Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Canyon

This Story is about a girl who discoveries a new talent through love that could either be her beginning or the end of her life.

Chapter 3 - The Canyon

Chapter 3 - The Canyon

"Why are we going to the Canyon?"

Awai was still sitting on the log but turned her gaze from the fire up to Mizu who was standing by Oushi.

"Awai, everyone is going. well everyone who has turned into men and women tonight. Please come? maybe we will find the right one?"

Awai looked at the ground. This made Awai wonder...what if we did find "him" tonight? i couldn't miss out right? ...she looked back up at Mizu smiling and mizu and Oushi smiled back.

"YES! well lets go Awai everyone is leaving"

Mizu grabbed Oushi's hand and began to run after all the young women and men who began walking down the hillside that thier village stood apon. Awai quickly followed after Mizu and Oushi but with each step her hands shook a little some sort of power began to rumble within her as she thought of the right one. She was one of the last ones who arrived at the canyon she was talking to one of the other young women who had just become a woman too. they reached the canyon and everyone was looking over the side sitting down. Awai came to join and sat by Mizu.

"What's going on?"

Mizu was staring down into the canyon like all the others with a pale scared face even Oushi looked a little freaked out.

"a boy is fighting a monster...he must be from one of our kins...because he has earth bending powers...oh no the poor kid!"

The boy had just been hit into a wall. The creature he was fighting was a monster, Awai could tell, it was dark dark black like a shadow but it had horns of fire and a large tail that swung rapidly crushing the earth for it had a large ball at the end of its tail like a wrecking ball that also dented the sides of the canyon. Awai stared in disbelief she had never seen anything so horrible. It must be a demon. Awai was thinking..i have to help him..i know what demons don't like the only thing that can kill them...light...she looked up at the moon there was none...oh no the full moon became a new moon in one night how could this be? Awai looked to each person there was no light benders even in their village no adult or child could bend light. Awai didn't even have a power finding someone with one would be hard. what to do? Oh no...the boy fell the demon stepped sideways its tail coming right at the boy.

"NO!!!!"

Awai screamed it sounded like a screech everyone covered their ears but something began to happen she began to float and glow. the glowing became brighter and brighter until no one could even look at her without going blind. Instinctivly she pointed at the demon her eyes glowing with no color. from the clear night sky a bolt of lightening came down and struck the demon. its tail inches from the boy then it exploded in to dust. Awai began to dim until she fell onto the ground passed out. everyone stared at her and Mizu quickly crawled over and shook her a little.

"Awai....oh Awai!"

Tears streamed down her face and Oushi hugged her. Mizu looked at Awai again but then she began to stirr and Awai sat up.

"AWAI!!!!"

Mizu jumped hugging her so tight Awai thought her eyes were going to pop out.

"Mi-zu..ple-ase..can-t..breeeth"

"oh"

Mizu let her go.

"Awai you scared me! i thought you were dead!"

Awai looked down into the canyon the boy still laying on the ground.

" is he ok? "

Mizu looked down at him.

"i don't know.."

Awai stood up and slid down the side of the canyon as everyone watched her. She jumped to the ground then quickly walked over to him. she shook him a little then took the pulse on his neck. Everyone was watching scared. Awai turned and gave everyone a thumbs up sign and they began to cheer. Oushi slid down and walked over picking up the boy. he had marks on his cheeks but they looked fresh. so everyone believed he had just become a men like all them. Awai helped Oushi carry the man up and they all walked back to the village alot of people asking Awai questions like:

"how did you do that?"

"did it hurt?"

"did you have a vision?"

"can you teach me?!"

But the thing was Awai couldn't answer any of the questions. She didn't know how she did it and could barly remember wat happened. it seemed like she was outside her own body watching. Once they reached camp The man was set in an empty house and a caretaker, woman, watched over him through the night. Mizu, Oushi, and Awai were walking back to their huts.Mizu looked at Awai as her and Oushi held hands.

"Awai, you know the fighting starts tomorrow...most will be fighting for you since you are the most beautiful..."

Awai looked at her and sighed.

"yes...i don't know if i care if they fight though..."

"you will have to pick someone though and don't pick the one who loses only because you feel sorry for him ok?"

Awai looked and her as Mizu and Oushi smiled and all 3 laughed a little.

" Well goodnight..."

"night'"

"g'night ladies"

They all waved and parted ways as they went into their huts to sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment