Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Not a Child Anymore

ATTENTION!!
If you haven't read my first STAR WARS story, I WOULD NOT read this one cuz you won't know what in the crap is going on!! This is a continuation of my first story

STAR WARS belong to George Lucas...NOT ME!! *I wish*

Chapter 19 - Not a Child Anymore

Chapter 19 - Not a Child Anymore
Kiro came running back in 15 minutes later with a small device in his hands.
“This better be worth it,” he said. “I went through a lot to get in contact with him personally. He still doesn’t entirely believe it’s you.”
“Give me that,” Ash said and took the communication device from his hand. She tapped a few buttons and Bail’s voice came over the device.
“This better be important,” he said. “But before you ask for anything I want proof that’s it’s you Ash.”
“4 years ago when you were kidnapped by bounty hunters my master Cin Drallig and I came to your rescue. When we found you the bounty hunter that had you hostage took a Penetrator MB-450 blaster pistol and stuck it to your head. I used the Force and brought it to my hand while Cin took out the other hunters around you. Is that enough proof?”
He didn’t answer for a few seconds, like he was considering what she said.
“Good to talk to you Ash,” he finally said. “Sorry for my abruptness, I just needed to know it was you because I’m guessing you calling for that favor I owe you.”
“How did you-“Ash started to ask.
“It’s not like you call me everyday and we talk for hours. The only reason you need me is because you’re in a situation and need a favor,” he said, smugness in his voice.
Ash smiled.
“Well you’re right. I need some creds Antilles. I’ve gotten myself into a delicate…situation…and I need your help.”
“Please tell me this money isn’t going to go to waste,” he said.
“It’s paying my medical bill…and my sisters,” she said quickly.
“Oh…” he stuttered. “I didn’t realize that you had a sister-“
“It’s okay, we just really need to get out of here and I need the creds. The work they did was…very extensive,” she said looking at her arm and thinking of her stomach. “I don’t have enough to pay them and it’s not like Jedi make millions.”
“How much do you need and when do you need it?” he asked.
“I need it by tonight,” she said.. “And I have no idea how much it cost, so just send me whatever you can. Give me whatever you think extensive mechanical implants and a near-death situation would cost.”
Bail sighed.
“Ash, you didn’t tell me you were in that much trouble. Are you okay?” he asked.
“I’ll be fine. We’ve had a couple problems but there all fixed now,” she said.
“I’ll have a credit chip shipped to your location. I’ll make sure the med center knows it’s from you. You’re friend has already informed us where to send it.”
Ash let out a sigh of relief.
“Thank you so must Antilles. I know I can always count on you,” she said.
“No problem kid. Stay safe,” he said and clicked off the communication. Kiro looked at her.
“He seemed nice,” he said. “I’m just glad the creds don’t have to come out of my wallet.”
Ash laughed and lightly punched him in the shoulder. Their plan was going good so far. Ash couldn’t help but wonder how Echo and Xiang were doing though…
They didn’t have anything to do. Echo hadn’t contacted her in awhile and they had no idea what they were supposed to be doing. So they just waited…and waited..
Finally Ash got tired of waiting.
“Kiro, help me out of this bed. I need to learn how to walk again,” she said getting out from under the covers.
“Ash, the doctor said you weren’t ready.”
“I don’t care what the doctor said, just help me,” she said.
Kiro got up from his seat and walked over to her bedside. Ash eased herself off the bed and Kiro put his arms under hers to help steady her balance. She gently put pressure on each of her legs. It wasn’t her legs that hurt, it was her mid-section. Every time a muscle moved it sent a pain through her body. She realized that her body was still adjusting to the implants, but she was a Jedi. She wasn’t supposed to feel like this. When she was a kid she believed that Jedi were invincible. Now she knew that wasn’t correct at all.
“Are you okay?” Kiro asked as she grunted.
“I’m fine. I just need to push through the pain,” Ash said. “Let go of me.”
“What? No! You’ll fall,” Kiro said.
“Kiro…you dropped me off a 100 meter walkway to save my life. You electrocuted me too bits to save my life. You can let go off me to let me learn on my own,” she said, smiling at him.
He smiled back to her and let go of her slowly. Then Ash realized how much she really was depending on him. All the weight came back and she stumbled, almost dropping to her knees. Kiro reached his arms out but Ash pushed him away.
“Don’t you dare,” she said jokingly and slowly got back up to her feet. Her stomach tightened and she placed a hand around it; her mechanical arm.
She stood up and slowly took her first step in a long time, letting most of the weight fall on her right foot. Her muscles tensed in her leg and up her body, but she bared through it and kept going. Jedi don’t give into the pain. They don’t let it overcome them. That would be the way of the sith. You notice it and recognize it as your body telling you that something is wrong.
Well, Ash had known that for a long time. She slowly walked over to the chair that Kiro usually sat in and she sat down. Kiro was walking slowly behind her.
“Go sit on the bed before I put you over there myself,” Ash said. “I don’t like that people think that I’m a little girl and can’t handle myself.”
“Ash, that’s not what I think,” Kiro said.
“No, listen Kiro. I’m a Jedi Knight. I’ve been on more dangerous missions than you could ever imagine…and I survived. I don’t always need someone there to catch me when I fall. Sometimes I need to catch myself.”
Kiro walked over to her and bent down on his knees.
“I watch over for you because I love you. I don’t want you getting hurt. It killed me inside the past few times you’ve been sentenced to death. We haven’t known each other that long, but I know there’s a connection.”
Ash smiled.
“Good, just ease up a little bit please,” she begged. “You know we can’t act like this in public. Once we get back to the Temple, we’re probably going to have to go our separate ways for awhile.”
“I know the risks,” he said. “But nothing should be able to stand in the way of true love. Yes, we may have to be away from each other a lot and put each other in life-threatening situations everyday, but we’ll have to learn to live with it.”
“Now we’re talking more secret Jedi-like,” Ash said.
Kiro laughed. “Not exactly,” he said and got back up to his feet. “Now that we’ve settled that, you should get back in contact with Echo to see what’s going on.”
“That’s a good idea,” Ash said.
“Yes I know, I’m full of them,” he said.
Ash snorted. “I’ll believe that when I see it.”
Kiro smiled and walked back over to sit on her bed. Ash leaned back, closed her eyes, and reached out to her sister.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment