Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Request

When the Mario Bros' friends start to disappear, what can our heroes do to get them back? Progress on hiatus; story started when I was 14.

Chapter 1 - The Request

Chapter 1 - The Request
"Get him now," the woman standing behind the horrible, huge, red creature that had fourteen eyes and ten legs said. The monster looked a little like a dragon, but then again, it didn't have wings or anything. The woman was actually very beautiful, but very unusual looking... I've never seen a woman like that. The
only thing that was REALLY strange about her was her hair, it was as long as she was tall, but curled up into about seven twists on her head. Her clothes were unusual; too, she was wearing some kind of ninja suit. Nonetheless, she was very tan, and her eyes were greener than my shirt.

I held my hands out in front of me and generated as much lightning as I could to try and stop the lizard. There was no water anywhere, oh, if only I had some water, I could electrocute him with more power than usual...

Its massive tail swung wildly in my face, revealing to me that this lizard-like monster was, in fact, a him.

It seemed my electricity ball hit the creature in the middle of its enormous head. All fourteen of its eyes were as big as my hand, but the monster was pretty weak compared to its size.

The towering creature slammed its hand right on top of me, sending me sprawling.

"Get off me-" I growled, trying to pull away, though, this wasn't easy, considering its hand was as large as I was.

Then, out of nowhere, there was a warm steam on my face. It couldn't have been the monster, I know, because its head was nearly a mile away from me, but then, what was it? The woman started laughing...

"Stop-" I gasped. "Stop puffing on me... stoooopppp...."

"Luigi!"

I jerked my eyes open and saw that I was lying in my bedroom, Daisy leaning inches over me. Her brown hair was sticking up in a couple of places, and her eyes were green because she wasn't wearing her colored contacts. She had an odd expression on her face, one that had a mixture of confusion, worry and anger.

"Wha-huh?" I said, sitting up. There was sweat on my face... that was all a dream?

"You were mumbling something like 'get off me' and 'stop puffing on me.'" Daisy said suspiciously. She pursed her lips for a second and said, "You haven't been doing pot with other women, have you?"

I felt my eyes widen. "Of course not!" I said. "I was just having a ...bad dream." I didn't dare tell her that there was a beautiful, rather large-breasted woman trying to beat me up in my dream.

"Oh," Daisy said, and sat on the bed. "Well, anyway, remember? You promised you'd take me to the flower nursery today."

"I sure will," I yawned and planted my feet on the floor. "But I don't suppose you want me going looking like this?" I looked very funny; my hair was sticking up in the back and resembled a peacock's feathers.

"Go ahead and make yourself pretty," she laughed. "I'll do the same." she left before I could tell her "That wouldn't be hard for you!" to get her in an even better mood, but I sighed and got dressed, myself.

I then made my way down to the foyer, where Daisy was bobbing excitedly.

"Come on, come on, come on," she said quickly. "They're having a sale on azaleas today!"

The flower shop was only two blocks away, and Daisy couldn't be more willing to get there. Sarasaland was unusually busy today, Daisy didn't even take the car, and, while being dragged by the arm down the sidewalk, I noticed that Sarasaland reminded me of New York City today.

Daisy squealed when we got to the entrance of the store.

"Lookatthat!" she said. "Look! They're breeding all those different colored tulips!" she zoomed off.

I swallowed, still standing in the doorway. I brushed the dust off the back of my shoes and entered the store.

It was like a jungle in here, I couldn't see where Daisy went at all, much less the funny colored tulips she was so interested in. I went down an aisle with a lot of little potted cactuses and miniature piranha plants. I picked up one of the tiny cactuses, thinking to myself with a laugh that this would make a nice addition to Mario's underwear drawer.

"Do you like cactuses?" came a woman's voice next to me.

"I guess they're cool," I said turning around to look at her. I nearly dropped the plant in surprise.

The woman who had addressed me was not really tall, only about as tall as me, and was eerily identical to the woman that controlled the lizard in last night's dream.

"You-" I began, but the words got lost on the way out.

"Do I know you, or something?" she said, noticing the slightly horrified look on my face.

I swallowed and shook my head. This was impossible...

"Oh, hey," she said, her green eyes flashing as if she suddenly remembered me, "You're the guy who's going to be our king, right?"

I nodded, still staring at the way her ridiculously long hair was twisted into seven little mini-braids on her head. I didn't mean to be rude, but I just didn't believe this...

"Well, let’s hope you're around to have that happen," she said in a very high, lighthearted way. Startled at what she just said, I found my voice.

"What does that mean?" I said in an almost demanding way. But she just smiled, I blinked, and she was gone.

Did I really just see what I thought I did?

I shook my head quickly, and a hand grabbed my shoulder from behind, which, again, nearly made me drop the little cactus.

"Ahh!"

"I saw that." Daisy said in a low tone. Obviously, I did see what I thought I had. "Do you... know her?"

"No," I gasped. "I... I think I've seen her around before, but I don't know her name..."

"What... were you staring at?"

I swallowed. "The way her hair was. It was... green."

Daisy laughed. "I'm just kidding, I trust you," she said. She held up a basket full of my weight in flowers.

"Royalty gets a special discount!" she said happily, and then put her eyes on the cactus I was still holding.

"What-" she said, with a laugh. "Going to put that in Mario's underwear drawer?"

"How did you know?" I said, a grin spreading on my face. "Nah,"

I set the cactus back on its shelf as a fly landed in front of one of the mini piranha plants. It bent down and snatched the fly, and ate it as grotesquely as you possibly could. I cringed as fly parts were shot everywhere, and brushed one of its disembodied wings off my sleeve. Daisy, however, was fascinated.

"Way cool!" she said. "They're breeding these flowers to be mini!"

I swallowed hard as a little bit of fly guts slid down the plant's mouth and it fell asleep.

"Yeah... it's great." I said.

"Isn't it, though?" Daisy said, fumbling in her basket for something. "Look... I bought six of them!" she held up the palm-sized pot in front of me.

I clenched my teeth behind closed lips. "I think the color of them goes well with our dining room... what do you think?" she asked.

I was bursting to say that the dining room was the absolute worst place to put these things, but didn't want to upset her by saying so. She may put one on my bedside table if I said anything.

"Whatever you think," I forced myself to cheerily say.

"Great!" Daisy said. "Then let's go home. I'm hungry."

I didn't realize it until now, but so was I. I hadn't eaten anything yet today.

It took a little longer to get home than it was to get there, because Daisy was toting around a 145-pound basket with flowers, but she was still ecstatic nonetheless. She burst through the door and accidentally crashed into Weston, our old, feeble and angry butler.

"Um... good morning, your highness." he said irritably as he pulled a blue sakura off his head.

"Good morning!" she said, getting up off him. "Sorry about that..."

He stood up and brushed the dust off himself. "If you don't mind..." he said, cringing. I crammed my fist in my mouth to stop from laughing; one of the piranha plants Daisy had bought had fastened its sharp teeth into his butt.

"Ahh! Sorry!" Daisy said, and ripped the Piranha plant away. Weston said nothing except "augh" and then walked away, rubbing his backside and mumbling something.

The door behind me opened, and I turned around to make eye contact with my archrival, Waluigi. He was a very unpleasant guy: though he stood at nearly 6'1, he only weighed as much as I did, and I was a healthy weight. He was actually very scary-looking, with a pointed moustache and elf-like ears, dark circles under blank gray eyes, and a large, purplish nose. Even though in our last adventure he had learned to work with me, the instant we set foot on the plane home, he learned to loathe me again, and vice versa.

He returned my stare; his long, thin face curled into the usual look of hatred he wore when around me. But all of its color was gone. To my surprise, his face was so white I could have been easily tricked into thinking he painted it with that clown makeup.

"Well, can I come in, or what?" he snarled in his low, nasally voice. Clearly, friendly intentions are not what he wanted right now.

"Did you need something?" I asked in a falsely pleasant way. I made sure to make my eyes seem extra bright, as that was one of the things he couldn't stand about me; he told me last month- the way I have such “perfect, crystalline blue” eyes.

He curled his lip a little... mission accomplished.

"I..." he said, in an obviously uncomfortable way. "I... I need your help."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment