Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven

Takes place in the middle of Season Five- right after the Grand Prix tournament, and before they go on the memory journey to Egypt. I hope you guys like it! I'm not used to writing fanfictions! X]

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven

Chapter 7 - Chapter Seven
Mindlessly, I flipped through the television channels. How long had it been since I had watched television for any reason other than to check a news station? Today, I had drawn pictures of dragons, and then played the violin again, and now, I was sitting on a couch in the living room, watching the enormous television sitting twenty feet in front of me.

I sighed, still flipping channels. Now I was almost bored. Doing work for the company may be tedious, but I never really found it boring.

I looked at the coffee table in front of me; a newspaper was sitting neatly folded on it. I sat the television’s remote down and picked up the newspaper, leaving the television turned to whatever it had last landed on; not paying attention to it.

I opened the newspaper; the comics fell out. Comics, huh… I had actually never read them. I picked them up and scanned them. None of these were about dragons or fighting; I was surprised. I saw tons of kids and babies and pets and teenagers… these are supposed to be funny? What’s funny about that?

I then suddenly felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I looked up from my newspaper; the room was empty. My heart rate steadily increased. I could feel that something was wrong.

I stood up from the couch slowly. The television’s voices were muffled with the sound of my heartbeat in my ears. Was I being paranoid, or going crazy? I had barely taken three steps from the couch when the door burst open; one of my servants burst in, gasping for breath, and said, “Master Seto … the creatures are back…”

I swore under my breath and rushed past him; somehow, not surprised. I left the living room and entered the foyer; sure enough, three monsters were in here. Immediately I began to scan the floor for the Orichalcos stones that they came from; knowing that crushing the stones was the easiest way to get rid of the monsters.

“Everyone, get out of here!” I roared at my panicking servants; one of them shouted, “But, Master Seto…”

“Go!” I yelled at her; “I’m fine! I know how to get rid of them! Just get out of here!”

I snatched one of the swords that were on display on the wall off of the hanger and rushed at the monsters; I spotted one stone on the ground and slammed the side of the sword onto it; one monster shrieked and disappeared. Yes, I thought briefly; but had no more time to think, when another monster leapt at me; surprised, because the monsters had never actually physically approached me like that before, I slashed at it, and ended up stabbing it in the stomach; it, too, disappeared, and I noticed out of the corner of my eye, one of the stones had given off a flash of light and vanished.

I felt a cold, rough arm grab me around the shoulders; its clawed hand was fastened on my shirt’s collar; I heard the ripping of fabric; from the corner of my eye, saw a glowing, clawed hand rise next to me. The world slowed down… thinking quickly, I sliced the arm with my sword; shrieking, the creature let go of me; I whipped around, ready.... Wounded, but not defeated, it lunged at me again, but I impaled it through the stomach, as I had done to the first monster. It vanished.

I let the sword fall to the ground. They were all gone. Chest heaving, I stood for a moment in the middle of the foyer, thinking about what had just happened. Pegasus was right; they would keep showing up… I frowned. Those monsters hadn’t tried to hit me with lasers; those monsters actually used physical force against me. The third monster had pinned me; raised its glowing hand in my direction. What would it have done, if I hadn’t stopped it? Shot a laser from its hand? Maybe… were there different kinds of monsters? They all looked the same, but maybe some of them had different abilities…?

A few butlers and maids re-entered the foyer, winded and frightened. “Are you okay, Master Seto?” one asked me.

I nodded and set the sword back on its plaque. “Fine,” I said, before raising my hand to my shirt’s collar; there was a large rip where the monster’s claws had fastened to it.

They were all looking worriedly at me. I frowned. “Don’t worry,” I said. “Were any of you hurt?”

“No, sir,” a timid maid said. “Just scared us.”

“Go to bed,” I told them. They all bowed their heads in my direction and left the foyer, leaving me alone there. I swallowed hard and caught my breath. I was hot and mildly sweaty from the fight; I wiped my forehead.

It was just before ten o’clock; I heard the telltale whipping sound of a helicopter landing in our back yard. A few moments later I saw Mokuba enter the front door; he was back from his date. He ran up to me, looking pleased with himself.

“Seto! I…” he paused once he reached me, and frowned. “Are you okay? You’re all out of breath and sweaty…”

“I… I just fought off a couple of monsters that showed up here,” I said, wiping my forehead again. His eyes widened. “Wait… monsters? More of them?”

“Yeah,” I said. “I stabbed them with that sword,” I said, pointing to the wall hanging.

He looked upset. “Are you okay? Did anyone get hurt?”

“No. All of the servants got out of the room and I stabbed all of the monsters; none of them hurt me or the servants.” He nodded just slightly. “How did your date go?” I asked, lightening the mood.

“Good!” he said happily, ruffling his own hair; instantly, it poofed back into its normally choppy look. “I had fun! …did you do any work while I was gone? “

“No,” I said truthfully. “Unless you count monster fighting as work… I watched television for the first time in years. You know, Pokémon is a strangely addictive show.”

He was just beaming up at me. “I like this!” he said. “Look at you, big brother! You’re smiling so much! You never usually smile this much! You seem happy! See? This isn’t so unbearable, is it? Don’t you feel better?”

“I do feel more patient,” I said, with a sigh. “Maybe sleeping isn’t such a bad thing.”

“Are you actually learning how to take care of yourself?” he asked, aghast, eyes wide. “I’m proud of you!” he laughed and turned down the hallway towards his room; “Good night,” he told me, walking away from me. I saw, as he passed, the light from a table lamp nearby make something on his cheek sparkle- it took me a moment to recognize the thing on his cheek as a glittery lip-gloss mark in the shape of a pair of little lips.

“Uh, Mokuba…” I said.

He turned around. “Huh?”

I pointed at my left cheek. He looked at me, confused, for a moment, before lifting his hand to his own left cheek and feeling the lip gloss; his eyes widened for a second, and he smiled at me again, before turning again and walking to his room. I chuckled darkly and retreated to my own room.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment