Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Doctors Never were a Sign of Hope for Me

ATTENTION!!
If you haven't read my first STAR WARS story, I WOULD NOT read this one cuz you won't know what in the crap is going on!! This is a continuation of my first story

STAR WARS belong to George Lucas...NOT ME!! *I wish*

Chapter 13 - Doctors Never were a Sign of Hope for Me

Chapter 13 - Doctors Never were a Sign of Hope for Me
A man in white robes came in while they were hugging and crying. He was carrying stacks of small datapads and looking through them when he entered. Ash guessed, and was pretty sure, it was the doctor. She wiped the tears out of her eyes and looked to him.
He looked up to her and smiled.
“Ash is it?” he asked. Ash nodded.
“Good to see you awake, Ash. My name is Dr. Hysenly,” he said. “We just got the notice that you’ve waken up. We didn’t think you would wake up so quickly.”
“I tend to surprise people,” She whispered. She would’ve talked louder, but was incapable of doing that. Her throat wouldn’t allow it.
“Well, we’re glad to see you fully functional…almost,” Hysenly said. “I just need to check a few things to make sure everything is functioning right.”
Kiro stepped away and let the doctor check everything out. He checked her stats and apparently they were getting close to normal again. He unwrapped her stub of an arm and looked at it. He took out a pen and stuck her with it.
“OUCH!” Ash said.
“That’s good. We were afraid that your nerves would be fried and you wouldn’t be able to feel anything. Apparently, we guessed wrong…which is good! We have already ordered a cybernetic replacement for your arm. It should be configured to your personal settings and arrive in a week or so.”
“That’s good news,” Ash said.
Hysenly smiled at her and wrapped her arm back up. Then he went to her stomach. As soon as he touched the wire around it she screeched. It really stung badly and felt like it was sizzling.
“That hurt?” he asked, startled.
“Yes…a lot,” Ash replied.
“That’s not right. It shouldn’t hurt at all. I’ll have the other doctors look into that. If anything, it’s just a small technical glitch in the hardware inside you. We still haven’t’ gotten it completely down yet, so that should explain what’s wrong,” he said.
“Ya, every time I move…or pretty much anything it really hurts.”
“Has your friend explained to you what we had to do?” Hysenly asked.
“Yes…very thoroughly,” Ash said.
“Well, then I’m afraid I have a little bad news,” he said. “I’m afraid the damage to your organs was too severe for us to be able to re-grow them electronically. You’re going to have to live with cybernetic implants for the rest of your life,” he finished.
“What?” Ash and Kiro said in unison. Her mouth dropped. Kiro got out of his seat.
“Wait, now. She needs to be back to normal. Her job and her life depends on that,” he said.
“Now wait. Ash may not be all human again, but she will be in tip-top shape once she heals. If anything, these cybernetic implants are going to make her stronger, faster, and her reflexes are going to be rivaled by those of a Jedi’s. There going to make her 5x better than the old her.”
Ash smiled because of how he had said Jedi. He had no idea she was a Jedi.
“But…” Ash stuttered. “I’m not whole…anymore. I’m robotic.”
“I know it’s a hard thing to grasp,” the doctor said. “But honestly, would you rather be dead?”
Ash smiled.
“You make a …good point,” she said, pointing a finger at him. Hysenly chuckled.
“Good, I’m glad we’re all on the same page now,” he said. “Now if you’ll excuse me I have to-“
The cramps in her stomach tightened so much she screamed and grabbed her stomach, clenching it tight. The doctor, and Kiro, were immediately at her side.
“Is it your stomach area?” the doctor asked.
“YES!” Ash coughed. “It kills!!”
“We need a nurse in her, stat!” Hysenly yelled. 3 more people came running into the room.
“We need to get her into surgery right away! There’s something majorly wrong with the cybernetic implants!”
The people nodded and wheeled her bed, and the machine she was hooked up too, out the door and down the hall. Kiro was at her side running with them. Ash was screaming the whole way almost.
Kiro grabbed her hand.
“I’m here for you,” he said. “Nothings going to happen as long as we’re together.”
“I hope…your right,” she said through clenched teeth and grabbing her stomach.
“I hope you’re…”
She blacked out. She let go of his hand and released the grip on her stomach. As she slipped into darkness she heard Kiro yelling her name and doctors telling him that he needed to leave the room.
Then the darkness gripped her tightly and pulled her under.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Crystalgirl29 on July 16, 2009, 4:34:36 AM

Crystalgirl29 on
Crystalgirl29well, stink!