Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - Revenge is never enough

This is the story of my OC Ash Chi and her twin sister Echo...
WARNING: If you can't stand the intense action...don't read this story!!
no wait...nevermind...read the story!!!
ALL THINGS STAR WARS BELONG TO and ARE COPYRIGHTED BY GEORGE LUCAS!!!

Chapter 28 - Revenge is never enough

Chapter 28 - Revenge is never enough
“I don’t think this will work,” Nya said uneasily.
“Yeah, how are we going to get around Temple security? It doesn’t seem very easy,” Juno replied.
“I agree with Juno on this one,” Echo said. “The Temple has security day and night, 24/7.”
“Easy. We just need to get the security code,” Ash replied. She already had it all planned out in her head.
“From who?” Broze replied. “Nobody is just going to say, ‘Hey, here’s a top secret security code!”
Everybody smiled.
“Well, I have a plan…if people will just stop interrupted and listen!” Ash said. She calmed herself down and continued.
“First of all, I need Echo to hack into the security system and find the code. Do you think you can handle that?” Ash asked.
Echo looked at her like she was crazy. “What do you think?”
“Okay good.. Everybody go pack your stuff and meet in the hangar bay at Echo’s ship. Once we have the code we’ll be able to fly out of here like a mynock.”
Everybody left Echo’s room, including Ash, and went back to their rooms. It wouldn’t take Echo long to get the code.
Ash ran to her room and packed her bag. It consisted off about 5 lightsabers, 5 changes of clothes, a few medical items (which she had learned where a good thing to bring), and some energy bars. Then she ran out her door and to Echo’s ship. She tried not to look like she was in a hurry so people didn’t question her.
She got down to the hangar bay and Juno, Broze, and Nya were already there waiting. Kali came in a few minutes later, with an extra bag that carried her make-up.
Ash tried to find the ship, but couldn’t figure it out which one it was. No one else knew exactly either. Then, Echo came over her comlink.
“Ash, is everybody in the Hangar Bay at my ship?” she asked.
“Everybody is here but we’re having a little trouble figuring out which ship is yours,” Ash said.
She heard Echo sigh. “Give the comlink to Broze,” she said. Ash handed the comlink to her friend and let him talk.
“Hey Echo, just tell me what ya need!”
“It’s a Consular Class space-cruiser,” Echo said.
Ash didn’t know much about ship, but she knew which type that was. And there was only one ship in the hangar bay like that.
“What a piece of junk!” Ash said.
“Hey, I built it myself! It doesn’t look that great but boy she’s got it were it counts,” Echo said defensively.
“I’m sure it’s not that bad!” Broze said.
“Okay, who cares about your piece of crap ship? Let’s just get going and hope it doesn’t break apart before we get out of the atmosphere,” Ash said. She hoped Echo didn’t feel bad that she said that, but sometimes she couldn’t control herself when she had a bad feeling about something.
“Okay, I’m on my way,” Echo said and cut the comlink off. About 10 minutes later, Echo got down to the ship. She opened the back hatch and everybody got in a got comfortable. Echo rushed right to the cockpit and got the ship up and running.
Ash went into the cockpit and everybody else was in there too.
“Echo, what about that code? When are we going to use it?” Juno asked.
“You are just full of questions, aren’t ya? I know how to do this…I think,” Echo replied.
Once Echo got the ship out of the hangar bay, a voice came over the comm unit.
“Conundrum, I will need your passcode,” the person said.
“257-9107-4445,” Echo said.
“This is not going to work,” Kali said negatively.
“Hey! It’s me! Think positive!” Echo said. Ash laughed silently at her sister.
Then, the voice came back over the comm.
“Conundrum, you are clear for space passage.”
“You see? I did okay,” Echo said proudly.
Echo moved the ship out farther and turned on the front headlights since it was getting late.
“Nobody scrunched up back there?” Echo asked.
“Scrunched? How could I possibly be scrunched? This ship is sooo big,” Ash said sarcastically.
Echo just smiled and Broze walked up to the Co-Pilots seat.
“But seriously, this thing has got to be really big,” Broze said.
“It’s not as big as you think it is. When I first found it, it was put together…mostly. But that was it. I had to get everything else myself!” Echo said.
Ash yawned and stretched back in her chair. This was so boring..
Nya and Juno walked in. They had been sparing the back of the ship.
“Do you know where you’re going?” Nya asked.
“If we end up on Tatooine—“ Ash started to say, then Echo cut her off.
“We will not in up in Tatooine…hopefully,” Echo said.
“So where are we going?” Broze asked.
“Bandomeer,” Echo said.
“Where in the galaxy is that?” Ash asked. She had never heard of that system before.
“It’s in the outer rim, so it might be awhile, so get yourself comfy,” Echo said.
In a few minutes after Echo got her ship up to the right position and all in tip top shape, she said, “Alright, I’m calculating the jump to hyperspace.”
“I’m not entirely sure what that means but okay!” Kali said. Flying was not one of her strongpoints. Everybody laughed at her..
“Oh wait…I think I get it now,” Kali said, acting stupid.
Echo and Broze pushed the buttons and pulled the throttle and the start lines went straight and they were off. Echo headed out of the cockpit to go check the systems and left Broze at the cockpit to keep the ship steady.
It was a very boring trip, so Ash decided to start a conversation.
“So…does anybody think this trip is stupid besides me?” she asked.
Broze looked in her direction.
“It’s important to Echo, so if that means what Echo does is stupid, then I think you need to get your brain checked,” Broze said defensively.
“Whoa, hold your nerfs! I didn’t mean anything offensive. I just mean I have a really bad feeling about this mission,” Ash said trying to defend herself.
“Ya Broze, why are you so defensive? We all are nervous about this. Aero just comes out of nowhere and says he’s all hunky-dory now. That’s a little suspicious, don’t ya think?” Nya countered.
“I guess you have a point,” Broze said, realizing he was outnumbered.
“Okay, I don’t want to be in a bad mood when we get there. Juno, you want to come battle me?”
“Uh, how about me and Nya battle you? I can’t take you by myself,” Juno said.
Ash laughed. “Ya, that’s fine.”
They went into the back were Echo had a dueling room and they battled for while, but Juno and Nya were no match for Ash. She had to go easy on them. They both had similar styles and they weren’t that creative with them. It was easy to anticipate their attacks.
After a few hours, Broze came over the comm channel.
“Coming out of Hyperspace!” he said.
Ash, Nya, and Juno gathered themselves together and left for the cockpit. As they started to walk to the cockpit, they felt the ship shake, almost like they were being attacked. They ran the rest of the way to the cockpit. Even though Echo had the artificial gravity on, Ash could feel the deep spot in her stomach that always accompanied flying. They were under attack, and Echo was trying to impress people with flips and spins.
They finally got to the cockpit. Ash and Broze were frantically pushing buttons and pulling levers.
“This is no time for astrobatics!” Ash said to her sister, grabbing a chair to steady herself.
“No, somebody’s firing at us,” Echo said while at the same time dropping the ship to avoid a laser blast that went over top of them.
“Why?”Juno asked confused.
“Why don’t you just tell the, that we aren’t their enemies?” Nya asked.
“We can just tell them that we’re here to pick up some friends,” Juno suggested.
Ash looked to her sister. She was concentrating hard and wasn’t letting Broze help that much. Although he was blind, he knew a ship like the he knew the Force.
“Well, I’m kinda busy right now, so why don’t tell them?” Echo said and dodged another laser.
Then, her concentration broke, and the ship took a direst hit. Ash felt the ship stutter and they went down.
“Strap in!” Broze yelled.
Kali was already in her seat, and Ash sat in the seat she was holding onto...
They went down fast and hard. Ash was almost certain that the ship would break apart in the sky. But thanks to Echo excellence, it stayed together.
“This landing might be a little bumpy!” she yelled over the noise. Ash barely heard her.
“Landings are smooth! Crashes are bumpy!” Ash yelled, but she doubted her sister heard her.
The ship went down. Nobody was shooting at them anymore. Nobody could hit them they were coming down too fast. Ash grabbed a hold of her chair and hung on for dear life.
The ship started to slowly rise up from the ground, but now enough to stop it from crashing. She saw a landing platform and Echo guided the ship towards it. They skidded to a stop after sliding all the way across it.
Once the ship stopped, Ash said, “Another happy landing,” and sighed.
Her sister laughed at her. Everybody else was too freaked out to laugh. They all unstrapped themselves and walked out of the ship. A group of men came up to meet them.
“What do you want?” a handsome man with jet black hair demanded.
“Uh…we’re here to pick up a friend,” Ash replied.
“Oh…of course,” the man replied.
“Are you here for Aero?” a Mon Calamari stepped up and asked. “He told us that you would be coming.”
“Well, we’re here, so will you take us too him?” Kali said, looking at the man with jet black hair.
“Immediately,” the man replied.
They followed the group and starting to talk to them. A Sullustan was the first to speak up.
“Whoever piloted that ship did an amazing job landing it. One of the best crash landings I’ve ever seen,” he said.
“Thank you,” Echo said walking up the Sullustan. Ash followed her. “I built the ship myself.”
“Excuse me, sorry for interrupting,” the Mon Calamari said walking up between Ash and Echo, “but are you twins?”
“Yes, we are,” Ash and Echo said in unison
“I thought you too looked similar,” he replied. He looked forwards. They were arriving to a small cave. “Oh, looks like we’re almost to Aero.”
“Good,” Kali agreed, following the man with black hair with a smile on her face.
Before Kali got to far ahead, Echo pulled her aside.
“Would you just focus on the mission for once?!” Echo asked.
“Sorry! He’s just so cute!”
Echo sighed and walked back into line with Ash. Kali was obsessive when it came to guys and make-up.
They finally got to the cave. The Mon Calamari and the Sullustan motioned them inside, but then Ash sensed them run back to where they came from. The guy with jet black hair smiled at Kali and walked into the shadows.
The, Aero stepped out of the shadows of the cave and into the light. He looked different. Older, stronger, more powerful. He didn’t look like someone you would want to run into and chat for a few hours.
“Greetings Echo…,” Aero started to say, then his mouth dropped when he saw everyone else. “I wasn’t expecting all of you to come.”
“Well, I couldn’t just come all by my wittle self,” Echo said smiling.
Everyone laughed. Echo was very capable of defending herself and could very well have come on her own.
Aero just frowned.
Nya walked up beside Echo.
“Well, the masters and the Council are going to start worrying if we don’t hurry,” Nya said, reminding Echo and Aero.
Aero took a step back. Ash sensed something wrong with him. He didn’t intend on leaving with them.
“I’m sorry,” he said and turned on his lightsaber. Behind him, another group of people walked up and ignited red lightsabers, all pointed at Ash and her friends.
“Aero? What’s happening?” Echo asked walking back.
“Revenge, that’s what’s happening. Revenge for what you did to me 5 years ago,” he said, talking to Echo. “You ruined my life! My change of becoming something! It was the only thing I had ever wanted and you took it from my grip.”
“You got what was coming for ya,” Echo replied.
Ash and her friends started to walk back, but then she sensed another group of people walk up behind.
“You…you stupid piece of bantha fodder!” Ash yelled at him. She knew he wasn’t to be trusted. She should have stuck to her gut and not let anyone come here.
Aero looked to her. “You still have a dirty mouth, don’t you? How nice.”
Ash smiled at him smugly, although she wanted to use her shatterpoint technique on his head.
“How could you betray us like that?” Broze asked. “Dude, snap out of it!”
Aero looked at him like he was trying to be sympathetic.
“I only meant to betray one of you at a time, but since you’re all here, there’s no sense in not doing it all at the same time.”
Ash sensed another group of people step up behind them. They were surrounded now. Ash was going to be in the fight of her life.
Herself and her friends all ignited their lightsabers. There was a rainbow of colors shining bright in the room now.
“You’re outnumbered!” Echo yelled.
Ash looked at her sister like she was crazy, but then she realized that it was just a distraction. It was one that didn’t usually work, but apparently Aero was still as dumb as her use to be.
He laughed. “Are you sure about that?” he said turning around and looked at his minions. They were laughing too. In that split second that he turned around, Ash and Echo both sprang at him. He barely had enough time to turn around and block the blow.
He looked them straight in the eye. “I will not fall for that again.”
“Bet cha 10 creds you will!” Ash yelled at him. She backed off and attacked low while Echo attacked high. Aero barely missed the blows.
Ash kept attacking low, hoping he would let his defense fall, but it never did. She wished she could use shatterpoint on him, but that would be verging towards the dark side.
Then Aero slightly force pushed her away, almost like he just wanted to take care off Echo. He didn’t really care about her. She figured that Echo had it covered and she tried to sneak away to help her friends. They were surrounded by dark Jedi attacking from all sides. It was a dark cave and was easy to sneak away. She felt Echo’s anxiety in the Force as though she felt like Ash was abandoning her.
It’s okay. I have a plan, Ash said through their bond.
Good, cause I have a plan B, Echo replied while parrying Aero’s attacks.
Ash tried something she had been working on the past couple of years, but hadn’t quite got it down yet. She believed that someone could hide their presence in the Force, and she was getting close to accomplishing it. She tried her hardest and snuck up on a dark Jedi. She disengaged her lightsaber and clipped it to her belt. She snuck up behind a Mon Cal and Force-slammed him to the ground. He was fighting Broze, and he thanked her, then went right back into fighting. Ash rolled to the other side of the cave and behind another Dark Jedi. This time, she wanted to do something fun.
While he was in a lightsaber lock with Kali Ash snuck up behind him and but her hands in a blaster pose and put them up to his head.
“If you want to live you better drop your lightsaber body,” she said.
The man dropped his lightsaber and turned around slowly. When he saw he hands, he smiled and started to laugh slowly. Ash laughed with him, allowing him his small amusement. Then she sensed Echo looking at her like she was crazy.
Don’t worry, it’s not what you think, she told her.
The man started to use the Force to bring his lightsaber back to his hand, but Ash stopped it with her foot and brought her other foot up across his face.
She sensed Echo’s amusement. But then, that amusement changed to wonderment. Then, she felt her sister’s pain and heard her scream. She looked over and saw Aero zapping her with Force-lightning. She started to run over to help her, but she sensed someone behind her and reacted on it. She brought her lightsaber up in one swift stroke and turned around to block a double bladed attack.
Echo, are you alright? Get up! Ash cried to her in the Force.
Her call was interrupted by a series of very fast attacks from her opponent. She had to help her sister. She Force gripped her attacker as hard as she could and slammed him into a wall. She turned around just in time to see Nya jump to Echo’s rescue and jump in the path of the lighting. Now Nya was being fried to a crisp.
Again Ash tried to help her friends but she was again caught up by an attacker. There were two this time. She knew she wouldn’t be able to get to Nya in time.
She jumped into a high flip and tried to land on her attackers. She succeeded once, but the other man jumped out of the way, and as soon as she landed he was there attacking her.
Then she heard Kali yelp and saw a bright red flash fly in Nya’s direct. By then, it was already too late. She heard Nya scream and Echo too, except she felt her sister in the Force. No longer did she sense Nya.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Crystalgirl29 on July 7, 2009, 1:23:18 PM

Crystalgirl29 on
Crystalgirl29Noooooooooooooooo!!!!
ohhhhhnooooooooohoooooooohooooooooooooooo!*sob*