Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - First encounter

It's the most wonderful time of the year... or is it?...christmas in not the only thing lurking around the corner, as inu and his mate, kag, will learn. Their new foe has many gifts for them, all wrapped in silver bows.

Chapter 7 - First encounter

Chapter 7 - First encounter
~*~

Inu-Yasha stared moodily out the living room window, his knees pulled to his chin and his ebony hair tumbling around him.

'Curse the new moon,' he thought in annoyance, his lavender eyes absorbing the moonless sky. Stars tried their best to brighten the night, but their glow was dim in comparison to the city lights.

'Curse my human blood, too. Curse the fact that I'm *half*,' he grumbled. 'A freak. . . I can't think of anything good about being human for a night. . .'

But little did he know. . .

He was going to soon.

*

Kouga's ears perked as he sat in his bedroom on the bottom floor.

Was that the front door of the building opening?

'Just some wolves coming back from shopping,' he thought firmly, mentally reprimanding himself for being so jumpy.

Sighing and leaning back on his red quilt, he looked around his room, which was covered in books and odd whirling contraptions that he liked to watch when he was bored. He picked up a glass of water from his bedside table and took a sip of it, grabbing a gold embossed volume from the shelf and opening it, ignoring the way the hairs on the back of his neck seemed to be prickling.

Turning a page softly, he heard a soft slam.

Narrowing his eyes he looked up.

It was the front door again. . .

Only it was the door to his apartment, not the building.

"What the hell-?" he hissed to himself, preparing to stand and follow the unrecognizable stench of a new being in his lair.

But before he could move, his bedroom door opened, reviling a woman he had never seen before.

She smirked at him, her cherry red lips parting slightly.

"So you're Kouga?" she murmured, closing the door behind her and walking slowly towards him, emphasizing every movement of her body as she tapped her blood colored nails to her chin. "Here I thought you would be an ugly old man. . .you're not bad. . ."

"Wh- who the hell are you?" he stuttered, scooting away from the woman until his back was pressed flat against his headboard.

"My name isn't important," the girl whispered seducingly, crawling up on the bed next to him and loosening her hair- which had been up in a complex sort of bun-like pony-tail; allowing it to cascade down a little past her shoulder blades.

"What the frack are you doing here?!" he tried again, attempting to scoot away once more.

"Ironic choice of wording. . ." she grinned, grabbing a lock of his hair and lazily twirling it around her finger, her maroon eyes glittering softly in the dim light. "I'm here to frack you, actually. Aren't you lonely, by yourself?"

"I have Kagome. . ." he choked out trying to keep his mind clear as his world reduced to his room and the woman in front of him, whose scent of pine and cinnamon was slowly intoxicating him.

"Mm," the woman drawled, laying on her side and resting her head in her hands, her loose blouse slipping down her shoulder and loudly proclaiming her lack of underthings. "Haven't you given up on her yet?" she asked disappointedly, running a finger up and down her inner thighs, which were being shown off by her incredibly short skirt.

"Yes- I mean- no- I mean. . . what was the question?" he asked stupidly, his eyes locked on her moving hand.

She chuckled as she knelt in front of him, slowly unbuttoning his shirt as his mind and senses almost literally turned off.

"That's what I like to hear. . ." she whispered before leaning into him and locking their lips in a deep kiss.

*

Inu-Yasha started as a soft knocking echoed through the apartment.

'Who the hell could that be?' he thought curiously, slowly edging his way to the door, wishing her could still smell scents.

He lingered momentarily in the foyer, unsure of whether or not to answer.

The person knocked again.

Oh, hell.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," the ebony haired teen growled, throwing the door open.

His lavender eyes fell upon a boy around his age, wavy black hair cascading down his leather clad body and punk-like silver jewelry.

And even without his dog-like senses, Inu could tell who he was.

Naraku.

*

Naraku's eyes narrowed slightly.

This boy didn't look like the silver wolf he had killed so long ago. . .

He looked purely human.

Perhaps Inu-Yasha had moved to a different room, or Kikyo had lied about the one he resided in?

Maybe he had just moved and Kikyo hadn't told him.

It had been a while since they'd talked.

But maybe he was all he seemed; a human.

Another wolf hunter, perhaps, trying to get inside information?

"Hello. . ." the boy said slowly, his eyes cold. "And who the hell are you?"

Naraku chuckled darkly. "No beating around the bush for you, eh?"

"Cut the shoot and just tell me who you are."

The punk like teen smirked. "Tell me your's first."

"Look, asshole," the lavender eyed male glared. "You're the one that's knockin' on my door and intruding in my privacy. Why the hell should I answer? Tell me about you first."

"Fair enough," the second man nodded. "Very well. You want information? I'll give you some."

*

"But before I say anything," Naraku smiled, taking off a silver earring. "I want you to hold this."

Inu-Yasha raised an eyebrow, trying to act dense. "Why?"

"Just do it," the man glared, slapping the piece of jewelry into Inu's palm.

The half-wolf inwardly smirked.

So there was a good thing about turning human. . .

"Hmm. . ." Naraku murmured, grabbing the earring back and examining Inu- Yasha's palm.

There were no injuries. . .

"Very well," he finally announced, putting the jewelry back on as the lavender eyed boy leaned casually against the door frame. "I'll tell you a little about myself."

Inu raised an eyebrow and waited, keeping his face calm and cool as his insides squirming in nervous excitement.

"My name is Naraku. I am a werewolf hunter." 'No problem in being blunt, this idiot won't believe me anyway.'

'So I was right.' "Werewolf hunter? Are you insane? There is no such thing," the half wolf scoffed.

Naraku's smirk widened. "Oh, but there is, my friend."

"How do you know?" Inu-Yasha sneered.

"Because I-" he began, but cut himself off.

After a moment he began again, but it sounded as if he had changed his answer. "Because I have killed one before."

"Ho? And how did you know it was a werewolf and not a real one?"

"For starters," the hunter hissed, irritated at the teen's tone. "It was a full moon."

"Coincidence."

"Second, the creature's silver coat."

"Hmph."

"And third- well, let's just say I know my way around wolves," he finished coolly. "But by the way- I wasn't the only one to think it was a werewolf."

"No?" Inu replied, an eyebrow arched.

"No. In fact, I had many believers wanting to buy the creature's pelt. I was paid well for him. But alas, time has passed and I have run out of money. Ergo, I need to kill more wolves and- well, I know a few people who can help me find them. And him."

"Him?"

"Well, though I'd like to take down a pack of the beings, I do have my sights set on one *specific* wolf," Naraku smirked, patting his pistol.

Inu-Yasha eyed the gun briefly before glaring at the man in front of him.

"And what are you doing *here*?"

"I must have mistaken your apartment for a friend of mine's," he replied calmly, moving the revolver from view. "I apologize for interrupting you and whatever you happened to be doing."

With a small bow and a final smirk, the hunter walked down the hall way and disappeared down the steps, leaving Inu-Yasha alone with his thoughts.

So they had finally met. . .

But Inu knew, even as he turned to enter the apartment once more, that wouldn't be their last encounter.

Damn.

*

Kagura sat on the edge of Kouga's bed, quickly and quietly dressing as the pack leader slept, still naked under the comforter.

Whipping out a fan and cooling herself off, the maroon eyed girl smirked and blew Kouga a silent kiss.

'Later, love,' she sneered before silently exiting the apartment, disappearing into the shadows of the night.

Her job was done, and- if all had gone well- so had Naraku's.

And it was only 8.

At this rate, this shootty job would be soon over and she would be free to leave her stupid father and start her own life.

"Ready to go?" called a voice through the darkness, cold, winter night; startling Kagura from her thoughts.

"Yes," she glared, her eyes flashing. "And don't scare me like that."

"Quit whining and get into the car," Naraku commanded.

Shooting a glare at the man, she crawled into the passenger seat.

After a few moments of silence, the female finally asked the question which had been nagging at the back of her mind.

"So did you kill him?"

"No. He wasn't there," the punk-like man replied calmly, though his eyes glittered in annoyance.

Kagura mentally sighed, flicking the radio on.

It was looking like she was going to be stuck for a long time. . .

~*~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment