Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - mirror! Mirror!

It's the most wonderful time of the year... or is it?...christmas in not the only thing lurking around the corner, as inu and his mate, kag, will learn. Their new foe has many gifts for them, all wrapped in silver bows.

Chapter 5 - mirror! Mirror!

Chapter 5 - mirror! Mirror!
Inu-Yasha led the group of silent wolves into the dark, dingy bar.

The inside was almost worse then the outside.

The lamps continually flickered, bathing the building in soft, grungy light. The small shack was decorated with old, rickety poker tables and chairs, old darts and dartboards falling off the wooden walls. The bar itself was made of rotting oak, with a silent, black haired teenager wearing a name tag with 'Nazuna' on it, wiping out dingy glasses behind the counter; not paying attention to the small gang of leather-clad 'people' in the corner.

Their noses intoxicated by and unable to smell anything but the strong scent of smoke and alcohol, Inu's pack gingerly made their way to the foreign wolves.

"You the Oda clan?" Kouga grunted, sliding into the seat next to the biggest 'man' there. Roughly the size of an elephant, the man was, like his friends, bedecked in leather. He wore an eyepatch over his dark, left eye, and his gray hair was pulled back into a small ponytail.

"Yeah," the man replied slowly, taking a swig from his tankard. "What ya wanna make of it?"

"We don't mean any harm," the black haired pack leader responded. "We just want some information."

"Ho?" What about?" the man drawled, taking another gulp of his drink.

Kouga took a long, deep breath, ready to try and sugar coat their story again.

Inu-Yasha was fed up.

"Look," he snarled, pushing Kouga out of his chair and glaring at the man as he sat down. "What do you know about a wolf named Naraku?"

The leather clad wolves glanced at one another before looking back to their leader.

"We know nothin' of a wolf named Naraku. . ." the man said slowly, pushing his glass aside and crossing his arms on the table.

"Damn it!" Inu hissed, banging his fist on the table as his clan glanced warily at one another.

"But we do know of a MAN named Naraku. . ." he continued, causing everyone around the small table to silence themselves.

Inu-Yasha, his fist halfway down to banging the table again, stopped, gazing with wide eyes at the old wolf.

*

A silent, white haired girl, her hair adorned with identical flowers, walked into the bar, her footsteps so soft that not even the wolves in the corner heard her.

Padding up behind Nazuna, the girl grabbed a glistening knife from under the counter, clasped her hand over the bartender's startled mouth, and jammed the sharp weapon into her back.

The albino teen mentally smiled as she felt the knife connect with the black haired girl's spine, causing it to splinter under pressure and paralyze her. Sending a jolt of unsurpassable, unexpressionable pain through the dying bartender, she fell silently to the floor, blood seeping through the wound in her opened back.

Ripping the bloody knife from the Nazuna's body, the white haired teen noticed the female was still gasping for breath.

'Hm. I'll let her die slowly,' the expressionless female thought, flipping the bartender over and slowly slitting her wrists, causing more red liquid to spurt out of her, drenching the floor in warm blood.

Her task finished, the albino girl's attention was sparked as she heard someone say:

"But we do know of a MAN named Naraku. . ."

*

". . .Man?"

"Yes," the man nodded, his voice hoarse as he took another gulp of his beer. "And not just a man. . . but a hunter."

"A. . . hunter?" Kouga asked slowly, still sitting on the floor.

The second leader nodded. "One of the only werewolf hunters left. . ."

"Werewolf hunters?!" Inu-Yasha hissed in shock, leaning closer to the man to hear every word through his black leather cap.

What the hell was Kikyo doing going out with a werewolf hunter?!

"Yep. Made a fortune a time back after killin' some silver wolf. Banished werewolf, musta been."

All eyes turned to Inu, who'd felt his blood freeze.

"Believers in the werewolf paid him big time for the pelt of the canine, and he's been searchin' for more werewolves ever since."

". . . Do you know where he is now?" Kaede asked slowly.

"Nope," the man grunted, taking a swig from his almost empty glass. "But he's probably out there somewhere, lookin' for more wolves. . . He's a dangerous one, that Naraku. It's most tribe's ignorance that's gonna get 'em killed. But not us," he continued, indicating his pack. "Nope. We've known 'bout him for a while, and we're gonna stay safe that way. He's got a silver touch, he has. And we're gonna avoid it."

The wolves behind him all nodded, raising their glasses as if to toast their leader.

A moment of silence passed over the wolves as half of them took deep gulps from their tankards, and the other half starred blankly at Inu-Yasha.

". . .Let's go," Inu finally muttered, standing up and wiping off his leather pants, causing the metal chain around his waist to jingle, and- unnoticed by him- fall off.

Nodding to the leather clad wolves and muttering silent thanks, the pack trouped out to the cars, the silver haired half wolf playing with the sleeve of his black turtleneck.

As they left the bar he could feel the hairs on the back of his neck prickle, and it wasn't from the cold.

*

The pack was about to drive away when Inu suddenly stopped and hopped out of the car.

"My belt chain fell off!" he called to the confused Kouga, who made a frustrated noise and exited his car as well.

"What?!" the black haired wolf cried in exasperation as he caught up wit the half werewolf. "You're making us stop for THAT?!"

"It was expensive!"

"Damn it, Inu-Yasha!" the leader bellowed as the two re-entered the bar. "Can't you just buy a . . . new . . . one . . ."

His voice trailed off as the two looked in wide-eyed shock at the scene before them.

The already disgusting bar was a mess.

All the tables were overturned, the dartboards shattered on the floor. Glasses and tankards full of beer were broken, spilling their contents onto the floor and mixing with slowly running blood.

Blood from the leather clad wolves.

All of them were dead.

They were strewn around the room like toy dolls, lifeless, pale and cold. Their bodies were pierced with shards of mirrors; big shards, small shards, all sparkling in the dim light like crystal knives, reflecting the blood on the floor, and their dead friends around them.

"By the goddess. . ." Kouga whispered, kneeling next to one of the bodies and examining a long, splintered piece of mirror; a drop of blood running down the looking glass and leaving a red trail in it's wake. "These are all from silver gilded mirrors. . ."

Looking into one of the pieces of broken looking glass he shook his head. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the deadest of them all?"

"Him," Inu-Yasha pointed to the wolf in front of him.

The silver haired wolf was in the far corner, where the Oda pack leader was.

He was, most definitely, the deadest of them all.

Pinned to the wall with the dull, rusty darts from the dart board games, he looked as if he had been crucified; his hands and feet's bloody skin and muscle slowly being torn farther and farther open with small, sickening 'riiip's as his dead weight pulled him towards the floor, but the darts commanded he stay there.

But that he hadn't just been 'crucified'.

No.

Instead of just hanging, he had been split and pealed open from his neck to his abdomen with a sharp piece of silver gilded mirror- which now lay, bloody and cold, on the floor next to his warm, still moving internal organs. Stomach, spleen, lungs, heart, and more-

They were all there.

Holding his nose against the stench of blood and alcohol, Inu noticed that, into the pack leader's now empty body cavity, his belt chain had been shoved. Shoved up through the Oda pack leader's remaining intestines and esophagus, and was now protruding from his mouth.

"You're right, Kouga. . ." Inu-Yasha whispered. "I'll just buy a new one. . ."

Taking a small step back, he could feel his feet shatter more pieces of blood covered glass.

"Let's go," he finally muttered in soft disgust. "Before whoever did this comes back."

The pack leader nodded once, unable to find his voice amongst the pile of bodies.

And so they turned and left, the bloody, broken looking glasses still shimmering in the dull light as they went.

They say that if you break a mirror, you experience seven years of bad luck.

This is untrue.

The only ones that were going to experience bad luck-

Were the werewolves.

* ((WARNING! LIME STARTS NOW! I REPEAT: HEAVY LIME STARTS NOW!))

"Inu-Yasha?" a soft voice called through the darkness.

Inu glanced over at Kagome, who was lying on her side on the bed and looking down at him on his mattress with concern filled eyes.

It was nighttime now. Inu-Yasha and Kouga had decided not to tell anyone what they had seen in the bar. Instead, they just reported that Naraku was a hunter and not to be trifled with.

That alone frightened the pack.

"Yeah?" he grunted, watching his mate from the corner of his eye.

"Why aren't you asleep?" she whispered.

"Why aren't you?"

"Because you aren't."

The male chuckled softly. "Like a cycle, isn't it?"

Kag smiled softly before frowning again. "Koi, what's the matter?"

The silver haired wolf sighed but didn't answer, rolling over so his back faced Kagome.

"Inu-Yasha? Inu-chan, talk to me."

He didn't.

She sighed in frustration as she rolled over to face the wall.

He could be so annoying at times!

Why couldn't he ever share his feelings? His emotions? Why did he have to keep them all bottled up-

"I'm scared," a quiet voice finally murmured into the silence.

Kagome whirled around in her bed to look at Inu-Yasha, who on his mattress, had turned to look at her again, too.

". . .Excuse me?"

"I'm scared, okay?! I'm scared of the people I care about being killed, like. . ." his voice trailed off momentarily, his eyes filling with pain before shaking his head and glaring at his love. "I'm scared that our clan will get hurt. I'm scared YOU'LL get hurt! I love you too much to have anything happen to you!"

Kagome watched him silently as he pulled his comforter to his chin; his eyes adverted to the window.

There was a moment of heavy silence.

"Come here. . ." the 'girl' finally whispered, scooting over in bed and raising the blanket so Inu-Yasha could join her.

His drooping ears perked as he glanced over at her.

"You heard me, get in here," she laughed softly, smiling as he crawled slowly into the bed like a frightened puppy.

Cuddling into his bare chest, Kag grinned into his skin. "Don't worry, Inu- Yasha," she murmured, wrapping her arms around his muscular body. "Everything will be okay. . ."

"How can you be so sure?" he asked softly as she looked into his eyes.

"Because we've got you to protect us," she smiled filling his worried heart with love as she tapped him on the nose and captured his lips in a gentle embrace.

Yet the sweet kiss very quickly became heated and hungry as Kagome pressed herself as close as she could to her mate, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Snaking his arms around her middle, Inu smiled as he straddled his koi, their lips still locked in a passion, their tongues battling for dominance.

"You're such a playfully puppy tonight, for being so depressed," Kagome giggled breathlessly as they broke their kiss for air, lazily raising her hand and caressing his velvety ears.

With a whining moan of pleasure, the half wolf nuzzled into the touch before claiming Kagome's neck, trailing warm, sweet kisses down to her shoulder, where he was stopped by her nightgown strap.

He whimpered slightly as she giggled, her intoxicating scent of tiger lilies driving him insane.

"Silly puppy," she reprimanded while smiling. Pushing him gently off of her, she slid the nightdress off her body, leaving her only in her bra and panties.

He smirked as she lay back down, nodding for him to continue.

Pouncing on his mate and continuing to cover her in kisses from her toes to her head, Kagome took a moment to even the odds and rid Inu-Yasha of his pajama pants, leaving him in a pair of red boxers.

"I love you so much, koishii. . ." Inu whispered huskily as he reached her ear and nibbled gently on it, sending chills of pleasure down Kag's spine.

"I love you too," she replied, wrapping her arms around him and locking their lips in a heated kiss, allowing their tongues to resume their dance as she pushed him against the bed, their legs becoming tangled in sheets.

Kagome smiled into the kiss as she felt her love's hands fumble with the straps of her bra. "So impatient, Inu-chan. . ." she giggled softly into his ears, slowly grabbing his hands and pulling them away from her back. "Allow me, before you snap my favorite underwear. . ."

"What are you doing, wearing it to bed, anyway?" Inu-Yasha asked, as his mate discarded of her bra in a tantalizingly slow fashion.

She shrugged, her ebony hair spilling over her ivory skin, which was glowing in the light from the thinnest of crescent moons. "Dunno. I always like to wear one in case there was a fire or something. . . Better safe then sorry."

"But you're not wearing one now," he smirked mischievously, trying not to drool.

She grinned back, leaning forward so their noses were touching. "Yes, well- right now I'd be sorrier if I didn't."

Capturing her lips once more as they rolled on the bed, their legs and hair tangled, Inu-Yasha broke the embrace a moment later, much to Kagome's confusion.

"Hey," he grinned. "If you can live without your bra. . . why not your panties?"

She giggled and blushed softly, running her hands up and down her mate's toned body, causing him to moan in pleasure. "Only if you can live without your boxers."

He chuckled and pounced on her once again. "Deal."

*

In Miroku's bedroom, Sango cracked an eye open, moving the blankets of her koi's bed to cover her bare chest.

'What's that smell?' she thought goggily as she cuddled into Miroku's arms.

The heavy scent of mating drifted through the apartment, seeping into every room of the house.

As she realized what was going on, the brown haired werewolf smirked slightly and rolled over, closing her eyes again.

Looks like everyone got some tonight.

~*~

Wow! That was the lime-y-est thing I have EVER written!

I hope you all liked it. . .

Gore and mating. . .

What a combo.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment