Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Accident

Robin gets hurt again in this story, and once again, he may live or die. What will happen? Rob/Star fanfic

Chapter 1 - The Accident

Chapter 1 - The Accident
I can’t remember that much before it happened. It had just been another fight. I watched my team in contented silence as they beat up those criminals. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Starfire get hit by a bomb. Starfire… Just thinking of her sends chills down my spine. I could never, ever tell her just how much of a love I have for her. When I saw her get hit, as an instinct, I ran across the road to help her get up on her feet again. I did not happen to see the semi at my right side. I saw her eyes get huge, and I heard her scream my name in a horrible shriek. Confused, I stopped in the middle of the road. I heard a noise to my right, and as I turned my head, the full impact of the vehicle struck me on my head first. In less than a millisecond, I was out. Even if I was unconscious, I still heard and felt everything that was going on. I heard a screech of tires and felt my head hit the ground. Luckily, I wasn’t ran over, just hit. I heard Starfire yell my name again, and felt her soft hands hold me against her. I felt her tears and her anguish. Never in my life have I felt someone’s feelings. I wanted to cry; to tell her how sorry I was for being such a stupid idiot. I felt her kiss my cheek in a desperate attempt to heal me. My mind was healed, but my body wasn’t. I heard Raven come and try to heal my wounds on my head. "Starfire… I healed the wounds, but he is in a coma. There is not anything I can do now." Raven said softly. "Please… let us bring him home." I heard the trembling emotion in Starfire’s heart-broken voice. Instead of Starfire flying me home in her arms, I was put in Cyborg’s car. My head was placed in Starfire’s lap, and she held me and stroked my hair softly. My mind screamed, wanting to communicate with the girl I loved, but communication was futile for me. When we got back at the tower, I was placed in my bed. Starfire sat next to me, still holding my hand. She stroked my hair again, and I cried inside at my broken body. Then, there was an eerie silence that filled my whole body. I then dreamt horrible dreams; dreams that I could never wake up from and tell myself that it was okay. In my unconscious state, I lived a lot of my worst nightmares. I screamed inside from the horrible nightmares, and I simply wanted to wake up and feel Starfire… My Starfire… holding me in her beautiful arms, telling me that I would be okay. That wouldn’t happen for a very long time. Once in a while, I vaguely felt someone spoon feeding me jello, I presumed. Every so often, I felt some cold water touch my parched lips. I longed to break out of that helpless state, but there was nothing I had the ability to do. To my dismay, I found that I had to wet myself in excretion. That was the thing I despised the most. I knew it was Starfire whom was caring for me. I knew when Raven checked on me with her cold hands, but I knew when it was Starfire just as well. I never knew just how long it was that I was in a coma. Even if I was conscious of my surroundings, time still flew like I was asleep. During that time, life for me, was a dream. Never real, never fake, never anything. Sometimes, I heard Starfire talking to me in a quiet voice, telling me that when I wake up, we would go to the fair and have fun. Only once in that whole entire time did I hear her speak the words I had been hoping for. I could tell it was raining by the pitter patter on the roof of my room. I heard a door swish open, and by the sound of the boots hitting the floor, and the swish of hair, I knew it was Starfire. I felt her hold my hand like the night we were at the fair, watching the fireworks. I watched the brightly lit sky, mesmerized by its charm. Even fireworks could never distract me from the beautiful hand that grasped mine. In surprise I looked down, wondering if it was really happening. I looked into her deep, emerald eyes. I saw them sparkle in that lovestruck look, for I knew, even then, that it was Starfire’s look of love. Our hands remained in that embrace for a long time that night as we watched the beautiful lights illuminate the darkened sky. I came back to reality, and I heard her say those wonderful words. "Robin… I just want you to wake up. It is getting close to the fourth day of the month July. I want us to ride the wheel of Ferris and hold hands again, like last year. Robin… that night… I held your hand because I loved you. I still do… much more than before. I have been told that when you do love someone, you never know until they are gone or close to it. That is entirely true to me Robin. I loved you, but I never knew how much until now. Please Robin… I want you to be here with me. I can not be in this world without you." I felt her squeeze my hand, and seconds after that, I felt my muscles in that hand tighten; I squeezed her hand right back. I communicated! I heard her gasp, and she told me that if I could hear her, squeeze her hand again. I did. I have never in my life heard Starfire… my Starfire… that happy. After she walked out of the room to tell Raven I presume, I felt my eyes open. I blinked slowly, squinting at the room, for it seemed bright even on a rainy day. Raven walked in, her eyes growing big as she saw that I was no longer unconscious. She asked me if I could move anything. I made sure I could; feeling the muscles tighten in both hands, moving my legs, and moving my arms back and fourth. Starfire was crying, and I reached up to wipe her tears. I saw Raven smile, very much unlike her, as she walked out of the dimly lit room. The mattrice on my bed squeaked slightly as Starfire sat on the edge. I held her hand again, hoping to feel that love in her embrace again. I did. "Star…" I whispered. "I heard everything that you said a second ago." She looked at me embarrassed, her cheeks turning a firey red. "I… did not exactly want you to hear that. It… was kind of a secret." She said. "Star… you will never know how long I have been praying for you to say those words." I said, feeling my voice break in emotion. "Really? You… truly do feel the same way?" "Yeah Star."I watched her smile at me as my heart melted with a love so powerful, I knew nothing could break it. "Star… what if I am still in a coma… and this is a dream?" "Then you are having a wonderful dream." "If I have more of these… then let me live another nightmare." She looked at me, wondering why I would say such a thing. "Robin… why do you want to live a nightmare?" She asked me. "Because Star… with you being in my dreams… not one nightmare of mine could ever distract me from our love for each other." Starfire’s eyes welled up with tears, and she lay down next to me. I held the girl I loved in my arms as we held hands. "Robin?" "Yeah?" "I love you." "Star… I love you too." I felt tears come to my eyes as she said the words over and over again.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Princess_Starfire0907 on March 10, 2006, 5:23:35 PM

Princess_Starfire0907 on
Princess_Starfire0907This is so awesome! But Raven/Robin stories? NO!!! Raven has BB and Robin is a perfect match for Starfire. You should make another chappie. Keep it up!

TeenAvaGo_1 on November 15, 2005, 3:59:30 AM

TeenAvaGo_1 on
TeenAvaGo_1Very nice! Make sequals!
Only thing is that you should make Robin/Raven stories.
You should also mention Robin's history. Robin and Raven should have a talk.