Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 51 - Ready, You Are

This is the story of my OC Ash Chi and her twin sister Echo...
WARNING: If you can't stand the intense action...don't read this story!!
no wait...nevermind...read the story!!!
ALL THINGS STAR WARS BELONG TO and ARE COPYRIGHTED BY GEORGE LUCAS!!!

Chapter 51 - Ready, You Are

Chapter 51 - Ready, You Are
Ash slowly got better from the blood-sucking fungus. Each day she tried to exercise a little bit more to get her blood pumping and back to normal. She worked with one of her friend’s everyday. Most of them were out commanding troops in the newly established Clone Wars. But usually there was someone at the Temple, most of the time it was Sakura. The council didn’t believe she was ready to lead an army, especially with a mouth like hers.
The last time she had talked to Echo was 3 weeks ago when they had both awaken from their deep sleep. Echo had closed in so tightly on herself that Ash wasn’t even able to connect their thoughts. She had barely even been able to sense her sister in the Force. It was like Geonosis all over again, but more intense. She had tried to knock on her sister room many times over and over, but it was always locked, and Ash didn’t dare use the Force to open it. That would be an intrusion of privacy and Echo would never forgive her.
Once Ash got feeling completely normal again and all her wounds were completely healed, she went to the Council to see if there was any time of mission at all for her to go on. She was tired of the Temple for awhile. She liked to see new places. Also, she couldn’t stand being in the same building with grumpy Echo and heart broken Kiro.
The Council took a day before they could speak with her. They were very busy with the Separatist Armies.
When she walked into the room, about half the Council members were in the room, the rest were on missions.
“Good it is to see you Ash,” Yoda said. “What is it can we help you with?”
“Masters, I need action. There must be some mission you can send me on. Life at the Temple has been…harsh lately.”
“You’re not ready for another assignment Ash,” Mace Windu said. “You just over came a life threatening fungus. We think that you should rest.”
Ash hated rest.
“No offense Master, but I’m fully recovered.. I’m ready for a challenge.”
“If ready for a challenge you are, take up a padawan,” Yoda said smiling.
Ash immediately started to shake her head.
“No, no, no…I’m not one of the best teachers if you haven’t noticed!” Ash protested.
“The rest of us agree with Master Yoda. You have too much talent to let it go to waste in the Temple. You have to completely assume your roll as a Jedi and help train the next generation.”
“Personally…I think I’m not ready. I’m not old enough,” Ash kept protesting.
“Ready you are,” Yoda insisted. “If not pick a padawan yourself, pick one we will.”
Ash sighed in defeat.
“Fine.”
“We will arrange a competition between the younglings to help you pick your student. It will make it easier for you to choose one,” Mace said.
“Thank you masters,” she said, bowed, and left the room.
Great, she thought. A padawan will just slow me down. This is going to be fun.
She went back to her room and started on a new design for a lightsaber. It helped her relax just as much as exercising. And considering how stressed out she was, this was going to be a pretty good lightsaber.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Crystalgirl29 on July 11, 2009, 2:40:14 AM

Crystalgirl29 on
Crystalgirl29hmmmm...interesting.