Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Underground

Gohan, Videl, Bolma and Vegeta go to New-Namic in search of the purple star dragon balls to restore the planet after it is poisoned. But when they get there they find out the namics have been mutated and are deadly. But what will happen when vegeta is bit

Chapter 3 - Underground

Chapter 3 - Underground


Chapter three: Underground

“Landing sequence begin, landing sequence begin.” The computers voice rang through the ship. Gohan had just finished buckling his safety belt when the ship took a sharp dive towards the planet. “Entering planet atmosphere.” The ship shuddered and slowed down than righted its self, slowly descending to the ground.

With a loud thump the ships feet met land and Gohan felt himself relax. “Landing successful. Doors opening.” Gohan unbuckled him self and stood on wobbly legs. “I hate space travel.” He mumbled to himself. He heard the others get up.

“Wasn't that fun, Gohan.” Videl said, smiling.

“No.”

They walked out the door and got there first good look of the planet they where sent to save. The sky was a sherbert orange, the grass was blue and the mountains in the distance where a purplish red. Big house sized mushrooms grew all around and sharp looking flowers grew like shards of glass all over the place.

“Shore is pretty.” Videl said with a smile

“Where not hear to sight see. Were hearing for the dragon balls.” Vegeta said, glaring at her.

“Oh, I'm sorry Vegeta.” Videl said with false enthusiasm. “I'm so glad the prince of the monkey world could tell me that.”

“Ok, ok. Drop it right hear. We have a job to do.” Bolma reached in her purse and pulled out two radars. “Hear.” She handed one to Videl and kept the other for herself. “We'll split up. Me and price charming hear will search the left ½ of the globe, you and Gohan head for the right.”

They took off to the air and after about fifteen minutes of flying the dragon radar let out a soft >beep< and Gohan glanced at it. “One about four miles from hear.” He said. They kept flying until they where right over where it said in was.

“Um, I don't see anything, Gohan.” It's true. They where standing in an endless up and down hill land with short grass and saw nothing, anywhere. “You think it's underground?”

Gohan frowned. “It's possible. In that case we need to find a way in. there's gotta be a cave or something. The ball wouldn't have just burrowed underground.” He and Videl walked around until “Hey, over hear!” He pointed at small opening in the side of one of the hills.

Videl pulled out a capsule, opened it so it turned into a travel bag than dug threw it until she found two flashlights. “Hear.” She said handing it to Gohan and motioning towards the cave. “You first.” She said.

Gohan got in and crawled threw the small space. About six meters in the ceiling was high enough that he could stand and walk easily. About another twenty meters ahead of that the ground came to an acute 80-degree decline. Carefully they half flew, half walked until they reached the bottom. “Now what?” Videl asked looking around.

Gohan didn't answer just zoomed in closer on the radar. “Its some where in the ceiling.” They both shined their lights up at the stalactites.

“Kinda creepy looking aren't they?”

“Yea.” Simultaneously they flew up and begin searching among them.

“EW! There wet!” Videl said pulling her hand back.

“Well, yea, they where formed by dripping water after all. See as water drips down it leaves mineral deposits and eventually they build up to this.”

“Hum. An hear I thought I was skipping school for the day.”

“Got it!” Gohan cried triumphantly. “Oh um-uh crap.” They heard it hit the ground and begin rolling. Quickly they both flew down and begin searching for it.

“Could it have fallen down there?” Videl asked motioning to a well-like hole in the ground.

“Won't hurt to look.” Gohan said and jumped over the edge. Videl followed and they both flew down the dark chute. At the bottom was a tunnel and the followed it to the end and saw it. “Got it!” Videl said cheerfully. She smiled as she put it in her backpack. and turned to leave.

“Don't move.” Gohan instructed her in a hushed voice. He was staring straight ahead into the darkness a frown on his face. She knew his super human sight could see something in the dark she couldn't and after almost a full ½ minute of the stand off curiosity got the better of her and she turned on he flash light.

Gleaming body armor and a wicked tail flashed in the light. The six-foot scorpion was stunned for a second by the sudden light than lunged. “HA!” Gohan shot a blast at it and it bounced upward. He caught the tail in mid air and bent it back with a hollow >snap<. Videl's eyed got wide with shock as she heard Gohan's blast connect with the roof and what sound like a waterfall of rocks heading for the ground.

Gohan realized what was happening the same instant Videl did and had only a split second to push her farter down the tunnel, out of harms way. The rocks buried both him and the broken scorpion.

When the dust settled Videl scampered over to the pile. “Gohan!” She begin pulling through the pile and shifting the debris. Suddenly and miraculously his hand came out of rubble and than he was standing there, looking down at Videl with curiosity.

He knelt down to where she sat. “Hey, what's wrong? You ok?” She nodded dumbly. “Than why you crying?” Videl brought a hand up to her cheek, noticing for the first time that tears where escaping.

“Your okay!” She said suddenly finding her voice, and hurling herself forward, hugging him tightly. “I thought, I thought you-”

“Come on. You know it takes more than a few pebbles to hurt me.” He lifted up his hands, “Look, See? I'm ok. Not a scratch.”

“Gohan I- I think I-”

“You what?” he prodded when she didn't say any more.

“I think I might love you.” She said in a tiny voice.

“Oh. That's ok, `cause I've been in love with you for quite some time.” He stood. “Now that that's settled lets get out of hear. Wait right there.” He walked a ways down the tunnel and did a rather strong energy blast that made a new tunnel, sending the rocks harmlessly onto the outside world instead of cascading back down. “Ready to find the next one?” he asked.

“Yep.” She nodded as she took his hand.





I really liked this chapter! How about you? REVIEW!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dragon52 on February 11, 2006, 6:22:00 AM

dragon52 on
dragon52great chapter write more please.

Lady_Ayame316 on January 29, 2006, 8:11:17 AM

Lady_Ayame316 on
Lady_Ayame316I LURRRV TIS CHAPTER!!!WRITE MOOORE!!MOOOORE!!lol gr8 job,i liked it^_^