Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Chapter Seventeen

Takes place in the middle of Season Five- right after the Grand Prix tournament, and before they go on the memory journey to Egypt. I hope you guys like it! I'm not used to writing fanfictions! X]

Chapter 17 - Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17 - Chapter Seventeen
My eyes were tightly closed; I was on the ground, doubled over in dull pain. Every inch of me was throbbing; there was a horrible rumbling and clashing all around me.

I forced my eyes open, chest heaving. I was in the midst of an enormous battle. My monster, Duos, had been destroyed, and I was taking the physical toll for it.

Pain slowly alleviating, I looked up; standing over me was an enormous, looming figure. It was Akhenaden; my teacher, my guide… only, he had sold his soul to darkness. It showed in his physical form; he wore a mask to hide the hideousness of his face; and his dark robes gave off a horrible, bloodthirsty vibe that intimidated even me.

“Come with me,” he said, almost gently. I felt anger and frustration towards him- it was he who had destroyed my Duos, hurting me this badly. He held his hand out; I didn’t take it, but I didn’t need to- a brief purple light surrounded us both, and I felt the ground disappear from under my knees and re-appear a moment later.

I shook my head and forced myself standing. I looked around. Akhenaden had brought us to the front gates of the palace. I stared daggers at him; “Why…” I asked.

“You are destined to be king, Seto,” he said. “It is you who should rightfully hold the throne.”

Why did he suddenly feel this way? “We swore an oath of loyalty to the Pharaoh!” I shouted. “You speak of treason! Stop this madness!”

He laughed. “Do not deny your royal blood!”

“Royal blood…” I muttered, confused. He was lying. He knew that I grew up in a village, raised by my mother, alone.

“It is your destiny to remove the soul from that girl and rule Egypt as Pharaoh!”

“Stop it!” I shouted, approaching him for a moment; then, there was a horrendous crash from behind me, and guards from the palace began shouting and running. I turned around; the entire palace was crumbling in front of my eyes.

“You… you are doing this…” I stammered, hardly able to believe it. “The palace…” I was suddenly struck by a terrible sinking feeling… Kisara! She was still in the palace! Would the guards have bothered to open her gates and let her free? Probably not!

I tore towards the palace. Akhenaden laughed. “The girl is yours! Retrieve her and use her!”

My heart was pounding furiously. I couldn’t believe it. “Shut up!” I yelled, no longer caring about respecting my teacher. “You’ll never succeed! I refuse to harm her!” I turned away from him again; he then lowered his voice to speak… somehow I could still hear him… he said, “You must do the right thing, my son.”

Those horrible words stabbed me like a knife- I stopped in my tracks. He had said, ‘my son…’ son? I had never known my father… Akhenaden was my father?

I turned around. He was holding his hand out to me. I couldn’t believe it. After all this time… after all this time, he was guiding me as his son? Had he planned this all along? To secretly raise me so that someday he could overthrow the Pharaoh and force me into power?

“My son,” he repeated, again. “You are meant for the throne in ways I was never. Akhemnankhanen, my brother… and his son, never…”

“No!” I shouted, not wanting to hear any more. He couldn’t have been brothers to the former Pharaoh… it was impossible. “Shut up! Do not say another word!”

I was wasting time, standing here, yelling at him. I would think about this, later. I ran back towards the palace. Kisara was in danger, every second…

Guards ran past me, begging me not to go into the palace, but I ignored them- swiftly dodging falling chunks of stone from the ceiling and walls, I ran through the castle, passing the rooms that I had come to know so well- the study where I was educated… the throne room where I was given my position… gone; disintegrating into the sand.

Finally I reached the cellars; Kisara was huddled under her bed; scared.

“Kisara!” I shouted. “Can you hear me?”

She stood up from under her bed; she looked unhurt. “Lord Seto…!“ she gasped.

I wrenched the lock off of the gate and swung the door open. “Quickly!“ I yelled, grabbing the stunned girl’s wrist and running back through the palace with her. We reached the exit; I let go of her wrist and grabbed her shoulders.

“Listen to me,” I said, urgently. “Get out of here. Go as far away as you can, from this place. Do you understand me?”

“But…” she started; I read an agony in her eyes that I knew stemmed from how she didn’t want to leave me… I was frightened for her. I knew the best thing for her was to distance herself…

“I will find you someday,” I told her, meaning every word. “I will find you, and then…”

She smiled. She believed me. “Thank you… thank you for everything…” she squeezed my hand gently and ran off in the other direction. My heart ached. …I would see her again. I would do everything to see her again, someday, when it was safe for me to be in love with her.

“Stop her, Seto!” a voice shrieked from behind me- I whipped around to see that Akhenaden was standing not ten feet from me, now.

“Leave her alone! I will fight you!” I yelled, holding the Millennium Rod, forward- but, in a flash quicker than I could ever hope to move, he lifted his hands, and from them burst a bolt of crackling lightning that rushed forward and…

…hit Kisara squarely in the back

Time slowed down considerably as I watched her limply fall… no… this couldn’t be happening… no…

“No!” I shouted, and felt my back hit the ground- I jerked my eyes open to see that I had halfway fallen off of my bed; my back was on the ground, but my right leg was still up on the bed. The sheets were tangled around me; it appeared that I had been thrashing around in my sleep before finally falling off of the bed.

I sat up and pulled my leg down with me and pulled the sheets from around my waist and shoulders. Another vivid dream… my heart was pounding, as though I was still standing in the palace, faced with the man who claimed to be my father…

I shook my head and got back into bed; it was only three o’clock in the morning. I wiped my sweating forehead. A sense of panic gripped me… I sighed and thought of nothing but what would happen later today… I wouldn’t have to fear for my own life anymore… or for Mokuba’s.

The next morning started slowly. I dragged my feet out of bed at eight o’clock and after making myself look acceptable, went to the breakfast table. Mokuba was sitting with Chris, Ironheart, Duke and Serenity- they were all talking about the trains. He looked up as I entered; he told me good morning, and I replied before getting a plate of breakfast.

Everyone else gradually showed up; once we had all eaten, a still-solemn Ironheart spoke. “I must congratulate you all for coming so far. You have an excellent chance of defeating the Leviathan, now. The Leviathan was resurrected in the third temple; Adella should be there; it, too, should be there.”

“I have this,” the Pharaoh said, holding up the fragment of Orichalcos stone that I had taken off of Donno’s shirt. It looked dull now, but it had been flashing immediately after our duel ended. The Pharaoh told Ironheart this; Ironheart narrowed his eyes at the stone.

“I’m not sure what it might do,” he said. “I imagine it’s just another fragment of the Orichalcos stone… Donno held it so that he could control the Orichalcos? I don’t know what benefits it might bring you.”

The Pharaoh frowned. “I thought of something… I want to hold on to it. I fear that if an Orichalcos monster is summoned within the limits of a duel, at least if we possess a fragment of the stone, we can control those monsters.”

I frowned. Maybe. “What can it hurt to hold onto it, then,” Ironheart said, with a shrug. “I trust that you are a master duelist who knows the correct methods for defeating an opponent.”

“Yes,” the Pharaoh said. He stood up. “We should go to the train. The sooner we get this done, the more we will save people.”

“Let’s kill that dog!”
Tristan yelled happily, also standing up. “Adella don’t know what she’s up against!”

But, the thing was… I was sure that she did know what she was up against.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment