Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - Looks can say a lot

ATTENTION!!
If you haven't read my first STAR WARS story, I WOULD NOT read this one cuz you won't know what in the crap is going on!! This is a continuation of my first story

STAR WARS belong to George Lucas...NOT ME!! *I wish*

Chapter 21 - Looks can say a lot

Chapter 21 - Looks can say a lot
Both she and Kiro laughed until Ash felt a push against their chairs and she let go of his hand. She looked up and saw Echo hanging on Xiang’s shoulder and Zuri, the togruta girl, walking to them with a datapad in her hands. Ash frowned, but then realized why Echo had done that and a smile came back to her face. She just didn’t want Zuri to see them.
They all sat down and Zuri opened up her datapad and started typing.
“Do you have the creds?” Echo asked them.
“It’s all under control,” Kiro replied.
Zuri spoke up from her datapad.
“We all need to get the uniforms at 9 P.M. sharp. That’s 10 minutes before the sifts change. Then we need to meet in Echo’s room before Ash and Kiro head out. I have the fake ID’s for the lovebirds over there”
Everybody nodded but Ash and Kiro looked over to each other when Zuri said ‘lovebirds’. We’re they really that obvious?
Apparently. If a 12 year old could tell than anyone could. Ash felt a little weird following orders from what looked like a 12 year old. But Ash could help but smile at Kiro.
Ash felt Echo’s annoyance grow. She finally exploded.
“For the love of the Force! Focus on the mission for once in your life! We’re Jedi! Not start acting like one! Echo said very sternly. It scared Ash to the brink of her shuddering. She felt herself knock back in shock and her mouth drop a few centimeters. Echo looked straight at her but then turned her head. She was purposely ignoring her. It was almost like a slap in the face.
Kiro must have felt the change in her mood and placed a sympathetic hand on her shoulder.
That made Echo even madder. She used the Force and slapped his hand back into his face. Ash would have laughed if it wasn’t such a touchy subject. Besides, she didn’t want to get into a fight with her sister in front of Zuri. But still, something bothered her about how Echo acted towards her. She didn’t understand. Echo and Xiang were in love and they’ve shown it many times before. Why couldn’t Ash and Kiro?
But in a way, Echo was right. She was giving them a warning. She didn’t mean any harm to them, she just didn’t want them getting kicked out the Jedi Order, and at the rate they were going, they probably wouldn’t even notice that they had to be more sensitive about that sort of thing soon. Echo was just preparing them. In a way it was sweet, but she could’ve done it more nicely instead of embarrassing them in front of the entire world.
Zuri just sat watching the whole thing.
“As I was saying…,” she continued. “Ash and Kiro, you will need to be right on time. The guards will be expecting the replacement shift. You’ll need to intersect the real workers and take their place.. Echo will contact you if anything foes wrong on our side. Then we’re getting close to the door, we’ll contact you to make sure you have it ready and waiting. Do you understand your mission?”
“Understood,” Ash said, trying not to say much thinking that it might backfire in her face.
“While they’re outside,” Echo said, aiming her gaze towards Ash and Kiro. “What are we suppose to do inside?”
“We need to be in the uniforms at the same time they are so we don’t draw much attention to ourselves. Ash, do you have the cred situation under control?” Zuri asked.
“Yes. They should be in transit and here before we leave. The money will be wired into the hospitals account. Don’t worry; they’ll know it’s from us. It’s quite a large bill.”
“Good,” Zuri continued. “Once we’ve snuck out to your post, then we’re home free.”
“Sounds good,” Echo said, patting her on the shoulder. “Xiang and I will take you back to your room and Kiro and Ash can go take some time to cool off and get things settled. Hopefully we’ll all be physically, and mentally, ready for tonight,” Echo finished, shooting a look to Ash and Kiro.
They took the hint.
Ash and Kiro silently stood up from their chairs and walked away slowly. Something wasn’t right with Echo. Just the other day she was…well, Echo. Normal Echo. Now she was stressed out about tonight. Echo didn’t do well under stress and Ash knew that, but it still hurt her that Echo was treating her that way.
She walked all the way out of the cafeteria with her back straight and her head held high, but inside he insides where eating themselves. She was still badly hurt. She hadn’t recovered like Echo had. She barely looked like she was in any pain.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment