Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Mood swings

It's the most wonderful time of the year... or is it?...christmas in not the only thing lurking around the corner, as inu and his mate, kag, will learn. Their new foe has many gifts for them, all wrapped in silver bows.

Chapter 10 - Mood swings

Chapter 10 - Mood swings
~*~

Inu-Yasha blinked groggily as Kagome bolted out of their bedroom, her bath- robbed figure outlined by gray, early morning light.

"'Gome. . .?" he grunted sleepily. "You okay. . .?"

"Fine!" she called quickly back, her voice echoing slightly- proclaiming that she had run into the bathroom. "Go back to sleep!"

"You sur-?"

"I SAID GO BACK TO SLEEP!"

The half-wolf blinked curiously.

He was concerned, but not suicidal.

So Inu did as he was told- and in a moment was out like a light.

*

Kagome knelt, panting slightly, with her head over the toilet; her tummy churning uncomfortably as sweat dripped down her brow and her pjs hung loosely off her shoulders.

"Ulp," she gurgled inaudibly before expelling the contents of her stomach into the bowl. 'Ugh. . . disgusting. . .'

Wiping her face on a near-by towel as she finished, the teen flushed the toilet and put down the lid, sitting on it and closing her eyes, willing her tummy to calm down.

After a few moments she realized with a jolt of annoyance that that wasn't happening.

Sighing and opening her eyes, Kag decided to take a shower and get ready for school.

Might as well, since she was already up.

*

"Kagome?" Sango's groggy voice grunted through the locked door. "Kagome, hurry up!"

"Why?" the ebony haired wolf called testily back, in the middle of drying herself and applying her perfume.

"Because I gotta thr- umph!"

There was the slap of a hand clasping over a mouth which was quickly followed by the unmistakable sound of Sango racing to the kitchen.

Wincing slightly as she heard her friend retch into the sink, Kagome felt a stab of guilt for not moving.

"Sango-chan?" the 'girl' called softly, slowly walking out of the bathroom in her robe and making her way to the kitchen. "San-chan, are you all right?"

"Fine," the sick girl grunted before ducking her head back down and vomiting once more.

"No, you're not," Kag sighed softly, walking up to her friend and pulling her long, dark-brown hair out of her face. "You're throwing up."

"Noooo!" Sango panted as she grabbed a towel and wiped her sweating face, her skin an abnormal shade of white. "I hadn't noticed!"

The younger wolf raised a hand and put it to her friend's hot forehead. "You've got a fever."

"I do not!"

"You do."

"I do not!" elder teen insisted before clamping her hand over her mouth and turning back to the sink again.

Kagome felt her own stomach turn as she watched her friend and tried her best to quell the urge to start throwing up herself.

"What's going on?" Miroku yawned, stepping into the kitchen with half- lidded eyes, in nothing but his boxers and an un-tied bathrobe.

His violet orbs widened as he saw his vomiting mate. "Sango-chan?! What's the matter?"

"I'M THROWING UP, YOU-!"

But the second half of her statement was (thankfully) silenced by more retching.

Miroku, unfazed, waited for his koi's stomach to calm before turning her around and feeling her forehead.

"You've got a fever."

"I do not!" she half-whined, her pale face looking rather clammy.

"You've got the flu. You're staying home," the male said sternly, leaving no room for compromise. "Get back into bed, and I'll bring you something for your stomach."

"I'll bring you a puke-bucket so you don't have to keep running to the sink," Kagome added.

Her two friends gave her an odd look.

"A. . . Puke bucket?" Miroku asked slowly.

"What?! It's what my mama called the tubs we threw up into when me and my brother were sick."

At the thought of her family, Kag's eyes filled with tears.

"I miss my mama. . ." she sniveled.

Sango glared at her mate through illness-glazed eyes. "Look what you did! You made Kagome-chan cry!"

"Wha-?!"

"I miss my mama!" Kagome cried again, breaking into sobs.

"I miss my mama, too!" Sango suddenly began sniffing, crying along with her friend.

As the two screaming females' sobs filled the house, a half-asleep Inu- Yasha came bursting into the now crowded kitchen, looking hurridly for the source of the noise.

"What the hell?!" he snapped as he saw his crying friends. "What'd you do to them, Miroku?!"

"Don't yell at my Miroku!" Sango barked, her tears suddenly dry. "He didn't do anythi-"

But before she could finish, she threw up again- all over Inu-Yasha-

Before fainting.

"Sango-chan!" Kag gasped.

"She's fisty even when sick," Miroku sighed deeply. "It'll be the end of her. . ."

Gently picking up his koi bridal style, he carefully brought her back to his room and shut the door behind him, leaving his two other friends in a state of confused concern.

"That was. . . interesting. . ." Inu-Yasha muttered, blinking in curiosity. "Did I miss something. . .?"

"Poor Sango. . . No, you didn't miss any- hey! I told you to go back to sleep!" Kagome glared, her mood soaring from sad, to normal, to angry in less then one minute. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF BED?!"

"Wha-?! I- I heard so much noise I came to investigat-" Inu began in bewilderment, but was interrupted by his mate, who was poking him painfully in the chest- still screaming.

"WHY DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN TO A THING I SAY?! Don't you trust me. . .?"

Kagome had now made a full emotional circle and had come back to sadness.

And Inu-Yasha had made it to morbidly confused.

"O-of course I trust you!" he stammered as the ebony haired girl buried her face into her hands, stifling a sob. "I love you!"

"Oh. . . Okay, then!" she smiled, sniffling happily and wiping her tears away before grabbing her knapsack off of the counter and shouldering it.

"Hurry up and get ready, Inu-chan," she beamed, back to her cheery old self. "School starts in a half-hour."

Still unsure of what had just happened, the silver-haired teen did as he was told, not wanting to chance another weird mood-swing.

*

Kagome walked happily to her locker that morning, cheerfully contemplating the future events of the day.

But wait. . .

She had three tests!

Damn it!

Sighing, the now depressed Kagome dumped the contents of her backpack into her locker.

Leaning against the metal door, she let out a small sigh.

frack these accursed mood-swings. . .

"A little irritated this morning, are we?" a soft voice asked from beside her ear, making Kag jump.

Spining around in shock, the female gasped in surprise to find herself staring face to face with Naraku, who had sidled up next to her without her noticing.

"Um. . . a little, I guess," she choked out, shutting her locker behind her as the man closed in, causing her to press herself flat back against the wall. "Can I do something for you. . .?"

"Why yes," he murmured sweetly, his voice barely above a whisper. "You can tell me WHAT THE frack YOU ARE!"

With that, he reached out with a snarl and grabbed Kagome's throat, tightening his silver-adorned hands around it and making her squeak in pain.

'No- silver- it hurts. . .' the wolf whimpered, her breaths coming in short gasps.

"Die, werewolf. . ." he hissed, ignoring the crowd that was gathering around them as Kag clawed at his hands. "Die the death you and the rest of your KIND deserve!"

As the ebony haired teen's vision grew foggy, she suddenly saw someone leaping towards Naraku from behind.

"Inu-Yasha. . ." she gasped before fainting.

*

Moaning softly, Sango slowly opened her heavy-lidded eyes.

Gods, she felt like shoot. . .

Damn the flu to hell.

"Ungh. . ." she groaned, trembling under three thick blankets.

"Shhh," Miroku's voice soothed from above her. "Rest."

"Miroku-chan? Why aren't you in school?" the dark brown haired wolf mumbled, unable to find her voice for very long.

"Because you're here. If I went to school, who would be here to take care of you?" he chuckled, smoothing her blankets and placing a cool washcloth on her forehead.

"Why do you want to take of me. . .?" the 'girl' grunted, looking away.

"'Cause you're my mate and I love you," Miroku replied simply, grazing his lips gently against her cheek and causing her to flush. "Now sleep."

She smiled weakly at him and closed her eyes. "Thank you. . ."

"You're welcome," he grinned as she drifted off.

"And Miroku. . .?" Sango yawned.

"Yeah?"

"I love you, too. . ."

*

"Wha-?!" Naraku grunted before feeling himself being knocked to the floor.

Slamming into the near-by wall from the force of the blow, the wolf hunter looked up in shock to find Inu-Yasha standing protectively in front of his unconscious mate, poised and ready to fight.

"What the fracking hell do you think you were doing, you damn @$$ hole?!" he snarled, his eyes livid and flashing murderously.

"I was simply getting rid of one useless wer-" he began smoothly, getting to his feet-

Only to be slammed against the wall by Inu once more.

"Don't you dare say it," he warned so softly that no one but Naraku could hear him.

The ebony haired man smirked. "Secrets, secrets, are no fun. Secrets, secrets, hurt someone. . ."

Socking a fist into the half-wolf's jaw, the hunter slammed a silver-rimmed boot into Inu's stomach, causing him to loosen his grip in shock.

As the silver-haired teen skidded backwards from the force of the blow, he snarled at the evilly grinning man.

"You fracking bastard. . ."

"Vile half breed," he spat back, dodging Inu-Yasha as he lunged again.

Backtracking, the half-wolf whirled his foot around in a high kick, connecting with Naraku's jaw and making him crumple in momentary shock.

Both halted in their paths, however, as a small groan echoed off the linoleum floor.

"Kagome?! Are you okay?!" Inu gasped as he fell to his knees next to his mate, forgetting the hunter.

"I'm fine," she whispered, turning to look at him with a soft smile-

That very quickly turned to a horrified, wide-eyed gaze.

"Inu-Yasha! BEHIND YOU!"

Without a second thought, the half-wolf scooped his mate into his arms and leapt out of the way- just as a loud BAM sounded from behind them, causing the people gathered around them to scream.

As they whirled to face Naraku again, they saw with horror that he was holding a gun.

Pointed straight at them.

~*~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment