Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Author

Can the author come into his own fanfiction? Of course! It only takes a flick of the fingers...

Chapter 1 - Author

Chapter 1 - Author
'Hmm…’ I thought, picking up the book I’d gotten at a garage sale. I ran my finger down the table of contents. ‘To transport yourself to the place you desire to go…page 114.’ It was a Magick Book, as proclaimed on its cover. I skimmed over to the page. ‘Here we go!’ I thought, slinging my laptop bag over my shoulder and looking over the magic words.

AUTHORAUTHORAUTHOR

Kimiko, Clay, Raimundo, and Omi were relaxing in the courtyard. Master Fung had given them the day off and they were deciding where to go. Clay had just turned to Raimundo to see what he was talking about when he heard an incoherent squeal over his left shoulder. Mine.

“Omigod! It worked!” I squealed, jumping up and down in my pirate boots. The dragons covered their ears.

“Where’d you come from?!” demanded Raimundo.

A slow, slightly evil smile came over my face. “None of that,” I said, shaking a finger. I slowly raised my hand and he came up with it, getting steadily to his feet. “Dance,” I commanded, flicking my fingers. He began a fast tap dance.

“What’s happening?!?!” he demanded shakily. A lot of demanding from this one. I turned my palm into a fist and let it drop and he stopped. “Holy cow, what just happened?”

“Are you a witch?” Dojo asked timidly from under Clay’s hat. Clay wasn’t looking too good himself: pale and shaking.

“No,” I said, “merely an all-powerful being. You may call me…” I struggled to come up with a cool sounding name, “Author.” I know, not the most creative, but what can you do?

“Author,” said Omi reverently.

I smiled again, but none of that evil crap this time. “Author,” I agreed. “I can make any of you do whatever I want! I can make you sing,” I flicked my fingers at Clay and he began a rich Italian opera in a velvety voice. I lowered my fist. “I can make you do back flips,” I flicked my fingers at Omi this time and he began back flipping all over the place. I lowered my fist. “I can make you…and Raimundo…” I looked at Kimiko.

“I believe you!” she hastily assured me.

“So,” I said, “You’d better not piss me off.” They all nodded. “Now, I’m going to go see the one person I know here about some accommodations.” I spun on my heel and marched off to where I knew the Master was. The one person I couldn’t control.

Dragon’s POV

“I’m going after him,” Clay said determinedly.

“Are you serious, man?!” asked Raimundo. “He’ll tear you apart! You’ve seen what he can do! He’s evil, man.”

“But he knows the Master, he cannot be all bad,” said Omi.

“He may know something about him, that’s why I’m going after him,” said Clay. “Y’all do what you want, but this cat’s about to be killed.” He went after her.

“He’s killing a cat?!” squeaked Omi.

My POV:

“Master Fung!” I called, seeing the old man.

His eyes widened visibly. “Elijah Clark? What are you doing here?”

“Experimenting,” I said breathlessly. “I found a book of Magick, and it actually worked! I’m here, and I can control everyone weaker in mind, spirit, and creativity then me! So…I guess I can’t control you. I can control Wuya, though! She’s weaker in creativity. And Chase Young, since he has no spirit. Also, the monks and Dojo. Clay’s weaker in mind, Kimiko’s weaker in creativity, Rai’s weaker in mind, spirit, and creativity, Omi’s very close to matching me, except in the creativity department, and Dojo’s, well, just the tiniest bit weaker in spirit, since he’s a dragon. Oh,” I added, “my new name is Author.”

“Very good, young Author,” said Master Fung, bowing to me. “You’ve been learning since I last saw you. Now, I’m assuming you need a place to stay?”

“Yes, please, Master.” I bowed just as deeply and followed him, but not before dropping a note on the floor where I was sure the fly on the wall would get it. Not much escaped my attention.

Clay’s POV

I watched this conversation with interest, questions forming on the lips I knew mustn’t open. As he bowed and left, I noticed a piece of paper drop out of his sleeve. As soon as he was gone, I darted forward and grabbed it, thinking it was important information. I opened it, and it simply read,

'Don’t go messing in things that shouldn’t be messed with. Do you want to know how eavesdropping is punished where I come from?

'Author

'PS Look up.'

I looked up, just in time to see a bucket of water fall onto my head. My hat, however, floated easily to where it wouldn’t get wet. I knew it was his doing.

‘Well,’ I thought as I dusted off my hat, ‘at least he respects that.’

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment