Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - ch.6 the namics bite

Gohan, Videl, Bolma and Vegeta go to New-Namic in search of the purple star dragon balls to restore the planet after it is poisoned. But when they get there they find out the namics have been mutated and are deadly. But what will happen when vegeta is bit

Chapter 6 - ch.6 the namics bite

Chapter 6 - ch.6 the namics bite






Chapter 6: The Namics bite





10:15 am, Nov 23











Videl yawned, sitting up. Everyone else was still asleep and it was a beautiful day. No one would mind if she went out to stretch her legs for a moment. So she changed out of her pajamas and headed out side, dragon radar in hand just in case. She flew around in lazy circles, slowly drifting farther from the ship.





She saw it in the distance at the same time the radar went off. A mountain in the distance was smoking and giving off huge billows of smoke, the same place the radar was saying was a dragon ball. Something must be on fire.





For a minute she debated. Should she go back and get Gohan to go with her? No! She shook her head roughly. She was Videl, she didnt need any help and she certainly wasnt about to turn soft. She took of at top speed towards it. After she landed she felt the ground trembling beneath her feet.





- - -- - - - -- - - -- - -- - -- - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - -- - - - -- - -- - - - -





What the-whats going on?! Bolma, Vegeta and Gohan all sat up at the same time.





Earth Quake! Bolma said as the shaking became more prominent.





I dont think so. Vegeta said, sniffing the air. I smell sulfur, dont you boy?





But Gohan was nowhere to be seen. Half a minute later he stuck his head back in the sleeping quarters. I cant find Videl! He said. And what evers going on is sending off so much energy I cant sense anything!





Calm dawn, well find her. A particularly violent shake of the ground sent Bolma tumbling backwards against Vegeta. He cried out and ended up falling too.





Vegeta? Bolma said, more than a little worried. Whats wrong? Is it your arm?





No, Im fine. He hauled himself to his feet with a grunt. Now lets get to work finding Gohans mate.





Hey, shes not my- He stopped talking when he noticed something. Vegeta-your hand! It was a dark purple, little yellow lines all over it. Oh my god! That looks like gang green! But how-





I said dont worry about it!!!!!!!!!! He growled angrily, grabbing it with his left hand and pulling it so they couldnt see it from behind him. Now he spoke calmer. A saijins blood can fight of anything.





But if its gang green it means your skin is rotting off-nothing can-





I said I am fine!!!!  He screamed, his face so twisted and angry it sent a momentary shock of fear down Gohans spine.





Bolma just huffed. Yea yea. That pride of yours is gonna be the death of you.





- - - -- - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





Videl coughed, nearly choking on the smoke from whatever was burning. Her eyes where watering and she stopped to wipe away the tears when she saw it, perfect and orange and shining at the edge of a crater. A dragon ball, there fifth one! She moved forward and grabbed it. Than she looked down, it wasnt just a crater; it was the mouth of a volcano!





About two stories below was bubbling molten lava. The ground shook again and she wobbled where she was but didnt fall. As so as it stopped she jumped it into the air and flew towards the ship.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





Where could she be? What if something happened to her- what if-





Hey Gohan, look what I got! Videl landed next to the near panicked teenager. She held out her dragon ball but he ignored it and encased her in affectionate, if not slightly tight, hug. She hugged him back, loving the feel of his warm strong body. He leaned down and kissed her, lips warm against hers.





Videl looked at him. Whats wrong Gohan?





We couldnt find you. I though something had happened.





Well dont worry, ok? Im fine and I dont exactly care for that look youre given me. She stood on her tip ties and kissed him again until he visibly relaxed.





So what where you doing? Gohan asked.





I got another dragon ball. She smiled and holding it up again.





Cool. That makes 5, only 3 more to go.





But Gohan, it was on top of a volcano, I think it might erupt soon.





A volcano?! Bolma frowned Ok, everyone in the ship, now!





They got in and flew about 5 miles away from the site they had been previously.





Ok, were gonna find the last three balls but were NOT splitting up, got it?





I do what I want woman. Vegeta grumbled in a breathless voice.





Vegeta? Videl turned around, looking at him for the first time since yesterday. Oh, Kami! What happened?! Whatd you do to your arm? Youre so pale!





Since this morning it had spread up to his shoulder and his skin on the rest of his body had token on a purplish gray appearance.





Bolma jumped out of her seat and went over to him. Vegeta, you look horrible! I think somethings really wrong with you! Thats it, med lab, now! She pulled him to his feet with his good arm and guided him through the ship.





Why dont you take care of him and me and Gohanll get the last three balls. Bolma frowned. Im serious Bolma, well be careful and get back before you know it.





I dont need a buncha&kids&. doing my job& Vegeta wheezed, trying to get up off of the table Bolma had set him on.





Go you two, and hurry!





_--_--_--_---_-_-_----_--_------_---_---__--_--_-_--__-__--_-__-_--__--__--__--__--_--__-_











Theres one on radar! Videl said with a smile. They flew towards it and landed in front of another con-caved mass of land. What is it? Videl asked, staring down into the pit stories below them. The bottom was covered in something jade green and moving with a faint hiss.





SS-nnakes! Gohan said, eyes wide. How are we supposed to get it out of there?





Watch and learn. Videl said with a smile. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a capsule contained and after careful consideration tossed two in. Fly up.





Whatd you-





Ones a laddered and the others water. The snakes will climb up the ladder and out of the hole to escape drowning.





Gohan frowned. Brilliant idea, theres just one problem.





Oh yea, whats that?





Your lovely snakes down there are swimming.





Huh? She looked down. It was true. Well whatever. She said airily. It was worth a shot. You got any ideas?





You dont by any chance have a giant ladle in your pocket do you?





No-Hey wait, I got it!





A giant ladle?





No silly, a butterfly net!





You gotta giant butterefly net in your pocket?





Yep. She looked through her capsules, Hear it is!





Cool! They begin scooping out the snakes and placing them far away.





Bolma had been sitting with Vegeta and trying what ever she could but finally after hours and hour of no results she had used up every idea she could think of. Now she was sitting next to him and listening as his breathing grew shallower and his skin all turned grayish purple. Vegeta. She said, tears rolling down her face. Come on baby, your strong, you can fight this.





He opened his eyes painfully slow. bolma.





Yes, yes its me, now hold on, youll be ok. She was sobbing in full as his heart monitor flat lined and she stood up placing the paddles against his chest. Common Vegeta! she wisped as she turned on the electricity.





Beep&beep&beep&his heart &im&sorry& Vegeta whispered, flat lining again and this time nothing she could do brought him back.

















Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment