Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 24 - Back to Action

ATTENTION!!
If you haven't read my first STAR WARS story, I WOULD NOT read this one cuz you won't know what in the crap is going on!! This is a continuation of my first story

STAR WARS belong to George Lucas...NOT ME!! *I wish*

Chapter 24 - Back to Action

Chapter 24 - Back to Action
It was only mid-day, so they had a few hours to kill before they had to meet up with everybody.
There wasn’t much to day, so they just sat on the bed together. Ash ended up falling asleep on his chest. The sound of his breathing comforted her. The entire time he was stroking his hands through her hair.
She needed that nap, and by the time she woke up it was 30 minutes til they were suppose to meet up with Echo.
“Good morning, sleepy head,” Kiro said as she lifted her head up.
“It’s not exactly morning, but thanks anyway,” she said smiling. “Now come on,” she said, getting up. “We have to be to Echo’s room on time. You know what she’s like when things don’t go the way she wants to.”
Kiro smiled.
“I know exactly what you mean,” he said and got up himself and stretched.
They walked out the door for hopefully the last time. Ash hoped never to have to waste that much time of her life in a Med Center again.
There was no one in the hallway when the walked, so they held hands until someone came by. They nodded to the employee and kept walking like nothing happened. They were getting good at that.
Ash checked her chrono. It was 10 til 9 when they reached Echo’s room. The door was open and they walked in. Echo was fixing her hair while Xiang was watching her. When he saw them come in, he looked the other way.
“Dude, it’s okay,” Kiro said. “We all now you’re madly in love.”
Xiang laughed and walked over and put a hand on his shoulder.
“Sorry about today. Now hard feelings, right?” he asked.
“No, we’re good. Better than ever actually,” Kiro said, grabbing Ash and pulling her under his arm.
“We had a good little…talk,” she said smiling.
Xiang chuckled and turned to Echo. She was walking over to them.
“You’re early. What ever happened to 9 o’clock sharp? You might have barged in us while we were kissing,” Echo said.
“If you were we would’ve slapped you to the opposite walls,” Kiro said.
Echo laughed and got close to Ash.
“Did you tell him?” she whispered.
“I told him a lot of things,” Ash said back. “I think we’re closer than ever now.”
Echo patted her on the back.
“Us too,” Echo said.
Right after that, Zuri walked in with a huge bag.
“How did you get in here?” Echo asked. “The doors automatically lock after they close.”
“The same way Ash and Kiro got in,” Zuri replied. “I used my mind. I told you I could move things with my mind. Well, all I did was move the lock out of the way and the door opened.”
Ash leaned over to Echo.
“She’s better than I thought,” Ash said.
Echo smiled wide.
"I know," Echo said, getting excited. Ash looked to Kiro. He just rolled his eyes.
Zuri looked at them all like they were idiots.
"Okay, instead of going all the way to the supply closet, I decided to make a side-trip and pick them up for everyone on the way over here."
Zuri opened her bag and pulled 2 security suits, one for Kiro and one for Ash and handed them to them. Ash unrolled hers and looked at it. She looked to Echo. They both knew that Kali would not agree.
There were two fresher's in Echo's room so Ash took one and Kiro took the other to try on the suits. Ash put hers on quick and then put her hair up in a high pony-tail. She looked at herself in the mirror. The suit was a little big around the waist, but it still looked decent. She walked out of the fresher and saw Kiro already standing against the wall with his suit on. It hit him perfectly. He had brushed back his hair to make him look a little more professional. Ash hated that. Echo and Xiang took the fresher's next to put on their medical suits. Ash walked up to Kiro and shook her hand through his hair.
"Hey! What are you doing?" he asked, giggling.
"I hate it when you look professional," she said and smiled.
Xiang came out of the fresher before Echo. His long hair didn't match the outfit, but he still looked good.
Finally Zuri put on her outfit and was out before Echo came out.
What is she doing in there? Ash thought.
Finally she came out in the nurse's gown. It didn't match Echo. Usually she wore jumpsuits that actually hit. Nurse's outfits were a whole new look for her.
Zuri walked up to them and handed Kiro and Ash to pieces of flimsiplast. They were fake ID's. Ash was amazed more and more by this girl every second.
"Kiro, Ash...it's about time for your shift. Here's the fake ID cards," Zuri said. "You should probably get going. It would be a good thing if you were a few minutes ahead of us."
"Good idea," Ash said and she and Kiro walked out the door. As they walked out Kiro waved goodbye. When they got out the door Ash laughed..
"What was that about?" Ash asked.
"I felt like being spontaneous," Kiro said.
Ash laughed and continued toward their exit point. Nobody even looked at them. They tried to make as little eye contact with people as possible. Zuri had given them directions to the main exit point earlier and they had memorized the twist and turns. Plus, Kiro had already known this place from basement to rooftop.
When they finally reached the exit door the 2 guards stood waiting for them.
"We thought you would never get here," they said as Kiro and Ash handed them their ID's. The first guard nodded and scanned the card, unlocking the door. Ash and Kiro stepped outside and the guards closed the door behind them.
Ash finally got her first look of what it actually was like on this world. Outside the clouds were turning dark as if it was going to storm soon. There was luxurious green shrubbery everywhere outside. Ash immediately started feeling a little better. She hadn't smelled fresh air in ages. She felt the Force all around her through the plants. It was a different, yet satisfying taste of the Force, besides just the energy around humans.
She looked over to Kiro.
"Now what do we do?" she asked.
"Wait I'm guessing. Pretty exciting isn't it?" he said and gave her his crooked smile. She laughed and stood guard by the door, trying to look professional.
The minutes went by and they seemed like hours. Her friends still weren't coming. Suddenly she felt a surge in the Force from Echo. Something wasn't going as good as they had hoped.
Kiro noticed the change in her posture. When Ash felt something bad, she usually slumped.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"Something isn't right. I think Echo and Xiang are in trouble," Ash said. "Should leave the post and go find them?"
"They told us to wait," Kiro said. "I'm sure they can handle it."
Ash let out a breath and tried to relax. Still, in the back of head she felt anxiety and adrenaline from Echo. She had been on too many dangerous missions for dressing up as a nurse to scare her.
"Kiro I really think we should-" then it hit her. Echo screamed inside her head and she felt a slight sting in her shoulder, but it wasn't from Echo.
"Somebody's hurt! We have to get back in there!" Ash said.
Kiro looked around for a minute, thinking, and then turned around pulled on the door handle.
"It's locked," he said.
Ash laughed.
"Kiro...we're Jedi. Nothing is ever locked for us," Ash said.
Ash went over and pulled on the door. It was jammed. She pulled as hard as she could.
"Okay, maybe it is locked," Ash said. Then she looked at the wall next to them.
"But there's always a way around locked doors," she said and walked about 10 ft. back and stretched her arms out towards the wall.
"Kiro, I would suggest you come stand behind me," she said. He was still standing in front of the door.
As soon as he came behind her she let herself go to the Force. She was still weak and very sore, but if she concentrated hard enough she might be able to accomplish something great.
She stretched out her finger tips and let every amount of Force she could gather out towards the wall. Right before her eyes the wall crumbled. She turned around and looked to Kiro.
His mouth was slightly open and he was staring at the use-to-be-wall. A smile started to slowly creep up on his face.
"Finally some action!" he said and ran towards the wall. Ash followed him. As soon as they got inside they saw people running around through the halls, but a few were sitting on the ground staring at her.
"What? You've never seen an injured girl blow things to pieces before?" she asked. With their mouths in shock they shook their heads.
"Then you obviously don't get out much," she replied and started off at a jog towards her sister's presence. Kiro was right behind her.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment