Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - chapter two: music

Gohan, Videl, Bolma and Vegeta go to New-Namic in search of the purple star dragon balls to restore the planet after it is poisoned. But when they get there they find out the namics have been mutated and are deadly. But what will happen when vegeta is bit

Chapter 2 - chapter two: music

Chapter 2 - chapter two: music




Chapter two: Music.

>>>Ok, this is me. I really, really like music and I wanted some way to include it as like, you know, back ground music. THIS IS NOT A SONG FIC. I put the words in as background music only and if you don't wanna read the words you don't have to. (They're the ones in italics) all the words aren't there, because, like I said, it's not a song fic. Tell me what you think and any suggestions are welcome.

Ten pm, Nov 21st 2067

Gohan yawned. Vegeta was meditating on bedroll and Bolma and Videl where in the bathroom doing whatever girls do before bed and he was simply sitting there.

The sleeping room was a big round room with dressers bolted to the floors and locked shut, in what Gohan assumed was an attempt to stop them from getting hit with anything if the ship met turbulence.

Videl and Bolma walked out of the bathroom, laughing together about something and he couldn't help but stare at the younger of the two. Videl's hair had begun to grow back so it was shoulder length and swooshed when she turned her head. She was wearing a loose t-shirt as a nightgown that stopped just below her butt, showing off her long, muscular, yet somehow still feminine legs.

Videl herself kept stealing glances over at the half saiyan. He was wearing dark blue shorts and no shirt. His chest was muscular and shapely. She caught him staring at her and after the couple seconds it took to get her voice she gave him the best glare she could at the time and asked. “What are you looking at?”

“Umm. I -I wanted to say good night.” He looked away from her and down at his blanket

“Good night Gohan.” She said smiling. “Sleep tight.” She lay down and watched as Bolma pulled her bedroll over so it was next to Vegeta. “I don't wanna hear any funny noises you two!” She yelled at the older couple playfully.

“No worries about that”. Bolma said back. “All the noises you hear should be really easy to recognize.”

Videl stuck her tong out “Ew!” and they all lay down. Videl was the first to sleep followed by Bolma. Vegeta sat up and begin meditating. Gohan on the other hand, had trouble, and finally, after what seemed like forever, he fell to sleep and dreamed sweet dreams.

1 pm Nov 22 2064



Gohan walked into the cockpit of the ship and found Videl trying to plug her Ipod into the computer. “Ah-Ha!” She cried triumphantly as Jack Johnson's “Sitting, Waiting, Wishing” drifted through the room.


“Well I was sittin, waitin, wishin

You believed in superstition,

Than maybe you'd see the signs

“Hey.” He said as both a greeting and a way to let his presence be known.

“Hey, Gohan.” She smiled, blushing slightly. “I have to have music. It drives me crazy if I don't.” Her hurried explanation made Gohan chuckle.

“That's cool. I love music.” He smiled and began singing with it.

Must I always be waitin, waitin on you

Must I always be playin, playin your fool

“No, no, Gohan, you're ruining the song!”

“Ruining the song?!” He gasped in mock shock. “Not I, I ashore you. My singing is top notch. Just listen.” And with that he resumed his song.

I can't always be waitin, waitin on you

I can't always be playin playin a fool

“Gohan!” Videl growl angrily, turning away from him. “Go away.”

“Aww, come on, Videl. I'm only playin'.”

She didn't say anything, just stood there with her back to him.

“Don't be mad.” He tried to move so she was face to him but she turned her back again. Silence fell between to two teenagers as the song ended and the Goo Goo Doll's “Iris.” started playing across the speakers.

And I'd give up forever to touch you,

`Cause I know that you feel me some how

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don' wanna go home tonight

“Umm, would you like to dance?” Gohan asked awkwardly, for lack of better to say. Videl gave him a weird look but after a few long moments nodded. He took her

hand and they began an awkward spin around the room. Gohan smiled as her eyes lit up and they begin to twirl faster and faster.

And I don't want the world to see me

`Cause I don't think they'd understand

When everything's meant to be broken:

I just want you to know who I am

“Whoa!” Gohan tripped and they both fell to the floor with a fit of giggles, finally sobering up as the last “who I am” flitted threw the room.

“So who are you?” Videl asked Gohan with a secretive smile. “What would the world think if they knew you?”

Gohan frowned. “Don't know. What'd they think if they knew you?”

Having not received an answer and not willing to give one Videl quietly stood and exited the room, giving Gohan a slight smile as she waved good-bye.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lady_Ayame316 on January 5, 2006, 12:15:14 PM

Lady_Ayame316 on
Lady_Ayame316I love it!Please tell me when you have the next chapter up!