catastrophic this could be if we let it happen!?"
E Gadd looked absolutely crazed. Daisy's eyes were welling up with tears. She wondered if Luigi could really be trusted.

But Luigi knew what he was thinking. He didn't know what deadly powers King Boo might acquire from this, but he still was hopeful. How could he convince them to believe that he was perfectly sane?!
"Please!" He yelled, "I know my idea sounds crazy, but its better than just waiting around to die. We can put an end to this! We can put an end to King Boo's reign on earth! Isn't that worth trusting me?!"t

E Gadd's expression didn't change for a long time, but he then finally loosened his grip and let Luigi go. "OK, we'll see what you're thinking..."
"But Luigi," Daisy said, "Once King Boo is back in his painting, can't we just stop the process there? That way, King Boo will be trapped in his painting for good! And we won't have to do whatever it is you're planning to do..."
"No," Luigi said. "The laws of life and death have been tampered with enough... It's time to put King Boo where he belongs..."

"OK..." Daisy wiped her tears away and took Luigi's hand. "I believe you."

The three stood against the door once again. Luig and Daisy held each others' hands tightly, and E Gadd had his sweaty palm on the doorknob, ready to bust in.
Thety waited for the moment the machine started to go in reverse...

"OK, King Boo! Ready to come back to the real world?"
*WWWWRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!*

"NOW!" Luigi ordered.

E Gadd threw open the door and ran in. Luigi and Daisy ran in together. Inside, they saw King Boo's portrait riding backwards through the portrait press. Luigi immediately saw King Boo's partner at the controls. "YOU!!!" He ran and leapt at the person in fury.

It all happened in slow motion...
Luigi sailed through the air, red lights flashing from the machine all over, the room illuminated one second, dark the next...
He cursed at the person, who was so surprised that they turned around...
The lights went dark for a second...
Then flashed red again.
And as Luigi looked at the face before him, a wave of mixed emotions flew through him.
And just as Luigi trounced the evildoer to the ground, he called out the name...
"M-A-R-I-O!!!!!!???????"
Luigi slammed Mario to the ground and pinned his down. Mario stared up at him in utter surprise. "L-luigi?"
Luigi was so enraged he didn't even know what to say. "MARIO?! What the HELL are you doing?!?!" he yelled over the roar of the machinery.
Mario through his fist into Luigi's face, knocking him up and backwards into the control panel. Mario ran in for another blow, but Luigi moved, causing Mario to punch the control panel. Luigi ran around and shoved Mario against it.

"MARIO?!" Daisy cried in disbelief, her voice quivering.
"King Boo's already going into the ghost liquidator!" E Gad called out in alarm. "Mario, do you realize what you've DONE?!"

Luigi stared into Mario's twisted face. He could feel the hot tears rising in the back of his
eyes. "...Why?"
"Why?" Mario asked. "Why?! I'll tell you why! All my life I've been saving princesses and killing turtles and saing kingdoms, and I knew that one day there would be a quest for one brother to save the other. But why was it you who had to save me?! Huh?! I've never gotten the chance to to free you from danger! Why did the first 'brother saves brother' mission have YOU as the hero?!"
Luigi listened to Mario's explanation, absolutely stunned. "Are you fuggin' KIDDING ME!? That's it?! That's the whole reason you wanted to have me KILLED?!"
"Killed?! No, not killed! Just, I don't know, a revenge opportunity!"
Luigi shoved Mario onto the control panel again. "You have no IDEA, do you?! King Boo was once a man named Voltaire Mortegarth who once lived in my mansion! Our grandpa Leonard Rioma managed to seize Voltaire's money and mansion, and caused Voltaire to kill himself! Since then, Voltaire returned to earth as King Boo and has vowed to put an end to the Rioma family bloodline! Don't you see?! He's not going to spare you just because you helped him! He's going to kill us both!!!"
Mario was shocked at the tale he'd just heard. He felt so guilty for having put Luigi in such danger. "I... I'm sorry-!"
"Yeah, save the apologies for later, Bro! Right now, we have work to do! And besides, your reason for wanting revenge on me is total bull****!! C'mon Mario! After 20 years of watching you do all the princess-saving and kingdom-restoring, I finally get a starring role... And who do I have to save?! My BROTHER!! My BROTHER who's already 20 times as popular as I'll ever be! How do you think I felt?! But you didn't see ME trying to take revenge upon you, DID YOU!?"

Mario was taken aback. He didn't know what to say.
"I hate to break up the reunion," E Gadd said in a worried voice, "But... King Boo's coming!!!"

The sound of the machinery suddenly drowned out until the room was silent except for a faint warning siren. Luigi and Mario took their eyes off each other and watched as a bulging object squeezed through the pipe from the ghost liquidizar into the vacuum slot. A spine-tingling cackle came from within...

"Luigi..." Daisy said in a petrified voice.
"It'd be good if we could hear your plan now, sonny!" E Gadd yelled.
"Maybe I should talk to him..." Mario said.
"No Mario..." Luigi whispered. "He won't listen. His intellegence is gone. He only knows but one thing... kill us all."
"Then what do we do?" daisy asked, her heart pounding in her throat.
Luigi stared at the vacuum slot fearfully. "...Run..."

"But Luigi, I still think I can talk to him! I set him free! He'll underdstand!"
"No Mario... we have to run... now."

*What should happen now!?*
Mario struggled to release himself from Luigi's grasp. "Urgh... c'mon Luigi! I can talk to

him! Why wouldn't he listen to the guy who freed him from that stupid painting?!"
Luigi kept his grip on Mario's arm. "...Because he can't listen, Mario. I'm telling you, he's not going to show mercy just because you saved him!"

"Luigi!" Daisy screamed.
Luigi and Mario looked at the vacuum slot...
A white mist began to seep out and fill the room...
It soon concentrated into a humungous ball of white, ectoplasmic mist...
"He's coming..." E Gadd cried. "Everybody... RUN!!!"

Daisy immediately sprinted for the door. Luigi ran after her. Mario watched the mist beginning to take form...
"Mario, GET OUT OF HERE!!!" E Gadd ordered. But E Gadd sood his ground in the middle of the room.

Daisy began to climb the ladder back out, but realized E Gadd and Mario weren't with them. "Wait, Luigi! Where are E Gadd and Mario?!"
Luigi looked back and saw they weren't coming. He ran back and looked through the door. Mario appeared ready to run his @$$ outta there. But E Gadd stood still staring at the white cloud that was looking more like a bloodthirsty Boo every second.

"Professor! What are you doing! C'mon!!! He's gonna kill you!!!"
"Go on ahead!" E Gadd screamed. "I'll catch up in a minute! I have some things to say to this demon first..."
"But he won't listen to yo-!"
"JUST GO!!!!"

Luigi waited a second before reluctantly turning around and running towards the ladder where Daisy waited. Mario ran right behind him. "Let's get out of here!" Luigi said.
"But what about E Gadd?" Daisy cried.
"He'll be ok..."

Daisy started to climb the ladder. Luigi followed, with Mario right below. However, while they were climbing, a humungous crash shook the building! A warning siren rang madly and red emergency lights flashed all over. "PROFESSOR!!" Daisy called out.
"He'll be ok!" Luigi reassured her. "Just keep climbing! He'll be OK..."

E Gadd stood in the middle of the Ghost Portrificationizer Room, staring at the white mist as it shifted like mold into the shape of King Boo. E Gadd's heart pounded as the mist finally took it shape... a Boo with gleaming red eyes, a large blue tounge, and a golden, jewelless crown...
"Look at you..." E Gadd said angrily. "You were a monster then and you're a monster now!"
King Boo's eyes flashed like fire. He let out an ear-splitting shreik and began to grow...
"Sacrificing your mind for power... Just like every cowardly king before you!"
King Boo opened his mouth and revealed rows of long, razor-sharp yellow teeth, They

grew bigger as King Boo did, but E Gadd didn't move.
"You used the knowledge of a defenseless little boy to get you what you wanted!! How much more of a wuss can anyone be!!??"
King Boo snapped his jaws inches from E Gadd's face. He looked don and roared ferociously. He was now filling up the room and growing larger still...
"The crucifix never meant anything to you!! You only made God think so, is that it?! You only used it because you wanted revenge on the one who took your wealth! Is that it, Voltaire?! You risked becoming even more of a beast just because of MONEY!?"
King Boo stared down upon E Gadd, his eyes filled with raging fire...
"You fooled God and you fooled the Devil... Hell is to good for you! You don't even deserve to EXIST, you heartless son of a-!!!!"
King Boo opened his gaping jaws and lunged at E Gadd. It was a miracle that E Gadd managed to jump out of the way, seeing how large King Boo had become, but he did. King Boo missed and bit into the control panel. A large chunk of the machine exploded in a ball of fire, causing the warning sirens and emergency lights to go crazy. King Boo shrieked and fell backward. E Gadd used the distraction to run out of there unnoticed. He needed to catch up with Luigi, for he still had no idea what Luigi's plan was...

Bowser waited impatiently outside. Neither Kammy, nor any of the guys inside had shown for five minutes. Just when he started to get bored, he saw Kammy flying high overhead. She seemed lost.
"HEY KAMMY! DOWN HERE!!!"

Kammy stopped and looked down. She flew down and and stopped in front of Bowser. "Oh, thank goodness I found you, your Massiveness! I had no idea where you guys ran off to, so I flew over the forest to see if I could find you... and here you are!"
"Good, so since you're here, that means you got some news. What's the scoop?"
"Well, Wario and Waluigi were in the hands of some jar collector named Jarvis. He imprisoned Wario and Waluigi in a maze of jars. When you jumped in one, you would come out another! It was crazy! We saw Waluigi's head sticking out of one and his legs sticking out of another! Wario was too fat to fit in one and come out another, but I'm rambling now. Anyway, we saved them and got that ghost to cross over by taking pictures of his collection and posting it on the internet. We then found Toadsworth hiding in the corner of the downstairs Bathroom, so he was boring... oh, and Donkey Kong was found in the presence of some angry little girl named 'Sue Pea'..."
"Sue Pea?! What the hell kind of joke were her parents playing?"
"That's what I said! Anyway, we did the whole 'put whipped cream in her hand and tickle her nose' gag. It was great! She got kinda pissed though, so she got out of the bed to slaughter us, but once she got up, she vanished."
"...That's it? Her unfinished business was to get out of bed?!"
"It would seem so."
"Pssh! Well THAT'S dumb."
"I know. But hey! We've saved all the party guests, and we're now trying to help all the ghosts cross over! It'll take a while, but since our team's grown by four people, its a lot easier. We'll be done before you know it!"
"What about Mario?"


"No, there's still no sign of him. But we're looking."
"Good."
"And... what are you doing out here? Where are the others?"
"They're in there. They followed King Boo and his friend in there and now I have no idea what's going on... All I know is that I should be waiting for a surprise, but I haven't seen anything surprising yet..."

Just then, an explosion was heard from within! Sirens rang from behind the door and red lights flashed through the windows! "What the HELL!?" Bowser and Kammy cried.
Just then, the front door burst open and out ran Luigi, Daisy and Mario. Mario choked at the sight of Bowser and Kammy.
Bowser jumped. "What just happened?! And... Mario?! What are YOU doing here?! Wait... don't tell me... YOU were King Boo's partner, weren't you?!"
"Ummm, yeah, that was me..."
"Oh, now I'm REALLY gonna stomp your lilly @$$!!!"

"Wait!" Daisy screamed. "We have to run! King Boo's coming and he's crazier and deadlier than ever!"
"No," Luigi said, "We should wait for E Gadd..."
"Screw E Gadd!" Bowser said. "I don't wanna see King Boo's ugly mug again! Let's leg it!"
"No, we have to at least wait..." Mario said.
If anyone else disobeys, I swear to God, all of you're remaining votes will no be counted, and I will order everyone to give you the most horrendous verbal beatdown you've ever had. You've been warned.
A wins.

Luigi remained hopeful that E Gadd might be able to come out alive. "We're waiting," he said.
Everyoe looked at him like he was absolutely crazy.
"But Luigi," Mario said, "What if E Gadd doesn't escape? What if King Boo just pops out and just kills us all?"
"I'm willing to take that risk." Luigi said quietly.
"And even if E Gadd does make it out," Daisy wondered, "Where are we going to run to?! You still haven't told us!"
"...Back to the mansion." He answered.
"Back to the mansion???" Bowser choked. "Why? We'd just be going around in a circle!!!"
"No we wouldn't, Luigi insisted. "Look, I don't know what you guys believe, but I believe E Gadd's gonna make it. I'm staying. You all can run if you want.

Mario, Daisy, Bowser and Kammy looked at one another, as though waiting for each other to run. But no one did. Partly because they were willing to wait for E Gadd, and partly because they knew they would get lost in the woods if they decided to run now.
"Alright," said Kammy, "You all can stay, but I'm flying out of here..."
"NO!" Luigi said. "I think we may need your magic to help us..."

"What? How! My magic wouldn't work on King Boo!!"
"I don't need you to atack him or nothing. I might need you, though, in order to make my idea work. I need to ask E Gadd something first... when he comes out."
"Yeah, with King Boo right behind him!" Bowser grunted.
"Hey, shut it, you fat tub of lard!" Daisy screamed. "Luigi knows what he's talking about, so just listen to him, OK?!"
Bowser backed up. "Sheesh, OK, you crazy *****. Geez, Luigi, good luck controlling your girlfriend in bed."
Luigi and Daisy both bawked and looked at each other, embarrased.

Suddenly, the front door swung open! E Gadd ran out and stumbled to the floor. His lab coat was torn and his glasses were broken. Luigi ran over to help him up. "Professor, what's happening?!"
"King Boo... he's... coming... We have to... run!"
"OK, but first, would King Boo still be able to find his way around the mansion even with no intellegence?"
"Probably. His instincts would likely... wait, what? Why?! Are you planning on going back there!?"
"Yeah, I thought it was a pretty stupid idea too," Bowser said.
"Shut up, Fat Boy. Anyway, why do you need to know?"
Luigi turned to Kammy. "Kammy, can you use your magic to block the light of the moon?"
Kammy turned her broom and looked up at the moon. "Hmm... probably. I'd need to get closer, though."
"OK, fly back to the mansion, and find a way to get as close to the moon as possible to block the light."
Kammy asked no questions. "OK, I can create a cloud to completely block off the moonlight, but once I do, it will only last for about five minutes!"
Luigi's eyebrows raised. "Only five minutes...?"
"I'm afraid so..."

Luigi would've reconsidered had not the ground begun to shake violently... "That's fine! Just GO!!"
Kammy nodded and flew off at full speed.

The remaining five watched in shock as E Gadd's shack suddenly exploded from within! They shielded their eyes from the rain of dust and wood, and when the dust finally cleared...
They stared into the most hideous Boo face they'd ever seen. And it towered at least 10 feet over them. It opened its mouth, revealing rows of yellow, jagged teeth.
"OH ****! I'm outta here!" Bowser screamed. He began to run his @$$ off through the trees.

"LET'S GO!!!" Luigi grabbed Daisy's hand and they began to run. Mario followed behind, and E Gadd struggled to keep up. King Boo let out a loud cry and began to pursue them through the trees...

Luigi and Daisy sprinted, dodging trunks and stumps left and right. Ahead, they could see Bowser, but they could see he was veering slightly in the wrong direction. "BOWSER!!!" Luigi tried to call to him. "You're going the wrong way!!!" But by the time he finished, Bowser had already disappeared... "I hope he's OK!" Daisy yelled over the noise.

Luigi looked back and saw Mario and E Gadd running for their lives. It was amazing how King Boo's massive form so swiftly drifted through the trees. He was going right through every single one! He was catching up and a frightening rate, and Luigi feared E Gadd would get ripped apart by those hellish teeth any second.
Daisy looked back too. "Oh my God, Professor! Hurry!!!"

E Gadd was running a few paces behind Mario, but he was slowly falling behind. He was panting so hard his eyes were starting to tear up. He wasnt going to make it. King Boo's eyes shone with glee...

*How should the story continue?!*
"IS EVERYONE READY???" Kammy screamed.
"YEAH!!!" Everyone cried.

Kammy had zoomed back to the mansion in less than a minute and called everyone outside. She was pleased to hear that most of the Portrait Ghosts had now been saved, but right now, they needed to focus on helping Kammy get close enough to the moon to cover the moonlight. She explained quickly, but the explanation was enough to get everyone riled up. Kammy immediately told them her idea and got everyone into place.

Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Toadsworth, Geno and Kammy were all set up on the roof. Yoshi's tongue had been stretched out between the elevator tower and the left pulled the tongue down. Kammy stood against it and DK pulled Kammy and the tongue back like a huge rubber band. Toadsworth, who had mastered physics and geometry, instructed DK in exactly where to position Kammy and the epicenter of Yoshi's tongue so they could properly target the moon.

That's right. They were planning to use Yoshi's tounge as a slingshot in order to allow Kammy to accelerate to the moon fast enough so she could shrowd the moon's light as soon as Luigi and the others were seen. Yoshi didn't seen to mind, though. In fact, he rather enjoyed his usefullness in the situation.

"You two doing alright over there?" Wario called to Yoshi and Waluigi, keeping a firm glove on the end of Yoshi's tongue.
"You bet!" Waluigi called back.
"YOSHI!!!"
"Yoshi tongue fling Witchy Lady to moon?" DK questioned.chimmeny stack. Wario stood on the elevator tower, holding one end of Yoshi's tongue. Waluigi held onto Yoshi one the chimmey stack, just to make sure Yoshi didn't lose footing. Once the tongue was stretched across and in place, Donkey Kong climbed up and


"Yes," Kammy said, "Now pay attention! Geno's looking out for the Toad's signal right now!"

Geno's job was to look out for Toad's signal. In fact, everyone was on the roof except for Toad. He was on top of a tree bordering the forest with a flashlight in his hand. He was to look out for Luigi and the gang,and when he saw them, he would wave the flashlight around in the air. Geno would then order DK to let go, thereby launching Kammy and her broom straight towards the moon.
"TOAD!!! Any sign of them!!!???" Geno called.
"I'll wave the flashlight when I see them, OK?" Toad cried back, barely audible.
"OK!!!" Geno answered. He wasn't sure what Toad had said, because he was so far away, though.
And so Geno waited... Waited for the flashlight to shine and unleash all hell...

Peach had refused to help with the plan. She was still in the mansion, searching for Mario. But the fact is, she was about to get a big surprise...
Toad was having some difficulty staying on top of the tree. His weight caused in to shift one way and another, and the evil, ghostly breeze flowing around didn't make things easier. He didn't have much to do, though. All he had to do was shine the flashlight when he saw signs of Luigi, Daisy, E Gadd, Bowser, Mario and King Boo coming. Easy!

For a moment, Toad almos forgot what the hell he wa doing up in that tree, until he heard something...
A scream...
A stampede of several feet...
A ghostly shriek...

Toad peered through the leaves and saw something deep within the woods. It looked like three bodies and a huge, flourescent white ball giving chase...
Three bodies? Wasn't he waiting for five?
But he had no time to think. They were approaching fast.

"It's them alright!" Toad cried. "Oh no, what do I do what do I do what do I do... Oh yeah, the flashlight!"
Toad whipped out his flashlight in order to turn it on, but perhaps to swiftly.
The flashlight slipped from his hand...
"NOOO!!!" Toad cried, but he missed his attempt to save it. He watched it fall into the dark foliage below.
"Oh no..." he said. He looked and saw the King Boo and the three people had advanced considerably. They were so close! Toad needed to give the signal! Or SOME signal! But Geno was so far away... yelling wouldn't help much! What should he do?!

*How should Toad give the alert to Geno? But as creative as you need to be. Something useful in his pocket, perhaps? It doesn't matter! Just hurry! >_<*
Toad was panicking. He'd dropped the one thing he needed most at that moment and had

no time to retrive it. King Boo and his victims were moving fast, and he needed to get the word to Geno to launch Kammy!

Toad began to dig around in his pockets for something he could use. "Err... I know it's... around... somewhere... AHA! My Solar-Powered Flashlight!"
Toad held it in the air and flipped the switch, but it didn't turn on.
"Huh...? Wait, I know there's some catch... what is it again...? Oh, right! It's solar-powered! It needs light to turn on!"
And so, Toad pulled another flashlight out of his ear and pointed it at the solar panel of the solar-powered one. However, this flashlight wouldn't turn on.
"Dang, outta batteries!" Toad grunted.
And so Toad pulled another flashlight out of his nose and took out the batteries. He put the batteries in the second flashlight, pointed it at the solar panel, and turned it on.

The panel absorbed the rays and powered up the solar-powered flashlight! Toad aimed it up triumphantly, and a pillar of light pierced the night sky!

When Geno saw the light, his heart skipped.
"LAUNCH THE WITCH!!!" He yelled.

"What?!" Kammy asked, startled.
"Launch witch!" said DK. And with that, he released Yoshi's tongue...

...And Kammy was slingshot'd towards the moon like a speeding bullet!
"AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" She screamed as the clouds zipped by and the moon rushed towards her at phenomenal speed. Despite the high velocity, Kammy was able to raise her wand...
And once she got close enough, she waved it around and cast the spell!
...And a black cloud quickly swirled in the sky and engulfed the moon in total blackness in a matter of seconds.
The area around the mansion now lay in utter darkness.
"YEE-HA! We did it!" She screamed happily. "Let's hope Luigi can do whatever he needs to in these five minutes..."


E Gadd ran as fast as he could, but every breath welled up pain in his chest. He wasn't going to make it. King Boo laughed in delight as though he knew E Gadd would make his next meal...
Luigi looked back and saw the Professor struggling to stay just one step ahead. Daisy looked back too. They couldn't run back for him. King Boo was moving too fast. They would be killed. They could only watch as E Gadd ran ever slower and King Boo grew more eager to chomp on his bones by the second. They were just about ready to say good-bye...

But then, they were both surprised to see Mario run backwards, fling King Boo up on his shoulders, and begin running again! Mario had saved him!
Luigi was so overtaken with joy that he didn't see the mansion coming into view through the thicket of trees. He prayed that Kammy had a plan to block the light of the moon...
As they continued to run with the colossal beast behind them, they saw an unexpected sight. A flash of light shone from the top of a nearby tree, and from the roof of the mansion, it looked like a missle had been launched... straight for the moon! Could it be...?
Luigi and Daisy broke the edge of the forest and were now in the small clearing in front of the mansion door. Mario, with E Gadd on his back, followed close behind, and they all ran across towards the mansion porch. King Boo pursued still, cackling evilly.

...And just as Luigi and Daisy took theitr first step onto the porch...
The world suddenly became engulfed in darkness.
Kammy had done it! He had no idea how, but he didn't care. The moonlight was now blocked off from the world!
...But not for long. Luigi knew he had precious little time, so he had to use the darkness to lure King Boo to the Secret Altar, fast...

It was all but impossible to see in this darkness. Luigi put his hands out in front of him to feel for the door, but found himself slamming into them. He heard Daisy do the same right next to him. Mario and E Gadd hit the door right between them.
All three looked back and saw King Boo flying towards them. The ghostly glow he emitted made him easy to see, but he looked very confused. He suddenly slowed down and began to look around. His eyes narrowed in frustration, and he went on a rampage, flying around, snapping his massive teeth, hoping to catch something in them.
Luigi used this moment to open the door. He let the others in, and proceeded to slam it shut.

Luigi breathed heavily. "Everyone OK?"
"Yeah," Daisy said. "My god, that was the scariest thing I've ever been through!" She sighed and closed her eyes.
It made Luigi worry to see Daisy so scared and tired. He put his hand on her shoulder to confort her.
"Luigi," E Gadd said, hopping off of Mario's back, "You may be wondering why King Boo thinks he can eat us if he clearly passes through everything. Well, that's because he can! If he can see something, he decides whether he wants to be able to physically interact with it or not! This darkness is the perfect idea, old boy!"
"But Luigi!" Mario said. "Kammy said this darkness will only last five minutes! I'm still not sure what you're planning to do to him, but having King Boo run around outside like a headless chicken isn't gonna help!"
Mario was right. They needed to lure King Boo, but not by sight...
By sound...

Luigi slowly walked over to the door and opened it. He peeked through and saw King Boo still roaming around outside crazily. Luigi then gathered his energy and slammed the door as hard as he could.

Luigi then ran back to the center of the room with the others. "Wait for it..." he whispered.
They waited for a dew seconds...
And suddenly, King Boo burst through the doors, screeching furiously! Daisy covered her mouth to keep from screaming, and E Gadd nearly toppled over.

But King Boo suddently became confused again. He was snivelling around like some animal. He still couldn't see them...

Luigi looked towards the door that lead to the hallway. All they had to do was go throughthe doors, right down the hall, down the stairs to the basment, through the cellar, through one more hallway, and they'd be in the Secret Altar.

Luigi wondered how they should go about using King Boo's sense of hearing to lure him to the Altar...

*How should they so it? Keep in mind that time is tight!*

King Boo's eyes flashed blood red as he began to fly around the Foyer, snapping his jaws, hoping to ensnare something. Luigi watched him and was absolutely stunned how as to why King Boo would give up his brain just for the sake of power. Just look at what he'd become...

But that was the least of their concerns. They had to get King boo to the Secret Altar, and fast. At this point, they probably had less than four minutes left.
He thought a little bit. The route to the Secret Altar wasn't very far, so running was an option. However, even if the run wasn't far, King Boo could still totally maul them. Was it worth the risk...?

Luigi eventually figured it was. He clenched his fists, got into running position, and took in a deep breath...
"RUN!!!"

And with that, Luigi bolted for the hallway door.
Daisy, E Gadd, and Mario were all startled by the outburst from the dark, but they understood. They heard Luigi's footsteps and did their best to follow them. They eventually all made it through the door.
King Boo, however, had heard the outburst too. And he could distinctly hear the sound of their footsteps scurrying down the hall...
He flew towards where he heard the footsteps, but smacked his face against the door! After a brief pause, King Boo realized the door's presence and flew right through it. He turned right and flew down the hall towards the sound of running footsteps...

The four were having difficulty running through the dark. They stumbled several times, but they did their best to keep their balance, for a trip and fall only meant good-bye...

"Luigi! NO!!"

But Luigi flipped the switch. The backlight shone far brighter than he expected.
And it shone right on Daisy.

King Boo caught a glimpse of the light and looked down...
And saw Daisy, completely illuminated. Her eyes wide in terror...
King Boo smied evilly and shot down with amazing speed.

"LUIGIIIIII!!!!!" Daisy screamed. She tried to move, but King Boo dove down like a bloodthristy hawk, opened his mouth, and bit down hard on her upper right arm.

The swift attack caused Luigi, Mario and E Gadd to all stumble backwards. Luigi, who had been holding the GameBoy Horror, caused the light to flit away from the scene. After hearing Daisy's desperate cries, Luigi shone the light on King Boo to see what he was doing.
He gasped in fright and digust at what he saw. King Boo had his jaws fastened on Daisy's arm, grwoling and snarling like an angry beast, tugging and trying to pull a chunk out of Daisy's arm. Daisy was screaming and trying to break loose. She used her free arm to try and hit or push King Boo off, but her arm went right through him. She even tried grabbing his teeth, but her hand flew right through them, too. All the while, blood dripped down her arm and all the way down her dress as she fought frantically to free herself. Her futile efforts frustrated and scared her. How was she going to break free?!

Luigi stared in shock at the scene before him. It scared him so much...
But it also made him angry...
Angry at King Boo, and angry at himself.
He had to save her...
He wasn't going to sit by like a coward.
Not again.
He was going to save her...
Somehow...

Using the GameBoy Horror light, he could faintly see Mario and E Gadd, who looked just as frightened as he did, but they looked ready to spring into action...
Luigi wondered if he could use their help, or if this was something he needed to do on his own...
He had little time to think. King Boo's growls and Daisy's cries echoed ever louder...

It made Luigi so scared - and angry - to see Daisy in such danger. He needed to act now. He wasn't going to wait for Mario or E Gadd to make the first move. He was going to make the first - and only - move.
King Boo squealed in pleasure as he tore ruthlessly at Daisy's arm, trying to rip the meat off. Daisy screamed in fear and agony. Her cries gave Luigi the courage to make his move...

Luigi boldly turned off the GameBoy Horror, casting the staircase in darkness, except for King Boo and his ephemeral light. Luigi suddenly bolted forward, slid underneath King Boo's body, and delivered a powerful kick right under King Boo's tail!

King Boo sreeched in pain, opening his mouth wide, releasing Daisy's bloody arm. King Boo flew around in a furry, screaming in pain. Luigi wasn't exactly sure where he had kicked King Boo, but it must've been a sensitive spot! C:
"C'mon, everyone! The Secret Altar's just through the cellar and down the hall! Hurry!" Luigi screamed. He felt around for the doorknob, and when he found it, he opened it and ordered everyone through.

In the darkness, Luigi heard Daisy run past him through the door, quivering with each deep breath she made. Luigi felt so bad for her. How could he have been so careless? His carelessness had almost gotten her killed... many times. At that moment, King Boo was the least of his concerns. Right then, he just wanted Daisy to be OK...
Once everyone was through the door, Luigi took a deep, sorrowful sigh and ran through, closing it behind him.


"Holy crap, it's dark! Who'd have thought the moon gave off so much friggin' light? I'd say mission accomplished, guys!" Wario leapt triumphantly off the elevator tower, but because he couldn't see the floor, he endured a bit of a rough landing.

Waluigi and Yoshi hopped off their chimmeny as well.
"Damn right, it's dark! I thought the stars were a little brighter than that... Meh, oh well. Won't be dark long, will it?" Waluigi said.
"Hahah! Witch lady fly fast!" DK Laughed.
"YOSHI!!"
"Well, well, mission accomplished indeed!" Toadsworth announced. "I suppose now is a good time to tell you all that I actually failed geometry in high school, and that all my calculations were all wild guesses!"
"What?! Why, if I could see you right now I'd..."
"Ah, settle down Wario. Show the lucky doofus some mercy."
"Lucky... Doofus?! Why, I must say, I don't believe I deserved such a verbal beating!"
"Yoshi!"

Geno stared out into the darkness, but couldn't see Toad, or anything, for that matter. "TOAD!" he called as loud as his throat allowed. "SHOW US THE LIGHT!!!"
Geno waited nervously...
Until a light finally flickered from a treetop in the distance. It was so dark that the light seemed almost blinding, but Geno was glad to see Toad was OK.

"Well, I ain't got no idea what's happening here," Wario said, "But I hope whatever Luigi and them are up to, I hope they do it ok."
"Oh, Wario! Have some faith, old boy! I'm sure everything is going just fine..."

Suddenly, a worried voice came from below in the mansion courtyard. "HELP!! HELP!! Someone's in trouble!!!"
Toadsworth immediately recognized the voice. "Princess Peach???"
"Yes! Toadsworth?? Where are you?? I hear your voice coming from above..."
"I'm on the roof, my lady!!"
"What?! Why?!"
"Princess, if you had stayed and listened to what Kammy had to say when she came back, you'd have known everything..."
"Oh... well, who's up there with you??"
"ME!!" cried Wario, Waluigi, Geno, and DK.
"YOSHI!!!"
"I'm up here!!" called Toad's voice from the tree. He waved his flashlight around so Peach could see.
Peach was confused. "What are you all doing on the roof... and in a tree- oh, never mind! Listen, there's trouble in the mansion!!"
"What trouble?" Everyone asked.
"Well, I was looking for Mario in the mansion when suddenly, the entire mansion went pitch black! I was in the 1st floor hallway at the time, so I figured I'd make my way to the Foyer and wait there for help. But on the way, I heard a bunch of people running through the hall. It was so dark, I couldn't see who. I was about to see where they went when I saw King Boo fly down the hall after them! He was humungous! At least 10 feet tall... once he passed, I immediately made my way through the dark out here. I fogured eveeyone was still outside, though not on the roof and... in a tree... but my point is, I heard one of the people, and it sounded like Mario!"
Toadsworth sighed. "Again princess! If you had just stayed and listened, you would have known that Mario was expected to return to the mansion with Luigi, Daisy, E Gadd and Bowser!"
"What?! But that makes no sense! Luigi, Daisy, E Gadd and Bowser were the only ones that left to go after King Boo! Why would Mario be expected to return with them?!"
"Well, Kammy didn't exactly explain that part..."
"URRGGHH!!! Whatever! Listen, I heard them running towards the basment stairs! I have a really bad feeling about this, so let's get down there as fast as we can and help them!"

"Very well," Toadsworth said. "Let's take the elevator down into the mansion and help Luigi!"
"YEAAAHHH!!!" Everyone on the roof exclaimed.
"How am I gonna get down?!" Toad cried.
"Just jump headfirst! Your big head'll absorb the shock!"
"Oh, OK..."
And so Toad did. Though, he bounced rather high upon hitting the ground and landed on his face. "Oww..."

And with that, Toadsworth, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi and Geno found their way to the elevator, and Peach and Toad ran in through the front door. Kammy had now begun to fly back to earth. Her wand was worn out, and would be a few hours before she could cast a
Suddenly, a worried voice came from below in the mansion courtyard. "HELP!! HELP!! Someone's in trouble!!!"
Toadsworth immediately recognized the voice. "Princess Peach???"
"Yes! Toadsworth?? Where are you?? I hear your voice coming from above..."
"I'm on the roof, my lady!!"
"What?! Why?!"
"Princess, if you had stayed and listened to what Kammy had to say when she came back, you'd have known everything..."
"Oh... well, who's up there with you??"
"ME!!" cried Wario, Waluigi, Geno, and DK.
"YOSHI!!!"
"I'm up here!!" called Toad's voice from the tree. He waved his flashlight around so Peach could see.
Peach was confused. "What are you all doing on the roof... and in a tree- oh, never mind! Listen, there's trouble in the mansion!!"
"What trouble?" Everyone asked.
"Well, I was looking for Mario in the mansion when suddenly, the entire mansion went pitch black! I was in the 1st floor hallway at the time, so I figured I'd make my way to the Foyer and wait there for help. But on the way, I heard a bunch of people running through the hall. It was so dark, I couldn't see who. I was about to see where they went when I saw King Boo fly down the hall after them! He was humungous! At least 10 feet tall... once he passed, I immediately made my way through the dark out here. I fogured eveeyone was still outside, though not on the roof and... in a tree... but my point is, I heard one of the people, and it sounded like Mario!"
Toadsworth sighed. "Again princess! If you had just stayed and listened, you would have known that Mario was expected to return to the mansion with Luigi, Daisy, E Gadd and Bowser!"
"What?! But that makes no sense! Luigi, Daisy, E Gadd and Bowser were the only ones that left to go after King Boo! Why would Mario be expected to return with them?!"
"Well, Kammy didn't exactly explain that part..."
"URRGGHH!!! Whatever! Listen, I heard them running towards the basment stairs! I have a really bad feeling about this, so let's get down there as fast as we can and help them!"

"Very well," Toadsworth said. "Let's take the elevator down into the mansion and help Luigi!"
"YEAAAHHH!!!" Everyone on the roof exclaimed.
"How am I gonna get down?!" Toad cried.
"Just jump headfirst! Your big head'll absorb the shock!"
"Oh, OK..."
And so Toad did. Though, he bounced rather high upon hitting the ground and landed on his face. "Oww..."

And with that, Toadsworth, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi and Geno found their way to the elevator, and Peach and Toad ran in through the front door. Kammy had now begun to fly back to earth. Her wand was worn out, and would be a few hours before she could cast a

Suddenly, a worried voice came from below in the mansion courtyard. "HELP!! HELP!! Someone's in trouble!!!"
Toadsworth immediately recognized the voice. "Princess Peach???"
"Yes! Toadsworth?? Where are you?? I hear your voice coming from above..."
"I'm on the roof, my lady!!"
"What?! Why?!"
"Princess, if you had stayed and listened to what Kammy had to say when she came back, you'd have known everything..."
"Oh... well, who's up there with you??"
"ME!!" cried Wario, Waluigi, Geno, and DK.
"YOSHI!!!"
"I'm up here!!" called Toad's voice from the tree. He waved his flashlight around so Peach could see.
Peach was confused. "What are you all doing on the roof... and in a tree- oh, never mind! Listen, there's trouble in the mansion!!"
"What trouble?" Everyone asked.
"Well, I was looking for Mario in the mansion when suddenly, the entire mansion went pitch black! I was in the 1st floor hallway at the time, so I figured I'd make my way to the Foyer and wait there for help. But on the way, I heard a bunch of people running through the hall. It was so dark, I couldn't see who. I was about to see where they went when I saw King Boo fly down the hall after them! He was humungous! At least 10 feet tall... once he passed, I immediately made my way through the dark out here. I fogured eveeyone was still outside, though not on the roof and... in a tree... but my point is, I heard one of the people, and it sounded like Mario!"
Toadsworth sighed. "Again princess! If you had just stayed and listened, you would have known that Mario was expected to return to the mansion with Luigi, Daisy, E Gadd and Bowser!"
"What?! But that makes no sense! Luigi, Daisy, E Gadd and Bowser were the only ones that left to go after King Boo! Why would Mario be expected to return with them?!"
"Well, Kammy didn't exactly explain that part..."
"URRGGHH!!! Whatever! Listen, I heard them running towards the basment stairs! I have a really bad feeling about this, so let's get down there as fast as we can and help them!"

"Very well," Toadsworth said. "Let's take the elevator down into the mansion and help Luigi!"
"YEAAAHHH!!!" Everyone on the roof exclaimed.
"How am I gonna get down?!" Toad cried.
"Just jump headfirst! Your big head'll absorb the shock!"
"Oh, OK..."
And so Toad did. Though, he bounced rather high upon hitting the ground and landed on his face. "Oww..."

And with that, Toadsworth, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi and Geno found their way to the elevator, and Peach and Toad ran in through the front door. Kammy had now begun to fly back to earth. Her wand was worn out, and would be a few hours before she could cast a

'kay.Heres what should be the part before the finale.

as possible. "W-who is that?"
"Luigi..."
"Luigi? What is it?"
"I know I've made a lot mistakes, and I've gotten you hurt so much... it's about time I made up for those mistakes..."
"What do you mean...?"
"I..."
But he stopped, for King Boo onc again floated above their heads, snarling to himself.
"I... have to do this..."
"Do what?"
But she already heard him shuffling away.
"No!" she whispered as loud as she could. "Luigi...!"

Using the darkness, Luigi quickly, but quietly, crawled on his stomach towards the Altar door. Once he reached there, he stood up slowly. King Boo was at the far end of the hall, and was now working his way back. His eyes seemed to glow more red by the minute, and he feared his frustration would suddenly get the best of him soon...
And the moonlight would return in mere seconds...

Luigi carefully took out his GameBoy Horror...
Opened the lid...
Closed his eyes...
And flipped it on.
The light illuminated his face. His angry, unafraid face.

King Boo immediately caught sight of the light. He flew down the hall and saw Luigi's brightly lit face. King Boo laughed wickedly and zoomed at him like a wild animal!

E Gadd, Mario, and especially Daisy were all surprised and scared at Luigi's action. What was he doing? Why was he risking his life like this?!
"NOOO!!!" Mario cried. Once King Boo flew over his head, he jumped up and ran after him. E Gadd hopped up and stood there, his eyes wide.
Daisy tried to lift her body up, but her injured arm prevented her. She screamed as King Boo darted at Luigi with sharp fangs and gleaming eyes...

Luigi saw the open jaws flying at his face at amazing speed, but at the very last second, Luigi suddenly reached behind him, opened the Altar door, and rolled forward, right under King Boo's charging body! King Boo had been tricked into flying right into the Altar!

Luigi stood up triumphantly, and looked forward. The hallway suddenly began to glow with a faint blue light...
The moonlight. It was back.
Luigi was so glad he'd done it in time. He continued to stare forward until the light was bright enough to see Daisy, Mario, and E Gadd's smiling faces.
But when it became that bright, he did see them...

But they weren't smiling.
They looked... scared?
But why?
Daisy suddenly called out."Luigi! LOOK OUT!!!"
Luigi had no time to react. He suddenly felt King Boo's six-inch teeth jam into his left shoulder! even sank into his neck. He could feel the blood beginning to pour down his shirt already.
"AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!" Luigi screamed, as he tried to reach back and pull King Boo off of himself.

Luigi realized he hadn't closed the door all the way, and that King Boo had merely bumped into it and never entered the Altar! He also realized he dropped the GameBoy Horror at his feet. He tried to reach down for it, but King Boo's strong jaws pulled him back. "HELP MEEE!!!" He called out. The pain in his shoulder and neck grew worse by the second.

Mario suddenly bolted forward and slid past Luigi and King Boo. He kicked the half open door all the way open.
E Gadd then ran forward and picked the GameBoy Horror off the ground. "Cover your eyes, Luigi!" It took a lot of willpower, but Luigi took his hands away from his thorbbing shoulder and covered his eyes. E Gadd turned on the backlight and threw it on the ground, where it blew up like a flash grenade! King Boo was blinded by the blast! He released Luigi and backed up, squirming, trying to console his eyes.
Daisy suddenly ran up to him, screamed, and delivered a high-heeled kick right in his face!
They had done it! King Boo was thrown backwards into the Altar!!!

All four cheered and ran inside. Luigi and Mario quickly used their fire ablities to light all the candles aflame. The room now shone a god-like gold. The judging would begin...
Now.

But, nothing happened.
Luigi, Daisy, and Mario were confused.
Even E Gadd.
King Boo did nothing but float there, staring at them.
No Arbiter. Nothing...
What was going on?

"All Boos who visit a holy site are meant to be judged..." E Gadd whispered. "Why aren't you going to hell?!" He cried.
"Because," King Boo said, "I am no Boo!"
All four were taken aback. Had he just spoken?! But how?! Why?! And... what did he mean he wasn't a Boo?!"
"What do you mean?" Luigi asked.
King Boo smiled wickedly. "I am no Boo... I do not meet the conditions needed to

This be the most gruesome part.

become a Boo. You know that, Professor, do you not?!"
E Gadd stammered. "B-but then... what are you?"
King Boo's smiled vanished. "I am a lost soul... a soul banished from both heaven and hell. St Peter will never accept me, and the devil wants nothing to do with me. Even the great Arbiter can't judge me now..."
"But then, how can you cross over?" Daisy asked.

King Boo smiled again. "Only if I choose to, my dear..."
"And... what is your choice?" Mario asked.
"Hmmm... let's see... I think I choose... to stay! HA!"
"But why...?" Mario asked.
"Because, fool, I have some business I still need to take care of..."
"What business...?"
"THIS!!!"

And with that, King Boo shot forward with his mouth open. He latched his teeth around Mario's face... and ripped it clean off.

"MAAAARIOOOO!!!!!" Luigi cried in grief. Mario's body flopped on the ground, lifeless, blood flowing from the bloody pulp where the face once was. Luigi knelt beside him and wept. Daisy turned away and sobbed, and E Gadd closed his eyes in sorrow.
King Boo let Mario's face hang from one of his long, yellow teeth. He laughed with pleasure at his deed. "It was clever of your father to change his last name. But not clever enough..."
Luigi stared at King Boo angrily. "You bastard!!! What will be left for you once you kill me, too! What will you live for!?"
"I will spend my days rallying up my undead army to overthrow the living! The living shall serve the dead, as I always believed!"
"I'll never let that happen..." Luigi said angrily.
"Why does it matter to you?!" King Boo asked, mockingly. "You're to suffer the same fate as your brother... right now!"

King Boo opened his mouth, ready to attack, but Daisy suddenly leapt forward and embraced Luigi.
"NO!" She cried. "I won't let you!!"
Luigi looked at her, surprised. And happy.
King Boo was surprised as well. "Hmph, stupid girl! I don't wish to kill you! MOVE!!"
"I... no, I won't move! I'll stand here forever if I have to!!"

King Boo narrowed his eyes. "Fine... I'll kill you BOTH then!"

Daisy then closed her eyes and buried her face in Luigi's chest. Luigi held her and stared at King Boo's widening jaws...

*From here, come up with an event that will save Luigi and Daisy! It can be as silly or serious as you want it to be! But come up with SOMETHING!!


And please note that the next part is... THE FINALE!!! C:*

Luigi and Daisy held one another as King Boo prepared to lunge forward and slash the them apart with his teeth. But just as he was about to make his final move...

The Altar door suddenly burst open! Yoshi, Toad, Geno, Wario, Waluigi, DK, Toadsworth, and lastly Peach, all ran in, screaming threats and preparing to tackle King Boo down once and for all!

E Gadd, Luigi, Daisy, and even King Boo were stunned!

However, upon seeing King Boo's massive form and razor-like teeth, they all suddenly screamed and retreated to a corner of the room.
"Goodness, he looks absolutely vicious!" Toadsworth cried.
"What are we gonna do now?" Geno asked, worried.

Peach then caught sight of Mario's dead body on the floor.
"No..." she whispered.
Ignoring King Boo floating over her, she ran to his side and turned his body over...
And when she saw he had lost his face, she did not scream, but merely began to cry.
All the party guests were shocked and were filled with grief at the sight before them...
Mario was dead.

Peach looked up at King Boo angrily. "What did you DO to him...?!" She asked menacingly.
King Boo laughed. "What does it look like? I ate his face off!!"
Peach turned her head and continued to weep over Mario's body.

King Boo then turned to Luigi and Daisy, who were still embracing one another. "And that's exactly what I'm going to do to all of YOU!"
King Boo showed his monstrous teeth to the crowd of guests, and they all back up, not knowing what to do. This could be the end for them...

Toad suddenly jumped forward. "WAIT! I know what to do in this type of situation! CUE SEXY MUSIC!!!"
Some exotic music suddenly started playing out of nowhere. Toad stood in the center of the room and provokingly rip off his vest, revealing his torso.
Everyone stared. "How the HELL is this helping?!" Wario asked.
Everyone gagged when Toad ripped off his white pants.
"And who the hell would get turned on by that?" Waluigi wondered.

The Altar door suddenly opened again, and in came Bowser and Kammy!
"Sorry," Bowser said, "I got lost in the woods, and then it got all dark, and then I... WHAT THE-?!?!? Holy crap! This mansion has a strip club in the basement!? Ho, and this time I thought this room might be that Secret Altar you all were babbling about! Sweet!! I'm gonna go crazy! W00t!!!!"


And so Bowser pulled out a coin and attempted to stick it between Toad's buttcheeks.

"ENOUGH!!!" King Boo yelled. "I will not let some neurotic Toad stop me from doing what I've been planning to do for seventy years!!!"
He turned back to Luigi and Daisy.
"I shall now have the pleasure of killing off the Rioma family bloodline for good..."
"YOSHI!!!" Yoshi cried as he leapt forth to attack. He lashed out his tongue, but King Boo caught it with his teeth and gruesomely yanked, pulling it out! Yoshi squealed in pain and tried to console his bleeding mouth. His tongue was the length of his body, so when King Boo pulled it out, it caused such severe trauma on Yoshi's insides that he fell down dead in seconds.
Toad ran at King Boo, butt-naked, not exactly sure what he was going to do, but King Boo merely chomped off Toad's fungus head. Toad felt lifelessly to the ground, his head eaten whole.

Everyone charged at once, but King Boo easily slaughtered them all. Luigi and Daisy watched in horror and sorrow as their friends lost in a shower of blood and gore. Their deaths were too horrible and gruesome to describe...
All that mattered was that they all lay dead, in a pool of blood and mangled body parts.

King Boo licked the red off his teeth and looked back at Luigi and Daisy.
"...And finally, YOU...!"

King Boo got ready for the attack, and with teary eyes and heavy hearts, Luigi and Daisy held each other tighter than ever. This was the end for them...

King Boo launched forward, and Luigi watched as those horrible teeth flew at his face. He closed his eyes...

But nothing happened...
He opened his eyes, and saw his was in a dark place. Blackness, all around. Where was he...?
A figure then floated up to him in the shape of a man. Luigi recognized the person... in fact, he looked a lot like Luigi himself.

"My grandson, Luigi..."
Luigi's eyebrows shot up. "L-Leonard?!"
The man nodded and stroked his mustache. "All these years, I've merely watched as Voltaire attempted to end the bloodline of my family. I regret that I've done little to try and stop him... All truely ever did was convince your father to change his last name... but I knew Voltaire would catch on eventually, and now, it has come to this..."
"Leonard," Luigi said. "It's OK, don't feel bad. I'm sure I can stop him, if you help me..."
"I cannot help you..."
"But... why not?"
"It doesn't matter why. Just answer me this, do you wish to further protect the Rioma family chain, or do you wish for Voltaire to cross over for good?"


Luigi thought a bit. If Voltaire killed him, he would later go on to overthrow the living... He couldn't let that happen. "I guess I would want King Boo to go to hell where he belongs," Luigi said. "But... why do you ask that? Why can't I do both?"
Leonard closed his eyes and sighed. "...Voltaire's true business here on earth is to stop the Rioma family chain. However, you must not give Voltaire that honor. You must find a way to end the chain... but not by his hand."
Luigi looked up. "...Not by his hand?"
"Yes, doing so will certainly give Voltaire the will to be judged..."
Luigi thought that made sense, but still... "How can I do that?"
Leonard sighed again. "There is only one way, my dear Luigi..."
"What way? Tell me."
"You can figure it out, can you not?"
"No..."
"Well... think of Daisy. The woman you love..."
"Umm... OK..."
"Would you ever let anything happen to her?"
"Never."
"Then you must do the only thing that can ensure her protection. Think, you know what it is you must do..."
Luigi took this new knowledge to heart and thought deeply...
"Yeah... I think I understand."
"You're sure you want to do this?"
"Yes. It's the only way."
"Very well." Leonard then handed Luigi a knife. The very knife Voltaire had slit his wrists with. "Good luck, my dear grandson..."
"Thanks... grandpa."
And with that, a bright light flashed and Luigi found himself in the Altar again, with Daisy still in his arms. King Boo was making his final dash, but Luigi quickly pulled Daisy out of the way. King Boo growled and whipped around for another attack, but was surprised to see Luigi holding a knife.
"What are you going to do with that?" King Boo asked.
Daisy, who was standing nearby, wondered too.

"Voltaire..." Luigi said. "I... I can't let you know the joy of killing me..."
King Boo snarled. "Fool! You have no choice! There's nothing you can do to stop me! And I no longer go by that name! I am KING!!!"
But Luigi wasn't listening. He was focusing on Daisy.
"Daisy, I'm sorry..."
Daisy was confused. "Sorry for what, Luigi?"
"I just want you to be safe... please forgive me..."
"I don't understand!" Daisy cried. "What are you trying to tell me...?"
Luigi gripped the knife handle in his hand. "Just trust me, Daisy. I have to do this. For you..."
"Do what? Why?"
"............Because I love you."

The wound in his heart... the blood... gone!
And a cough...
A cough from Luigi's throat...
Could it be...???

Daisy's heart skipped when she heard Luigi groan and sit up. He shook his head and opened his eyes...
Daisy smiled bigger than she ever had before. "Luigi! You're alive!!!"
With that, she jumped over and hugged him, knocking him right back down. Everyone sighed in relief and couldn't help but smile either.

"But Luigi, you were dead..."
"I was, but... when I died, I found myself in a bright place. A magnificent man in robes told me that my sacrafice had earned me a second chance..."
E Gadd jumped. "Luigi! Do you realize that you just met the Arbiter!?"
"Yeah, that's knda what I figured," Luigi laughed.
"That was very brave of you..." Daisy said.
"...Thanks, Daisy."

Peach then ran over to Mario. "Mario, where were you this whole time!?"
Mario frowned. "Peach, I..."
"...Was helping us the entire time!" Luigi blurted out.
Mario stammered to finish, but finally said, "Umm, yeah! Yeah... helping..."
"Well, I'm so glad to have you back, love!" And with that, she gave him a quick kiss."

"Well," said Toad, "The night's still young! Let's get this party STARTED!!!"
Everyone stared at him. "Get dressed, Toad!!!"
The party was once again in full swing. All the Portrait Ghosts had crossed over, and Boolossus ended up following King Boo to hell with him. It was 1 am now, so they still had a few hours left 'til dawn. Geno sat happily with Mallow, who had evidently been revived when Wario and Waluigi had a dance-off against the Floating Whirlindas. Geno looked as happy as ever, and Mallow was just glad to be alive. "Thanks Luigi!" he called from across the ballroom.

"No problem, Mallow!" Luigi shouted. He and Daisy were sitting in chairs along the wall. Mario and Peach danced lovingly in the middle. Toadsworth was gorging himself with chicken with Bowser and Kammy. Yoshi and Toad were seen pouring ice down Wario's overalls, and Waluigi laughed hysterically.
"Luigi strong! Maybe stronger than Donkey Kong!" DK said as he passed. Luigi laughed at the remark.

E Gadd then stepped in front of Luigi. "Luigi, I want to say thanks. You've taught me the error of my ways."
Luigi smiled. "Naw! Thank YOU, Professor! I'd be nowhere if not for you! You're the best!"
E Gadd laughed. "Well cool." He then gave Daisy a sly look. "You two have fun now!"

And with that, we walked off to eat some more brownies.

Daisy turned to Luigi. "So, Luigi... did you hear what I said to you when you were gone?"
Luigi turned to her. "You bet."
Daisy then leaned over and gave Luigi a kiss on the lips. Luigi smiled wide, and looked up towards the heavens. "Thank you..." he said.

The romantic song playing suddenly cut off. "C'mon, let's play some GOOD music up in this joint!" Bowser roared.
"YOSHI!!!"
An upbeat remix of the Mario Bros. 2 theme began to play.

"Wanna dance?" Daisy asked happily.
"Absolutely," Luigi said.

The two took hands and walked onto the dancefloor... grateful to have each other...
and just happy to be alive...

/THE END/
























Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Fuzzball96 on September 23, 2006, 9:42:13 AM

Fuzzball96 on
Fuzzball96THIS WAS THE BEST DAMN MARIO STORY EVER!!! YOU ARE THE BEST WRITER IN HISTORY!!! AND- wait a sec... (reads again) WTF dude?! You killed off almost everyone! AND TOAD STRIPPED!! Man, Good story, bad ending, sorta. Well they came back.

Ridley on August 31, 2006, 3:11:38 AM

Ridley on
RidleyMY GOD THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST STORY I HAVE EVER READ!!! *faves*

Mattkur on August 19, 2006, 12:46:26 PM

Mattkur on
MattkurMan was that long... BUT MAN WAS IT GOOD!