Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Chapter Nineteen

Takes place in the middle of Season Five- right after the Grand Prix tournament, and before they go on the memory journey to Egypt. I hope you guys like it! I'm not used to writing fanfictions! X]

Chapter 19 - Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19 - Chapter Nineteen
A man was behind me, wearing elaborate golden bands and a tall crown. His long red robes swept to the ground; he looked majestic, powerful. It was him- the Pharaoh’s High Priest. He looked somewhat different than I remembered… he had a higher sense of wisdom and strength. I’d also never seen him in these clothes, before- usually, he wore blue robes; now, they were strikingly red and exquisite, and he was dressed in more solid gold than ever.

He approached me, wearing a sort of smug smirk… the exact facial expression which I wore so often. “You…” I whispered, hardly daring to believe it.

He stopped when he was two feet away from me. He was exactly as tall as I was… his skin was darker, and he was somewhat more built, but, otherwise…looked just like I did.

“You need to be more careful,” he said grudgingly. His voice was deep and commanding, just like mine was- we were speaking different languages, yet somehow, I understood him. “Not too many people can get hit by Ra and survive.”

“I don’t understand…” I muttered, looking desperately into the blue eyes that I looked into every time I stood in front of a mirror. “Where are we? Who… are you?”

“You know who I am,” he said, now with a pleasant tone to his voice.

I frowned. “Why am I seeing you all the time?” I asked, frustrated. “I’m seeing moments of your life in my dreams almost every time I fall asleep, these days.”

“The Millennium Items have been brought together. The Pharaoh will discover his lost memories, soon- the union of the Millennium Items is awakening various random memories in him, as well as in you.”

“Why in me, too,” I asked, somewhat irritated.

“You mean, why are you connected to the Pharaoh?” he asked. “Yes, well… he was once your cousin!”

“My cousin?” I asked, incredulous. “What… once my cousin? What do you mean?”

“Well… I mean, you, Seto Kaiba, are not related to Yugi Muto… but, I am related to the Pharaoh that you know.”

“I… don’t believe it,” I said, incredulous… but… I realized now that I had never processed what had happened in the most recent dream. He had said something about royal blood…

He chuckled. “Headstrong, I know. But… “

“I didn’t know you’d met Donno,” I said.

“Yes…” he said. “I have a lot of hatred for him. You know that he was responsible for killing my mother.”

“Tried to kill my brother, too,” I said.

“I’m glad you defeated him!” he said, somewhat smiling. I bit my lip. Another question was weighing on my mind. “And, I saw Kisara…”

He frowned; a twinge of sadness ate at his face. I could immediately tell that he was upset.

“You loved her,” I continued.

“Very much so,” he said sadly. “And she loved me. She lives on with you, in the form of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon…”

I frowned. I didn’t bother to think that this was why I felt so connected to the cards. He went on, “She was kind, and selfless… the only person whom I really loved.”

“You’re pretty alone, too, huh?” I asked, crossing my arms.

He smiled. “Well, I am not naturally a very nice man… I regret to admit that I imprisoned many men before they even committed crimes…”

“That’s nothing,” I said. “I once tortured an old man into cardiac arrest.”

He laughed. “I forced prisoners to fight against each other so that I could see whose Ka was more powerful,” he said.

I raised my eyebrows. “Not bad,” I said. “But, how many times have you ever led someone to commit suicide?” I asked.

He frowned. “None…” he said.

“Try me. I’ve done that to two people.”

Two!” he said with a laugh, clapping his hand on my shoulder. We were so, so alike. “I do not doubt it at all,” he said. “But. I must speak with you regarding your duel.”

“You know about my duel?” I asked. “But…”

“Once, long ago, someone saved my life. I was given that power… so, I have saved yours.”

“Saved mine?” I asked. “What, from Ra?”

“An attack from Ra, especially in these conditions, easily stops the heart. Under normal circumstances, you would have been killed instantly.”

I frowned. Geez…

“As for your duel… you are on the wrong path. You are fighting a monster that cannot be destroyed. The great dragon Ra… Obelisk and Slifer cannot destroy it.”

I frowned. “Then how can we beat it? If we lose this duel, we’re dead! She’s keeping our god cards in check, so the Orichalcos can still exist and would only be too happy to feed our souls to the Leviathan…”

“I am not asking to you defeat Ra,” he said. “There is something you do not realize. Adella is controlling the Ra card. Now, the Egyptian gods have another interesting ability. Anyone who holds a Millennium Item can control the god cards, but only the Pharaoh can control the ultimate god monster- Horakhty.”

“Horakhty,” I repeated. Somehow, it was… familiar.

“Horakhty comes from the union of the god cards when they are all together on the same team. It does not matter which team- Horakhty always fights for the Pharaoh. Horakhty can destroy any monster. Have it attack the Leviathan, and you will win. “

“But, Yugi and I have two god cards, and she has the third. How do we get them together?”

“Give them to Adella,” he replied.

I stood, shocked, for a moment, before it hit me- even though the monster would form on her side of the field, only the Pharaoh could control it… so it was as good as being on our side of the field. “Brilliant…” I whispered.

“Of course, you will immediately defeat Adella with that, and crush with her, the fragment of Orichalcos Stone that she held. This will allow you to attack the Leviathan. You will win.”

“How do you know all of this?” I asked, amazed. For being so young, he was so smart… then, for the first time, I noticed that the Millennium Puzzle was hanging from his neck. I gasped. “Wait… wait, I thought you carried the Millennium Rod…”

“Not anymore,” he said. “I gave it to another priest.”

“But, why? Why are you wearing that?”

He looked down at the Puzzle. “This? This is the pendant of the Pharaoh,” he said.

“Why do you have it?” I asked him.

He said nothing; only smiled at me, then turned around again.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment