Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - New Dragon

Elijah is awkward, there's no doubt about that. He came to the Xiaolin Temple to make friends, harness his element and try to better himself. However, he will find much, much more.

Chapter 1 - New Dragon

Chapter 1 - New Dragon
Chapter 1

“Hey, Claaaay!” cried Rai, running into the courtyard. “Claaaay!!!”

“J-aysus, Rai, what in tarnation is it?” said Clay, standing up. “You sound more agitated than a bronco with a burr under his saddle!”

“Master Fung wants us,” said Rai, skidding next to him and catching his breath. “New guy’s here.”

“New…guy?” asked Clay. “Wasn’t it supposed to be a girl?”

“So we all thought,” said Rai. “Turns out it’s a guy. Come on!” he said, pulling Clay to the front of the main building.

When they got there, Kimiko and Omi were already standing there next to a suitcase and duffel bag with Master Fung. “Ah, there you are,” said Master Fung said as they jogged up. “I would like you to meet the fifth Xiaolin Dragon…Elijah?” he said, looking around. “Elijah?”

“I’m up here!” They heard a voice from the roof. “Wah – whoa – AI-YAAH!” they heard, and then saw something fall from it, a blur of red, white, and orange. The boy hit the ground. “I’m okay,” he said, though his voice was considerably muffled. He picked himself up and rubbed his head. “Ow.”

“This is Elijah Clark, the new Dragon,” said Master Fung.

“Hiya,” said Elijah, wiggling his fingers sheepishly. He had gray eyes, but they looked greenish in the light. He also had bright orange hair, pale skin and copious amounts of freckles. He looked like your stereotypical Irish boy, plus a pair of black-framed glasses that he pulled out of his duffel bag. He put them on and smiled at them. “No wonder I fell off, I’m clumsy enough without my glasses. Blind as a bat!” he laughed. His gaze finally settled on Clay. “Well, hello, there,” he said, looking Clay up and down.

“Uh,” said Clay smartly, blushing and pulling at his hat.

Elijah’s hands flew to his mouth. “Omigod, did I talk without thinking again?” he said, his eyes widening. “I’m sorry, sometimes I do that, I have no idea what I’m saying, I just start talking and the words fall out of my mouth, like right now, I’m talking and I should probably just shut up, ‘cause I’m probably sounding like a complete idiot right now, and, yeah, hi,” he said. It was all said really fast and left Elijah staring at the ground, a blush creeping up between his freckles. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine,” said Rai, biting his lower lip to keep from laughing. “Out of curiosity, why did you come on to Clay of all people?”

“Rai, don’t say that!” hissed Kim, elbowing him.

“Considering there’s a lady present?” asked Elijah hopefully. He looked at Omi. “Ladies…?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow at him.

“No,” said Omi, giving him a cold look.

“Oh,” said Elijah, his hands covering his mouth again. “I’m sorry, I hadn’t heard you talk yet, and I didn’t know you were a guy yet, I thought you could swing both ways…” His eyes widened and he looked down as Rai doubled up with laughter. “That came out wrong.” He whacked himself over the head. “Bad Elijah.”

“Aw, it’s alright,” said Kimiko, putting her arm around him and shooting daggers with her eyes at Rai.

Elijah looked up at her hopefully. “I’m stupid,” he admitted.

“No, you’re not,” said Kimiko kindly. “You just lack common sense.”

“That’s not the only thing I lack,” said Elijah, hanging his head. “I lack physical prowess, good eyesight, and looks.”

“Don’t be so down on yourself, emo kid,” said Kimiko, handing him his duffel bag. “Lets go set up your cubical.” Elijah grabbed his suitcase and she led him inside.

“Wow,” said Omi. “He is most interesting.”

“What team do ya think he bats for?” asked Clay.

“Do you have to ask?” said Rai, staring at him. “He’s about as straight as a fish hook.”

“What does this mean,” said Omi, “ ‘straight as a fish hook’?”

“It means I like guys!” said Elijah from inside. “The window’s open, ya know!”

“Well,” started Omi, “I, too, like guys. Does that mean I am,” he made a ‘j’ motion with his finger, “curved?”

“Omi, it means he likes guys like…Raimundo likes Kimiko,” Clay said.

“Shut up!” said Rai, elbowing Clay and grinning. “It means he likes guys in that way,” explained Rai.

“Oh,” said Omi. His eyes widened. “OH!”

“Yeah,” said Clay, rubbing the back of his head.

They could both hear Elijah and Kimiko chuckling from inside.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tachzaruu on September 8, 2007, 9:17:32 AM

Tachzaruu on
Tachzaruuthis is really good so far! i love the sound of Elijah, and the story flows perfectly. It made me laugh! please update soon... ^^