Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Never had Good Patience

ATTENTION!!
If you haven't read my first STAR WARS story, I WOULD NOT read this one cuz you won't know what in the crap is going on!! This is a continuation of my first story

STAR WARS belong to George Lucas...NOT ME!! *I wish*

Chapter 18 - Never had Good Patience

Chapter 18 - Never had Good Patience
“How long will we have to stay here?” Kiro asked the doctor as he walked back over to Ash’s beside. Dr. Hysenly looked at his datapad and sighed.
“I’m afraid we’ll have to keep for a few more weeks. We really want to make sure you’re body will take to these implants this time,” he said.
“By a few weeks do you mean a couple more days?” Ash asked.
“No,” he replied. “We’re looking at 2 more weeks minimum.”
Ash sighed. She felt better…a little better, and if she was back at the Jedi Temple she could heal quicker; but they couldn’t risk telling them that they were Jedi. They had seen the way Kiro had acted around her. That wasn’t permitted in the life a Jedi. Chances were that if the doctors found out, word would get back to the Jedi Temple about it.
“That’s not quick enough,” Kiro said, waking Ash from her day-dreaming. “There has to be some ultra-quick mini test that you can do to make sure the implants are working and will stay working fine. You don’t understand. Our job requires us to be at our best at all times. We can’t stay gone for long.”
Ash was so proud that he stood up for her in her time of weakness. She needed someone that could do that.
“You should have thought about that before you got your arm sliced off,” the doctor said swiftly and left the room. Kiro turned to her and laughed. Ash did too.
“Somebody can’t control their nerfs,” Kiro said.
Ash smiled.
“We need to get out of here,” she said. “I’m fine. I can make it to the Temple.”
“Ash, listen to the evil doctor for once,” Kiro said sarcastically.
“Does that mean you’re thinking what I’m thinking?” she asked.
“Are you thinking about how Yoda is 3 xs shorter than Mace Windu, but is still a better fighter?” he asked smiling. Ash gave him a friendly punch in the shoulder.
“No you idiot,” she said giggling. “I’m thinking that we need to sneak out of here…tonight.”
“I was thinking that too,” Kiro replied.
“Just shut up and go tell Xiang and Echo. Echo probably already has a plan laid out if I know her any. You’re job won’t be hard,” she said.
“All I have to do is walk down to her room and she will immediately start talking about a plan?” Kiro asked.
“Probably,” Ash replied.
“I might be able to handle that,” he said and bent down to kiss her forehead, then he headed towards the door.
“I’ll be back in a little bit, depending on how long Echo talks,” he said and walked out the door. Ash laughed as he walked out.
He’s a complete goofball…maybe that’s why I love him. I never imagined I would fall for someone like him…but I guess things change in time. Still, I wonder why we had never met before…it seems weird that we grew up in the Temple around the same time and never meet each other, she thought. But I guess that doesn’t matter…as long as we’re with each other now.
She knew Kiro would be gone for a good hour or two. She had already sensed that Echo was forming a plan, and when Echo had a plan the explained them in full detail. So Ash just laid back, relaxed, and let everyone else work while she relaxed for once.
Her relaxation didn’t last long. Her sister had to be the one to interrupt her.
Sis, it’s Echo. Can you talk?
Ash sighed in her sleep. She woke up and sat up in her bed.
What do you mean it’s Echo? Who else could it be? And yes I can talk; all I was doing was relaxing for once in 3 months! But I was as bored as those poor younglings in Mace Windu’s Jedi Order classes.
Did you even pay attention in those classes? It doesn’t appear like it. Anyway, we’re getting out of here. Xiang already has the plan in operation, Echo said.
Did you have this plan ready before Kiro came in? Ash asked smiling.
What do you think? He came in acting all stupid and I sent him back to your room. He’ll be there in a few minutes and then you can inform him of the plan.
Ash laughed to herself. She could imagine how amazed but yet confused that Kiro was right now.
I would do that if you would tell me the plan! She continued.
Oh ya…Ok, first we need to figure out a way around the security. I sent Xiang to supposively contact the Temple to report the council of our status. Not really what he’s doing, Echo said suspiciously.
Okay…I understand…continue.
Right now he should be hacking into the computer mainframe to find the security clearance code or a direct way around the security.
Ash did a double-take. She didn’t know Xiang could do that.
Wait…Xiang can hack onto computers? He has more talents than I thought.
Not exactly, Echo said. Ash could tell that she was giggling.
Although he does have some talents you don’t know about. This is actually where I come in. I gave him a sheet of paper that I made in my free time that has some tips and tricks to hacking into computers. I do have some experience in that area. But we also have communication chips to talk to each other in case he gets stuck.
Where did you get all this stuff?
Ash, you should know me by now. If there’s electronics around, you know I’ll find a way to get them.
Sorry, my mistake, Ash said. We sound like spies.
We’re Jedi…that practically does make us spies.
Ash smiled. Then she realized something. They were broke. They had no creds. Ash’s was burned to nothing in the crash and Kiro’s never had any money on him. Maybe he would surprise her this time..
What about credits? I don’t feel right just leaving and not paying them anything for taking care of us, even though that doctor was a nerf-herder the last time he came in.
That's where you and Kiro come in. You have to get some credits somehow. I’m sure you have some on you, but you’ll have to get more than that.
Ash laughed. She had no creds on her.
Okay, I can handle that. I have an old contact in the senate that will gladly loan me some money. He owes me big time after I saved his butt.
Good. Talk to me again when you’ve got the creds. Otherwise, see you tonight.
You too.
Her sister cut the connection and Ash waited until Kiro came back. He had that ‘how-in-the-world-is-this-possible’ look on his face.
“Okay,” he said as he walked over to her bedside. “Now Echo said that you would fill me in on the plan.”
Ash smiled.
“You’re right about that!” Ash said and patted him on the head like he was a pet. Kiro smiled.
“What’s the plan? Echo said we needed to hurry.”
“I need you to set up a communications relay to Bail Antilles. He used to be a senator from Alderaan, but since he’s resigned he’s taken back his name as a prince on Alderaan. Cin and I saved his life from a group of bounty hunters once and he’s owes me big time.”
“Sounds easy enough. Why do you have to get in contact with him?” Kiro asked.
“We need creds. Both me or Echo feel right just leaving and not paying them anything, and since we don’t have much creds on it, I though I might call in a favor.”
“That’s a good enough reason for me,” he said and started to walk out the door.
“Wait!” Ash said. “You have to make sure this message is encrypted with high security. I don’t want anyone from the hospital, or anybody else for that matter, listening in on our conversation.”
“Got cha,” he said and walked out the door.
Now Ash just had to wait. She hated waiting. She didn’t have very good patience, and she had proven that many times in her life. She couldn’t help but think that if she had learned to have patience when she was younger she wouldn’t have been in all those bad situations in her life.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment