Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Becoming a Woman

This Story is about a girl who discoveries a new talent through love that could either be her beginning or the end of her life.

Chapter 2 - Becoming a Woman

Chapter 2 - Becoming a Woman
The heat began to fade on the backs of the girls and women foraging. The sun was disappearing behind the moutains. It began to get dark and then a woman,Inase, looked up and yelled.

"The moon has risen"

Both Awai and Mizu looked up then to each other. Mizu smiled and Awai gave a small fake smile then they followed the other women to the campfire in the middle of the village which was being lit as they arrived. Mizu looked at Awai after they set there food down and sat by each other on a log.

" Awai...we will find the right one for you I promise.."

Awai looked into Mizu's light baby blue eyes that shimmered from the light of the fire.

"I sure hope so Mizu....I sure hope so..."

She looked into the fire as Mizu watched Oushi walk over and sit by her. Mizu smiled at Oushi as he wrapped his arm around her waist and she laid her head on his shoulder and they both stared into the fire. The only sound was the quiet chattering of friends and crickets near by. Every so often they would hear the wind rustle through the leaves on the trees. Then Inase stood everyone looked to her and mizu sat up as oushi pulled his arm back to himself.

" 5 girls become women and 10 boys to men...The men will fight for the women and the women will choose who they want. the winner may not always be the chosen one. all the women will have mates in the next 5 moons."

A chatter arose as the girls giggled and boys challenged each other already fuming and flaming in the eyes. Mizu looked to Oushi frightened.

"Oushi i have already chosen you...i do not wish for you to fight."

Oushi hugged Mizu to comfort her.

"it's ok mizu i will fight and i will be fine we will live on and have beautiful children"

This made Mizu begin to dream of the things to come after they were married she smiled then sat back up straight. Oushi looked back to Inase as she blabbed on. Awai had been watching the too then looking to the others. She glanced from boy to boy then watched each boy walk up to Inase and have mud wiped on thier cheeks to become men. Then the girls walked up and had much wiped on their forehead as they became women. After Mizu, Awai walked up. the mud was wiped across her forehead and as she walked back to her seat she watched four boys smile at her. she gave a small smile back then hid behind the fire that seperated them. She was a woman now. There was no man for her ...none..

"Awai? will you come?"

Awai looked to Mizu.

"where mizu?"

" The canyon "

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment