Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - house of mirrors

Gohan, Videl, Bolma and Vegeta go to New-Namic in search of the purple star dragon balls to restore the planet after it is poisoned. But when they get there they find out the namics have been mutated and are deadly. But what will happen when vegeta is bit

Chapter 4 - house of mirrors

Chapter 4 - house of mirrors


Chapter four: house of mirrors



5:30 pm Nov 22

“Land there!” Bolma said, pointing at the ground. Vegeta grumbled and obeyed. He sat her down and she leaned over and gave him a kiss. “Thank you Vegeta.” He surprised her by kissing her back for a good 15 seconds. She was just beginning to get into the kiss when he pulled away.

“Ok, woman, Where's the dragon ball?”

Bolma looked around. They had landed in an amusement park. Some Namics must have still been hear when the bomb went of; judging by the fact music was still playing and an occasional ride stared up, most likely on a timer. For some unknown reason she moved closer to Vegeta. “Kinda creepy hear.” She said, looking around at the carnival in the fading sun light.

“Where are the bodies?” Vegeta said with a frown. “Since we got hear I haven't seen a single one. Would thing if an entire race bought the farm you'd see something.”

“Now that you mention it is strange. Maybe someone cleaned `em up. Bismuth did say there are other races hear, maybe one of them cleaned it up.”

“Hm.”

Bolma fiddled with the dragon radar until it zoomed in on the specific area. She begins walking forward until she reached a door. “Ball's in hear.” She said as she opened the door. `House of Mirrors' read the sign. She cracked open the door and peered in.

Instantly she jerked back. “UGHHH!! Whatsthatsmell!??”

“Well I guess we've found the bodies.” Vegeta said with nonchalance. “You said the ball was in hear, right?” She nodded. “Wait hear. I'll get it by my self, it'd be better than hearing you wine.”

Vegeta walked in with the radar she handed and began navigating the winding hallways. After a few minutes he simply broke the mirrors and made a straight line for the dragon ball. He saw it and next to it was a small-cloaked creature. As he watched it was dragging what distinctly could be identified as a rotting Namic. Vegeta decided the creature was of no importance and stepped forward to pick up the ball. The creature screamed something in a growling choppy language and before Vegeta: with his saya-jin reflexes could react; it buried its razor sharp teeth in his forearm.

He cursed at it in his home language and shot an energy blats directly between its red eyes. To his shock and disgust it didn't affect it, simply disappeared into the blue-black flesh. The creature let go, grabbed the namic body and catapulted into the air, disappearing milliseconds before hitting the roof. Vegeta picked up the ball with his un-injured hand and proceeded back towards the exit. The bite wound on his arm was swollen and burned. `Disgusting creature.' He thought with a scowl.

As he made his way out side he smelled them before he saw them. “Vegeta!” Bolma said, relief evident in her voice. They surrounded her, about thirty of them.

“What do you want?” He growled, stepping forward.

One, near the back of the group, stepped forward. “follaw us.” He said in broken, slurred English.

“Feh. Why should I do such a stupid thing as that?”

“ weill kill tha both uf you.”

Vegeta had had quite enough of this and was not aloud to let one lucky bite scare him off. He lunged at them, ready to rip the nearest ones throat out. Quicker than he could see they pined him down and stole the dragon ball from him.

“ i said fallow me.” The creature said. Vegeta stood up and felt his leg's stepping forward without his say-so. No mater how hard he tried to stop them they continued marching on. Bolma marched beside him, an absolutely terrified look on her face. In front of them was the English speaking cloaked dude and behind them the rest of the group followed behind. The last one dragged the putrid smelling corpse behind him. As a matter of fact the whole group smelled like that.

“ hear we are.” The leader announced after about twenty minutes of walking. “welcum…” he said. “to tha camp uf tha namicz.”

“Namic?” Bolma said disbelievingly. “I don't see a single namic hear. Well, except that guy.” She pointed at the corpse that had been dropped in front of the group.

“ no?” the leader asked, stepping forward and stroking a hand over the corpse lovingly. “you see? We are all namicz the gasz, my gasz, didnt kill us all, sum of us it jus change.”

As he spoke he bent down and bit the corpse. It begin smoking and was now seething on the ground like a dieing man. Than it sat up and opened its eyes, red as the other creatures. They watched in horror as it begin to change form, bone crunching and innards making a sickening slurping sound as the body shrank and soon took on the form of the creatures around it. The former corpse stepped back in with the others, blending in seamlessly. The head creature grinned viper like. “Wecum to Tantalu's armey. Tantalu at yer service.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lady_Ayame316 on March 21, 2006, 12:37:08 PM

Lady_Ayame316 on
Lady_Ayame316*does first comment dance* Yayz! This has got to be my fav. ch.! Can't wait for the next!