Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A new arrival

My story The Wolves of Blueberry Heath.
Picture sof the characters woll be in my gallery.
Enjoy
Characters, Plot and writing (c) to me

Chapter 1 - A new arrival

Chapter 1 - A new arrival


The Wolves of Blueberry Heath

Chapter one: A new arrival

A collection of lying bodies was seen in a cage, they where not dead, they were laying there attached to the cage floor by a metal spike, which had a rusty metal chain which was attached to a worn leather collar often done up to tight in order to stop aggressive behaviour, but these wolves were often so withdrawn and depressed, that was the last thing on there minds. They were barley fed enough. One of the bodies rose up weakly, it white fur body limped over to the food bowl, and then sniffed the food inside there was only a few old bones they smelt rotten and old she then walked to the bowl that was meant to contain water the water in there was stagnant and vile. This wolf then added themselves to the group there once glittering snow white coat with a raven, jet black ear had become dirty and grey, there dubbance was Tya.

The wolf laying next to Tya a black one perked up her ears as a truck went rumbling by the cages, “I think it might be feed time,” she said.

“No it's not Moon,” Tya said quivering.

“What do you mean Ty?” The black wolf asked.

“It's him.” She replied whispering.

The black wolf whose name was MoonRise gulped, `Him' was nearly the scariest person in the whole zoo. There was the sound of footsteps as a man stepped out he had spiky black hair a green uniform and big black boots, it was Denis.

“It's him, Ty. I'm scared” MoonRise said shuddering.

“So am I Moon but be strong.” Tya said she was quivering nose to tail tip,

He went into the back of his van and took out a small cage inside was the body of a black wolf, he opened the cage pulled out the wolf by the scruff of the neck, he was not quite full-grown and threw him in the back of he cage he hit the wall and yelped. He let out a smug grin. “Now to increase that mangy cur's suffering.” He took out one of the leather collars attached that to a chain he then hammered a spike into the ground and attached the chain, the black wolf snarled. “Hush, up you mutt!” He yelled, the wolf started to paw at the collar it was irritating him, Denis slammed the door and thudded off. At closer inspection the black wolf wasn't completely black he had a white star on his forehead, but hidden under the collar was a thin silver chain with a blue jewel attached. Tya and MoonRise wandered over to the black wolf, the wolf was howling in distress she wanted to be free from this binding. Tya padded softly to him, she then spoke in a calm soft voice.

“My friend, you can't break free from these chains we have tried for a long time. It upsets me to see another suffer” the black wolf stopped, the collar must have been to much strain, he fainted on the floor, he had collapsed.

“Oh my God!” MoonRise yelled.

“What?” A feeble sound was heard, it was PrintMoon he was the oldest wolf, been here the longest witnessed many things, his body was quite small for a male his coat grizzled grey straggly fur under his chin looked like a old mans beard. He limped over and saw the black wolf lying there. He then croaked “Leave him,”

Tya turned her head to PrintMoon “Why?” She asked, even though it was considered disrespectful.

“Because, he won't survive even if you do help him, none of us can stand another wolf in here, there's not enough food to survive, and that head keeper takes all the food for his big fat stomach, and eats the lot. We just get the scraps he treats us like mere housedogs, we need to be running free, this is no life for a wolf, think of the pups born into this life of captivity, they can't see a single tree, catch a single fish we need to be wolves Tya not what we are…”



“Yes I agree but no I won't leave this wolf to die, come Moon.” Tya said with quick haste. They then scrabbled at the collar to get it free, they finally after much work chewed through the old leather and the wolf's collar came off. He stood up still shaking “what happened, where I am?” PrintMoon shook his head and muttered `another wolf in or life… we can barely keep alive as it is…'

“Don't worry; you are in the company of friends…” Tya told him calmly. “What is your name? I am Tya, and this is MoonRise.”

“I am FrostPaw.” He said.

“Welcome, FrostPaw.” They both said bowing slightly.

“Tya, Moon and Frost, you'd best come quick, urgent…” PrintMoon hastily told them running to the other side of the cage. They followed. A white male wolf by the name of Tyain in another cage was gathering all the wolves for a meeting.

“We have had another death in our pack, we cannot go on as we are we need to escape.” He said solemnly.

“I know, Tyain, but we have tried numerous times and keep getting back in here.” PrintMoon was shaking his head as he spoke “It's hopeless.”

“No, it isn't we have found three escape routes yet they stopped them, but if we leave at night we can escape, I know how to unlock a cage.” MoonRise put in.

“How do we do that?” About fourteen wolves questioned her.

“Well, there is a small lock on the door but it's coming off, I examined it and the lock would possibly come of easily with a knock of my nose, easily knock it of with my nose. I believe you can to.” `If we do that we can escape.” She said hastily.

“Good plan MoonRise, we will escape tonight a dusk” PrintMoon whispered…




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment