Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter Nine

Takes place in the middle of Season Five- right after the Grand Prix tournament, and before they go on the memory journey to Egypt. I hope you guys like it! I'm not used to writing fanfictions! X]

Chapter 9 - Chapter Nine

Chapter 9 - Chapter Nine
Too soon, I was jolted awake by the radio on my bedside table, announcing a cheery 4:15 A.M. weather report. I forced my eyes open; Mokuba was still asleep, nestled against me, gently clutching at my shirt. I took my arms away from around him and turned onto my back, before saying, “come on, Mokuba, wake up,” lazily.

My voice, louder and closer to him, stirred him; he yawned and stretched and turned onto his other side.

“Come on,” I said, sitting up and turning the radio off.

Mokuba was yawning and rubbing his eyes, standing at the front door, as I approached the exit of my house a half-hour later. I was still tired, too, for some reason; I yawned, as well; a black limousine pulled up in front of the house.

“There it is,” Mokuba mumbled sleepily. “Let’s go.” Servants carried our suitcases out after us; we arrived at my headquarters moments later. An enormous, blue helicopter was sitting on the roof of my building, on my own landing port. That’s them, I thought, with a sigh.

The next thing I knew, it was 5:45 in the morning, and I was sitting next to Mokuba in a seat, across from Yugi and all of his friends. Everyone was sleepy, still; Mokuba had leaned his head on the window and gone back to sleep; everyone was following his suit. I yawned and crossed my arms and leaned back in my seat, and the world became dark.

The sky was dark; I could see my surroundings by the stunningly bright light of the blinking stars above my head. There was no moon; the sky was nearly silver with stars. There had been swirling clouds, earlier in the day… but… right now, they were gone. It was strange… I knew the Pharaoh still felt the presence of evil; and deep down, so did I… but, the sky was clear, now, nonetheless.

I felt hot and furious. I threw my gold-lined hat into the sand and pulled off the top of my robes. Now wearing only the shawl tied around my waist, I entered the river; the water was cool and refreshing. I didn’t care that my clothes were getting so wet. I felt myself become just calmer; but, I was still angry. That man had escaped me. I had finally had my mother’s revenge in my hands… and he had just disappeared.

I adjusted the golden bands around my forearms and wrists; they hadn’t come off with my shirt. I looked back up at the sky. Knee-deep in the water and feeling a slight marvel at the night sky, it was somewhat hard to feel too angry, right now…

I sighed. He’d show up again. We could truly apprehend him then.

“Good evening,” a quiet, timid voice came, from behind me. Not expecting anyone to find me here, I turned around, surprised. It was the girl that I had found, being stoned… the girl with the long, white hair. I could just see her in the light of the stars. She was wearing a long, light robe. What was she doing here?

“The guards let me out to get a drink from the river,” she told me. “I need to go back to them soon.”

“Okay,” I said. I felt well and calm now. She entered the river, and passed me; in the water, up to her waist. The long sleeves of her robe floated elegantly on the surface of the water, as did her long hair. I narrowed my eyes. She looked…

“I wish I could marvel at the splendor of the world,” she said sadly, looking up at the spectacular night sky. “But, I… I can not bring myself to, because of the dragon, in my soul… I have no family… no love. But… you are the man who saved me from those villagers, aren’t you? Thank you for saving my life.”

…beautiful.

I didn’t say anything; only walked up next to her. She heard me coming and turned around slowly.

“What is your name,” I asked her, once I was level with her. A strange feeling was beginning to brew inside of my heart. “Where did you come from?”

“My name is Kisara; I am only sixteen years old… I do not know where I came from. I was abandoned at birth because of my looks… and my dragon. I had only one friend…”

“One friend?” I asked. I felt… warm.

“A boy saved me once,” she said. “One time I was apprehended by criminals who desired my power, a boy saved me from them. He…”

“…gave you his horse, and allowed you to escape,” I said, with a smile. I knew I had recognized her; I was happy she remembered me. She stared at me, stunned. “…you? Are you that boy?”

“Yes,” I said.

She gasped. “But… I know that, because of me, your village was burned down… your mother died…”

“Those villains would have burned my village, whether you were there or not,” I said firmly, because that’s what I actually believed. “I do not regret giving you my horse.” I smiled at her. What was this feeling…?

She beamed up at me. “Then… then, thank you. Thank you so very much… your highness. It is an honor to be near you and speak to you.”

“I am happy to be your friend,” I told her. “I am sorry you have been through so much.”

“You know how I feel, don’t you? Your family members died when you were young… do you have many friends?”

“I have the fellow priests and the Pharaoh,” I said. “They support me, but… it is not the same. I miss my mother sometimes.”

She smiled at me; then, put her arms around me. I was rather taller than she was; she was just tall enough to put her head on my chest. Time could have stopped; the world could have been at a standstill. Nobody had ever held me, like that. My heart, normally encased in ice, felt… so different…

“You are very warm,” she whispered, not letting go of me.

I closed my eyes for a moment. I could feel the current of the river hitting the backs of my legs, and could feel her robe’s excess material swirling around us both… we were alone in a world of gentle water, twinkling stars, and soothing darkness.

I opened my eyes and looked up at the sky for just a moment. I gasped, “Look! Look up!”

She did; she, too, gasped. The stars were streaking across the sky… hundreds, thousands, millions of them, like a silver rainstorm that engulfed the entire world. I had never seen anything like that; the stars fell endlessly, disappearing into the darkness after just a brief second. It was the most spectacular thing I had ever seen.

After a second that seemed like an eternity, the sky became still again; the stars went back to twinkling, instead of falling. Kisara looked up at me, in wonder. “I have… I have never seen anything so beautiful,” she whispered, amazed.

I looked down at her; she was still pressed against me, arms gently wrapped around my waist. The stars seemed to glitter in her hair and eyes. I, too, had never seen anything so beautiful… not so beautiful as the sky, for me, though… this feeling I had… what was it…?

She blinked. “Your eyes are so deep…” she whispered.

But, I felt them close. I leaned my head forward… I wasn’t doing it; it was just… happening. I felt my lips meet hers. We stayed for a minute, or an hour, or a year, locked in one kiss…

There was a jolt in the world, and I took a sharp breath and opened my eyes. I was in the green, crystal-like helicopter, lying slightly on my side, somewhat propped up, arms crossed. What had I just seen… another dream…? I looked up. In my sleep I had leaned over almost horizontally; my head was on Mokuba’s side, and he was still sleeping peacefully, probably unaware that I had ever slumped on to him.

I sat up. My heart was pounding, as though I was still… still there, standing in that river… I put my hand to my chest. I could feel my heart through my clothes, through my ribs… what… what was that feeling? That girl… I had seen her before. I had seen a vision of her, with the Blue-Eyes White Dragon…I gently clenched my shirt. Was it love? It wasn’t love, like the brotherly, family love that I felt for Mokuba… it was just as strong, but… different.

I swallowed hard and sighed. It had just been a dream …a very, very realistic dream. And yet, I felt… sad. Sad, like I knew something terrible was going to happen to that girl…

I looked back down at Mokuba, then up at everyone else in the helicopter. I was the only one awake; nobody else had felt the small jolt of turbulence. I looked outside; through the window, I could see that the sun was starting to rise spectacularly over the ocean. I frowned and yawned; I was still tired…

I sighed again and shifted in my seat, crossing my arms again. I looked down at Mokuba. Would he mind if I used him as a pillow, again? Probably not. I put my head back down on the side of his waist and closed my eyes.

I awoke, not much time later, to muffled voices in the aircraft. I cracked open one eye and saw that Yugi was standing in front of all of the seats, facing a screen, on which Dartz’ face was projected.

“…in my palace,” my foggy mind heard Dartz say. I opened my eyes, fully, and sat up. I watched the projection; Dartz was continuing, “I will meet you as soon as you land.”

“Thank you,” Yugi said. I saw Joey snort and then awake suddenly; he looked up, and said, “’Ey, it’s Dartz!” he stood up out of his chair and stood next to Yugi.

“Good morning, Joey Wheeler,” Dartz said. Joey frowned. “Don’t try any funny business,” he said, before clapping Yugi on the shoulder and returning to his seat. I frowned, too. I kind of agreed with Joey.

The helicopter descended; it was still early- even though we had left many hours ago, we were going against the Earth’s rotation- essentially, back in time. It was only seven o’clock in the morning. I looked out of the window and couldn’t help but be impressed and, perhaps, startled; the land below me was incredibly beautiful. Everything was lush and green; the buildings all seemed to be made of this light-green crystal. It all looked enormously high-tech and wealthy; Dartz had done a good job of resurrecting this place. The sun shone spectacularly over the water; turning the ocean gold.

The helicopter landed in front of an enormous crystal palace, and we all stepped out. Serenity gasped, “Wow!” and Tristan and Duke said, “Awesome!” The weather was warm; it was a pleasant morning in late April.

Dartz was standing in front of the majestic double-doors. “Greetings,” he said, as we approached him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment