Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five

Takes place in the middle of Season Five- right after the Grand Prix tournament, and before they go on the memory journey to Egypt. I hope you guys like it! I'm not used to writing fanfictions! X]

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five
I was standing in a large, open castle. I could feel the weight of golden bands on my chest and upper arms. I lifted a hat off of my head and shook dark hair out of my face. My sky-blue robes draped to the ground; a cape was pinned to my shoulders.

The Pharaoh was standing on a balcony about fifty feet away from me, also adorned in gold; long purple cape whipping around in the wind. I approached him; he looked up at me . “Look at the sky,” he said, trouble haunting his voice.

I set my tall hat, also lined with real gold, on the railing of the balcony and looked up. The sky was dark, and clouds swirled angrily overhead. “What does it mean,” I asked him. “Bakura…?”

“I can sense a great evil,” he said quietly. “We don’t have much time to strengthen our forces.”

“Akhenaden and I are still holding the girl in the castle…”

“Are you sure she possesses the White Dragon? Incredible… so many people have been searching for it, for so long. It was only said to have been a monster rumored to exist…”

“Yes, we are sure. I do not know how to harness its power effectively; I do not want to harm the girl.” There was a golden scepter attached to my waist; I lifted it up. It was the Millennium Rod; gold, glittering and spectacular.

The Pharaoh was smiling at me. “You have never been a tender man, Seto,” he chuckled. “I have never seen you hesitate to remove the beast from a person’s soul!”

I chuckled, too, feeling my face go just barely hot. “I… I am surprised with myself, as well,” I replied.

I heard rushing footsteps not far behind us; we both turned around as several guards entered the balcony area.

“My Lords,” one guard said. “I have wonderful news.”

“News?” the Pharaoh asked; he wasn’t expecting news. ”Go on.”

“We have apprehended the man believed to have burned down several villages in search of the White Dragon, four years ago.”

I felt my heart leap. “Really?” I gasped. “Take me to him!”

“I knew you would be excited to see him, Priest Seto,” the guard said. “We have proof that he was involved in the burning of your village and death of your mother.”

Every inch of me was trembling with triumph. I wanted to see this man personally; look into the face of the man who had burned my mother alive. I set my hat back on my head and left the balcony.

The Pharaoh and I followed the guard into the dungeons where the prisoners were seated. We reached a cell where a man was sitting; he was the most peculiar-looking man I had ever seen. He had long, straight hair that seemed to be green; I could tell even in the low light. Clearly, he was some kind of a foreigner… There was as smug sort of smirk on his face as the Pharaoh and I approached the cell.

“Ah, your highnesses,” he said, with mock respect. I felt my hand go to the Millennium Rod. I stepped forward. The Pharaoh had no business with this man, really; but, I did. I entered his cell.

“You killed my mother,” I said deeply. Hatred coursed through me; because of this man, I had no family. He laughed. “Don’t trouble yourself, Seto. It was a worthless village anyway… the place you were born.” he laughed again. I unsheathed the Millennium Rod; it had a knife built into its lower half. I held it to his neck.

“Speak disrespect to me one more time,” I said in the most threatening voice I possessed. “I would feel no remorse with knocking off your head.”

He said nothing; only smiled up at me; smug, unworried. I re-sheathed the Millennium Rod. “See to it that this man is tortured,” I growled to the guards, fixing the man with a stare of absolute odium. “For taking the lives of my mother and neighbors, sentence him to our strictest regimen.”

The man stood up; my hand went back to the Millennium Rod. “I don’t like that idea,” he said, casually. I hadn’t noticed before, but there was a stone in his hand; a small, oval-shaped green stone, only as wide, and a third as long, as his thumb. What was it? He tossed it into the air lazily; a large, brownish monster burst from it. A green symbol was on its forehead; I didn’t recognize it…

It all happened so fast. The Pharaoh lunged forward; I felt his hand hit my side and shove me out of the way just in time for the monster to miss hitting me with a thin, green laser; the Pharaoh snatched a spear from one of the guards nearby and stab the monster through the skull; it fell to the ground and disappeared, dissolving into steam.

“He’s gone!” I gasped, noticing that the Pharaoh and I were alone with the guards in this cell. I ran out of the cell and through the hallways of the dungeon; he was nowhere to be found. Where did he go?

I swore under my breath. Even with the confusion of the presence of the monster, I would have noticed him run out of the cell…

“Seto!” the Pharaoh yelled, running up to me; the guards were behind him. “Are you alright?”

“What? Yes,” I snapped, angry. “Did you see the man leave?”

“No,” the Pharaoh said. “I am stunned at the evil I felt in that man… what an unbelievable power that came from the stone he threw…”

I turned away from the Pharaoh and walked out of the dungeon; alone, I now stood in the foyer of the palace.

“Seto,” came a voice from somewhere.

“What,” I responded, turning around to look at where the voice came from. “Who is it?”

“Come on, Seto,” someone was saying. I was alone in the foyer. Who was talking?

“I am here,” I said. “Who is it?”

I felt a prodding pressure on my shoulder, and the world became dark… my heart became very slow, and all of a sudden I was very warm…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment