Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - the winds of change part 1

It's the most wonderful time of the year... or is it?...christmas in not the only thing lurking around the corner, as inu and his mate, kag, will learn. Their new foe has many gifts for them, all wrapped in silver bows.

Chapter 1 - the winds of change part 1

Chapter 1 - the winds of change part 1
Kagome barged into the small, shabby apartment, wrapped in a thick coat that she didn't bother to take off.

"It's freezing in here!" she complained to Sango, who was relaxing on the couch with a fashion magazine, dressed in a feather parka.

"It's your fault," the other 'girl' retorted lightly, reaching over to the coffee table and taking a sip of her cocoa. "It's your room they're adding on. Don't worry, they should have the glass on the windows in the next half hour."

"I don't think I can WAIT a half hour!" Kagome muttered through chattering teeth. "It's no warmer out there then it is in here!"

"Sorry, Kag-chan."

Kagome sighed and looked out the window, where a heavy blanket of snow was slowly covering downtown Tokyo. "This'll make the full moon a hassle. . ."

"It always * is * a hassle," Sango growled to herself, turning the page to her magazine so forcefully she ripped it. "I love it as much as the next werewolf, but by the goddess is it a pain in the @$$ to drive to that park!"

"I hear ya. . ." the ebony hared teen sighed. "It's almost as big of a pain in the @$$ as the LACK OF WARMTH IN THIS ROOM!"

"You're just not gonna give that up, are you?" Sango laughed softly as Kagome rubbed her arms for heat.

"Not until I'm warm. Damn, maybe I should just sleep in Inu-Yasha's room for the rest of my life," she sighed as she yanked a thick quilt over herself. "Wouldn't have to be bothered by no heat in the middle of December. . ."

"I'm sure he would have no complaints," the brown hared girl snickered. "By the way- you two having fun in there?"

Her laughter came to an abrupt halt as Kagome chucked a pillow into her face.

"Shut up, San-chan! I told you- we don't even share a bed!" she cried, her cheeks turning a rosy shade of pink-

And this time it wasn't from the cold.

"Uh huh," Sango drawled dryly, giving her a knowing look.

"I'm telling the truth!" Kagome insisted.

"Kag, my nose is perfectly fine. I can smell that you're mates," the older werewolf said pointedly, looking at her friend from over the rim of her hot chocolate.

"Yeah, well. . . that wasn't in his room!" the black hared 'girl' muttered darkly, her pink tinged cheeks flushing dark red. "But as we brush upon the subject of love and mating- how's YOUR potential mate?"

Kagome smirked in triumph as her friend's superior gaze faltered and * her * cheeks flamed.

"Nothing's going on between me and Miroku! We're just really close."

"Close enough to hug. . . to kiss. . . to make l-."

"He's just a friend!"

"Do you enjoy making out with ALL your friends?" Kagome asked in amusement, her eyebrows raising as she jokingly began to scoot away.

She laughed as Sango chucked the pillow back at her.

"Shut up!" the brown hared teen giggled, sending both girls into fits of laughter.

"Okay! Your windows are all set in," a werewolf named Hiten proclaimed as he walked proudly out of Kagome's to-be-room, jotting down some notes on a clipboard. "And if you ever need my brother and my services again, don't hesitate to call the Thunder Brother's."

"With a name like that," Kagome commented as Hiten handed them the bill, "you'd think you'd be dealing with lightning rods or something to do with. . . well, thunder."

"We did for a while," Hiten shrugged. "But one time my brother got hurt in a shock wave. Lost all his hair, and never grew it back."

From his place in the doorway, reminded of his lost hair, Maten- the other brother- burst into uncontrollable sobs, dropping his toolbox with a loud bang. "My HA-A-A-A-A-AIR!" he screamed in angst, throwing a hammer towards the living room windows- which Sango caught just in time.

"Oh gods," the elder brother groaned. "What have I started?"

"A really long day?" Sango suggested as Hiten dragged his little brother out of the apartment by the collar.

"Looks it. Have a good day," he sighed as he closed the door behind him.

"Sango!" Kagome cried as she happily leapt to her feet. "I'm beginning to feel heat again!"

"I'm happy for you," her friend drawled, fiddling with her newly acquired hammer.

"My blue feet are slowly donning a color I recognize!"

"I'm thrilled for you."

"My running nose as stopped it's race!"

"I'm ecstatic."

"What's your problem?" the ebony hared girl asked as she looked down at her sarcastic friend. "Aren't you happy about the warmth?"

"Yeah. . . I was just thinking about how Inu-Yasha's gonna be actin' like Maten when you leave his room for your own. I can see him now: My KAG-O-O-O- O-OME!"

"My Kagome what?" Inu-Yasha asked, slamming the front door behind him as he and Miroku entered the room. "Christ, it's like the Arctic in here!"

"Maybe they're Arctic wolves and didn't tell us?" the black hared male joked as he pealed off a scarf.

"The Thunder Brother's just finished the windows to my room," Kagome smiled gleefully, moving to meet her other friends. "Soon it'll be warm in here again, and by Christmas my room will be all ready for me!"

"But I'll miss you!" the silver hared half wolf pouted, his ears drooping.

"It starts already," Sango rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, Sango," Inu growled as he wrapped his arms possessively around his mate's middle.

"Make me."

"You know you'll just miss sneaking into Miroku's room at night 'without getting caught'," he smirked, pleased at the embarrassed blush he was able to get out of his female friend. "You think I couldn't hear you two?"

"The idea was for you not to hear," the perverted male shrugged, sitting next to Sango and placing his arm around her shoulder. "But at least it's not a secret from them any longer!"

"I wasn't aware it was ever supposed to BE a secret," Kagome whispered to Inu-Yasha in slight surprise, smiling softly as Sango whammed Miroku over the head for groping her breast.

Her koi* chuckled and kissed her neck, sending shivers of pleasure down her spine as she sighed in content.

Ever since she had become a werewolf, life seemed new, fresh-

Better.

Kagome felt as if a missing part of her had been found.

And perhaps she had literally found that missing part in Inu-Yasha.

But whatever change she owed her feelings to- her physical changes, her emotional changes, her changes in home-

She had never been happier in her life.

And that was something she hoped * didn't * change.

*

But change is inevitable, be it good or bad.

Like the wind, change blows through and mixes things up- bringing them closer together or pushing them far apart.

Sometimes these winds of change even bring in new things.

Or people.

So is the case of the new teen in town.

Barging into his new, dank, dreary apartment with a loud bang of the door, a tall, dark clad man walked out from the shadows of the hall and into the soft moonlight pouring from the cracked window.

"Bring in my things, Kagura, Kanna," he commanded, never once turning to look at the two girls that stood behind him.

"Yes, Naraku," the dark hared girl, Kagura, grumbled, turning around and doing as she and her silent sibling were told.

Naraku smiled mysteriously as he took a step closer to the window, basking in the soft, silvery glow of the moon.

"Soon, I'll find you, Inu-Yasha. . ." he chuckled to himself, pressing his hand against the cold glass. "You and your clan, too. . ."

~*~

Okay! End of chapter one.

Yes, yes, very short, I know!

I already said I was sorry- I'll try to update soon!

And for those who remember- yes, Naraku WAS mentioned in Blood and Chocolate, I did not forget, so please don't start accusing that I did when I really jump into the plot, okay?

Thank you! ^_^

Anyway, please R&R!

Ja ne!

*Koi- 'love'. Koishii means 'beloved'. ^_^ I'm Inu-Yasha's koishii!

Inu-Yasha: >< No you're not! KAGOME is my koishii!

Kagome: -^.^-

Maiden of the Moon: ^_^ I know, only kidding, Inu-chan.

Inu-Yasha: ::eye twitch::

Kagome: ::rubs his ears:: It's okay, koi. . .

Kikyo: ::bangs in, wearing a very frilly, lacy, pink nightgown:: NOOO! Inu- Yasha is MY KOI!

Kagome: Screw you. ::flips Kikyo off and pulls Inu-Yasha into their closet::

Kikyo: o_O

Maiden of the Moon: ::knocks Kikyo out with the rock bass (type of fish) her brother brought back from fishing:: Die.

Kikyo: x_X

Maiden of the Moon: Buh bye! ^_~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment